IC-OMAHA-Tables Turned(Ron Moore/Keith/Darnell/Lisa/Brian)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Re: IC-OMAHA-Tables Turned(Ron Moore/Darnell Jones)

Post by ryansommer »

Ron does his best to hide.

Ron whispers to Darnell again: "Is he sympathetic to the boss?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the warehouse-
"I don't really know him," said Darnell, "but he seems to do whatever he's told."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Well, we best get moving" Ron whispers. "Here's the plan. We go in there and you tell them that I'm your old coach and I'm on your side. We walk in like nothing is wrong. We see if we can turn Keith and get him to help us. Then, we get Erika out of there. You understand?"

"One more thing," Ron said looking straight into Darnell's eyes, "You fuck me over, and I'm killing you first. You hear me?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-OMAHA-Tables Turned(Ron Moore/Darnell Jones/Lisa/Brian)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the warehouse-
"I got it, Coach," said Darnell. He led Ron up to the open doorway to the warehouse.

In the entry hall-
Brian Stevenson was about to start barricading the open front doorway when he saw Darnell and Ron walking up to it. He recognized Darnell and stepped aside to let them in. They were met with a scene of gruesome carnage. Near the blasted open front door, Ron saw the bullet-riddled body of Miguel, as well as those of two Jamaicans. Blood pooled on the floor, shell casings floating in it. In the other direction, at the far end of the hall near the destroyed back door, he could see the corpse of Tiny as well as some shredded remains that were barely recognizable as human, and through the opening was the body of Emily Lubachek. Doors lined the hall on the right, and there was a single door near the front on the left. Also near the back door were Lisa Marley and two other live Jamaicans. One of them had a leg wound and carried a Mac-11 submachine gun. Lisa sat next to him, her arms around his waist. The other Jamaican was sewing up the wound, and he looked to be more than halfway done.

"Darnell, what are you doing here?" asked the wounded Jamaican. "I thought you were going with Lou and Doug. And who's this guy?"

"Damon, this is Ron Moore, my coach from Brooks High. He came down here from the school separately to try to find me. I let Lou and Doug go without me so I could talk to the coach. They can handle it."

"I heard a gunshot earlier."

"That was just a warning shot, but the coach is cool now. He's willing to join us."

Damon smiled. "Good job, Darnell," he said. "We could really use reinforcements, and he looks big and strong too. He won't replace Malcolm, but I'm sure he'll prove useful." He looked up at Ron. "Pleased to have you on my posse. I and I am Damon Marley. So, what sorts of things are you good at?"

While they spoke, Brian got to work boarding up the space where the front door used to be, his skill highly evident.
OOC,[b]Ron[/b], please roll Sanity for seeing the gruesome remains and Spot Hidden. Sanity loss is 1/1d4+1. The base skill for Spot Hidden is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
Ron recognized the horribly shredded corpse as LaTanya Washington. There was so little left of her that it was nearly impossible to do so. She had to have been hit with at least ten bullets. Ron took in all the details of the entry hall. The mechanic had no guns, but he did have a crowbar. A pump action 12-gauge shotgun lay discarded just inside the front door. It looked like Chuck's shotgun that Emilio had been using. Miguel's body had a Glock 17 9mm automatic pistol on his belt. One of the Jamaican corpses near him had a .38 revolver and a fighting knife on his own belt, and the other had a Glock 17 as well as a Springfield Armory M21 sniper rifle on his back. Damon had a .50 Desert Eagle automatic pistol and a fighting knife in addition to his submachine gun, and the Jamaican treating him carried a .32 automatic. Lisa was unarmed. Beyond them, at the rear of the entry hall, LaTanya's body had an M4 carbine and a fencing foil. Out the back door, he could even see the .38 revolver and the large axe on Emily Lubachek's corpse.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Handy,What does Ron know about the zombies? Does he know that the dead are rising?
"Thanks, for having me" Ron said, extending his hand and firmly shaking the mans hand. "I'm a soldier, Damon. Served several tours in Iraq and ended my military career as a drill sergent. If you need someone to whip your men ito fighting shape and solidify your defenses, I am you man."

