IC-OMAHA-Detention(Alvin/Johns/Gretchen/Ed/Rashad/etc.)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Detention(Alvin/Johns/Gretchen/Ed/Rashad/etc.)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the west hall, ground floor-
Rashad, for whatever reason, didn't respond to Jerry. He saw everyone else converge on the lobby.

In the east hall, ground floor-
Becky led Alvin and Murray into the lobby.

In the science lab-
Adam looked on while Stephanie and Elijah continued to assemble the device.

In the north hall, ground floor-
"I don't know what's happened to my family," said Chester to Michiko. "My parents moved to Florida some years back. I've got a few cousins in town, but I haven't had a chance to check up on them today. As for a girlfriend, well...I don't have one right now. Guess I'm always too wrapped up in my work. Liz Somerville, the CDC scientist, seems to be able to get her work done and still find time to enjoy life. Maybe I could learn a thing or two from her. Now she'd make a wonderful girlfriend. She has both brains and beauty, and she's a very nice person. She's a good deal younger than me, however, and it's likely she's already seeing someone. Still, with everything that's happened today, maybe I do have a chance with her. At the very least, I can ask her to dance tonight at that dance she's organizing." He led the way into the lobby.

In the lobby-
Chester and Becky nodded to Jerry as they led their respective groups into the lobby. "How's it going?" asked Chester.

Becky turned to the open doorway leading into the security office. "Hey, Megan!" she shouted. She often spoke with her voice raised, but this was louder than normal for her. "How'd you like to work on fixing the bus? They could use some more help, and I can take over guarding Kyle for you."

Megan entered the lobby. "You've got yourself a deal, Becky," she said with a grin.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad moves into the lobby and to talk to Jerry. What do you mean? What exactly happened?
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin looked around trying to figure out what was going on. He petted Murry quietly
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the science lab-
The EMP device was starting to take form as Stephanie and Elijah built it. It was now nearly a third of the way complete.

In the lobby-
Murray wagged his tail when Alvin petted him.

"He must be talking about Darnell and his gang," Megan told Rashad. "They broke into the security office earlier, murdering one of the prisoners and beating the other almost to death before the authorities broke in. Then they took a woman hostage and escaped, stealing a car in the process. We have some people trying to track them down, but they had a bloodhound with them to follow their scent. Although, they did go on foot, so it should be possible to pick up their trail if you ccould find someone who can do it. I know Amelia Delacroix used to do some hunting back in Louisiana, where she came from. Maybe she could help with that. She's in the kitchen. I'm on my way to help fix the bus. If you're good at repairs, you'd be welcome to come along." She looked at Alvin. "Is that why you came with Becky? We could use your help with the bus, too." She walked down the hall to the north.

"Well, we're on our way to get some ice cream," said Chester. "You could ask Adam, who's up in the science lab, to help with the bus - if you can pull him away from Stephanie. Come on, Michiko." He led her down the east hall.

In the security office-
Becky walked into the security office and saw Kyle locked in his cell. "I'm taking over for Megan," she said. "Just leave me alone and we'll get along fine."

"Well, I'm glad you've got a shotgun," said Kyle. "As long as you don't shoot me, that is."

"Don't tempt me. This is the gun you brought in, by the way."

"Look, I could help fix the bus. I'm good in shop class."

"Forget it," said Becky. "I'm not letting you out."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the science lab-
"This is coming along nicely," said Stephanie. "A little more than half an hour, and we'll have it completed."

In the lobby-
Megan led Alvin and Murray down the north hall, leaving Jerry and Rashad in the lobby.

Megan pushed open the door to the stairwell and held it for Alvin and Murray.

Chester led Michiko into the cafeteria.
OOC,[b]Chester[/b] and [b]Michiko[/b] are moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point, and do not read any posts in the new thread above the one in the link (well, for [b]Chester[/b], if he ever gets a player. [b]MIchiko[/b]'s player still has a character in this thread). All other players remain in the current thread.
Suppertime

In the security office-
"I'm serious," said Kyle. "I can really help out if you give me a chance. You can keep an eye on me out there just as easily, and you've got the shotgun to make sure I don't split."

"Just shut up!" snarled Becky, sitting down in the chair. It creaked under her weight.

