IC-OMAHA-Detention(Alvin/Johns/Gretchen/Ed/Rashad/etc.)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Detention(Alvin/Johns/Gretchen/Ed/Rashad/etc.)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
Jerry Law/Megan Petrovich/Kyle Rogers,"I did a tour of duty in Iraq with the National Guard, remember?" said [b]Megan[/b]. "I picked up Arabic while I was there. I couldn't translate all the words, but it sounded like they were talking about the electromagnetic pulse and something about getting information from the scientists. I know it might not mean anything, but it seemed a little suspicious, especially since they were speaking in another language. It's like they didn't want anyone to know what they were discussing."
In the northeast hall, upper floor-
"Sending out a radio message is a very good idea, Michiko," said Stephanie, heading into the science lab with the others. "Unfortunately, the EMP device has wrecked any radio equipment or components within its area of effect. It might help if we could send a group out beyond that range to find a shortwave radio and send a message out to anyone who will listen, but it is dangerous. The dead will still be walking out there. I did already tell Warren Air Force Base my theory that an EMP would stop them cold, but I don't think they believed me. Now we have confirmation that it works, so I would like to pass on the news. Finding a radio somewhere in the suburbs of Omaha would be a lot less dangerous than driving the 400 plus miles out to Warren."

In the science lab-
Adam Donnelly entered and began collecting parts and tools, gathering them on a table. "These were left over from when we built the first EMP device," he said. "There should be enough left to build a second one, but that's going to be it. It'll take a while, but it'll be faster with more of us working on it. Ready, everyone?"

Elijah grinned at Michiko. "I was born ready," he said.
OOC,[b]Michiko[/b], please roll Physics.
On the north fire escape, upper floor-
Rachel replied to Ann O'Neill: "John Lee must have done something terrible for you agents to take the trouble chasing him here--there are so many awful things going on." She spoke to Donald. "Maybe it's best we don't get involved--there is still the bus to fix."

Donald held up a finger to Rachel. "Did you kill someone, John?" he asked. "I mean... someone not a zombie?"

"It has to do with national security," Ann called down to Rachel. "I'm not at liberty to say any more."

"I didn't do it!" protested John Lee. "They're the killers! Don't let them take me, they'll kill me too!" Miles Graham grabbed his arms, pulled them behind his back, and handcuffed him.

"Nobody's going to hurt you," Ann told him. "We're going to take you someplace safe and give you your pills, and then the voices won't talk to you any more." She nodded to Graham, and the two of them marched John Lee back inside.

"Hang on a second," Donald said to the others. "On what jurisdiction are you acting? In case you hadn't noticed... the world is in the crapper. The government probably doesn't even exist anymore, which means your authority is no more valuable than the plastic identifications you hold in your wallets. If I am going to sit by and watch you strip this man of his freedom, I need to know the facts... I need proof. So how about we all go into a nice quiet room where we can hash this out?"

"I understand, no need to say any more," Rachel called up to Ann. She then spoke to Donald. "I'm going to focus on getting the bus fixed."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko:
Michiko was too confused and troubled to be of any use.

Jerry,Well, I'l take your word then. When this all thing started I thought that nothing could be worst than zombies, but after the deaths made by those holligans I can see that everything can always turn to worst. Since your the only person that understand them, maybe you could ask their help to any task you need and see if you can hear anything more?
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad moves to block the agents. Wait a second, just hold on. There is no nation to secure anymore, in case you didn't notice. What are you doing to him, this isn't right!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
Jerry Law/Megan Petrovich/Kyle Rogers,"I don't know if there's anything I could have them do that I trust them enough for," said [b]Megan[/b]. "Maybe helping me guard the prisoner." "I'm in the room, you know," said [b]Kyle[/b]. "You don't trust these guys, but you'll put my life in their hands?" "They're probably no more qualified to guard you than I am. I don't think they'd start saying something incriminating in Arabic if they know I'm in the room, anyway. I overheard them talking as I was on my way here. They thought they were alone when they were chatting. If someone would relieve me on guard duty, maybe I could listen on them without them noticing."
In the science lab-
Stephanie got down to work, her expertise obvious to everyone. She began assembling the EMP device almost without even thinking about it, glad to have her hands busy.

Chester Johnson shook his head. "I'm just a high school science teacher," he said. "This stuff is a little beyond me." Elijah, however, was a bit of a prodigy and was able to contribute. The work he had done earlier today had taught him much. Though Adam Donnelly had built the first one, he was too exhausted to be of much help. "Sorry, Steph," he said. "I just can't keep up with you, but I'll gladly stay here and watch you work. I can hand you parts and tools you need."

"Thanks, Adam," she said. "If any of you who can't help wants to organize a group to go searching for a working shortwave beyond the EMP radius, you could go do that. Just don't go yourselves, it'll be too dangerous. The dead will be walking that far out. I have the frequency to communicate with Warren Air Force Base, and you can tell it to whoever's going." She told them the frequency. "They'll want to talk to a Lieutenant Colonel Carmichael. They can tell him I said hi, and that the EMP works like a charm and I transmitted the message, so that the dead will hopefully stop rising. Elijah and I should have this done in under an hour, I think."

