Page 1 of 1

IC-OMAHA-Bad to the Bone(Darnell/Keith/Brian/etc.)

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:00 pm
by Mr. Handy
Z-Day - 6:10 PM Central Time - Marley Warehouse, Omaha, Nebraska
On the main floor-
Brian Stevenson had introduced himself to Damon Marley, his daughter Lisa, and Keith Stewart when they had returned. Damon had told him that he could work on the Mustang under Ernie's supervision, and the two of them had been busy working on it for almost fifteen minutes. Meanwhile, Wesley had been continuing to treat Roy's injured ribs, doing an admirable job. "It's not much, mon," said the sawbones, "but that's as good as it's gonna get. Keith, you're up next. I'll be done in a minute."

While they had been doing this, Doug had gone to fetch some food and drinks for everyone. Then he went over to a pile of clothes on the floor at the back, near the row of closed storage compartments. He took the Kevlar vest that was on top of the pile and put it on underneath his shirt. He also searched through the pile and found a pair of handcuffs and a key for them in a pouch on a belt, which he hung from his belt and put in his pocket, respectively. Darnell and Heather returned from downstairs to find the others eating dinner. They noticed the new mechanic working on the Mustang. They hadn't seen him before, and his pale skin indicated that he wasn't part of the Jamaican posse - or at least that he hadn't been until recentlly.
OOC,Everyone, please roll Listen on 1d100. The base skill is 25% if it's not listed on your character sheet. Also, [b]Brian[/b], please roll Mechanical Repair to see if you've made any progress. It will still take several hours to fully repair the car.

Re: IC-OMAHA-Bad to the Bone(Darnell/Keith/Brian/etc.)

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:33 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell kissed Heather and said, "Thanks baby, maybe we can do that again later?" He spied the others eating and said, "Hey wheres mine?"

Darnell was so busy doing this that he did not hear anything.

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:44 pm
by Tabs
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2685389/]Listen (1d100=98)[/url]
Meanwhile, Wesley had been continuing to treat Roy's injured ribs, doing an admirable job. "It's not much, mon," said the sawbones, "but that's as good as it's gonna get. Keith, you're up next. I'll be done in a minute."
"'Up next', what for?"

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:36 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
"Yeah, that would be totally cool," said Heather.

"Help yourselves," said Damon, handing out dinner.

"Look at yourself, mon," Wesley said to Keith. "You're banged up pretty bad." He finished the last of Roy's stitches. "Okay, you're all set. I wouldn't go playing football any time soon, but it'll do for now. Your turn, Keith."

"Thanks, doc," said Roy. He paused and cocked an ear. "Did anyone hear that? Sounded like a dog barking outside."

"Aw, poor doggie," said Lisa. "It's probably hungry because there's nobody around to feed it."

Brian was making excellent progress in his repairs, and Damon was very impressed with him. Ernie was doing a fantastic job as well. Working together, they would have the Mustang fully repaired and restored within just a few hours.

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:04 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell smacked Heather on the ass, grinned, and then dug into his meal.

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:39 pm
by Tabs
"Look at yourself, mon," Wesley said to Keith. "You're banged up pretty bad." He finished the last of Roy's stitches. "Okay, you're all set. I wouldn't go playing football any time soon, but it'll do for now. Your turn, Keith."
"Yeah, I guess you're right--didn't realise I was so badly hurt."
"Aw, poor doggie," said Lisa. "It's probably hungry because there's nobody around to feed it."
"I luv animals. Let it inside."

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:14 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell said, "Wait a minute. We did not see a dog or cat on the way here and now suddenly there is one? It could be a zombie animal. I love animals too but lets look out the window first as it could be a trap by the fuzz as well."

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:00 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
"The only window looking out the front is in the door," said Damon. "Malcolm, Lou, check it out."

"We're on it boss," said Malcolm as he and Lou entered the hallway leading to the entrance. There was a knock on the front door right afterwards.

Wesley bandaged Keith's injuries, relieving a lot of his pain. "Give me about another ten minutes and I can give you a full exam, maybe patch you up a little more," he said to Keith.
OOC,Everyone, roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:44 am
by Mr Zombie killer
The sounds inside the room where Darnell was at were too loud to allow him to hear anything in the hallway.

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:12 am
by Tabs
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2702279/]Listen (1d100=100)[/url]
Wesley bandaged Keith's injuries, relieving a lot of his pain. "Give me about another ten minutes and I can give you a full exam, maybe patch you up a little more," he said to Keith.
"Thanks."
There was a knock on the front door right afterwards.
"Huh?"

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:19 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,With that roll, [b]Keith[/b] didn't even hear the knock on the door! :lol:
On the main floor-
Roy couldn't hear what was going on at the front door, and neither could Doug nor Brian. Heather was almost able to make out the conversation, but not quite.

Lisa, however, heard quite well. "Dad!" she hissed. "That lady cop from the school is at the front door: Kate Wheeler."

"Let's go get her, then," said Roy.

"I doubt she came alone," said Damon. "No, let's get all you kids below and cover up the entrance. Bring Erica with you too. If they're looking for her, they'll never find her here."

"Looks like further treatment will have to wait," said Wesley, gathering his medical supplies. "I'll come downstairs with you." He unlocked one of the storage compartments. Roy opened it and reached inside, trying to pick something up, but he couldn't manage it by himself with his injuries. Doug helped him, and the two of them carried out an unconscious beautiful woman with auburn hair. She was wearing only her underwear, and she was badly beaten and bruised. Blood still dripped from her wounded scalp.

"Don't forget her clothes," said Damon, picking up the boots and other clothes. "Can't let anyone find them here."

Brian ignored the situation and continued working on the car. None of my business, he thought.

Everyone but Keith heard the door slam. A moment later, Malcolm and Lou returned.

"Like, come on, kid," said Heather. She took Lisa's hand and hurried into the hall.

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:09 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell followed and said to Heather, "Want a quick fuck while we are down here?"

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:47 am
by Tabs
Lisa, however, heard quite well. "Dad!" she hissed. "That lady cop from the school is at the front door: Kate Wheeler."
"I gotta see this. Damon, Roy, Iet me hide nearby--c'mon--I want that cop to join our other prisoner."
Keith guffaws at his idea.

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:43 am
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
Roy chuckled. "Yeah, I'd like to get my hands on her," he said.

There was another knock on the front door, louder this time.

"Don't be a fool, mon," said Damon. "If they see you kids here, we're all in for it. Get below now. Wesley, watch the dripping blood. It'll lead 'em right to us."

"What about the Mustang, boss?" asked Ernie. "If they find that, they'll know."

"If anyone gets inside, throw a tarp over it. It's too big to hide well and that's the best we can do. Otherwise, you and Brian keep working on it. You're making good time. Malcolm, guard the front door. Lou, you got the back. Cover up the stairs after we all go down."

Wesley pressed some gauze onto Erica's head wound to keep the blood from dripping. He walked with Roy and Doug while they carried her into the hall. Damon followed and motioned for Keith to come with him. Malcolm and Lou also entered the hall.

In the entry hall-
"Like, maybe," said Heather to Darnell.

Lisa just shook her head. "Get a room, you two," she said. "Just don't do anything gross in front of me."

"Oh, you're just so totally jealous that you don't have a boyfriend." Heather pulled Lisa into the storage room containing the stairs leading down.

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:57 pm
by Tabs
Keith follows Damon, obediantly and without any questions.

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:25 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
darnell smiled and said, "Its the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine."

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:59 am
by Mr. Handy
In the entry hall-
A shotgun blast rang out from in front of the warehouse, and the front door shuddered. "Go!" hissed Damon, shoving the pile of clothes into Wesley's arms and pushing him and Darnell into the storeroom with the stairway leading down before unslinging his MAC-11 submachine gun. Roy and Doug carried Erica into the storeroom too. A second blast struck the door and nearly knocked it off its hinges. One of the hinges snapped, leaving the door at an awkward angle. At the same time, a burst of automatic gunfire hit the back door and sent it flying open. On the other side, Keith could see Emily Lubachek and Tiny. Lou King was already positioned facing them with his shotgun ready and he fired, filling the ceiling with buckshot. Tiny sprang through the open door and pounced on the man, ripping his leg out from under him. Somehow, he managed to stay on his feet.

Damon raised his MAC-11. He drilled Emily Lubachek with a single shot. The bullet tore into her left shoulder and sent her spinning to the ground, stone dead. LaTanya darted in, snatching up Emily's M4 and ducking behind cover. Tiny hadn't particularly cared when Chuck had been smashed to a pulp, but Emily's death affected him. He growled with rage. Even Damon winced, but not too much.

Keith was in the middle of the hall when the shooting started. Ernie emerged from the main floor, gun in hand, to join him. "Get downstairs, fast," he said.

On the main floor-
Ernie drew his gun when the gunfire erupted. "Cover the car with the tarp and get yourself under it too," he said, hurrying out into the hall. Brian did as he was told.

In the storage room-
After Darnell, Wesley, and the others entered the storage room, Heather and Lisa began to descend the stairs to the secret area below.

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:42 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Handy,is Darnell in the fight or is he fleeing. was not clear up in post

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:26 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,It wasn't clear from your last post what you were doing, so I presumed you were continuing to follow [b]Heather[/b]. Right now you're in the storage room and not in the fight. If you want to get into the fight, you can spend this turn's action moving back to the hall. If you want to get away, you can go down the stairs. It's up to you.

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:13 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
ooc,oh ok.
Darnell continued to follow Heather down the stairs and away from the action as he did not see it worth his while to fight something that he had no stake in.

