IC-OMAHA-Bus(Donald/Alvin/Rachel/John/Jack/etc.)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Bus(Lucy/Tariq/Becky/Don/Declan/Alvin/dog/Rachel)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Alvin Drummond,[b]Alvin[/b] isn't that far gone yet. He thinks he's back in Vietnam, but he can still tell who the friendlies are. Temporary insanity may cause something like that, but he's fine for now. Even [b]Colin Lewis[/b] at 1 Sanity didn't need to start killing people.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Rachel climbs into the bus and sits in the driving seat.
"Brrrrm brrrrm!"
She searches for the keys--ignition, sun-shield, etc.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the rear parking lot-
"Here, catch," said Becky, tossing Rachel the keys to the bus. Then she went over to where Donald was inspecting the engine. He got the impression that, while he could fix it, it would take some time. If he had to do it by himself, it would probably take him about six hours. Fortunately, he had help. Lucy was more used to working on aircraft, but she proved quite capable with ground vehicles too. However, Becky just couldn't contribute much. She had already tried to fix it and had had no luck then either. Declan also couldn't figure it out. "Damn newfangled thing," he muttered. While the bus was well over thirty years old, he was considerably older still.

With Lucy's help, Donald estimated that the repairs would take close to three hours. More competent help would speed that up considerably.
OOC,Everyone, roll Listen. [b]Alvin[/b], if you decide to try your hand at helping to fix the bus, you'll need to roll Mechanical Repair. [b]Rachel[/b], you may try as well, though the base skill is only 20%.
In the bus-
Rachel familiarized herself with the bus and tried the keys, but the engine did not turn over. The sun visor worked just fine, but she wouldn't need it much longer, considering how low the sun was dipping.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Listen = Fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2752990/]Listen (30%) (1d100=94)[/url]
Daniel told the others, "Well, with Lucy's help, we can have this done in a few hours. Certainly not impossible. Ok Rachel, you can stop trying to turn it over." He started laying out the tools they had available and went to work.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rolls,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2753034/]Listen & Mechanical Repair 20% (1d100=33, 1d100=76)[/url] Listen skill 34%, hey!
Rachel climbs out of the bus and fingers some tools, she holds a wrench up to Donald.
"What the hell is this used for?"
She cocks her head. "I hear something."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin paced back and front of the door silently counting candence to himself. His ears pricked up and he swung around holding a tennis ball cocked in one hand ready to throw it and said, "Advance and be reconized or I will shoot!"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Alvin Drummond and Rachel Cohen,[b]Alvin[/b] and [b]Rachel[/b] heard [b]Tariq[/b] on the roof speaking with [b]Dr. Saunders[/b]. "Here's you dinner, Doctor," he said. "Thank you, [b]Tariq[/b]," she answered. "If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you about this EMP device. I'm curious about it." "What did you want to know?" They could also hear people around the corner, on the west side of the school.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald cocked his head to the side, then shook his head, "Don't hear nothin'." He grabbed the wrench and said, "It's for tightening and loosening things. I'm going to need that just now, thanks." With wrench in hand, he slid under the bus fixing to take the whatsamajigger apart so he could rebuild it. He didn't much need the light, using his hands to find the appropriate bolt to loosen.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel watches on as Donald's legs disappear beneath the bus. She exits to try and talk with Tariq and Dr Saunders, who she hears up on the roof.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvin lowered his tennis ball and continued pacing
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-OMAHA-Bus(Donald/Alvin/Rachel/John/Jack/etc.)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the rear parking lot-
The group in the parking lot saw five people emerge from around the northwest corner. A young man led the way, accompanied by a blonde woman of around thirty years. There were also a redheaded woman and a man with black hair. They both looked to be about thirty years old as well. All four of them wore suits and ties. The fifth person looked different, a man in overalls who was fortyish.

"Name's Jack Brunner," said the man in overalls. "I'm here with Agents Lake, O'Neill, and Graham and Detective Ehrlich. We're human and friendly."

The five newcomers saw that a man and a woman were underneath an old school bus working on it. Their legs stuck out from beneath the bus and a toolbox lay open between them. There was an old, scruffy-looking black man standing guard in front of one of the back doors, in the center of the school's north side. An equally scruffy-looking mutt crouched beside him. There were also a tough-looking blonde woman and an elderly Irishman.
Rachel Cohen,You can go ahead and talk to [b]Tariq[/b] and [b]Dr. Saunders[/b] if you like.
Alvin Drummond/Rachel Cohen/Jack Brunner,"How reliable is it?" asked [b]Tariq[/b] up on the roof. "Are you sure it will keep working?" "Oh, yes," said [b]Dr. Saunders[/b]. "it's been working so far, and I'm keeping an eye on it. You don't need to worry on that score."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald took a moment to peek out at who was speaking. It was a voice he hadn't heard before. "Huh... visitors. At least they ain't trying to eat us or shoot us... yet." He went back to working under the bus.
pfarland
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Post by pfarland »

Thinking about what he had heard and walking over to the bus, Jack thought through the consequences of it. Kneeling down to talk to those working on the bus he said "Are you replacing the electrical systems? Need any tools or help?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the rear parking lot-
An ugly, overweight woman with a shotgun came around the bus from the other side. "Yeah, we could use some help," she said. "I'm Becky Clarke, the bus driver. The electrical systems aren't the problem. This bus is old enough that it isn't affected by the EMP. The problem's mechanical."
OOC,[b]Jack[/b], if you want to try to help fix the bus, roll Mechanical Repair.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Yeah, what she said is right," Donald says through grunts as he works a nut free. "I know what the problem is, but it'll take some time to fix it. An extra hand couldn't hurt if you know anything about engines."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

The blond woman sporting an SMG slung over her shoulder greets the newcomers, she speaks English with a foreign accent.
"Hello. I'm Rachel Cohen, head of security for the scientists here at the school. Good to have you guys join with us.
"Agents? FBI I presume. And Mr Brunner, a mechanic?"
pfarland
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Post by pfarland »

Kneeling down and opening his bag full of tools Jack said "No I'm a farmer, but you have to learn to be pretty self sufficient and fix all kinds of things out on the farm. I'm pretty good at fixing just about anything, mechanical, electrical, or electronics. I guess you could say I'm a bit Jack of all trades." Now with the momentary grin gone and got to work on the bus. Finding out the problem, he quickly got to work fixing it.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvin walked up to the new arrivals and said, "do you have the password cause if not the General will have to approve you to be allowed on site. And he may order you hanged unfortunatly."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the rear parking lot-
"I'm Special Agent Ann O'Neill," said the redhead to Rachel. "Special Agent Miles Graham and I are from the FBI." She pointed out the man in the black suit who had come with her. "Special Agent John Lake is from the DEA."

"And I'm Detective Gretchen Ehrlich from the Omaha Police Department," said the blonde. "What's been going on around here?"

Miles Graham looked curiously at Alvin. "There is a general in command here?" he asked. "I did not notice a military presence."

Jack got to work helping Donald and the woman who were repairing the bus. "I'm Lucy Armstrong," she said. "I'd shake your hand, but I'm up to my elbows in grease." With his help, it looked like it would now take only a little less than two hours to complete the repairs and get the bus moving. It would be sooner than that if they could get a little more help.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald nodded to Jack and said quietly, "Right, I'm Daniel. And don't worry about that password business. Alvin's not quite right in the head lately. Thinks he's back in the army."
Last edited by ImpInTraining on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”