On the north fire escape, upper floor-
The agents were faster than Rashad, and they hustled John Lee through the door and back into the stairwell, ignoring everyone who told them to stop. He had to settle for following them. John Lake and Gretchen Ehrlich were right behind them.

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
"Hold up," called John Lake after the agents, who were hustling their prisoner downstairs. "I'm coming with you."

"So am I," said Gretchen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad hurried after the agents. Wait!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
Jerry Law/Megan Petrovich/Kyle Rogers,"Could you take over guard duty for me?" [b]Megan[/b] asked [b]Jerry[/b]. "Or could you find someone else who can? That way I'd be free to investigate further."
In the science lab-
"Well, Michiko?" asked Chester Johnson. "Do you want to stay here with Elijah, Stephanie, and Adam, or would you rather go back to the cafeteria with me? They'll probably be serving dessert soon. All that ice cream won't keep long, and someone's got to eat it."

"Can you bring me some?" Elijah asked while he worked.

"Sure." Chester headed out of the room.

Elijah and Stephanie continued working on the second EMP device while Adam watched and lent what assistance he could. "You're absolutely amazing, Stephanie," said Adam. "I wasn't going anywhere near this fast when I built the first one. You've already saved the world today, but you just don't rest."

"Thanks, Adam," said Stephanie, blushing. "This is too important to wait, though. If anything happens to the other EMP device, we'll need a backup, and it will allow safe travel once they get the bus working again."

"After this, you've got to set aside some time for you. Your friend Liz was talking about organizing a dance tonight. How'd you like to go with me when you get off work?"

"I'd like that very much."

John Lake and Gretchen Ehrlich followed Rashad downstairs.
OOC,[b]John Lee[/b], [b]John Lake[/b], [b]Rashad Sadiq[/b], and [b]Gretchen Ehrlich[/b] are moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Person of Interest
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko:
-I'l go with you. This seems much outside of what I can do.

Jerry:
-Finding someone seems a good idea. I don't want to be bound to this place, when so much other things need my attention. Maybe asking one of those students?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
"A student?!" said Kyle. "You gotta be kidding me! At least Megan's a soldier, even if she doesn't have a gun."

"Maybe if you could find that police detective, Gretchen Ehrlich," said Megan. "She didn't want to take Kyle off my hands earlier, but you might get her to change her mind. Rachel Cohen's quite capable, but she's in charge of overall security and probably has more important things to do."

In the science lab-
"Enjoy, Michiko!" said Stephanie. "Chester, can you please bring me some ice cream too?"

"I'd say you've earned it," said Adam. "I'll have some too."

"This is a lot of fun," said Elijah as he helped Stephanie begin to assemble the device. "I've always loved science, but I never imagined I'd be doing anything like this."

"Yeah, me neither," said Stephanie. "Growing up, I thought maybe I'd help fight pollution and save the whales, and now here we are saving the humans!"

In the northeast hall, upper floor-
"You got it!" Chester called back to Stephanie and Adam as Michiko emerged from the lab. "Come on, let's go get some ice cream." He led the way to the intersection and around the corner to the right.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko:
-What kind of flavours you think we will get? I love strawberry!

Jerry:
-Look, the idea is just for take care, not being a true guard, we need people to more important stuff. You really think that we will keep someone important to our defense just to watch you?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
"No wonder you just stood there and let them try to kill me," spat back Kyle. "You want me to die!"

"Easy there," said Megan. "The fact is, they are using someone who could help greatly with our defense to protect you: me."
OOC,[b]Jerry[/b], please roll Listen.
In the science lab-
"Maybe one day I can be a scientist as great as you," Elijah told Stephanie.

"Thank you," she said with a smile, "but I have news for you, Elijah: you already are. You've been helping to save the world here today before I even got here, and you're still hard at work right along with me."

In the north hall, upper floor-
Chester and Michiko went up the hall towards the north stairwell. "I believe they have chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry," Chester said, "and there will be more than enough left, so we can eat as much as we like. And we might as well. It won't be any good after a few more hours, so it'll just go to waste if we don't."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Jerry:
Jerry suddenly heard something.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2969002/

Michiko:
-I can't eat too much or I will get fat. No men would want me, except those awful zombies.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
Jerry Law,[b]Jerry[/b] heard a pair of footsteps enter the lobby, moving through it and towards the hall leading to the cafeteria. He heard other footsteps moving swiftly down the north hall and towards the lobby. "No!" he heard [b]John Lee[/b] screaming from the hall. "Don't let them take me!" "Now... hang on a second," said [b]Donald[/b] from further back, his voice very faint. "Why are you in such a rush anyway? This place you're running off to, is it devoid of these zombie critters? I'm pretty sure even if it is, the way back won't be. I ask because we're in the process of building a zombie-proof vehicle. Could be a great asset for your return trip. I don't suppose you drove a tank here, did you? And we don't really have any place in particular to drive to picked out just yet... might as well be in your direction." "Something's up," came [b]Rashad[/b]'s voice, "this is way too suspicious." "A tank?" said an unfamiliar female voice. "I don't see you with one. Don't try to claim that that decrepit bus out back is zombie-proof. It doesn't even look like it's running. We really must be on our way. Time is of the essence." "Please, travel is dangerous," said another woman, "especially at night. At least spend the night at the police station. You can keep your prisoner secure in a cell, and there are enough officers to make sure the precinct stays safe. Perhaps we can even arrange transport for you in the morning."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
Jerry Law,"This police station," said the first woman, "is it well defended? How many officers are there left? How far away is it?" "It's about a mile to the west," said the second. "I'd say it's well defended. We held out all day against the hordes. There are about two dozen or so officers who survived. I was hoping to find another one here, [b]Officer Kate Wheeler[/b]. I know she patrols the school and surrounding area." The first woman sighed. "Very well. Please guide us there, Detective."
In the science lab-
Adam watched while Stephanie and Elijah kept working.