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:05 pm
by Tabs
Cowering from the gunshots Keith does what Ernie says and runs downstairs.
"Oh my God! I need a weapon."

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:46 am
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
Brian stayed hidden under the tarp, wishing he still had his gun and hoping nobody would find him.

In the storage room-
Keith darted into the room as a shotgun blast echoed behind him. He heard Emilio Montoya shout: "Time to hand over my wheels, assholes!" More gunfire followed soon after. Darnell and Wesley scurried down the stairs. Doug and Roy, both carrying the unconscious Erica, were at the top of the stairs and about to descend. Keith could not move past them, so he had to wait for them to get down first.

In the basement entryway-
Darnell and Wesley reached the bottom of the stairs in time to see Heather and Lisa disappear through the door into the hydroponics room.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:47 pm
by Tabs
Keith impatiently hops from one foot to the other.
"For God's sake, drop the pilot, let's get downstairs!"

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:02 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell hurried after Heather

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:59 am
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
Brian stayed hidden, listening to the terrible battle in the entry hall.

In the storage room-
Roy and Doug ignored Keith as they carried Erica down the stairs. The way was now open for him to follow them.

More gunfire erupted in the entry hall. Keith heard shotgun blasts, followed by Damon shouting "Malcolm!" Pistol shots and another shotgun blast rang in his ears, and then by a burst from a submachine gun. "Don't even think about it, mon!" snarled Damon.

"NO!" screamed Kate Wheeler from somewhere in the entry hall, from the front of the warehouse.

In the hydroponics room-
Wesley came in right behind Darnell. Heather and Lisa were already there, waiting for them. The faint sound of gunfire - lots of it - echoed from above.

"What's going on up there?!" cried Lisa. "My dad..."

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:32 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell said, "Your dad will be alright Lisa. He is protecting us. Heather help guide her down the hall please. Kyle will you stay with me here and help guard in case any make it through this far?"

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:09 pm
by Tabs
"I need a weapon--quickly. Where can I get hold of one?"

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:28 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell said, "I have a baseball bat. Would that be suitible for you?"

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:09 pm
by Tabs
"Against bullets? No thanks."

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:29 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Keith[/b] reaches the bottom of the stairs at the end of this round, so he's not quite to the hydroponics room yet. He does have [b]Chuck[/b]'s knife, but yeah, you don't bring a knife to a gunfight. ;)

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:53 am
by Tabs
Keith heads for the hydroponics room.

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:45 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell said, "Keith where you going? You going to be a coward and not fight. Hell if you do try to fight I will get someone to give you a good fuck. Maybe Heather will do it but she don't do yellow bellies."

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:49 am
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
Brian kept his head down.

Keith reached the bottom of the stairs, where he saw Doug and Roy take Erica into the hydroponics room. There was more shooting above: shotgun blasts as well as automatic weapons fire.
OOC,[b]Darnell[/b] and most of the others are already in the hydroponics room, which is where [b]Keith[/b] is heading. [b]Keith[/b] hasn't gotten there yet, but he may do so this turn.
In the hydorponics room-
"I bet Erica would be great in the sack!" called back Roy to Keith.

"That's a terrible thing to say!" protested Lisa.

"Ah, the bitch totally has it comin'," said Heather. "Like, what do we do now?"

"Let's get the prisoner secure," said Wesley. "The bathroom's probably the best place for her."

"I found some cuffs on her," said Doug. "Those'll help. Come on, Roy, it's this way, through the bunkroom."

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:32 am
by Tabs
Darnell said: ....
"Fuck you!
"Who'd want Heather anyhow, after she's been slimed by you?"

Keith makes sure he can run away if Darnell takes offence.

[ooc: Mr. Handy, I know you said Keith isn't in the hydroponics room yet; Keith and Darnell can shout abuse at each other?]

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:28 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Sure, knock yourself out. You may enter the hydroponics room now - if you still want to go in.

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:18 am
by Tabs
Keith decides that Darnell will be mad, and he'd rather risk the bullets. He races back up the stairs.

Mr. Handy,Keith will try and escape. Maybe join the attackers?

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:28 am
by Mr Zombie killer
handy,1) can Darnell run after Keith or 2) can he try and shoot him in the leg?

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:23 am
by Mr. Handy
Darnell Jones,You can't see [b]Keith[/b] from where you are, so you can't shoot him (yet), but you can of course run after him.

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:19 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell cursed and ran after Keith, "Keith get your yellow belly ass back here boy."

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:27 pm
by Tabs
"No way. Go screw yourself!"

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:10 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell kept running and said, "If you do not come back I will shoot you dead where you stand."

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:54 am
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
Brian stayed beneath the tarp.

In the hydroponics room-
"Are you crazy, mon?!" called Wesley. "Don't go back up there!"

Heather shook her head as Darnell ran off to chase Keith. "Whatever," she said.

Doug and Roy carried Erica into the barracks.

Darnell rushed out the door and into the entryway. He couldn't see Keith, but he could hear his footsteps racing up the narrow stairs.

In the storage room-
Keith reached the top of the stairs and emerged into the storage room through the open trap door. He could hear Darnell running below him, but nothing from the open door to the entry hall. The guns had finally fallen silent.

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:10 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell did not wish to see Keith escape, he had no intention of being arrested by police for what he helped do in the school and he would kill if he had to. He continue to run after Keith.

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:07 am
by Tabs
Ducking down and weaving around any cover, Keith will head for the exit.
"Hey! Don't shoot, I'm unarmed."

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:34 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell yelled as he ran, "He is lying he has a bomb strapped to him. Shoot him down. Kill him!"
handy fast talk success of 19,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2760063/]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2760063/[/url]

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:32 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
Brian kept his head down.

In the hydroponics room-
Wesley walked into the bunkroom, leaving the girls alone in the hydroponics room.

In the bathroom-
Roy and Doug carried unconscious Erica in from the bunkroom. There was a row of urinals and sinks opposite a row of toilet and shower stalls. At the back was a porcelain bathtub. "Let's get her chained up," said Roy.

In the storage room-
Darnell reached the top of the narrow stairs and climbed out through the open trap door. The door to the entry hall stood open, but he couldn't see Keith from here.

In the entry hall-
Keith burst in on a scene of gruesome carnage. Near the blasted open front door, he saw the bullet-riddled body of Miguel, as well as those of Malcolm and Ernie. Blood pooled on the floor, shell casings floating in it. In the other direction, he could see the corpse of Tiny as well as some shredded remains that were barely recognizable as human, and through the open back door was the body of Emily Lubachek. Also near the back door were Damon Marley and Lou King. They both bore leg wounds, but they were very much alive. Lou pointed his shotgun at Keith, and Damon aimed his Mac-11 at him.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d4+1. If you lose 5 Sanity, you must make an Idea roll. If you succeed at that, you go temporarily insane. Otherwise, you may act. Whatever else you do, please make a Spot Hidden roll.

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:33 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell continued to run up to and then through the door. He panted but again yelled, "shoot him he said he would escape and lead the police here telling them about your drugs and hideout and gang." This time it appeared that no one would buy what he was trying to sell but maybe there was a glint of hope.

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:03 pm
by Tabs
Sanity,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2763703/]Sanity 61% (1d100=76)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2763709/]Sanity loss (1d4+1=3)[/url]
"What the-- " Keith stops in his tracks. "Lou, Damon, holy shit! what a mess.
"Put those guns down--look, I'm unarmed. Do you two need help?"

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:07 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], you still need to roll Spot Hidden. You should also roll Fast Talk yourself. [b]Darnell[/b], since you went out into the entry hall, you need to roll Sanity and Spot Hidden as well. Your second Fast Talk roll doesn't help or hurt and was not necessary; only the first roll applies.

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:00 am
by Tabs
Rolls,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2765753/]Spot Hidden & Fast Talk (1d100=8, 1d100=30)[/url] SH 37% FT 45%

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:14 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell saw the carnage in the area and although it caused some disgust, he had played enough video games that this was nothing to him. Looking around the area he thought he saw something. He panted, "This asshole here punched me and told me that he was going to run to the police and bring them back here to have you all arrested. He told me that he was a snitch for the police because of drug convictions. So I think we should put him in handcuffs and lock him in a room."

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:43 am
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
Brian remained where he was, not wanting to get involved.

In the hydroponics room-
Heather pointedly ignored Lisa.

In the bathroom-
"Let's take her over to the tub," said Doug. He and Roy carried Erica over and placed her gently in the bathtub, sitting her up. Doug raised her arms up and slapped the handcuffs he had found tightly around one of her wrists. Then he slid the cuffs through a metal bar attached to the wall normally used for holding washcloths and the like before locking them around her other wrist.

"Good going," said Wesley, entering the room. "I'll treat her and wake her up, but you'd better gag her first. She's liable to scream her bloody head off."

"Leave that to me," said Roy. He grabbed Erica's panties and slid them over her hips and down her legs. Then he stuffed them in her mouth, tying the ends together behind her head.

In the entry hall-
"Nobody kills anyone without my permission," said Damon, reloading his SMG while Lou pumped shells into his shotgun. "We got enough trouble without killing each other. Maybe Keith was trying to escape - it wouldn't surprise me. I can't imagine he'd admit to being a narc if he was one, though, and I don't see any bomb. You don't look hurt either. If he was going to warn the cops, he's too late - they already know we're here. That lady cop from the school was part of that raid. She got away with one guy out the front door, but she won't get far. I shot her in the leg and broke it. If you want to make yourselves useful, we've got two choices. You can try to stop them from escaping and telling anyone else what we've got here. Try to take the cop alive if you can. We can make her tell us who else knows about this place so we know whether it's safe to stay here. Otherwise, we're going to have to evacuate in the vehicles, 'cause we won't be able to stay here. You'd have to go back down and tell the others to all come up. Keith, you're not going outside unless Darnell goes with you, but you can go back downstairs."

