IC-GOLD-Prepare for the Worst(Everyone else)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-GOLD-Prepare for the Worst(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 10:35 PM Mountain Time - Warren Air Force Base, west of Cheyenne, Wyoming
In the operating theater-
Lt. Oscar Gomez led in a group from the men's ward consisting of himself, Senior Airman Roger Coltrane, Airman Gary Simpson, Airman Marcus Winters, Robert, and Keith Deeds. At about the same time, Captain Claire Kelleher entered from the women's ward, along with Lt. Sara Evans, Lt. Barbara Ellison, Technical Sergeant Jessica Valdez, Airman Catherine Rourke, Zorie Spooner, Amanda Deeds, Melinda Christie, Beth, and Lisa Crow.

"Robert!" said Beth, running up to him and throwing her arms around him.

"You okay, Beth?" asked Robert. "I haven't seen you since they separated us."

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"How are you doing, Keith?" asked Amanda, coming over to give him a hug.

Captain Kelleher looked around. "Where's Captain Johansen?" she asked.

"He stayed in the men's ward, ma'am," said Lt. Gomez. "He didn't want to risk the spread of infection."

"Guess we'll just have to do more work. You'll be in charge of the men once we separate the new arrivals. Let's all get to the intake area."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Prepare for the Worst(Everyone else)

Post by kabukiman »

Melinda gives Keith a hug... and a kiss.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

"Glad to see you again, mom" Keith said returning her hug. He then moved to Melinda and hugged and kissed her back. "Great to see you too" he said with a wink.
Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Steerpike »

Sgt Valdez approaches Kelleher
"Begging the Captains pardon, but what is the ROE on this one. Do we know the status of the survivors coming in? Are any infected?"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Sara Evens divided up the group to various stations
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the operating theater-
"No, we don't know their status or if they're infected, Sergeant," said Captain Kelleher as she led the way to the intake area. "That's what we have to find out when we screen them. Some of them may have been injured, so we'll need to treat them. The rules of engagement are the same as before. We are authorized to use lethal force against anyone we think might be infected. Major Stone's orders are to shoot anyone confirmed to be infected in the head immediately. If civilians resist with nonlethal force, we can respond with nonlethal force to subdue them. If anyone attempts to break quarantine, they are to be shot on sight."

In the intake area-
Captain Kelleher, Lt. Evans, Lt. Gomez, Lt. Ellison, Sergeant Valdez, Senior Airman Coltrane, Airman Rourke, Airman Simpson, Airman Winters, and Zorie Spooner entered the intake area. Captain Kelleher held the doors to the operating theater open and motioned for the remaining civilians to follow. Robert and Beth entered arm in arm.

"We'll want to divide the intake area," said Captain Kelleher. "Men on the north side, women on the south side. We'll need to run up some curtains for privacy. We have to run in hoses too. We need hazardous waste bags to hold their clothes so we can take them to be burned. We still have enough medical supplies in here to treat any injuries and examine all the patients."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith followed the Captain into the operating theater: "I'll get started on putting up privacy curtains. Is there somewhere I can get soem bed sheets or something to hang up? We'll also need a good supply of scrubs to give the survivors to wear once we burn their clothes. Maybe some fatigues?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You're actually following her into the intake area from the operating theater.
In the intake area-
The rest of the civilians entered the intake area.

"We don't have fatigues here, sir," said Captain Kelleher, "but we do have more hospital gowns like you're wearing. We've already got curtains here. Winters and Rourke, you two get them and help hang them up. Use those overhead tracks. I want to divide the room into three parts, with a narrow corridor running east and west between two rows of curtains separating off the men's and women's sections. Simpson, go run a couple of hoses in from the shower room. We have a little time before the patients get here, but we should get what we can done now."

"Yes, ma'am," said Catherine. She and Marcus Winters collected the long curtains and brought them out to help Keith with the curtains.

"I'm on it, ma'am," said Gary Simpson. He headed back into the OR.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Thanks," Keith said as he began to get to work.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Evans said, "My orders sir?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Gary SImpson[/b] is moving to the following thread. His player (if he ever gets one again) must stop reading the current thread at this point and may not read any posts in the new thread before the one in the link, aside from those at the start of the thread in which he was present.
Boys' Night In

In the intake area-
"I'll need you to get medical supplies ready and divide them up between the men's and women's sides of the room, Lt. Evans," said Captain Claire Kelleher. "You'll also need to keep the medical staff organized. Once everything is ready, there won't be too much to do except wait for the new arrivals. I'm not sure how long it will take them to be admitted, but we have to be ready when they are. If you have any suggestions of your own, I'm open to them."

Keith and Airman Winters ran up curtains separating the men's part of the room, while Airman Rourke and Amanda set them up to block off the women's section.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Lt Evans said, "All medical staff not helping set up the room report to me please"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the intake area-
The curtains were now completely set up. Lt. Gomez, Lt. Ellison, and Airman Rourke all assembled at Lt. Evans's order.

"Ma'am, we're not part of the medical staff," said Sergeant Valdez, indicating herself and Airman Winters, "but we're here to help if we can."

"So am I," added Zorie Spooner.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"Okay we are going to need to keep watch in case one of these are infected. Prepare to shoot to kill in the head of that is the case. It is mercy believe me. So any suggestions from you all I will gladly take as well. We are in this together."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith spoke up: "You are correct, sir. We need to shoot them in the head if they are infected but it's not just the infected we need to worry about. Anyone who dies, will rise up again. If someone died in that helicopter crash out there, they too will get back up even if they were not bitten. From what I have seen, I think we have to assume everyone is infected and death is the triggering mechinism."
Master Blaster
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Post by Master Blaster »

Captain Claire Kelleher focuses on the entrance to the room, controlling her breathing and trying to put out of her mind the events of the past few hours, mentally preparing herself for the task ahead. She repeats over and over to herself:

You can do this, you can do this......
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the intake area-
Off in the distance, a howitzer barked.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Master Blaster
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Post by Master Blaster »

OOC,Does Claire have a radio. I would like to ask HQ what a howitzer is firing at/for.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Anything else I can help with?" asked Keith.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Claire[/b], along with all other Air Force personnel stationed here, has a radio. Hers is a hands-free unit built into her Racal suit. You can open up a channel to [b]Lt. Colonel Carmichael[/b] and ask him whatever you like.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”