IC-OMAHA-The Searchers(Ron/Miguel/LaTanya/Emilio/Kate/Doug)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Re: IC-OMAHA-The Searchers(Ron/Miguel/LaTanya/Emily/Emilio/Kate)

Post by ryansommer »

"..... she's gone.....blasted to bits...." Ron mumbled at the back of the store.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Behind the warehouse-
Ron continued to stand stock still.
Ron Moore,You have two more rounds of temporary insanity, including this one. Note that you couldn't actually see inside from your position, so you didn't see [b]LaTanya[/b] get shredded. A good thing too, since that means nobody in the warehouse has seen you either. Really you shouldn't even be able to talk while you're catatonic, but I'll let it slide.
Outside the warehouse-
Emilio stumbled out and saw Kate slumped against the wall next to the door, her face pale and stricken. "Why?" she groaned. She looked up at Emilio and handed her shotgun to him. "Here, I've still got my Glock." She tore away her uniform's pants leg and began treating herself. The bullet had thankfully deflected after breaking her leg, but the wound was pretty bad, and she couldn't do much besides stopping the bleeding.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

He accepts the shotgun and steps away from the busted door. Making sure he´s out of line of fire from the inside. "We had to go in, right? This was not how it was meant to go... My plan to scare them didn´t work out." He backs a few steps further, clearly struck by the events in the corridor. How come I´m alive and not Migue and LaTanyal?

He decides that the other side had had intent to shoot any intruders anyway and assumes a position to get a shot at anyone trying to walk out of the storage area. "Are you good enough to move? Should we get Ron and the others back to the school? We can´t do much here now... " "I´m sorry I messed up, Kate."

He shifts his weight from left to right, not wanting to stand still. The chock was still affecting him.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Handy,Sorry about the mumbling. I was just trying to RP him being incoherant and trying to post something. I will just have him stand there.
Ron continues to stand and stare as if he were a statue.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Behind the warehouse-
Ron remained frozen in place. From inside the warehouse, he could hear Keith Stewart shout: "Hey! Don't shoot, I'm unarmed."

A moment later, Darnell called: "He is lying he has a bomb strapped to him. Shoot him down. Kill him!"
Ron Moore,This is the last round of your temporary insanity.
Outside the warehouse-
"My leg's broken," said Kate weakly. "We should find Ron and get back to the school, but I can't go anywhere by myself. Going in there with guns blazing was a mistake., but you couldn't have known any better. I should have."

Then the two of them heard Keith and Darnell's shouts from inside the warehouse.
OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], if you want to carry [b]Kate[/b] anywhere, you'll need to make a roll on the Resistance Table pitting your STR of 11 against her SIZ of 11, giving you a 50% chance. If you fail, you will go nowhere this round.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Here, get ready." he says to Kate while he helps her get to a foot. He uses his shoulder as support for her arm on the bad side. He keeps the shotgun in the arm he holds behind the officer, giving him a chance to shoot at anyone following them.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Are you going back inside? That's what the note on your roll seems to imply. If not, which way are you heading?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OOC:
Spoiler:
Ron, Ron - not Keith, :D So, trying to not get shot at again. All those names.... Cheers!
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

East of the warehouse-
Emilio helped Kate into the alley that ran between the two warehouses, heading towards the back where Ron waited. She groaned in pain, but she managed to keep moving. There was no way that Emilio would be able to both hold onto her and fire the shotgun at the same time, so he'd have to let her go if it came to that.

Behind the warehouse-
Ron could hear Darnell shouting from inside the warehouse, closer now: "Shoot him he said he would escape and lead the police here telling them about your drugs and hideout and gang!"

"What the-- " said Keith from inside the warehouse. "Lou, Damon, holy shit! What a mess. Put those guns down--look, I'm unarmed. Do you two need help?"

"This asshole here punched me and told me that he was going to run to the police and bring them back here to have you all arrested. He told me that he was a snitch for the police because of drug convictions. So I think we should put him in handcuffs and lock him in a room."

"Nobody kills anyone without my permission," said Damon's voice from within the building. "We got enough trouble without killing each other. Maybe Keith was trying to escape - it wouldn't surprise me. I can't imagine he'd admit to being a narc if he was one, though, and I don't see any bomb. You don't look hurt either. If he was going to warn the cops, he's too late - they already know we're here. That lady cop from the school was part of that raid. She got away with one guy out the front door, but she won't get far. I shot her in the leg and broke it. If you want to make yourselves useful, we've got two choices. You can try to stop them from escaping and telling anyone else what we've got here. Try to take the cop alive if you can. We can make her tell us who else knows about this place so we know whether it's safe to stay here. Otherwise, we're going to have to evacuate in the vehicles, 'cause we won't be able to stay here. You'd have to go back down and tell the others to all come up. Keith, you're not going outside unless Darnell goes with you, but you can go back downstairs."