Keith and Darnell got a good look around the entry hall. Near the front door, a shotgun lay discarded. Malcolm's dead corpse clutched a sniper rifle, and Ernie had been holding a revolver. Also there was the body of Miguel, a Glock 9mm in his hand. Near the back door, an M4 carbine was among the grisly remains. Both of them could barely tell that the lead-riddled corpse had once been LaTanya Washington.

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:31 pm
by Tabs
"Okay, Damon. You gotta get that cop--dead or alive."

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:33 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell said, "I do not trust you Keith." He pulled his pistol and said, "If you go anywhere with me i am going with you and if you make one false move you will get shot. So where do you wish to go?"
occ,Since Darnell cannot tell the body is Latanya do I have to react in any way?

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:10 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,But [b]Darnell[/b] can tell - barely. Both of you are able to recognize what's left of her. You're free to react however you like, as you passed your Sanity roll.

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:43 pm
by Tabs
"For God's sake, Darnell, take it easy with that pistol--I ain't runnin' away. Anyways, Damon said I have to stay put, but you feel free to chase after that cop."

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:13 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell nodded and looked slowly at the remains of his girlfriend. He looked up at Damon and said, "I will go with you if someone makes sure that Keith goes back downstairs. Afterwards we will talk about you killing my girl and the father of my baby, I know she came at you so its her fault but we will talk understand?"

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:21 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Damon[/b] didn't kill the father of [b]Darnell[/b]'s baby, as [b]Darnell[/b] is still alive. :P Now, he didn't kill the father of [b]LaTanya[/b]'s baby, either, as that may be [b]Darnell[/b], or it may be [b]Kyle Rogers[/b], who was locked up in the school the last he heard. He did, however, kill the baby when he killed [b]LaTanya[/b].
On the main floor-
Brian stayed put.

In the hydroponics room-
Lisa waited and worried.

In the bathroom-
Wesley stopped the bleeding from Erica's scalp wound and stitched it up with impressive skill. He only repaired a moderate amount of damage, but he was lucky he could do that much.

Erica gradually regained consciousness - and at once she wished she hadn't. Her head still throbbed with pain, and her vision swam. It slowly resolved itself, and what she saw frightened her even more. She was in unfamiliar surroundings, reclining in a bathtub in some kind of large communal bathroom. Leaning over her was an unfamiliar Jamaican-looking man with dreadlocks, along with Doug Marley and Roy McCrumb. She tried to move, but found that her arms were restrained somehow above her head. Tilting her head back, she saw handcuffs around her wrists, securing her to a metal bar above. When she looked back down, she saw to her horror that she was nearly naked. Her clothes were gone, and she was wearing only her bra. She crossed her legs and tried to scream, but something stuffed in her mouth muffled her.

"Easy there, girl," said the man. "I'm not gonna hurt you. It's okay, I'm a doctor. Now let's get you cleaned up while I work on you." He turned on the taps and the tub began to fill with water.

In the entry hall-
"I'm not going anywhere with my leg like this, mon," said Damon. "Yeah, we'll talk later. I'll make sure Keith goes downstairs. Lou, you go with Darnell." Lou and Darnell went out the front door. "Keith, go back down and send Wesley up to look at my leg."

Outside the warehouse-
Darnell and Lou emerged from the warehouse with their weapons ready. They found themselves on the street outside, which appeared deserted. To the west was an intersection with another street heading north and south. To the east was another warehouse, and between them was an alley leading behind the warehouses. Much further east was an intersection with another street. It didn't seem likely that someone with a broken leg could have gotten very far, even with help.
OOC,[b]Darnell[/b], roll Track if you want to try to determine which way they went. The base skill is 10%.

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:41 pm
by Tabs
"Sure thing, boss." Keith hurries downstairs.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:31 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell tried to track where the police had gone but had no luck. "I cannot see anything. You have a clue?"

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:41 am
by Mr. Handy
In front of the warehouse-
"No idea, mon," said Lou. "Your guess is as good as mine."

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:30 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Handy,Can you give me some idea of the streets around the warehouse and area so I have a choice to make instead of doing this blindly? Thanks!

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:09 am
by Mr. Handy
On the main floor-
"Brian, you can get back to work now, mon," called Damon.

Brian crawled out from under the tarp, lifted it up, and resumed his repairs on the Mustang. It would be slower going without Ernie's able help, but he would still get it done fairly quickly. He guessed he could finish the repairs by a little past 10:00 PM.

In the storage room-
Keith returned to the storage room. The trapdoor stood invitingly open, and beneath it the stairs led down to the basement.

In the hydroponics room-
Lisa and Heather waited.

In the bathroom-
"Give me your leg," said Wesley. Erica squirmed when he reached for it. "Your leg's hurt too. I'm going to treat it." She relented and let him lift her leg out of the tub. He rubbed it and put ointment on it, but there was little else he could do. The tub continued to gradually fill.

Outside the warehouse-
"We're not going to find them standing around out here," said Lou to Darnell. "Just pick a direction and we'll start looking."
OOC,[b]Darnell[/b], the description I gave in my last update is all you can see from your current position, and you're not familiar with the neighborhood. You know that the school is about a mile to the south, but that's about it. If you want to see what's in a given direction, you'll have to start moving that way, and then I'll tell you more. You may roll Listen to see if you can hear something nearby. The base skill is 25%.

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:22 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Never mind about the Listen roll.
Outside the warehouse-
Darnell heard a familiar voice coming from the alleyway between the warehouses. It was Coach Ron Moore! "Darnell?' he called out. "Darnell, is that you?"

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:29 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell kept his gun carefully showing and said, "Coach Moore, why did you try to attack us when all we want is to lead like you all taught us to do on the football team?"

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:30 am
by Mr. Handy
Outside the warehouse-
"Shit, Darnell," Ron said, "I was coming here to try and prevent all of this..... nonsense. When I heard they were coming to look for that young lady, I tried to get here before them and talk to you to prevent all this shit from happening. Looks like I was too late.

"This isn't leading, Darnell. Kidnapping that woman was not the character of the young men I raised on that field."

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:42 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell snarled and said, "I did not want to kidnap her. But you all want to put me in jail for killing someone who had to face justice, I was God's hands in that deal and He protects me. Now who is going to protect you?" Darnell leveled his gun at Coach Moore and said to Lou, "Looks like we got another hostage, one that we can use to get the others back here. Down on your knees hands behind your head sir."

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:12 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,You can't actually see [b]Ron[/b] from your current position, but you can hear his voice from the alley. You'll have to move to the alley's mouth in order to do that.

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:29 pm
by Tabs
Trapdoor?,You may have already said, but where is it?--I mean the floor or ceiling, and does it lead outside?
Keith thinks: "We're all gonna die in here, I need to get away."

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:42 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell moved to the ally's mouth and leveled his gun at Coach Moore and said, "I did not want to kidnap her. But you all want to put me in jail for killing someone who had to face justice, I was God's hands in that deal and He protects me. Now who is going to protect you?" Darnell said to Lou, "Looks like we got another hostage, one that we can use to get the others back here. Down on your knees hands behind your head sir."

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:38 am
by Mr. Handy
Tabs wrote:
Trapdoor?,You may have already said, but where is it?--I mean the floor or ceiling, and does it lead outside?
Keith thinks: "We're all gonna die in here, I need to get away."
OOC,Yes, I did say, and I thought it was evident from the description above. The trapdoor is in the floor and leads back down to the basement.

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:14 am
by Tabs
Keith goes down the stairs in search of Wesley.

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:43 am
by Mr. Handy
Outside the warehouse-
Lou moved to the mouth of the alley with Darnell.
OOC,[b]Darnell[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Tables Turned

On the main floor-
Brian busied himself with the repairs, not wanting to think about the death and carnage he knew had to be in the hall outside.

Keith descended the stairs into the basement. The door to the hydroponics room stood open.

In the hydroponics room-
Lisa and Heather continued to wait.

In the bathroom-
Wesley released Erica's leg and examined her head again. "That's going to need stitches," he said, and got to work. He began sewing up the wound very thoroughly while Doug and Roy watched.

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:53 pm
by Tabs

Keith continues onwards to the hydroponics room.

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:24 am
by Mr. Handy
In the hydroponics room-
Heather and Lisa looked up when Keith entered. "Is my dad all right?" asked Lisa anxiously.

In the bathroom-
Erica leaned her head back while Wesley worked on it. She closed her eyes and tried to keep her tears bottled up. The tub was now almost halfway filled.

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:38 pm
by Tabs
Keith-

"Your Dad is indestructable--don't worry about him. He's chasing those attackers who survived, frankly, the attackers are as good as dead.

"Wesley is needed up above. Where is he?"

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:34 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the hydroponics room-
"He's in the bathroom, looking after Erica," said Lisa. "I'll go get him. I just hope Dad stays safe." She hurried into the barracks. "Wesley! They need you upstairs."

"Well," said Heather to Keith, "I totally never expected to see you again. I thought either Darnell was gonna kill you or you'd run away."

In the bathroom-
"I'll have to finish up later," said Wesley to Erica, gathering up his medical gear.

"I'll stand guard," said Roy to Doug. "You can go with him if you like."

"Okay," said Doug. He and Wesley left the bathroom.

Erica cringed as Roy leered at her.

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:18 pm
by Tabs
Keith answers Heather.

"Darnell is all mouth--I ain't scared of him. Run away? Huh! you don't know your man." Keith attempts to balloon his chest.

