IC-OMAHA-Bus(Donald/Alvin/Rachel/John/Jack/etc.)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

gazza567
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 14 years

Re: IC-OMAHA-Bus(Donald/Alvin/Rachel/John/Jack/etc.)

Post by gazza567 »

John Lake studies the Lobby, he looks for all access points and vulnerabilities. His keeps at the ready and watches this Alvin, not sure what to make of the fairly obvious unhinged ex-soldier.

He tries to catch Gretchen's eye as they continue on into the School.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald - tinker, tinker, tinker...
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

In the street-

Rachel steps into the RV.
Master Blaster
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Post by Master Blaster »

Gretchen looks at John quizzically behind Alvins back.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin leads the group to the security office
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the lobby-
John saw that it would take quite a lot of force to break down the barricades on the front doors. They seemed to have held all day. Aside from two doors, one to the northwest and one to the northeast, the only other ways in and out were the three halls. The one he had come from led north, and two others led east and west. A balcony ringed the lobby from above, accessible only from upstairs. A security desk stood in the middle of the lobby, but nobody was currently on duty there.

Tariq left via the east hall.

John, Gretchen, Ann, and Miles followed Alvin through the northeast doorway. The door had been smashed in from the outside.
OOC,[b]Alvin[/b], [b]Murray[/b], [b]John Lake[/b], and [b]Gretchen[/b] are moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point, and do not read any posts above the one in the link. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Detention

In the rear parking lot-
"Why don't you guys tell me a little about yourselves?" asked Lucy as she helped with the repairs.

In the RV-
The first thing Rachel noticed when she stepped into the RV was the stench of death and decay. Shell casings, blood, and broken glass made it obvious that a fight had taken place here. The lights inside the RV were all off, and nothing would make them turn on. All of the doors to the various rooms were open except for one at the back, which was closed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Not much to say," Donald responded to Lucy. "Been in Omaha since I was thirteen. Never really had high marks, so seems pushing a broom was right up my alley. Did some custodial work here and there, picked up a bit on repairs and such. Been working at the school here for the past ten years, mostly doing the outdoors groundskeeping. Had a wife, but she fell ill from cancer a couple years back - may she rest in peace. Thank god she didn't have to witness all of this."

Donald paused his wrench work as his mind drifted back to his wife. He wondered if she managed to claw her way up from the grave during the first wave, and shivered with the thought. "Do you think those ... things remember anything from their lives?"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

In the RV-

Rachel mentally braces herself for a possible shocking discovery. She tries to open the closed door.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: I'm guessing our lack of activity is largely because what we're attempting to do is a time-consuming event, and you want to keep us all on the same clock, relatively speaking. Am I right?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, you're absolutely right. This is coupled with the facts that there are time-sensitive things going on in the other Omaha threads, that some players are taking a long time to post, and that I've been busier than normal and haven't been able to update as frequently. I'm hoping that once certain things are resolved I'll be able to move things forward quickly and skip a lot of time. In the meantime, I'll try to keep the conversation interesting.
In the east hall, ground floor-
Tariq entered the cafeteria.
OOC,[b]Tariq[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. His player, if he ever has one again, must stop reading the current thread at this point and may not read any posts in the new thread above the one in the link. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Suppertime

In the rear parking lot-
"I'm sorry," said Lucy as she worked. "I don't think those things remember anything from life from what I've seen. The only thing they care about is killing and eating people, and they do it singlemindedly."

In the RV-
Rachel Cohen,[b]Rachel[/b] tried the door at the back, which was not locked. It opened to reveal a scene of horrific carnage in the rear bedroom. The bodies of a woman and five children, one of them a baby, lay on and around the bed. All of them had been shot in the head from close range. The two biggest children also had bullet wounds in their torsos. [spoiler][b]Rachel[/b], roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d3.[/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Hrm," Donald responded. "Well, probably for the best, that." A bit of oil drained out and landed on his cheek before he moved out of the way and put the drain pan under the draining oil. "I can't imagine how horrible it would be to retain your feelings and still be drawn to consume your friends and family."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel, in the RV-
ooc,She is a pretty tough cookie, so takes in the nightmare scene with no more than a shudder. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2811384/]Sanity roll (1d100=13)[/url]
"I've seen enough here." Rachel departs (back to the bus).
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the rear parking lot-
"Yeah, I know what you mean," said Lucy to Donald. "I don't think the dead feel anything, though. I hope not, anyway."

In the street-
Rachel exited the RV and began the lonely walk back to the school.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel muses about Jack Brunner and his family, who he said were in the RV.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Southwest of the school-
Rachel soon reached the fence surrounding the school again. There were enough holes in the fence that she could easily get back onto the school's grounds.

In the rear parking lot-
"The dead aren't the worst thing," said Lucy to Donald and Jack. "The problem is with people, with how they act in response. Everything that's happened today has brought out the worst in bad people, like that maniac Gardner. People like that care only about themselves and try to grab what they can get at the expense of everyone else. But it also brought out the best in good people, who acted heroically and risked their lives to save others."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald agreed, "We certainly did start seeing true colors around here." He continued doing what he did best and tinkering with the bus. Wouldn't be long before the bus would be operational again. "Monsters of all sorts running around. Used to be you only had to worry about Lawyers and Politicians." He chuckled a moment then added, "It was almost an even trade."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel briskly marches to the rear parking lot.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the rear parking lot-
Rachel returned to find Donald, Lucy, and Jack still working on the bus. They had made some progress, but there was still a long way to go.

"Find anything?" asked Becky.
OOC,Everyone, roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald said, "Found that this bus hadn't had its oil changed in probably five or ten years." Then, he managed to hear something.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Find anything?" asked Becky.
Rachel grimaces.

"Yes, I did. Jack and I need to have a private chat."
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2835678/]Listen (1d100=18)[/url]
Last edited by Tabs on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”