IC-OMAHA-The Searchers(Ron/Miguel/LaTanya/Emilio/Kate/Doug)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-OMAHA-The Searchers(Ron/Miguel/LaTanya/Emilio/Kate/Doug)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 6:10 PM Central Time - Warehouse, Omaha, Nebraska
Outside the warehouse-
Tiny's unerring nose had led the small group inexorably north. Finally, about a mile from the school, he had brought them to a warehouse that looked much like the others in this commercial district. There were two closed garage bay doors in front, with a normal door just beside them. It was still light out, but the sun was getting low in the sky. Less than an hour of daylight remained. Tiny pointed at the building with one paw and barked.

"Guess this is the place," said Miguel.

"You think Darnell came to this dump?" asked LaTanya.

"Tiny's sense of smell is never wrong," said Emily. "If he's with those Marley scumbags, he's in there."

"Okay," said Kate. "We need to come up with a plan. Remember that if we are right about Darnell and his gang falling in with this crowd that they've still got Erica hostage." She looked at Ron and Emilio. "What do you think we should do?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-The Searchers(Ron/Miguel/LaTanya/Emily/Emilio/Kate)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio knows that the best tactics under normal circumstances would be to negotiate. The situation being as it is, gives room for other avenues. "OK, they got my wheels. I can talk them into handing it back. Then I may see what we´re facing." He lifts his shotgun and adds, "If they start shooting, come after and get me out of there. "
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: What kind of weapons does everyone have? Do cellphones work? Does Ron have one? Does he have Darnell's number?

"If I can speak to Darnell alone, I could probably get him to listen to reason. Getting him alone or at least away from the gang bangers will be difficult, though." Ron says.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The Locations and Weapons list shows which weapons each of the characters have. [b]Ron[/b] has a bow, a .45 automatic, and a saber. [b]Miguel[/b] has a Glock 9mm. [b]LaTanya[/b] has a foil. [b]Emily[/b] has a .38 revolver, an M4 carbine, and a big axe. [b]Tiny[/b] has sharp, pointy teeth. [b]Emilio[/b] has a shotgun and a baseball bat. [b]Kate[/b] has a Glock 9mm, a baton, a shotgun, [b]Doug[/b]'s 9mm automatic, [b]Chuck[/b]'s .357 revolver, and pepper spray. Cell phones most definitely do not work at all. You can have one if you want, but it's completely useless. The power does not go on if you try.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Handy,thanks.
"I agree that negotiating is probably the best best" Ron says. "What could they possibly want that we can trade Erika for?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

In a whispered voice, Emilio comments, "Yeah, I can play the crazed mechanic who REALLY wants his ride back and has his boss secret room key. There could be all kind of goodies to trade with. That our motive is to free the girls, should be easy to not mention." He takes a step closer and adds, "I can say I followed the trail of that oil leakage from the crash outside school... Barging in there asking for my wheels might not get me shot at once. Asking for them to free the girls would, for sure."

He watches his boss and says, "We take care of the guy who wasted Chuck when we got the others out of there, right?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the warehouse-
"Damn straight!" said Emily, gripping her M4.

"Hold on a minute," said Kate. "Nobody's 'taking care' of anyone if we can arrest them peacefully. That's what happened to your son, ma'am. This plan of someone going in alone sounds dangerous. And what happens if they simply deny having the car or anyone from the school besides Lisa? What will you do then? I could try knocking on the door myself, but they don't have to let me in without a warrant. You're right that negotiating is our best bet, but we need to be careful how we go about it. Whatever you decide, I'll be here to back you up." She positioned herself against the wall to one side of the door, holding her shotgun. "Anyone who's not going to try to communicate with them, stay out of sight." Miguel leaned on the wall on the other side of door, his pistol drawn. LaTanya, Emily, and Tiny waited just around the corner from the door, completely hidden from view.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Ron moves out of sight as well. As he did, the surveyed the building, looking for other enterences such a fire escapes or windows that looked into the building.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the warehouse-
Kate waited for Emilio to make a decision or take some action, but he remained silent. "All right, I'll knock on the door," said Kate finally. "I'll keep this official. You stand where I was and stay out of sight." She stepped in front of the door, held her badge in one hand, and knocked.

Shortly afterwads, the door was opened from the inside. Two black men with dreadlocks, both of them armed, were on the other side. "What you want?" asked one of them.

"Sir, I'm Officer Kate Wheeler of the Omaha Police Department," she said. "We're doing a check on the neighborhood, looking for survivors and helping out however we can."

"We don't need no help. We're fine here."

East of the warehouse-
Ron joined the others around the corner, in a narrow alleyway between two warehouses. The one in question was on the left, and there were no windows on this side of the building. The alley continued, giving access to the warehouse's rear.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio stays close to the wall next to the door and waits for the house call to come to a close.
TVblog

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Ron continued down the alley so he could peek around the corner and get a look at the back of the warehouse.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the warehouse-
"How many survivors are in this building, sir?" asked Kate. "We're conducting a count. Is it just the two of you, or are there more?"

The men frowned at her. "That's none of your business," said the one who had been speaking. "We don't want no po-lice here. Go away!" He slammed the door in her face, and the click of the lock engaging followed.

"Well, that went well," said Kate.

Behind the warehouse-
Emily, Tiny, and LaTanya followed Ron through the alley. It led to another alley that went behind the warehouses in either direction. There were no windows on this side of the warehouse that Tiny had led them to either, but there was a back door. It didn't look as strong as the front door did, but it was still fairly sturdy. If it came to it, it would take some effort for Ron to break it down by himself, but if Emily helped him it would be no problem. However, doing so would make a lot of noise and alert anyone inside to what was happening.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio smiles at Kat and waves for her to stand behind him. He readies the shotgun and knocks on the door forcefully, stepping to the side of the door - aiming the shotgun at the opening.
TVblog

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Ron moves back to the side alley. "Well," he whispers to the others, "If it comes down to it, we can smash in the door here."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the warehouse-
Emilio's loud knocking echoed. He waited, but there was no response.

"What now?" asked Kate.
OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], roll Listen.
Behind the warehouse-
Emily remained in the alley behind the warehouse with Tiny and glared at the door. "What the hell are we waiting for?" she asked. "Girl, hold Tiny's leash. I want both hands free for the M4."

"Maybe we shouldn't just break in the door," said LaTanya. "Give the folks at the front a chance. People could get killed."

"That's the idea..."

East of the warehouse-
Ron heard the women talking from around the corner, in the alley running along the side of the warehouse.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

He hears something from inside.

"Not caring to open again?"
Emilio whispers.

"Then we´ve got to open it ourselves..." He puts the muzzle of the shotgun at the lock and fires. The shotgun makes a roaring sound and Emilio reloads. "Now, we can try the door again."
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], please roll 4d6 for damage to the door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Damage and listen
Spoiler:
OOC: Edited the above post to contain the listen check.

Damage: 10 :(
TVblog

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Shit!" Ron says under his breath. "Looks like it's go time......" he continued to mutter under his breath.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Is [b]Ron[/b] staying where he is, in the alley between the warehouses? There are no doors or windows on this side. If you're exiting the alley, please let me know whether you're going to the front or back of the warehouse.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”