Keith enters the bathroom.

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy
In the hydroponics room-
"Whatever," said Heather with a shrug as Keith left the room. Wesley, Lisa, and Doug returned through the same door.

In the bunkroom-
Keith entered the barracks-like room with various beds. To the left was the open doorway leading to the communal bathroom. Through it he could see and hear what Roy was doing. If Roy noticed him, he didn't give any indication yet.

In the bathroom-
Roy leaned his baseball bat against the wall. "You know," he said, "I could do with a bath myself." He ogled Erica while he took off his clothes. She looked away in disgust.

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:01 pm
by Tabs
Keith leers at the scene in the bathroom.

When Roy is naked and at his most vulnerable Keith will enter the bathroom and pick up Roy's baseball bat, Keith will also draw his knife.

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:50 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], roll Sneak. Even if you fail, he might not hear you - especially with the water running. Also, keep in mind that you need both hands if you actually want to swing the bat or parry with it. Large Club has a base skill of 25% (just like with Knife), and the bat does 1d8+db damage. Unlike the knife, it does not impale. [b]Roy[/b] is badly hurt, so one hit from either weapon will have a good chance to bring him down.

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:24 am
by Tabs
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2832881/]Sneak 40% (1d100=48)[/url]
Keith leaves the bat alone and creeps up on Roy.
ooc,Keith's Fist/Punch is 60%--would a success incapacitate Roy?

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:58 am
by Mr. Handy
In the hydroponics room-
Wesley, Lisa, and Doug left the hydroponics room for the basement entryway, leaving Heather alone.

On the main floor-
Brian Stevenson,"Yo, [b]Brian[/b]!" called [b]Damon[/b] from the entry hall. "Open up one of the garage bay doors!" [b]Brian[/b] paused in his repairs and did as he was told. As he opened the door, he heard a single gunshot from outside.
In the bathroom-
Keith waited until Roy finished undressing before slowly creeping into the room, his knife in one hand. Roy approached the tub, grinning.

"Mph!" cried Erica through her gag, kicking furiously and splashing water all around. "Mph!"

"Relax, baby," said Roy, touching her cheek. "I'm not gonna hurt you." He was about to climb into the tub with her when he heard something and turned around. "What do you want?" he asked Keith.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], if you want to attack [b]Roy[/b], you no longer have surprise, so he will be able to defend himself. A punch may do enough damage to incapacitate [b]Roy[/b] by itself, and if you make it a knockout attempt there is an even better chance. However, he can parry by rolling against his own Fist/Punch skill, not to mention his ability to Dodge. If you attack with the knife or the bat, the base skill level is only 25%, but he will not get to parry. He could still Dodge, however.

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:52 pm
by Tabs
"What do you want?"
"You!"
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2838284/]Punch (1d100=89)[/url]; miss!
Keith swings his fist with a rage that has been festering ever since he was forced to join with the gang. Unfortunately, he is so angry that he misses Roy.

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:58 am
by Mr. Handy
Wesley led his group back upstairs.

In the hydroponics room-
Heather sat down and began to root through her backpack.

On the main floor-
Brian Stevenson,[b]Lou King[/b] hurried in from the entry hall. "I and I'll take care of it, mon," he said, clutching some keys. "Keep working on the Mustang. I need to take the VW out." [b]Brian[/b] nodded and went back to work, staying out of his way.
In the bathroom-
Roy's face contorted with rage. "You are so dead, you pathetic little twerp!" he roared, pulling back his own hammy fist to strike. Erica lashed out at him with her leg, but she couldn't reach him from the bathtub. Though Roy was powerful, he wasn't very accurate. His punch whiffed past Keith on the right.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], it's your turn. [b]Roy[/b] cannot try to Dodge since he attacked, but he can try to parry.

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:16 am
by Tabs
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2844330/]2nd punch (1d100=49)[/url] (60%).
Keith punches again.

"You-- you-- thick meat-head!"

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:26 am
by Mr. Handy
In the storage room-
Wesley led his group back to the entry hall.

In the entry hall-
Doug Marley and Lisa Marley,[b]Doug[/b] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2852372/]did a double take[/url] when he saw the carnage, [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2852376/]sickened[/url] by the deaths of some of his father's friends and people he knew from school. "Dad!" cried [b]Lisa[/b] when she saw [b]Damon Marley[/b]'s leg wound. Then she saw the corpses, but [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2852378/]she was numb to the shock[/url]. "I and I will be fine, princess," said [b]Damon[/b]. "Now that [b]Wesley[/b]'s here, he can dig the bullet out. [b]Doug[/b], I need you to go with [b]Lou[/b] and [b]Darnell[/b]. That cop and one of her friends got away, but not for long."
On the main floor-
Brian Stevenson,While [b]Brian[/b] worked, [b]Lou[/b] got into the minibus and started the engine.
In the bathroom-
Roy blocked Keith's punch with his own fists. Then he pulled back his arm to take another swing. Erica tried to kick Roy again, but she pulled a muscle. The pain paralyzed her, and she couldn't move.

Roy grinned savagely and tried to maul Keith, but he slipped on the wet floor and fell on his butt.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], it's your turn to attack again. [b]Roy[/b] can still defend himself, but he cannot attack next round.

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:56 pm
by Tabs
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2852904/]3rd Punch 60% (1d100=57)[/url]
Keith grunts.

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:03 am
by Mr. Handy
In the entry hall-
Doug Marley and Lisa Marley,[b]Wesley[/b] took one look at [b]Damon[/b]'s leg and whistled. "That's shot up pretty bad, mon," he said. "[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2864104/]I don't think even I can do much for it[/url]." [b]Lisa[/b] began to cry. "I want to help, Daddy," she said, "but [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2864107/]I don't know what to do[/url]." "You just stay here with me, sweetheart," said [b]Damon[/b]. He tried to extract the bullet from his leg again, but [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2864110/]he couldn't get a grip on it[/url]. "[b]Doug[/b], go with [b]Lou[/b] and hunt down that cop." "I'm on it, Dad," said [b]Doug[/b], hurrying into the main floor.
On the main floor-
Doug Marley and Brian Stevenson,[b]Lou King[/b] waved for [b]Doug[/b] to follow him out through the open garage door as he drove outside. [b]Brian[/b] continued working.
In the bathroom-
Roy rolled aside, avoiding Keith's fist. He glared at Keith, more furious than ever. He was now out of reach of Erica's leg.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], it's your turn again.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:25 pm
by Tabs
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2871884/]4th Punch 60% (1d100=46)[/url]
"Hey! Hey! Try this one."

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:29 am
by Mr. Handy
In the entry hall-
Lisa Marley,[b]Wesley[/b] sat down and [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2876403/]got to work on [b]Damon[/b][/url], extracting the bullet and [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2876404/]starting to sew him up well[/url]. "Don't worry, [b]Lisa[/b]," he said. "Your dad's going to be just fine."
On the main floor-
Doug Marley and Brian Stevenon,[b]Doug[/b] heard [b]Lou[/b] honk his horn as he raced outside. [b]Brian[/b] ignored the commotion and kept repairing the Mustang.
In the bathroom-
Roy read Keith's intentions and brought up his arm to block the blow. Then he surged to his feet and took a swing, his fist breezing past Keith's face.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], it's your turn again.

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:09 am
by Tabs
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2898122/]5th punch 60% (1d100=3)[/url]
Keith punches again. He throws a beauty at Roy, it is like one of Rocky Balboa's finest.

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:46 am
by Mr. Handy
In the entry hall-
Lisa Marley,[b]Lisa[/b] sat down beside her father and hugged him while [b]Wesley[/b] sewed him up.
On the main floor-
Brian Stevenson,[b]Brian[/b] kept himself busy, focusing on his work to keep from thinking about what had just happened here - or what might happen next.
Outside the warehouse-
Doug Marley,[b]Doug[/b] rushed outside and saw [b]Lou[/b] in the driver's seat of the VW minibus in the driveway. "Get in, mon!" called [b]Lou[/b]. "I don't know where [b]Darnell[/b] and the coach are, but we can't waste any more time. I need you to help me track down that cop. The others too, if you can." "Sure," said [b]Doug[/b], slipping into the shotgun seat, "but [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2915577/]I have no idea which way they went[/url]." "Me neither," said [b]Lou[/b]. "We'll start by going north. That's where the coach said they went. Of course, he could be lying." He pulled out and drove away.
In the bathroom-
Keith's blow finally got through Roy's defenses, and it was a doozy. He was struck very hard in the groin and collapsed to the bathroom floor, bleeding to death.

"Mmm!" called Erica through her gag, looking at Keith imploringly with her eyes. She strained at the handcuffs, but they kept her securely chained to the metal bar embedded in the wall. The tub was overflowing, water flooding out all over the place.

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:30 pm
by Tabs
Keith almost yelps with triumph, but tries to keep calm--he's not free yet. He rushes over to Erica, pulls the plug out of the bath and turns off the tap; next, he pulls down the gag.

"Listen, Ms pilot, we're gonna escape from this hole back to the school. You're my golden ticket and you'll vouch for me if the school's head or the cops want to string me up, okay? Now, where's the keys to your cuffs?"

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:17 am
by Mr. Handy
In the bathroom-
"Thank you," gasped Erica. "If we make it out of this, of course I'll tell them how you saved me. I don't know where the keys are; I woke up chained up here after Darnell and Heather clobbered me. You might want to check my clothes - and Roy's." She glanced over at the piles of clothing on the bathroom floor.

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:05 am
by Tabs
Keith searches the clothing.

