IC-OMAHA-Suppertime(Everyone else)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Suppertime(Everyone else)

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad smiled. I'm Rashad. Rashad Sadiq. That's unfortunate that the national guard pulled out, but atleast we can hope they got some of the people of Omaha out in time.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin said, "I will go stand guard while you all fix the tank. Lets go gentlemen times awasting. Charlie is on his way." Alvin started walking out the door.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the kitchen-
Amelia continued cooking.

In the cafeteria-
"Oh, I'm not going to the workshop," said Declan. "Becky's right, let's get the bus moving first before we worry about armor. I can help do that too."

"You sure ate fast," said Principal Adler. "There's more where that came from if you're still hungry, but if you feel you need to start working now, I can't stop you. I understand that you want to get the most use out of what little daylight remains."

"You sure you won't stay with us, Rachel?" asked Liz. "Seems like you're always busy working."

"The National Guard wasn't evacuating anyone from Omaha," said Becky to Rashad. "Otherwise they'd have taken the kids when they took the buses. No, they were just evacuating people from the more dangerous areas of Omaha to less dangerous areas. Don't know if it made any difference. They had already sealed off Omaha itself by that point - to contain the infection, they said." She went out the doorway and into the hall with Donald, Declan, Alvin, Murray, and Rachel.

"Count me in too," said Lucy. "I'm a pretty good mechanic." She picked up her plate of food and followed the others into the hall.

In the east hall, ground floor-
When Donald and the others emerged from the cafeteria, they saw Tariq coming out of the security office and into the lobby. He was still carrying the tray, but there was less food on it now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Eating is boring. LOL.
Daniel nodded to Tariq in passing, and turned to make his way toward where the broken bus was. He knew the most important thing right now was to find out what was wrong with it and find a way to repair it. He had worked on the older busses before, but couldn't remember off the top of his head what had happened to the one that rested like the many corpses in the streets after the EMP went off.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad mulls over what he heard and continues to eat his food.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

"You sure you won't stay with us, Rachel?" asked Liz.
"I'll come along with the rest of you."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin petted Murry and said, "I'll take point if you all want. What is the password by the way?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Lucy[/b], [b]Becky[/b], [b]Donald[/b], [b]Declan[/b], [b]Alvin[/b], [b]Murray[/b], and [b]Rachel[/b] are moving to the following thread. You must stop reading the current thread at this point. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Bus

In the kitchen-
Amelia added a little more spice to the food.

In the cafeteria-
"Maybe I should start working on that second EMP device now," said Stephanie.

"Not until you finish your dinner," said Liz. "I insist. You've saved the world once already today. Take a break and enjoy yourself before doing it again, okay?"

"But I feel like I ought to be helping."

"You want to help? How about making a rousing speech?"

"A speech?"

"Sure! Something inspiring and motivational. You'd be good at it, Steph."

"Well, okay." Stephanie stood up and composed her thoughts, then cleared her throat and began. "If I have seen further, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants. So said Sir Isaac Newton, who is himself one of the giants of science upon whose shoulders I have stood. I may have finished the important work that has given humanity a chance to survive after this terrible day, but I did not start it. This has been a team effort, and I would like to thank my teammates for the vital work they've done. Without them it wouldn't have been possible. First and foremost is Dr. Brigetta Hausmann, my friend and mentor." She indicated the woman with the broken arm beside her. "She has taught me so much about biology, and working with her this past year has been a true pleasure. Without her early work in decoding the aliens' language, I wouldn't have been able to complete it today. She did almost all of it herself before she had to pass the torch to me. I just ran the last leg of the race for her. She broke her arm while trying to save a man's life. He was beyond salvation, and he was the first of many reanimated corpses that we encountered. She nearly died then and there, but thanks to other heroes she remains alive and unbitten."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad begins to applaud. Thank you, Dr. Bridges and Dr. Hausmann. You two saved myself, Samir and Erin. We were surrounded by these zombies, and if not for your device we'd still be stuck up there.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the kitchen-
Amelia kept cooking.

In the cafeteria-
"Yes, thank you," said Samir, listening intently.

"You're welcome," said Stephanie. "While the EMP device was my idea, I'm not the one who built it. I mean, I could have, if I had been here and hadn't been busy with the work I was doing. It was Adam Donelly here and Dr. Helene Saunders who found the parts and assembled it. We also need to thank them. Without their efforts, we would not have survived to enjoy our victory. The school was about to be overrun when they activated it. And we need to thank everyone who helped repair the generator after it went down. Without power, we wouldn't have been able to transmit the message into space. Emilio Montoya, the late Chuck Lubachek, Donald Woodridge, and Declan McLeod all contributed from what I've heard, and Emilio did an especially excellent job. Without him, power might not have been restored in time."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the kitchen-
Amelia took a taste, savoring it and licking her lips.