Southwest of the school-
Donald returned to the school and arrived at the hole in the fence that he had used to leave the school grounds.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad quickly follows Megan.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald looked to see how feasible it was to repair the hole in the fence... but then realized that there were probably numerous holes in the fence needing attending. Better to get back to the work on the bus instead, he thought... shifting priorities quickly. He continued to walk towards where the others were probably still working diligently on engine repairs.
Handy,Did I manage to overhear them talking about not having a vehicle before I left the feds outside?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Donald Woodridge,Yes, you heard that as you walked away.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Jerry try to find the FBI.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the science lab-
"You're a lot better at this stuff than I am, Stephanie," said Adam. "It took me hours to build the first one."

"Don't sell yourself short," said Stephanie. "You did a fine job on that one. Besides, you made that one all by yourself. I've got help." She grinned at Elijah.

In the lobby-
Rashad headed off down the north hall, while Jerry headed west, the direction that the FBI agents had taken.

Jerry approached the door to the west stairwell, from which he would be able to get outside.

Rashad moved through the hall towards the north stairwell, though Megan and the others were already in there and gone from sight.

In the security office-
Becky leaned back. Resting her shotgun on her lap, she looked through the desk drawer until she found a deck of cards. She took out the cards and began to shuffle them.

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Megan opened the back door and led Alvin and Murray outside.

Southwest of the school-
There were indeed many holes in the fence, too many to fix. Donald returned to the parking lot.
OOC,[b]Donald[/b], [b]Megan[/b], [b]Alvin[/b], and [b]Murray[/b] are moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point, and do not read any posts in the new thread above the one in the link. All other characters remain in the current thread.
Bus
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the science lab-
"I never would have even thought of using an EMP if you hadn't come up with the idea first," Adam told Stephanie. "And then you found a way to get the message to us before you even arrived. Without your help, we would have been doomed. Not just the school, the whole planet. Now we have a chance, thanks to you."

Stephanie blushed hotly. "Really, I was lucky," she said.

"Maybe, but you were brilliant, too. Don't you sell yourself short."

Jerry entered the west stairwell.

Rashad entered the north stairwell.

In the security office-
Becky dealt out the cards on the desk and began playing solitaire. After the EMP, the computer was fried, so she had to play it the old-fashioned way.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the science lab-
"I guess I'm just not used to all of this," said Stephanie. "I mean, I've been a science fiction fan all my life, and I've fantasized about being a hero and using my brain to save the day. I joined the EPA to do my part to save the planet, but I never thought I'd be doing it this way."

"I'm certainly impressed," said Elijah.

"Me too," said Adam, grinning. "All this, and she can shoot too. I don't like guns myself, but I'm glad you've got one, Stephanie. You're a regular Annie Oakley from what I hear."

In the west stairwell, ground floor-
Jerry opened the fire door and stepped outside.

Southwest of the school-
Jerry could see no trace of the federal agents or their prisoners from here.
OOC,[b]Jerry[/b], you may roll Track to try to determine which way they went. If that fails, you may roll Idea.
Rashad walked outside into the parking lot.
OOC,[b]Rashad[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point, and do not read any posts in the new thread above the one in the link. All other characters remain in the current thread.
Bus

In the security office-
Becky continued playing while Kyle lay down in his cell.

Chester Johnson and Michiko emerged from the cafeteria with the small tray of ice cream. Chester led the way back to the lobby. Amelia then came into the hall from the cafeteria.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Jerry:
Jerry had a very good ideaof where to look.

Michiko was already feeling a guilty pleasure with the ice cream.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Southwest of the school-
Jerry was able to find several footprints leading off across the school grounds to a hole in the fence. He was confident that he could follow them if he chose to do so.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Jerry shouts to to Michiko and Chester he will follow a trail.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the science lab-
"Well, I don't like to brag," said Stephanie. "I was surprised at how well I could shoot. I mean, I'd had training, but..."

"You always shine best when the situation is the worst," said Adam. "You have a certain grace under pressure. Today has been the worst day in history, so it's no wonder you've performed so well."

"You got to shoot a gun?" asked Elijah, interested.

"Not at anything living, thank God," said Stephanie. "Normally I'd have been busy doing other work, but I was the only one in a position to do something, and my friends' lives were in danger."

In the street-
After calling back through the fire door, Jerry Law let it close behind him and followed the footprints across the grounds and through the hole in the fence, onto the street. They led to the nearby intersection, and from there they headed off to the west.
OOC,[b]Jerry[/b], please roll Spot Hidden.
In the security office-
Becky flipped cards up from the deck, adding the ones she could use to the tableau.

In the lobby-
"He's going off by himself?" said Chester, leading Michiko down the hall to the north.

"I'd better go catch up with him," said Amelia, hustling into the lobby. "I wanted to talk to him anyway. I hope he isn't going after those punk kids all by himself."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Jerry
Jerry wasn't able to listen anything.