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:33 am
by Mr. Handy
In the entry hall-
Lisa Marley,"Yo, [b]Brian[/b]!" [b]Damon[/b] called out. "Close the garage door and then come in here. I need you to barricade the front and back doors. The car can wait. I don't like leaving these entrances wide open. We'll use the garage to go in and out."
On the main floor-
Brian Stevenson,"Yo, [b]Brian[/b]!" [b]Damon[/b] called out from the entry hall. "Close the garage door and then come in here. I need you to barricade the front and back doors. The car can wait. I don't like leaving these entrances wide open. We'll use the garage to go in and out." [b]Brian[/b] did as he was told, securing the garage door before gathering his tools and returning to the entry hall.
In the street-
Doug Marley,[b]Lou[/b] drove north for a block and stopped at the intersection. "They could have gone anywhere from here," he said. "If they even went this way. Maybe the coach was lying. But if he was, how will we find them?" "[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2918645/]I think I know[/url]," said [b]Doug[/b]. "I bet they headed back to the school. It's about a mile south of here. We should head that way and find a nearby vantage point, then ambush them when they get close. They can't be moving too fast." "Yeah, let's do that," said [b]Lou[/b]. He turned left, then left again. Half a mile later, they saw [b]Emilio Montoya[/b] standing in the middle of the street with his shotgun ready. [b]Kate Wheeler[/b] was gripping her Glock, leaning against a nearby car. [b]Lou[/b] stopped about fifty yards away from the mechanic.
In the bathroom-
Keith searched the piles of clothing, but there was no sign of any handcuff keys. The only things of interest he could find were three baseballs in Roy's pockets and the aluminum baseball bat leaning against the wall. Perhaps someone else had taken the key. He could possibly pick the lock, but it wouldn't be easy.

Roy stopped breathing. His corpse lay in a bloody heap on the wet floor.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], roll Sanity for killing [b]Roy[/b]. Sanity loss is 0/1d4. If you want to try to pick the lock, roll Locksmith.

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:36 am
by Tabs
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2929257/]Sanity roll for killing Roy (1d100=5)[/url]
Keith chuckles nastily as he searches Roy's lifeless body.

"You son-of-a-bitch, I fetched you a good one, he-he!"

He returns to Erica.

"No keys for the cuffs, of course. Hold tight, I'll see what I can find--a bolt cutter or something."

Keith will exit the bathroom.

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:18 am
by Mr. Handy
In the entry hall-
Lisa Marley and Brian Stevenson,[b]Wesley[/b] kept working on [b]Damon[/b] and was now close to halfway done. He looked up when [b]Brian[/b] entered. "Ah, good," he said. "You can find wood, a hammer, and nails in that storeroom." He pointed out a door. "It's not locked." "I'm on it, boss," said [b]Brian[/b]. He went into the storeroom and got the tools and supplies he needed for the job.
In the street-
Doug Marley,[b]Emilio[/b] stood where he was, aiming his shotgun at the VW. "Stay in the bus and slip behind the wheel when I get out," [b]Lou[/b] told [b]Doug[/b]. "We're out of pistol range anyway, and I aim to keep it that way. Once I take care of this punk with the shotgun, the lady cop is all ours." [b]Doug[/b] nodded. [b]Lou[/b] got out, and then [b]Doug[/b] slid over. [b]Lou[/b] pointed his shotgun at [b]Emilio[/b]. "Drop your weapons and we won't kill you!" he called.
In the bathroom-
"Please hurry..." said Erica as Keith left.

In the barracks-
Keith made his way through the barracks. Through the open door leading back to the hydroponics room, he could see Heather sitting down with a glazed look in her eyes.
OOC,[b]Roy[/b] had already taken off all his clothes, so you weren't actually searching his body.

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:35 pm
by Tabs
"Hey, what's the matter, Heather?"

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:18 am
by Mr. Handy
In the entry hall-
Lisa Marley and Brian Stevenson,[b]Brian[/b] returned with a double armful of wood and a bucket containing nails and a hammer. He headed over to the front door so he could get to work.
In the street-
Doug Marley,[b]Emilio[/b] fired first, hitting [b]Lou King[/b] hard in the leg. "Come and get us, [i]mon[/i]!" shouted the mechanic. He pumped the shotgun as he took a step forward. "Feeling lucky?" [b]Lou[/b] returned fire, peppering [b]Emilio[/b] in the gut with buckshot, but he didn't go down either. [b]Doug[/b] put the VW in gear and rolled forward, intending to run down [b]Emilio[/b]. But [b]Kate[/b] opened fire on him. Her first two shots went wide, but the third pinged off the fender. It didn't do much damage, but it did distract him. Already swerving, he began to fishtail badly and skid.
In the hydroponics room-
"I'm, like, totally fine," said Heather, her voice slurring. Keith recognized her condition. She was stoned out of her mind. He knew she was addicted to crystal meth, as he was her supplier. She probably had taken some while he was in the bathroom. "My stash is running a little low, though. You can fix me up, right? Tell me you can get more, Keith. I need it."

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:46 pm
by Tabs
"Yeah, sure, no problem, Heather. Hold it together for a little while longer. You can pay, can't ya?"

Keith will search for a crowbar or similar, so that he can force Erica's cuffs; also he wants to find some guns.

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:04 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Lisa Marley[/b] and [b]Brian Stevenson[/b] are moving to the thread linked below. If they ever have players, they are to stop reading the current thread at this point and are not to read any posts above the one in the link.
Tables Turned
OOC,[b]Doug Marley[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. If he ever has a player, he or she is to stop reading the current thread at this point and is not to read any posts above the one in the link.
The Searchers

In the hydroponics room-
A crowbar wouldn't break the handcuffs' chain. Keith would need bolt cutters or something of the sort for that, and he couldn't see any tools of that kind in this room. He might be able to pick the lock on the handcuffs without something like that, but he was only an amateur when it came to locks. There was only one gun he could see in the room: Erica's M-16, which Heather carried slung over her shoulder. He did remember seeing a few guns in the entry hall when he had been upstairs, lying amidst the dead bodies, but Damon and the others were also up there. A few doors led off from this room. The one on the left led to the generator room, which might contain tools, but that door was locked. The door on the right led to the stairs going back up to the surface. The door to the bunkroom was at his back, and another door was ahead of him on the opposite side of the hydroponics area. He had no idea where that door led.

"Yeah, of course I can pay," said Heather. "My money's totally good."

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:28 pm
by Tabs
"Tell you what, Heather, gimme the M-16--it's such a cool weapon, and I'll get you some good shit--you'll love it."

Keith will try to open the door opposite. "Have you got any idea where this leads to?"

Mr. Handy,Does Keith have any drugs on him?

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:37 am
by Mr. Handy
In the hydroponics room-
"Sure, I'll totally trade you the M-16," said Heather. "I think it's worth a month's supply of meth." She just shrugged when he asked her about the door.

Keith opened the door, which wasn't locked. On the other side was a corridor with storage compartments on both sides, locked metal doors protecting each one. They resembled the compartments he had seen upstairs, but since they were hidden down here, they probably contained the good stuff.
Keith Stewart,Yes, you have drugs on you. You have about as much crystal meth as [b]Heather[/b] wants, but no more than that. You also have similar quantities of various other drugs.

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:02 am
by Tabs
"Here's the crystal meth. Enjoy it, Heather."

M-16 cocked, Keith will ascend the stairs. He hopes to discover some bolt cutters in the garage.

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:40 am
by Mr. Handy
In the hydroponics room-
"Thanks, Keith," said Heather, pocketing the drugs and handing over the M-16.

Keith walked out of the hydroponics room carrying his new assault rifle. He reached the base of the stairs leading up to the surface.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], please roll Listen.

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:28 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the storage room-
Keith didn't hear anything unusual as he headed upstairs. When he reached the storage room, he was surprised to walk right into Darnell and Coach Ron Moore as they entered from the hall. The coach had an M4 carbine in addition to his bow and saber. Ron and Darnell noticed that Keith now had an M16 in his hands. They were in a windowless storage room containing shelves full of small boxes. One row of shelves had been moved aside to reveal an open trapdoor, which had a hinge on the underside. Narrow stairs led underground.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], I rolled Listen for you, since you hadn't rolled.

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:01 pm
by ryansommer
Ron moves over to the secret door and inspects the hinges and locking mechanism: "This looks to be a fairly defensible door. If we get behind it and close it, the fact it is concealed would be one of it's better defenses.
Handy,Does the door lock from the stair side?
"Hey, Keith" Ron said with a smile. 'Care to take tour with us"

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:36 am
by Mr. Handy
Ron Moore,Please roll Spot Hidden. The base skill is 25%. You do recognize [b]Keith[/b] from school.

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:24 pm
by ryansommer
Handy,Post edited above
As he speaks, Ron inspects the door.

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:32 am
by Mr. Handy
Ron Moore,The door's hinge was cleverly concealed on the underside, and there was a small hidden keyhole in the top side, which would be flush with the floor were it closed. The trapdoor was designed to be well-concealed, and [b]Ron[/b] might not have ever known it was there had it not been open. The shelving that had been moved aside appeared to normally rest on top of the trapdoor, adding to its undetectability. There was no keyhole in the underside of the trapdoor, so it looked like it only locked from above. An axe, such as the one [b]Emily Lubachek[/b] had, would be able to chop through the door relatively quickly. The best way the door had of keeping people out of whatever was downstairs was that they wouldn't know it was even there.

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:52 pm
by ryansommer
"Hmm, not very solid but when closed, it's undetectability is it's best defense" Ron said inspecting the door. "Let's keep going."