In the north hall, upper floor-
"You won't get fat from eating ice cream once," said Chester. "This may be our last chance to have it for a very long time, maybe our last chance ever. Anything we don't eat will just go to waste. And besides, there are plenty of guys out there who don't judge just by appearances. If any men are so superficial that they can't see your brilliant mind because they can't look past your body, you don't need them anyway and that's their loss." He led the way into the stairwell.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Jerry
Jerry continues to hear.

Michiko
-Thank you. But it's not as easy as you think in the Japan. If when I get 22 or 23 I don't have a fiance, my family will try to get me one, before I'm too old to get one.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
Jerry Law,Footsteps moved away down the west hall. "Hold up!" called the second woman. "I can't keep up with you. I'll need to get in front if I'm to guide you to the police station." "Of course," said the first one. "We should search him at this point anyway." "A weapon," said an unfamiliar male voice after a pause. "That was to protect myself against those things!" said [b]John Lee[/b]'s voice. There was another short delay. "Found it!" "Good," said the first woman.
In the science lab-
Elijah picked up what to do quickly as he assisted Stephanie.

Chester held the door open for Michiko until she entered the stairwell. "Are things that different in Japan?" he asked. "Here in America it's common for people to wait until their thirties before getting married. In any case, I don't think you need to worry about that at this point. The world's still a very dangerous place. Let's worry about tonight and tomorrow before worrying about things that may or may not happen years down the line." He led the way downstairs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko
-Yes, things are very diferent. Not that it matters any way now, since the world would be too busy trying to survive.

Jerry
Jerry leaves the room to see what is hapening.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
Jerry Law stepped out of the office, leaving Megan and Kyle.

In the lobby-
Jerry caught sight of a woman with red hair and a man with short black hair in black suits and ties, both about thirty years old, down the hall to the west, holding John Lee with his hands cuffed behind his back. Another man and a blonde woman, wearing suits of lighter color, stood nearby, as did Donald Woodridge and Rashad Sadiq. The man with black hair was holding a DVD case and a backpack.

"What? You found what? What is that?" said Rashad. He looked at John. "What's the CD?"

"I don't know," said John, "I never got a chance to play it."

"It's evidence that he removed from the crime scene," said the redhead. "Classified evidence." The man with her put the DVD case in an inside jacket pocket and shouldered the backpack. Then the two of them grabbed John Lee by the arms and carried him through the door into the west stairwell behind Donald and the blonde. The other man in a suit followed them, leaving Rashad in the hallway.

In the science lab-
"I love watching you at work, Stephanie," said Adam. "You look like you're really enjoying it, and you sure know your stuff. You're better at this than I am."

"Thanks," said Stephanie with a smile. "I do enjoy it. This is why I've been learning all my life, why I love science. Everything has been to prepare me for today. I just never knew it."

"It's great how science is able to save the world," said Elijah. "I never imagined I'd be able to help."

"Neither did I. But in spite of everything that's happened, I feel more alive than I ever have."

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Chester and Michiko came down the stairs. "Well, that is true," he said, holding open the door to the hall for her. "You'll find someone, don't you worry. And I have a feeling that nobody's going to be getting fat in the near future."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Jerry
-What is hapening here?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the west hall, ground floor-
Rashad saw Becky, Alvin, and Murray in the distance entering the east hall from the cafeteria.

In the lobby-
Jerry saw Rashad turn to face him in the west hall. "No idea really," Rashad said. "A couple of Feds took, uh, John Lee into custody. He had some CDs on him that they said was evidence. I don't know why or what he did..." He also saw Becky, Alvin, and Murray enter the east hall from the cafeteria and Chester Johnson and Michiko Watanabe enter the north hall from the stairwell.

In the east hall, ground floor-
Becky led Alvin and Murray out of the cafeteria and into the hallway, where they saw Jerry Law in the lobby and Rashad Sadiq in the west hall beyond it.

In the science lab-
Stephanie and Elijah continued working.

In the north hall, ground floor-
Chester and Michiko entered the north hall. They could see Jerry Law ahead in the lobby.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Jerry
-Oh? Well, then could you also help us to get a group of juvenile who killed a men in cold blood?

Michiko
- Do you have any news about your family? And your girlfriend?

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”