IC-OMAHA-The Searchers(Ron/Miguel/LaTanya/Emilio/Kate/Doug)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-The Searchers(Ron/Miguel/LaTanya/Emily/Emilio/Kate)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Changing tactics, Emilio lifts Kate up and hurries north. He checks for any walkers on the street, and cuts across the street to take the next street west. The plan is to head south on the next parallel.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

East of the warehouse-
Ron heard Darnell reply: "Coach Moore, why did you try to attack us when all we want is to lead like you all taught us to do on the football team?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

"Shit, Darnell" Ron said "I was coming here to try and prevent all of this..... nonsense. When I heard they were coming to look for that young lady, I tried to get here before them and talk to you to prevent all this shit from happening. Looks like I was too late."

"This isn't leading, Darnell. Kidnapping that woman was not the character of the young men I raised on that field."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

East of the warehouse-
Darnell and a Jamaican man appeared at the mouth of the alley, at the southern end. Darnell pointed his pistol at Ron, and the Jamaican trained a shotgun at him. "I did not want to kidnap her," said Darnell, "but you all want to put me in jail for killing someone who had to face justice, I was God's hands in that deal and He protects me. Now who is going to protect you?" Darnell spoke to the Jamican, "Looks like we got another hostage, one that we can use to get the others back here. Down on your knees hands behind your head, sir."
OOC,[b]Ron[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Tables Turned

In the street-
Emilio scooped up Kate in his arms and carried her north to the end of the block, where there was another four-way intersection. The streets looked deserted, littered with parked and wrecked cars, the occasional dead body, and various debris. The way to the west was clear.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio continues west hoping to find a way south at the next intersection. The police officer starts to wear him down, though. Just a bit more..., he pants.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the street-
Emilio carried Kate west for a block before he reached another four-way intersection where he could turn south. So far his back was holding up, but the school was over a mile away. Still, he was young and strong and should be able to make it. It wouldn't be pleasant, though.

"Thanks for getting me out of there," said Kate weakly. In addition to having a broken leg, she had lost a good deal of blood. "Where are we going?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

He puts her down and lets her rest against the wall of the building. At the same time giving himself time to breath. "I´m figguring we´d better make it back to school by taking the long way. That way we won´t be cut off by the Jamaicans. We wouldn´t want that, right?" He says that in a hushed voice not to give their position away.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio helps Kate to her feet and gives up the task of carrying her and lets her use his shoulder as support for her bad foot. This way they both can have one hand free to shoot anyone or anything coming up on them. They start off southwards.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the street-
Setting Kate down and having her lean on him slowed down Emilio, and it was taking him much longer to walk south. Further, he would need both hands free if he were to fire the shotgun.

"Yeah," said Kate, gritting her teeth due to the pain. "The doctors there can look after me. I'm just sorry we couldn't save Erica. Maybe whoever tries next will have better luck - if they're even still there. I can't help thinking about what's going to happen to her now. It would have happened to me too if we hadn't gotten away. I don't know who's going to be able to anything, though. As far as I know, I'm the last cop in the city now." She took a breath. "Miguel was really an undercover police detective. I didn't know it myself until the principal told me earlier this evening. And now he's gone, just gunned down..."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I see. But I guess everyone counts at the current state of things. They took what they wanted. Killed my boss and kidnapped that pilot. I don´t know what those guys have going. Are they gang members, or what? When we get back, we´ll stay at the school and hope the ones who don´t want to live with those killers, come back. If we can muster a larger crew to break Erica out, we´ll do it. But as I see it, we´d better stay at school. Which we´d probably should from start. It was my loud mouth and my affection for my car and all shit with the Lubacheks going on that clouded my judgement. I´m much better fixing a generator than getting a hostage out. You´ve seen that first hand. Now let´s get our asses home." He supports Kate and adds, "We do need to keep a ceremony for the lives lost today, do you know who would be suited to boost morale now that Principal Adler is still at the lions´den?"

Shit, not only didn´t I help anyone get rescued, I wound up getting Emily and a girl killed. An undercover detective lewn away and the Principal left behind. What a disaster!
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Principal Adler[/b] is fine as far as you know. He hasn't been taken hostage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

ooc:
Spoiler:
Edited to suit Emilio´s knowledge.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The two hobble on south, as Emilio really can´t see himself being of any more use out here any longer. He keeps quiet for the rest of the ordeal.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the street-
Emilio and Kate reached the next intersection. They were now about a block west of the warehouse and a mile north of the school.

"Principal Adler is still back at the school," said Kate. "He's done a fine job of leading us so far, and he'll continue to do so. You're right, we do need to stay at the school until we can muster enough force to free Erica. I won't be going with them, not with my busted leg. I can't bear thinking about what they're going to do to Erica in the meantime, though. That could have been me..."
OOC,I think you got the principal confused with [b]Ron Moore[/b], who stayed back at the warehouse. [b]Principal Adler[/b] never left the school. It will take twenty minutes to reach the school while walking. If you carry [b]Kate[/b], you can reduce that to ten minutes. There are time-sensitive things happening in other threads in Omaha, but I hope I can speed things up once they are resolved.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

ooc:
Spoiler:
That´s correct, I meamnt Ron.
"Ahhum. I mean Ron. Let´s get back to school, safe and one step at the time. We don´t want to trip, do we?" Emilio will try to get back to school by moving at a controlled pace rather than carry Kate and risk dropping her or falling over. This way they´ll have a chance to spot anyone trying to ambush them.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the street-
Kate grunted and nodded, still in obvious pain from her wound, but she continued slowly. "It'll get dark before long," said Kate. "Maybe that will work to the advantage of whoever tries after us. But who will that be? Who's left that can go? There's Rachel Cohen, but she's there to protect the scientists, not to go on the offense."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Hey, I don´t know. Maybe we´ll just have to wait. Let´s get to the school." Emilio continues onwards helping Kate the best he can without carrying her.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the street-
Emilio and Kate reached the next intersection. They were now nine blocks north of the school. "I just hope nothing bad happens to Erica in the meantime," Kate said.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

As it starts to get darker, Emilio considers the option to look for a car that would start. An old model being parked on the sidewalk. That would get them back faster. And he´d be able to hotwire it, at least he thinks so.
"Let´s see if we can find a classic and get some speed, this sucks."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], please roll Luck at 1/5, which gives you an 11% chance. Classic cars aren't all that common.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”