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:50 am
by Tabs
ryansommer wrote: "Hey, Keith" Ron said with a smile. 'Care to take tour with us"
"Hell yeah! But, I've got a message for the boss. See you in a bit, okay?"

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:42 pm
by ryansommer
"Sounds good." Ron said. "We'll see you downstairs."

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:27 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Keith Stewart[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point, and do not read any of the posts above the one in the link in the new thread. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Tables Turned

In the storage room-
Keith walked into the entry hall, while Darnell and Ron headed downstairs.

The stairs led down to a small room. The room was illuminated by overhead lights. It was bare, with concrete walls and a floor to match. The only feature was a sturdy metal door, which was open.

"They've got a generator down here," said Darnell. "It's not affected by the EMP because of all the concrete over us blocking it or something."

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:42 pm
by ryansommer
"Good to know" Ron said, "we'll want to conserve the fuel to ensure it last as long as possible."
He leaned into Darnell and whispered: "Take me to Erika, quickly"

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:38 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Darnell[/b]'s player has returned, but he probably won't be able to post for a few more days.
"This way," said Darnell, leading Ron through the open metal door.

In the hydroponics room-
Fluorescent lights overhead lit up the vast space beneath the warehouse. There were a few other doors leading off of this room, most of which was taken up by several hydroponic tables. Over each one was an ultraviolet light. They appeared to be growing some variety of marijuana here.

Heather Anderson sat on a chair, her glassy eyes staring into space. She blinked when Darnell and Ron came into the room. "Like, hi," she slurred.

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:43 pm
by ryansommer
"Hi" said Ron. "I'm Ron. I'm going to be helping out with security around here" he said.

"Lead on" Ron said to Darnell.

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:41 am
by Mr. Handy
In the hydroponics room-
"I know who you are, Coach," said Heather groggilly.

"Hey, babe," said Darnell. "I'll see you in a few minutes." He led Ron through a door to the left.

In the bunkroom-
Ron and Darnell entered a large room containing about a dozen cots in a barracks-like room. There were footlockers beside each bunk. An opening on the left led into what looked from here to be a large communal bathroom. "In here," said Darnell, starting towards it.

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:55 am
by ryansommer
"Lead on" Ron said to Darnell.

Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:03 am
by Mr. Handy
In the bathroom-
Darnell led Ron into the bathroom, where they were met with a disturbing sight. There was a row of urinals and sinks opposite a row of toilet and shower stalls. At the back was a porcelain bathtub. Reclining in the bathtub lay Erica Spears, wearing nothing but a bra. Her arms were handcuffed together and elevated, the chain looped through a metal bar attached to the wall that was meant for holding a washcloth. She watched the men as they entered, fear in her eyes. The floor was awash with pinkish water, and a naked Roy McCrumb lay in the middle of it some ten feet from the tub, stone dead. His clothes and hers were in a couple of piles in the corner, and a bloody aluminum baseball bat was leaning against a wall. Both of them recognized it as the one Roy had borrowed from the gym's equipment locker.
OOC,Both of you please roll Sanity for seeing [b]Roy[/b]'s body. Sanity loss is 0/1d3.

Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:50 pm
by ryansommer
Ron stared at the horrific sight in front of him and resisted the urge to vomit. THe urge to march upstairs and open up on the scum bags upstairs was somewhat harder to resist but he know that time would eventually come.

He walked up to Erika and looked her over, trying to assess her wounds. He leaned into her and said quietly: "I'm here to get you out of here, ma'am. I can't do it now, but know that I will do everything I can to protect you and get you out of here."

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:08 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Please don't forget to post for [b]Sally[/b]. You haven't posted for her in over two weeks.
In the bathroom-
Darnell gritted his teeth in anger, but kept his cool. "Roy!" he yelled, glaring at Erica. "What the hell happened?!"

"He was going to rape me," said Erica, glaring right back. "That's what happened!"

"No, that's a lie! Roy wouldn't do that. He didn't need to rape anyone. Girls lined up to be with him."

"That's. What. Happened." Erica turned away from him and looked at Ron. He could see that she had a severe head injury, but it had been stitched and bandaged very well. She also had a bruise on her thigh. "Thank you, but why do you think you can trust him? He's the one who clobbered me with his baseball bat back at the school!"

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:01 pm
by ryansommer
Ron leaned in and whispered to Erika: "I am not sure that I can. I don't have a choice at this point."
Handy,Does Ron know that Darnell is the one who clobbered Erika?

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:25 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the bathroom-
Erica nodded. "Please hurry," she said. "And be careful."
Rnn Moore,[b]Ron[/b] wasn't there, so he didn't see what happened, so he only knows what he's been told. He did see [b]Darnell[/b], [b]Roy[/b], and [b]Heather[/b] walk out of the meeting at the start of Chapter 5 to go take revenge on [b]Kyle[/b], and he saw [b]Erica[/b], [b]Kate[/b], and [b]Rachel[/b] follow them. From what he can gather the teenagers somehow got the upper hand and took [b]Erica[/b] hostage, then escaped in the late [b]Chuck Lubachek[/b]'s Mustang.

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:29 pm
by ryansommer
Turning from Erica, Ron said to Darnell: "Darnell, snap out of it. If we're going to get out of here we have to keep it together and have a plan." He looked around the room: "Erika, do you know where the handcuff keys are?"

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:19 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell said, "Don't you dare lie about my best friend! Why in the hell did you kill him? What would keep my from killing you now bitch?"

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:30 am
by Mr. Handy
In the bathroom-
"I'm chained up," said Erica, "and you don't seem to have a conscience, so the only thing that can stop you is your friend here. I told you the truth. Do you really think I took off his clothes from here?" She rattled the handcuff chain and glanced over at Ron. "I'm sorry, I don't know where the keys are. After I got knocked out at the school, I woke up here. Ask Darnell, he probably knows."
OOC,[b]Darnell[/b] and [b]Ron[/b], please roll Idea.

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:55 pm
by ryansommer
Ron shoulders his rifle and draws his pistol and approaches Darnell. He leans in close an stares the young man straight in the eyes and speaks to him in a furious, yet hushed tone: "You listen here Darnell and you listen good. That wound on her head is a result of you. You bashed that woman on the head and brought her here. She is suffering and being raped because of what you did. Now it's time to make things right and get her out of here. Do you understand me, son? Clearly she could or would not have taken his clothes off so we know he had some bad intentions. It is also clear that she could not have killed him being cuffed to the wall as she is. That mean someone else is on our side and my bets are on Keith who we saw coming up from here. Now let's get to work because there is no telling how much time we have. I've got shit to live for now other than getting this woman out of here. I'll die trying to do it but will make damned sure I take as many out with me as I can. Are we clear?"

Ron grabs the baseball bat and hides it in the room somewhere.

As he intensly stared ar Darnell, Ron had an idea

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:44 am
by Mr. Handy
Ron Moore,[b]Erica[/b] was absolutely correct that she couldn't have taken off [b]Roy[/b]'s clothes, but it didn't seem likely that she could have killed him either considering his position some ten feet from the tub, for much the same reason. Then again, she hadn't actually said that she had killed him.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:27 pm
by ryansommer
OOC: Post edited above

Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:31 am
by Mr. Handy
In the bathroom-
"Luckily, he didn't get a chance to rape me," said Erica. "It was Keith who stopped him before he could. I didn't want to say anything in front of Darnell because I was worried he might try to kill him. None of the other guys here have tried anything - at least not while I was conscious - but I don't like the idea of staying around here long enough to see if they will. One of them actually bandaged my head up. His name's Wesley, and he's not as bad as the others. Don't kill him if you don't have to. I think you two had better go now. If someone finds you here, they'll think you killed Roy. Good luck."

Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:29 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell sighed and said, "He was a good man. But today has been a strange day. Listen I will help get you out of here but I need someone to help me find my moms after we get out. Can either of you help me?"

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:40 pm
by ryansommer
Handy,Are there any doors leading off of this room?

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:35 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The only way out is the way you came in.

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:54 pm
by ryansommer
"Darnell" Ron said "You have my word as a soldier that I WILL help you find your mother and ensure her safety. I promise. First, however, we have to get Erika out of here." Ron moved towards the exit door and peeked out looking for anyone coming. He turned back to Darnell: "See if you can find the keys on Roy's body. We will need them to get her out of here."

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:52 am
by Mr. Handy
In the bathroom-
"If you get me out of here," said Erica, "I promise I'll help you find your mother too. Keith already checked Roy's clothes. The keys aren't there. I don't know who took them."

Ron saw that nobody was coming.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:10 am
by ryansommer
"Okay. We'll look elsewhere." Ron said. "Come on, Darnell, let's get out of here. Where is the generator room, Darnell?"

OOC: Is the young lady that was sitting among the pot plants looking towards the room Erica is in or is she looking another direction? What I want to know is if she saw us go in here.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:35 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Heather[/b] was just staring into space the last you saw her. She might have noticed where you went, but she didn't seem very observant. She wasn't specifically looking towards the room.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:49 pm
by ryansommer
Ron exited the bathroom as quickly and quietly as he could and followed Darnell to the generator room.

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:17 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell silently walked toward the generator room

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:14 pm
by ryansommer
Ron followed Darnell to the generator room. All the while, he took in his surroundings.

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:07 am
by Mr. Handy
In the bunkroom-
Darnell led Roy back to the barracks-like room with the bunk beds and footlockers. The open door back to the hydroponics room where they had left Heather was at the far end, on the right.
OOC,Both of you, please roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:50 pm
by ryansommer
As they move to the generator room, Ron hears something above the noise of the generator

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:20 pm
by Mr. Handy
Ron Moore,[b]Ron[/b] could hear two pairs of footsteps approaching the hydroponics room from the stairway he had used to get down here. They were moving slowly, as if they were carrying something heavy. One set of footsteps sounded smaller and lighter than the other. If he and [b]Darnell[/b] hurried, they could be back in the hydroponics room before whoever was coming got there.