Scanning the area: "You've got a quite a mess here.We need to get the dead out of here before they rot. Darnell and I will start at the back door."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
"Yeah, good thinking, mon," said Damon.
Ron Moore,[b]Ron[/b] not only knows that the dead were rising, he knows that they aren't any more. [b]Ron[/b] got briefed along with everyone else in the lab at the beginning of Chapter 5. The bodies in the entry hall have been dead for some time now, and they haven't gotten up.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Handy,Shoot! I did not know that. Are they not rising because of the EMP at the school or because of something else?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ron Moore,Something else, from what you've been told. The message that [b]Stephanie[/b] transmitted into space is believed to have stopped all the dead from rising all over the world, but did nothing to the ones that had already risen. The EMP has a limited area of effect with a radius of a mile or two. The pulses are fired off at regular intervals, which wouldn't keep the dead from rising by itself but would take down any that were already up (as happened at the end of Chapter 4).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Ron heads to the back door and picks up the M4 dropped by LaTonya and straps it across his back. He drags her corpse out the back door and kneels next to her. He makes the sign of the cross on his body, then hers, and mutters "Lord, protect this young lady and forgive me." He then pats down her body, looking for additional clips of ammunition on her body.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
Darnell helped Ron carry LaTanya's corpse out behind the warehouse.

Behind the warehouse-
Darnell and Ron set the body down with respect. He began to cry and turned his head away. "Too damn late to protect her now," he muttered.

Now that Ron was outside, he could see that his bow, arrows, and saber were lying right where he'd left them. LaTanya had no extra magazines on her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Ron scooped up his dropped bow and arrows and the sabre and stowed them on his body. "These may be useful to kill the zombies quietly," Ron said to Darnell.
Ron moved to the next body and drug it outside the back door as well.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Behind the warehouse-
Darnell followed Ron back inside.

In the entry hall-
When Ron and Darnell returned, they saw that Brian was making decent progress boarding up the front entrance.

"Just a couple more minutes," the Jamaican sewing up Damon's wound said.

"Thanks, Wesley," said Damon.

The bodies of LaTanya and Emily were out behind the warehouse, but there were still a few from which to choose. Tiny lay near the back door, while Miguel and the dead Jamaicans were closer to the front.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Darnell" Ron said loudly enough for Damon to hear him, "Why don't you show me around the rest of the place so I can start thinking about defenses?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
"Sure," said Darnell. "Let's start downstairs."

"Good idea," said Damon. "Show him around the place, Darnell. I'll catch up with you later."

Darnell led Ron through one of the many doors in the hall.
OOC,[b]Darnell[/b] and [b]Ron[/b] are moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point, and do not read any posts in the new thread above the one in the link. All other characters remain in the current thread.
Bad to the Bone
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-OMAHA-Tables Turned(Ron Moore/Keith/Darnell/Lisa/Brian)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
Keith walked into the entry hall, where he saw Wesley finish sewing up Damon's leg wound. Damon held his MAC-11 in his hand. Lisa sat next to her father with her arms around him, and Brian Stevenson was about halfway done boarding up the front entrance.

"I hear a big vehicle coming," said Wesley, helping Damon to his feet.

Brian looked out the open doorway. "It's the minibus," he said.

"Lisa, go to the main floor and open one of the garage doors," said Damon. "That's your brother and Lou coming back."

Lisa got up and hurried through the door to the main floor.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart-

"Hey Damon, there's a problem with Roy--he's taken a turn for the worse. I thought I'd better report it. You hurt bad, boss?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
"I'll live," said Damon, testing his bandaged leg.

"Roy was doing fine the last I saw him," said Wesley. "What happened? I might be able to help him."

On the main floor-
Lisa slowly opened one of the garage doors by hand and waved. The VW minibus drove into the warehouse and parked next to the Mustang.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

"Good to hear it!"

"Wesley, Roy was clutching the back of his head, complaining of a headache. Perhaps it'd be best to check on him."

Keith will wander over to the minibus.

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”