Michiko
-Wasn't there already a group trying to do that? What does he think he will do alone?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the science lab-
"What happened?" asked Elijah.

"We were in a motel across the road from the truck stop where our helicopter had made an emergency landing," said Stephanie. "The motel's owner, Mr. Foo, was helping me fix the laptop that we needed in order to decode the alien language and send the message. His maid Ellen and one of the guests, another scientist named Jenny, were there with us. We had to climb up to the roof because there was a whole horde of the dead on its way from the east, past the truck stop. Mr. Foo insisted that I climb the ladder first. What we didn't know was that there were about half a dozen more of those things coming at us through the tall grass to the west, and they were the faster kind. I got up to the roof just before they arrived. I started shooting with the pistol Mr. Foo had given me. Somehow I managed to take out two of them, one with a perfect single shot to the head, while Jenny made her way up the ladder and joined me. Ellen had a breakdown and wouldn't climb when it was her turn. Mr. Foo destroyed a couple more of the runners, but he and Ellen had to flee around to the other side of the motel and up to the balcony, and I couldn't get a shot lined up after that."

In the street-
Jerry walked a block to the west as the sun began to get very low in the sky. He came across an RV that was stopped in the middle of the street. As he moved past it, he caught sight of something else.
OOC,[b]Jerry[/b], I needed a Spot Hidden roll, not a Listen roll, so you succeeded. That may or may not be a good thing. You are moving to the thread linked below. Do not read any posts in the new thread above the one in the link. All other characters remain in the current thread.
Person of Interest

In the security office-
Becky continued her game of solitaire.

In the lobby-
Amelia hurried off to the west.

"Hopefully Amelia will catch up with him," said Chester. "I don't know what he thinks he can do. Officer Wheeler and the others went after them a while ago, but they haven't come back. If they couldn't handle it, I don't see how Jerry can. Maybe he just wants to find their location and report back, but he really should bring more people with him. The problem is that we've already sent a lot of our people who can fight well in the first group, and we need the others for defense." He entered the stairwell and held the door open for Michiko. As he did, Megan, Declan, and Lucy walked past them into the hall.

"Hi," said Declan. "We're on our way to get some sheet metal and welding tools. Donald wants to turn the bus into a tank, I think. They're busy fixing the bus so that it will run now, but this way they'll have the materials ready when they finish. It won't be too much longer, now that Donald's back and Alvin is helping."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the science lab-
"Then what happened?" asked Elijah, fascinated.

"Jenny and I pulled the ladder up, and Mr. Foo and Ellen holed up in a motel room and held off the ones I couldn't get. Meanwhile the truck stop had been under attack by a gang of vicious skinheads. They'd come to find their leader, who was murdered at the truck stop and was the first reanimated corpse there. Dr. Hausmann had tried to save him, and that's how her arm got broken. Luckily, she wasn't bitten. The skinheads' second in command had a satchel charge and threatened to blow up the helicopter if they didn't deliver him. They had to tell him that he had been killed, which didn't please them. As they started to retreat, they planted the bomb near the diner instead. Before he tried to head for the roof, Mr. Foo had gunned down their new leader, who was holding the detonator. Somehow it still went off later. The truck stop had already been overrun by the dead, and the survivors had taken refuge on the roof. The building was blown out, but it didn't collapse. Luckily, the pumps didn't explode and most of the zombies had been inside and were caught in the blast. Even so, a lot of good people were killed. A few of the remaining corpses was heading over to the motel, but I managed to take two of them out with perfect shots again. Mr. Foo took care of the last one. Then the Air Force helicopters arrived, right after the battle was over. At first I thought the cavalry was there, even if it was a little late. How wrong I was."

In the security office-
Becky lost the game. Frustrated, she gathered up the cards and shuffled them again.

Amelia entered the stairwell.

Declan led Lucy and Megan into his shop classroom.

Chester and Michiko headed upstairs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the science lab-
"They didn't help?" asked Elijah.

"They helped themselves," said Stephanie. "They took over the motel and booted us out. They confiscated the helicopter, even though we needed it to get here and save the world. We were lucky we managed to reach it and get away while they were distracted."

In the security office-
Becky dealt out the cards once more.

In the west stairwell, ground floor-
Amelia stepped outside. She heard nothing unusual.

In the shop classroom-
The room was dark and windowless, but Declan knew his way around it even so. He helped Lucy and Megan gather all the materials they would need.

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
Chester entered the upstairs hallway and held the door open for Michiko.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”