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:24 pm
by ryansommer
Spoiler:
Can we hide in the barracks room, just outside the door to the hydroponics room and spy on whom ever is coming down? The goal would be to sneak up behind them as they entered the bathroom where Erica is.

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:45 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, you can try that. You'll both need to roll Hide. The base skill is 10%. Even if you fail, you still might not be seen.

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:13 pm
by ryansommer
"Darnell, someone is comming" Ron said. "Hurry, lets get to the hydro room and meet them there. Follow my lead and get ready for some action, okay?" Ron made haste to the end of the room and planned to enter the hydro room at about the same time as the others.

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:53 pm
by Mr Zombie killer

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:40 am
by Mr. Handy
In the hydroponics room-
Ron and Darnell returned from the bunkroom. Heather was still sitting where they had left her, her eyes wide and unfocused. Damon Marley and his daughter Lisa entered from the door leading back to the stairs, carrying Officer Kate Wheeler between them and struggling with her weight. Kate was no longer wearing her uniform shirt and only wore her bra above her waist. She still had her trousers on, except for the material that had been cut away to put the splint on her leg, and she wasn't wearing her belt either. Lisa was wearing it, and she also wore a bulletproof vest that was somewhat too big for her. She carried a shotgun slung over her shoulder. Damon had a submachine gun on his belt. Both of them looked drained and weary.

"There you are, Darnell," said Damon in an accusing tone. "You were supposed to be keeping an eye on Keith. How is it that he got his hands on an M-16 and gunned down my son?!"

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:32 pm
by ryansommer
"My apologies, Damon." Ron said "I was just getting acquainted with the lay out of the area and checking the defenses. We'll make sure to keep an eye on him."

Ron stood aside and let Damon and Lisa proceed to the bathroom.

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm
by ryansommer
Handy,ROn is going to let them start towards the bathroom and then fall in behind them by about 10ft.

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:30 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell muttered his apolgies and followed

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:26 am
by Mr. Handy
In the hydroponics room-
"Apologies?!" snapped Damon. "MY SON IS DEAD!" He took a deep breath and tried to calm down. "It's not your fault," he said to Ron. "You just got here, and Keith wasn't your responsibility. He was Darnell's. Ain't no more use keeping an eye on him now - he's dead too." He and Lisa carried Kate into the bunkroom. "Just leave us alone!" He kicked the door shut behind him. The sound made Heather practically jump.

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:33 pm
by ryansommer
Ron followed to the bunkroom door and opened it up and spoke to Damon "Damon," Ron said empathetically ".... I'm sorry about your son. I am."

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:43 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I think you mean [b]Damon[/b], not [b]Darnell[/b].

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:32 pm
by ryansommer
Handy,Yes I did. Thanks. I've edited my post

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:52 am
by Mr. Handy
In the bunkroom-
Damon frowned at Ron as he and Lisa set Kate down on the nearest bunk. "I said we wanted to be left alone," he growled. "Just leave and close the door behind you."

Lisa looked like she was on the verge of tears. Weakly, Kate reached out and touched her hand. "I'm sorry, too, Lisa," she said. "I didn't want any of this to happen."

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:09 pm
by ryansommer
"Damon" Ron said. "Can I have a word with you, please? In private."

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:28 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Ron[/b], please roll Fast Talk. The base skill is 5%.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:47 pm
by ryansommer
Handy,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3061998/]Fast Talk[/url]

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:10 am
by Mr. Handy
In the bunkroom-
"We'll talk later," said Damon. "First there's something important I have to find out. Leave and close the door behind you."

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:53 pm
by ryansommer
"Information?" Ron asked. "Are you talking about interogation."

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy
In the bunkroom-
"Daddy?" asked Lisa, looking up at Damon.

"I won't do anything in front of you I don't want you to see," said Damon. "I don't think that will be necessary anyway. Kate knows what's at stake, and I think she'll be cooperative."

Kate nodded. "I'll tell you whatever you want to know," she said.

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:30 pm
by ryansommer
"I learned a lot durring my time in the way" Ron said, "Getting information out of those rag heads was something I learned the most about. I KNOW I can help with this, Damon."

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:11 am
by Mr. Handy
In the bunkroom-
Kate looked away from Ron. "You don't need to do that," she said. "I already said I'd cooperate."

"I'll try it my way first," said Damon. "If I don't like what she has to say, I'll call you back in and turn you loose on her. Now back yourselves out and close the door."

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:38 pm
by ryansommer
"Fair enough" Ron said. 'One more thing. Do you have any other pairs of hand cuff to secure prisoners with?"

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:48 am
by Mr. Handy
In the bunkroom-
"The only two pairs we've got are already in use," said Damon.

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:51 pm
by ryansommer
"Okay." Ron said. "We'll need to talk about my security assesment when you're done." Ron motioned for Darnell to follow him out of the room and towards the generator room.

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:51 pm
by ryansommer
Handy,before we leave, did the bar Erica was held to look like it could be broken away from the wall?

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:27 am
by Mr. Handy
Ron Moore,It could conceivably be ripped out of the wall, but it would require a good deal of strength.
In the hydroponics room-
Darnell followed Ron out of the bunkroom. A moment later, the door was closed behind them and was locked with a click. Heather looked up briefly, then resumed staring into space.

"The door to the generator room is over here," said Darnell, pointing at the heavy metal door in the left wall. "They keep it locked, so I can't show you the inside of it, but I saw it earlier when I got the guided tour." He smiled at Heather. "Hey, babe."

"Like, hey," she droned.
OOC,[b]Ron[/b] and [b]Darnell[/b], you may roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
Trooper Erica Spears/Lisa Marley/Officer Kate Wheeler,[b]In the bunkroom-[/b] "[b]Lisa[/b], help me with her," said [b]Damon[/b]. "What are you going to do?" asked [b]Lisa[/b]. "She wanted to see her friend. I'm going to show her." [b]Damon[/b] and [b]Lisa[/b] picked up [b]Kate[/b] and carried her through the opening into the bathroom. [b]In the bathroom-[/b] [b]Damon[/b], [b]Lisa[/b], and [b]Kate[/b] were all shocked by what they saw when they entered. [b]Erica[/b] reclined in the tub, nearly naked, her hands cuffed and secured to a metal bar above her. And on the floor, in a spreading pool of water mixed with blood, lay the completely naked body of [b]Roy McCrumb[/b]. [b]Damon[/b] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3073674/]trembled slightly[/url] and glared at [b]Erica[/b]. "What happened?" he growled. "What do you think happened?!" she snapped back at him, meeting his gaze. "Your punk friend tried to rape me!" "Oh, God, [b]Erica[/b]..." said [b]Kate[/b], [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3073679/]swallowing in revulsion[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3073681/]She looked - and felt - like she wanted to throw up[/url]. [b]Lisa[/b] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3073684/]maintained her stoic demeanor[/url]. "That's what [b]Kelly[/b] was talking about earlier, at the school," she said. "[b]Roy[/b] hurt her."

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:43 pm
by ryansommer
The drone of the generator is all Ron hears as he formulates a plan.

"Ok, let's head upstairs and see if we can get the drop on the others." Ron says as he turns and begins to move quickly towards the stairs heading up. "By the way - who has the key to the generator room?"

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:37 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell said, "I dont know" He followed Ron

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 am
by Mr. Handy
In the hydroponics room-
Heather remained oblivious as Ron and Darnell left.

Ron and Darnell reached the base of the stairs that led back to the surface.
Trooper Erica Spears/Lisa Marley/Officer Kate Wheeler,[b]In the bathroom-[/b] "Did he ever hurt you?" [b]Damon[/b] asked his daughter. "No," said [b]Lisa[/b]. "I didn't even know he was like that until [b]Kelly[/b] said something today." "It's true," said [b]Kate[/b]. "[b]Kelly[/b] wouldn't come out and say it, but I could read between the lines." [b]Damon[/b] sighed. "Well," he said, "I guess he got what was coming to him, then. He was an idiot, and there's no place in my organization for idiots. If he hadn't gotten himself killed, he might have gotten us killed. All right, [b]Kate[/b], you've seen your friend. Now let's go." He and [b]Lisa[/b] carried her back to the bunkroom.

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:34 pm
by ryansommer
"We need to assess the situation" Ron said. "We can't help your mom if we get injured or killed so I am hoping to convince Damon that holding prisoners will only weaken his security here. As long as they are here, people will attempt to rescue them and they will not be safe here. If we can't convince him to let them go, then we'll have to fight our way out. You with me?"

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:24 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Ron[/b] and [b]Darnell[/b], please roll Idea.

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:15 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Darnell said, "yeah coach always have been always will be man. Your life a second father to me after all." he thought he had an idea but nothing would form.