In the cafeteria-
"There are others who have made our victory possible," continued Stephanie. "People who protected us so that we could reach Omaha, some of whom made the ultimate sacrifice to save humanity. One of them was the courageous Nebraska State Trooper Bo RIchards." Her eyes welled up as she spoke. "He gave his all to protect me and Dr. Hausmann. His expert use of a shotgun eliminated two dangerous zombies that had threatened to kill many of us, and he took a bullet in the back in the process. He survived thanks to his vest, and he flew with us in the helicopter. Unfortunately, when we landed to refuel at an airfield about halfway here, a vicious and maniacal National Guard corporal named Anthony Gardner tried to steal the helicopter and do much worse. He had kidnapped air traffic controller Kathryn McCoy and forced her to lead us into a trap. He also abducted our pilot, fellow State Trooper Erica Spears, and he had very dark plans for both of them. Bo courageously went to their rescue, along with State Police Sergeant Diane Ford and Trooper Rick Brenner. All three were killed by Gardner's grenade. He also murdered our co-pilot Bob Larkin when we tried to take off and escape, and even one of his own people when she attempted to stop him. If not for Erica's bravery, all would have been lost. But she took a chance to flee to the helicopter and got us off the ground. However, Kathryn McCoy wasn't so lucky, and he recaptured her as we escaped. Now Erica has been abducted again, this time by young murderous criminals."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad listens with rapt attention. I can't imagine what that must have been like, I spent most of the day on top of a roof, but that's hardly bad compared to all that you went through.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko
-Soldiers doing that? I though they would obey orders and protect civilians!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cafeteria-
"Thank you," said Stephanie. "Gardner was a psycho. His people followed him at first because they were afraid of him, but eventually they turned on him. He managed to get the better of them, though. He killed one and managed to outsmart the other two and get away. The last I saw when we flew away, they were chasing him. I hope they caught him and saved Kathryn. I hope that Kate Wheeler and the others can save Erica too. Erica has been so brave. Gardner was going to make off with me before she stepped forward and offered herself in my place."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-To be good soldiers and wast his talent in days like this in such a shameful way! Imagine if he would concentrate his attention against the zombies. He could have done such deeds. It's like those criminals from here.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

in the cafeteria-
"You're absolutely right," said Stephanie. "I tried to talk Gardner out of what he was doing, but he wouldn't listen to reason. He probably wasn't too reasonable even before this started happening. He was just an evil, evil man who only cared about himself. I can't understand how people can be so selfish and cruel at a time like this, but there's still hope because others have been selfless and kind. Some of them that I mentioned even gave their lives in the hopes of saving humanity, and I have to believe that we're worth saving. When a crisis happens, that's when you really find out what people are like. You can see who will stand together and who will turn on others to save their own skins."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cafeteria-
"Of course, the regular military wasn't very helpful," continued Stephanie. "We thought the Air Force would protect us when they came to the truck stop where we had landed this morning, but all they were interested in was the communications equipment there - and our helicopter. They tried to take it for themselves too, and there was no convincing them that we needed it more. They simply wouldn't believe us when we told them that the fate of the world was at stake. There was a standoff at the helicopter and a mutiny at the same time, and we were able to take off in the confusion."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-I agreed, trying to rape women and killed people is not just cowardice it's pure evilness. Lucky they are individuals, and those who like us are groups
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cafeteria-
"Yes, that's true," said Stephanie. "Of course, there are groups of evildoers too. There were a bunch of skinheads who blew up the diner at the truck stop with the bomb because their leader had been killed there. Brigetta had tried to save him, but it was too late. Then he got back up and broke her arm. Still, most of the bad guys aren't very organized compared to the rest of us, and they're more likely to turn on each other." She shuddered to think of what a truly together bunch of villains could accomplish in what was left of the world. Large parts of it could easily end up being ruled by tyrants of various sorts. Then again, that had been the case before the zombies.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cafeteria-
"After everything that's happened, I can't understand why some people still don't understand the value of human life," said Stephanie. "So many people are dead already, and so few remain. How can anyone want to kill even more people?" She sat back down and resumed eating. Liz put a comforting arm around her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”