IC-OMAHA-The Searchers(Ron/Miguel/LaTanya/Emilio/Kate/Doug)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-The Searchers(Ron/Miguel/LaTanya/Emily/Emilio/Kate)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Feeling lucky?" Emilio taunts and walks a step closer to the car.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the street-
The Jamaican with the shotgun howled in pain, but he didn't go down and even managed to barely stay on his feet after taking such a nasty hit to his leg. He returned fire, peppering Emilio with buckshot in the gut. Emilio managed to withstand the wounding too, but he was on his last legs. Another hit like that would drop him for sure, and probably kill him.

"At this range I'll be lucky to hit the van at all," said Kate, who couldn't even see the driver through the tinted windscreen. She opened fire as the VW did indeed start moving closer. Her first two shots went wide, but the third struck the vehicle, pinging off the fender. The bus was already swerving, and the shot distracted the driver even more. It began to fishtail badly and skid. Emilio was no longer in danger of being run over, as the vehicle was far off course, but there was still an angry, wounded Jamaican with a shotgun trying to take him down.
OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], it's your turn to act again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Whatever Emilio did now would result in a blast from the Jamaican... He shoots another shell at the man far away. Hi misses. The wound in his stomach had taken the edge off of his aim.

Roll:
Spoiler:
1/03/2011, 13:57

Just using the die roller for another game: Montoya´s shot at the Jamaican-

40% to hit, 2d6 damage.

Tirada: 1d100
Motivo: Shotgun
Dificultad: 40-
Resultado: 84 (Fracaso)
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-OMAHA-The Searchers(Ron/Miguel/LaTanya/Emilio/Kate/Doug)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the street-
The Jamaican fired again, his second shot even more accurate than the first. The stinging pellets struck him in the face, and down he went, the shotgun falling at his side. Blood oozed from his scalp, and everything went dark.

"NO!" cried Kate. All thoughts of personal safety thrown aside, she holstered her pistol, slid to the pavement, and crawled over to where Emilio lay. "Don't you die on me!" She applied pressure to his head wound, her determination to save his life making her hands work like magic. Emilio returned to the land of the living, coughing weakly. While Kate had been busy saving his life, Doug Marley had climbed out of the VW and was pointing a Glock 17 at them. Kate raised her bloody hands. "Don't kill him!" she begged. "Please, I'll do anything you want!" She looked at Emilio with watering eyes, swallowing. "They got us. Don't try to be a hero, or they'll finish you off. As long as we're alive, there's still hope."

OOC,The shotgun only does 1d6 damage at that range, not 2d6, but you missed anyway. Lucky for you it didn't do 2d6, or you'd be dead now. As it is, you took 5 damage, taking you to -2, but [b]Kate[/b]'s critical success at First Aid gave you back 3 HP, bringing you back to 1.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Spoiler:
Ouch! Sorry about the faulty damage. HE´S ALIVE!
Emilio can feel the icky substance in his face as he tries to link "Ough! No-o hero, got it.! He winces and watches the smirking Jamaican in the clouds.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No problem. It didn't matter anyway, as that shot missed.
In the street-
Kate squeezed Emilio's hand, her palm sweating with fear.

The Jamaican with the shotgun limped forward, keeping it trained on Emilio and Kate. "I got 'em covered," he said. "Disarm them."

"Sure thing, Lou," said Doug Marley. With his pistol in one hand, he kicked the fallen shotgun and the baseball bat away from Emilio's reach. Then he removed Kate's belt with all of her weapons attached and slipped it around his own waist. "Finally got my piece back." After that, he picked up the shotgun and slung it over his shoulder. He cuffed Emilio's hands behind his back with Kate's handcuffs and patted him down, but he didn't find much. He couldn't miss the boxes of shells he carried, which he kept and placed in his backpack. When he finished, he scooped up the bat just as Lou arrived.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"What now? You not going to kill us? " Emilio asks through a daze of red colour.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the street-
"Not if you don't give us a reason to kill you," said Lou.

"Your turn next," Doug said to Kate, patting her down.

"Please, Doug," she said, "you don't have to do this. Let us go. We won't tell anyone."