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:44 pm
by ryansommer
"Thanks, Darnell." Ron said. "You're a great young man. I'd be proud to call you a son." As he climbed the stairs, an idea flittered around in his mind before taking root and forming.
OOC,Tied my Idea rating. Hopefully ties go to the investigator :)

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:32 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the storage room-
Ron and Darnell climbed back up the stairs and were once again on the surface. The open door led back from the storage room to the entry hall.
OOC,Rolling what you need exactly is still a success.
Ron Moore,It occurred to [b]Ron[/b] that if he convinced [b]Damon[/b] that the prisoners were too much trouble, he might simply kill them rather than let them go.
Trooper Erica Spears/Lisa Marley/Officer Kate Wheeler,[b]In the bunkroom-[/b] [b]Damon[/b] and [b]Lisa[/b] set [b]Kate[/b] down on one of the beds. "Now I have some questions for you," [b]Damon[/b] told [b]Kate[/b]. "You're going to answer them truthfully and completely. Remember that I still have [b]Erica[/b] in there and [b]Emilio[/b] upstairs. They're depending on you. First of all, how did you find us?" "[b]Tiny[/b], the [b]Lubacheks[/b]' dog," said [b]Kate[/b]. "We get [b]Lisa[/b]'s coat out of her locker, and he sniffed it and was able to track her down. He led us here." "I see. Who else knows we're here." "Nobody. We all came here together. None of us got away. Your people made sure of that." "Are you sure?" "Positive." [b]Damon[/b] grinned. "Good. That means nobody else can find us here with [b]Tiny[/b] dead. We'll be safe enough." He turned to his daughter. "[b]Lisa[/b], why don't you go hang out with [b]Heather[/b]." "Because she's an airhead?" said [b]Lisa[/b]. She mimicked [b]Heather[/b]'s voice. "[i]Totally[/i]." "Honey, I have more things to discuss with [b]Kate[/b]. Things you shouldn't have to know about." "Please don't hurt her, Daddy!" "That's up to her." "It's okay, [b]Lisa[/b]," said [b]Kate[/b]. "Go. I'll be all right." [b]Lisa[/b] sighed, then unlocked the door and left. [b]Damon[/b] closed and locked it behind her.

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:36 pm
by ryansommer
Handy,OOC: Good point. Thanks.
ROn continued upstairs to the surface.

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:16 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,You're already at the top of the stairs. Your next step is to go into the entry hall. Also, please roll Listen. I forgot to say that in my update. The base skill is 25%.

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:59 pm
by ryansommer
With the M4 casually in his hands, Ron moves into the entry hall with Darnell. The sound of his footfalls is all he can hear.

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:31 am
by Mr. Handy
In the entry hall-
Darnell didn't hear anything either as he followed Ron back into the entry hall. There was nobody in it at the moment, but the front and back entrances had been securely boarded up while they had been below. Other than the door they had come through, only the door to the main floor was currently open.
Heather Anderson/Lisa Marley,[b]In the hydroponics room-[/b] [b]Lisa[/b] walked over to [b]Heather[/b], who sat with a glazed look in her eye. "What's the matter?" she asked. "Huh?" said [b]Heather[/b], blinking. "Like, I dunno. I'm totally fine." "You're high, aren't you?" "Totally."
Trooper Erica Spears/Officer Kate Wheeler,[b]In the bunkroom-[/b] [b]Damon[/b] turned back to face [b]Kate[/b] and approached her. This time all kindness was gone from his face. He snatched the sheet from the upper bunk and ripped it into strips, which he used to bind her wrists tightly to the bed. Her pulse raced as fear threatened to overwhelm her. "What are you going to do to me?" she asked, her voice quavering. "I'm going to pay you back for killing [b]Malcolm[/b]," he snarled. "But I told you what you wanted to know!" she protested. "That's why I'm not going to kill you. But you still owe me." He gripped her broken leg, squeezing hard enough to cause pain. "Please, don't do this," [b]Kate[/b] begged through gritted teeth, thinking quickly. She looked him in the eyes imploringly. "You just said how [b]Roy[/b] was an idiot. I know you're not one." "[b]Roy[/b]'s mistake was letting someone get the drop on him while he was busy. I'm smarter than that." "I'll scream. I'll scream so loud your daughter will hear. She'll know exactly what you're doing!" But [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3095181/][b]Damon[/b]'s heart was hardened[/url]. The death of one of his men at her hands, followed by the death of his only son, had made him bitter and vengeful. He used the strips to gag her so that she couldn't make a sound. "Try screaming now, you bitch," he hissed. Then he unbuckled his belt.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:02 pm
by ryansommer
Ron puts his M4 up in the ready position and moves to the door to the main floor. Ron leaned up against the door frame and peeked his head around the corner.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:06 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the entry hall-
OOC,[b]Ron[/b] and [b]Darnell[/b] are moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point, and do not read any posts in the new thread above the one in the link. All other characters remain in the current thread.
Prisoners
Heather Anderson/Lisa Marley,[b]In the hydroponics room-[/b] "Don't you care that [b]Doug[/b], [b]Keith[/b], and [b]Roy[/b] are dead?" asked [b]Lisa[/b]. "Huh?" said [b]Heather[/b], blinking. "They are?" [b]Lisa[/b] groaned with exasperation and finished reloading her shotgun.
Trooper Erica Spears/Officer Kate Wheeler,[b]In the bathroom-[/b] [b]Erica[/b] strained at her handcuffs in vain, her heart sinking as she realized what [b]Damon[/b] was doing to [b]Kate[/b] in the other room from what she could hear. "Leave her alone!" she called, her handcuff chain clinking against the pipe. "If you want to hurt someone, try me!" [b]In the bunkroom-[/b] [b]Erica[/b]'s words [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3098154/]fell on deaf ears[/url]. "And get killed like [b]Roy[/b]?" [b]Damon[/b] shot back. "How stupid do you think I am?" Ignoring her, he gave [b]Kate[/b] his full attention. Her dread mounted as he climbed on top of her and straddled her. Her eyes filled with water when he pulled down her uniform pants over her hips, followed by her panties. She squirmed uselessly and tried to scream through her gag, the cords standing out on her neck and her arm muscles stretching taut as she pulled at her bonds. The floodgates opened when he pulled down his own pants and underpants. In her work as a police officer she had comforted rape victims before, but she hadn't truly understood what it felt like to be one and had never been able to imagine what it would feel like if it happened to her. She [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3098160/]flailed her unbroken leg at his crotch[/url], but then he drew his knife and held it to her throat. She clenched her eyelids shut against the tears and the pain, [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3098158/]bracing herself mentally[/url].

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:28 am
by Mr. Handy
In the hydroponics room-
Lisa gasped when she heard clearly what was going on on the other side of the door. "Heather!" she said. "We've got to stop him!"

"Huh?" said Heather, oblivious as usual.

Lisa rushed over to the door to the bunkroom, but she found it locked. She pounded on the door. "Daddy, don't hurt her!" she shouted, tears spilling from her eyes.

In the bunkroom-
Damon stopped when he heard his daughter on the other side of the door, mere seconds before he would have violated Kate. He pulled her panties and her pants back up, then got off the bed, pulled up his own pants, and cinched his belt. He put his knife away, went to the door, and opened it. Lisa burst in and threw her arms around his waist. "Please don't hurt Officer Kate, Daddy," she begged. "You don't want to do that. You're a good man, I know you are!"

Damon embraced his daughter. "Yes, Lisa, you're right," he said, shaking his head. "I and I are angry because she killed our Malcolm. I wanted to hurt her, but I can't do it. But I think I scared her enough that she'll behave."

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:49 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the bunkroom-
Lisa ran over to the bunk and took the gag out of Kate's mouth. "Are you okay?" she asked.

"Oh, Lisa..." said Kate, still quivering, "thank you...I'm okay...I'm okay..." She paused to take a few deep breaths. "You're a good girl, Lisa."

"I'm not in trouble for killing Keith?"

"He'd just shot your brother. For all you knew he was going to shoot you next. Nobody blames you for it, Lisa. You just keep your father in line. Don't let him...don't let his anger get the better of him."

Lisa nodded.

Damon looked out the door into the hydroponics room where Heather sat with a vacant look in her eyes. Then he noticed something missing. "Come here, girl!" he called.

Heather slowly walked into the room. "Like, what do you want?" she muttered.

"Where's your M16?"

Heather shrugged. "I dunno."

"Oh, I think you do know. Keith just used that rifle to kill my son." Damon raised his voice. "So, how did he get it from you?!"

"He must have stolen it when I wasn't looking," she said quickly. "I totally wasn't paying attention."

"Well, that's certainly true."

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:46 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the bunkroom-
"You don't get another gun," Damon told Heather. "You can't be counted on not to lose it. Now help me and Lisa move these women. We'll lock them up in an empty storage compartment down here. Start with Kate."

While Damon covered Kate with his submachine gun, Lisa untied her. She and Heather supported the policewoman as they guided her back to the hydroponics room at Damon's direction. He brought up the rear.

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:08 am
by Mr. Handy
In the hydroponics room-
Heather and Lisa helped Kate through the hydroponics room, followed by Damon. He guided them through the door to the north.

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:29 am
by Mr. Handy
Outside the storage units-
Damon led the way into a hallway lined with storage units similar to the ones on the main floor up above. He fished out a ring of keys and unlocked the padlock on one of them. He swung open the door to reveal an empty compartment. There was enough room for Kate to lie down, but not much more. He nodded to the girls, and they placed the policewoman carefully on the floor of the chamber.

"Now we go get Erica to keep you company," said Damon. He slammed the door shut and padlocked it again, leaving Kate in darkness. She began to sob uncontrollably. She was wounded with a broken leg and held captive, but she was still alive and had miraculously managed to avoid being raped - so far. But what horrors would tomorrow bring?
OOC,Congratulations on surviving Chapter 6! It will probably be a few weeks before Chapter 7 starts, but in the meantime you may continue to post. Chapter 7 will pick up the following morning. If there's anything you plan to do tonight besides sleep, let me know here.

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:13 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The story continues in the Omaha section of Chapter 7. [b]Heather[/b] and [b]Lisa[/b] are moving to the following thread.
Posse
OOC,[b]Erica[/b] and [b]Kate[/b] are moving to the following thread.
Women in Cages