IC-OMAHA-Law and Order(John Lake/Gretchen/Jack Brunner)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Law and Order(John Lake/Gretchen/Jack Brunner)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the street-
Gretchen saw all there was to see with her keen eyesight, which often served her well in her job. "There's a middle-aged woman on the roof of the school, waving at us!" she said, waving back. "She's in her mid-fifties and wearing a lab coat. Must be one of the scientists. And there's some kind of device up there with her." She glanced back to the west. "We've got more company, John!" she called into the RV, then turned to face the new arrivals.

A man and a woman in black suits and ties approached down the street from the west. Both of them wore sunglasses and had pistols in belt holsters. They both appeared to be about thirty years old. The man had short, straight black hair, while the woman had red shoulder-length hair in ringlets. She stepped forward first and took out a badge from her suit jacket's inside pocket, showing it to Gretchen and Jack. "I'm Special Agent Ann O'Neill from the FBI, and this is Special Agent Miles Graham."

"Detective Gretchen Ehrlich," said Gretchen, displaying her own badge, "Omaha Police Department. I'm with another federal agent, John Lake from the DEA. He's inside the vehicle."

In the RV-
John Lake,[b]John[/b] found the toolkit that [b]Jack[/b] had told him about. He tried the door at the back, which was not locked. It opened to reveal a scene of horrific carnage in the rear bedroom. The bodies of a woman and five children, one of them a baby, lay on and around the bed. All of them had been shot in the head from close range. The two biggest children also had bullet wounds in their torsos. [spoiler][b]John[/b], roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d3.[/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Steerpike »

he is appalled and deeply saddened by the sight of Brunner's family. He quietly closes the door and notices that his hands are shaking. He waits a few moments to gather is composure before heading out...remembering to grab the tool kit. Once he is outside he is surprised to see the new comers, he puts down the tool box and shows his ID.

"John Lake, DEA. Don't recall seeing you at the precinct house What brings you here?"
pfarland
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Post by pfarland »

Finally Jack speaks up, "Sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier, I'm Jack Brunner. I'm not an officer, just a farmer caught up in all this."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the street-
"We're from the Cheyenne field office," said Ann, displaying her identification to John. It looked like every other FBI ID he had ever seen. "We just got into town not too long ago and our car stopped working, so we're hoofing it. Nice to meet you."

"We're investigating a murder that took place in Cheyenne recently," said Miles. "We're looking for a person of interest named John Lee, and we have reason to believe he's in Omaha. He's a Chinese-American in his late teens, average height and build." He took a small photo out of his wallet and showed it to John, Gretchen, and Jack. It did not look familiar to any of them. "Have you seen him?"

"Sorry," said Gretchen, shaking her head.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Steerpike »

"Sorry can't help you...we're about to check out the school. You may as well tag along...you might be more lucky"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the street-
"Yes, we'll do that," said Ann. Miles put the photo away, and both of them walked east down the road with John, Gretchen, and Jack.

After a minute or so, they got close to the perimeter chain link fence surrounding the school. There were various holes in the fence here and there that looked like they had been ripped in it. On the roof of the two story building, everyone could now see the woman in her mid-fifties. She waved to the new arrivals. "I'm Dr. Helene Saunders," she called down to them. "Welcome to Brooks High School. There are a bunch of us still alive here."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Steerpike »

John scans the area looking for signs of the walking deadand then shouts up to the woman on the roof

"How many are you, what's the situation like in the building...is it safe for you to come to us?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the street-
John saw nothing of note nearby.

"There's a few dozen of us," answered Dr. Saunders. "Most of the others are in the cafeteria eating dinner. We had a lot of trouble here earlier, but things are calmer now. I'm glad you're here. I can't come down to you, unfortunately. Can't leave my post. But you can come on in." She looked over the north side of the roof. "There's some folks coming out the back door now, You should enter that way." She called down. "We have some visitors! They look friendly!"

A man with Middle Eastern features came onto the roof from an access door, carrying a tray.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the street-
"Come on, let's get inside," said Ann. She and Miles walked through a hole that had been ripped in the fence, stepping over numerous dead bodies. Some had been shot in the head, but others showed no apparent signs of injury.

"Sounds good to me," said Gretchen. She led John and Jack after them through the hole.

West of the school-
The small group made its way past a baseball diamond over a well-manicured lawn. The school building rose above them to the east. On the roof, the man with the tray gave something to Dr. Saunders and spoke to her. Everyone would have to go around the northwest corner to reach the rear of the building.
OOC,Everyone, roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
pfarland
Layman
Layman

Post by pfarland »

As Jack followed behind Gretchen and John, he wondered at the fact a school had survived the recent events. Then he heard something.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jack Brunner,[b]Jack[/b] heard the man on the roof speaking with [b]Dr. Saunders[/b]. "Here's you dinner, Doctor," he said. "Thank you, [b]Tariq[/b]," she answered. "If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you about this EMP device. I'm curious about it." "What did you want to know?" He could also hear people around the corner, on the north side of the school.
West of the school-
A man's voice came from around the corner, on the north side of the school: "Advance and be recognized or I will shoot!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
pfarland
Layman
Layman

Post by pfarland »

Jack got a very thoughtfull look on his face and was ovbiously deep in thought. The look progressed into a puzzled one as he mulled over what he heard, but just couldn't figure it out. He then stepped around the corner and introduced himself to the sentry. "Name's Jack Brunner, I'm here with Agents Lake, O'Niell, and Graham and Detective Ehrich. We're human and friendly."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Actually, in this case I'll allow a Know roll to be aware of what an EMP is and what it can do, so you succeed. Everyone is moving to the thread linked below. Please do not read any posts above the one in the link.
Bus
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”