Ron finally came to his senses.
OOC,[b]Ron[/b], you may act freely now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Hang on, Kate.", Emilio whispers to himself and the police officer as he drags her helpfully away from danger.
TVblog

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

It was gut check time for Ron. He could not let anymore people get hurt. He had to let Kate and Emili escape.

Turning towards the others he motioned for them to flee. He mouthed the words "Go! Go! Run!" To them as they approached. Ron step his weapons on the groung and waited by the door for Emilio and KAte to flee.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Behind the warehouse-
"Okay, Damon," Ron heard Keith say from within the warehouse. "You gotta get that cop--dead or alive."

"I do not trust you Keith," said Darnell. "If you go anywhere with me I am going with you and if you make one false move you will get shot. So where do you wish to go?"

"For God's sake, Darnell, take it easy with that pistol--I ain't runnin' away. Anyways, Damon said I have to stay put, but you feel free to chase after that cop."

"I will go with you if someone makes sure that Keith goes back downstairs. Afterwards we will talk about you killing my girl and the father of my baby, I know she came at you so it's her fault but we will talk understand?"

"I'm not going anywhere with my leg like this, mon," said Damon Marley. "Yeah, we'll talk later. I'll make sure Keith goes downstairs. Lou, you go with Darnell." Two sets of footsteps receded, heading for the front of the warehouse. "Keith, go back down and send Wesley up to look at my leg."

East of the warehouse-
Emilio and Kate stopped just at the back of the alleyway when Ron gave his silent warning. They were close enough that they could hear the conversation inside the warehouse, though.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Handy:
Spoiler:
So, are Kate, Emilio and Ron at an L-junction, which ends in the back entrance of the storage? A dead end, as well? That´s what an alley is, right? That means they´ll, minus Ron, should they decide to leave him, will have to backtrack out on the main street. Then hopefully evade anyone coming out the front of the storage. OR, is there a way away from the alley from where they stand, like to the left?

I´m troubled by Emilio´s state of mind, right now. He´ll wan´t to get Kate out of this mess, he´s created. But, he doesn´t want to leave Ron to a certain death, either. Considering this, he´ll hesitate and then take Ron´s advice and make a run for it with Kate hobbling beside him.
Taking the best way out of this death-trap, Emilio takes Kate out of harms way, heading for the school again, to get help. What to say about this mess, has to be put up as earnest as possible. The fault was on his head. He´d barged in there, all amped up on adrenaline. To what a cost?

He nods at Ron and scutters away with Kate. This feels bad, but it beats resting in a pool of blood and gore.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The alley is not a dead end. There are actually two alleys forming a T-intersection here. The one you just came up runs between the two warehouses to the north and south. The other one runs behind them on the north side. There is a north-south street a short distance to the west that is accessible from the alley. At the eastern end, a much longer distance away, is another street running north and south. The school is about a mile to the south. Please let me know which way you're going.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The two cripples 'swiftly' take the left turn and trie to get to the closest north-south street. The goal is to turn directly north, as this would be unexpected to any pursuers. The idea is to survive as long as possible, not to get to the school as quickly as possible.
TVblog

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Handy,It sounds like they are not coming after anyone at this point. Is the M4 that was dropped within sight of the back door of the warehouse?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Well, you did hear two people head for the front of the warehouse, but you're behind it. Unfortunately, [b]LaTanya[/b] took the M4 inside the warehouse with her, so you'd have to go in if you wanted to get it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Hearing Darnell head to the front of the warehouse, Ron turns and walks through the alley towards the front of the warehouse.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

East of the warehouse-
Ron made his way back down the alley towards the front of the warehouse. As he got closer, he heard voices coming from just outside the warehouse's front door.

"I cannot see anything," said Darnell. "You have a clue?"

"No idea, mon," said a Jamaican man, probably Lou. "Your guess is as good as mine." There was a pause. "We're not going to find them standing around out here. Just pick a direction and we'll start looking."

In the street-
Emilio helped Kate to the western exit from the alleyway, but it was slow going. If they were going to make anything approaching decent time, he would have to carry her. They reached the street, which stretched out into the distance to the north and south.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Ron knew he had to do what he could to save Kate. He couldn't save the others, but maybe he could save Kate and Emilio.

"Darnell?' Ron said calling out towards the front of the warehouse. "Darnell, is that you?"

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”