"How stupid do you think I am? You held me prisoner, now see how you like it." He stopped for a second and grinned. "Take off your shirt."

"Wh-what? No-"

"I said, take it off." He pointed his pistol at Emilio. "Or your boyfriend gets it."

"Okay, okay!" Kate unbuttoned her uniform shirt and shrugged it off, revealing the Kevlar vest she was wearing underneath it.

"I knew you had a vest. Now take that off too."

Kate lowered her eyelids as she removed her vest, stripping down to her bra. She reached out for her shirt to pull it back on, but Doug shook his head. She wiped off her bloody hands on it and let it drop instead.

While Doug was searching Kate, Lou tried to haul Emilio to his feet, but he was a little too heavy. "Into the bus, mon. Back seat."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio gets to his feet and winces at the pain. He manages to get into the back seat of the vehicle.
Getting seated he buckles up. "Why are you kidnapping people, guys? That pilot, and the others? Why?"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the street-
Lou slipped the Kevlar vest over one arm and helped Doug pick up Kate. They took her inside the minibus and placed her into the back next to Emilio, where she buckled herself in too.

"I'll drive," said Lou, sliding behind the wheel and placing the vest on the empty seat beside him. "You keep an eye on them."

"Right," said Doug, sitting in the middle seat and keeping his pistol trained on the captives. "Look, we hadn't kidnapped anyone. Darnell and his friends took Erica as a hostage to keep anyone from coming after us. The rest of them joined our posse of their own free will."

"What have you done with Erica?" asked Kate.

"Don't worry, we're taking good care of her. We can't risk anyone else finding out where our hideout is. That's why we can't let any of you go."

Lou nodded as he started to turn the VW around. "It's either take you prisoner or kill you. I'd be perfectly happy killing you after you shot me, mon. The only reason I'm keeping you alive is because the pretty lady cop asked so nicely."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the street-
Lou began driving back the way they had come. As the VW rolled along, Kate bandaged Emilio's stomach wound, cannibalizing his shirt to do so. He felt a lot better when she was done. "Sorry I had to ruin your shirt," she said, "but I don't have much left in the way of clothes." She self-consciously crossed her arms over her chest, gripping her shoulders and looking nervously at Doug who still held them at gunpoint.

Soon the minibus reached the street in front of the warehouse and approached the garage doors, which were closed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"You know why I came after you guys, right? You took my car right from under my nose..." He puts his hand around Kate to give her some comfort. "Is she all right? I´m quite a mechanic and can get her patched up quite good."

He looks at the two Jamaicans. "The stuff in the Mustang, I have more at the garage... Meds, guns, provisions. If you´re looking to get away, you should have enough of that stuff. Just saying that if you let us and the pilot go we can give you that stash. Take whoever wants to join you and drive away. I bet you didn´t expect the car to be loaded with good stuff? So, there´s more where that came from. You could get to the garage from the road facing away from the school area. Then get the stuff. That is if you can convince your boss to let us and Erica go. You know you can´t stay at this place any longer."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the warehouse-
Kate pressed against Emilio, putting her own arm around him and leaning her head on his shoulder.

"No, we don't know that for sure," said Lou as one of the garage doors slowly opened. "That's something we're going to find out, but it's the boss's decision whether we stay or go. And we don't need your permission to go to Chuck's shop and take the rest of his stash. We can just go there tonight and get it. As for the Mustang, Darnell and his friends showed up driving it. I know it used to belong to Chuck, but I don't think he named you in his will. Heh, knowing him, he'd probably rather be buried in it than let anyone else have it. We got this other mechanic named Brian working on it. He's pretty good. Our wheelman Ernie was doing a good job too, until your friends wasted him. Still, maybe we can put you to work and get some use out of you. We'll see what Damon says."

The garage door finished opening. Inside was Lisa Marley, waving. Lou drove the minibus inside. The sun was very low in the sky. As they passed inside, Emilio couldn't help wondering if he'd ever see it again.

On the main floor-
Lou drove the VW in through the open garage door onto a vast warehouse floor and parked next to the red Mustang, which was sitting there with its hood up. "Out," said Doug.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio shrugs and exits the car, then waits for Kate to come out. He waits for further instructions.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
Prisoners
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”