IC-OMAHA-Bad to the Bone(Darnell/Keith/Brian/etc.)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Re: IC-OMAHA-Bad to the Bone(Darnell/Keith/Brian/etc.)

Post by ryansommer »

"Lead on" Ron said to Darnell.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the bathroom-
Darnell led Ron into the bathroom, where they were met with a disturbing sight. There was a row of urinals and sinks opposite a row of toilet and shower stalls. At the back was a porcelain bathtub. Reclining in the bathtub lay Erica Spears, wearing nothing but a bra. Her arms were handcuffed together and elevated, the chain looped through a metal bar attached to the wall that was meant for holding a washcloth. She watched the men as they entered, fear in her eyes. The floor was awash with pinkish water, and a naked Roy McCrumb lay in the middle of it some ten feet from the tub, stone dead. His clothes and hers were in a couple of piles in the corner, and a bloody aluminum baseball bat was leaning against a wall. Both of them recognized it as the one Roy had borrowed from the gym's equipment locker.
OOC,Both of you please roll Sanity for seeing [b]Roy[/b]'s body. Sanity loss is 0/1d3.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Ron stared at the horrific sight in front of him and resisted the urge to vomit. THe urge to march upstairs and open up on the scum bags upstairs was somewhat harder to resist but he know that time would eventually come.

He walked up to Erika and looked her over, trying to assess her wounds. He leaned into her and said quietly: "I'm here to get you out of here, ma'am. I can't do it now, but know that I will do everything I can to protect you and get you out of here."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Please don't forget to post for [b]Sally[/b]. You haven't posted for her in over two weeks.
In the bathroom-
Darnell gritted his teeth in anger, but kept his cool. "Roy!" he yelled, glaring at Erica. "What the hell happened?!"

"He was going to rape me," said Erica, glaring right back. "That's what happened!"

"No, that's a lie! Roy wouldn't do that. He didn't need to rape anyone. Girls lined up to be with him."

"That's. What. Happened." Erica turned away from him and looked at Ron. He could see that she had a severe head injury, but it had been stitched and bandaged very well. She also had a bruise on her thigh. "Thank you, but why do you think you can trust him? He's the one who clobbered me with his baseball bat back at the school!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Ron leaned in and whispered to Erika: "I am not sure that I can. I don't have a choice at this point."
Handy,Does Ron know that Darnell is the one who clobbered Erika?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the bathroom-
Erica nodded. "Please hurry," she said. "And be careful."
Rnn Moore,[b]Ron[/b] wasn't there, so he didn't see what happened, so he only knows what he's been told. He did see [b]Darnell[/b], [b]Roy[/b], and [b]Heather[/b] walk out of the meeting at the start of Chapter 5 to go take revenge on [b]Kyle[/b], and he saw [b]Erica[/b], [b]Kate[/b], and [b]Rachel[/b] follow them. From what he can gather the teenagers somehow got the upper hand and took [b]Erica[/b] hostage, then escaped in the late [b]Chuck Lubachek[/b]'s Mustang.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Turning from Erica, Ron said to Darnell: "Darnell, snap out of it. If we're going to get out of here we have to keep it together and have a plan." He looked around the room: "Erika, do you know where the handcuff keys are?"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Darnell said, "Don't you dare lie about my best friend! Why in the hell did you kill him? What would keep my from killing you now bitch?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the bathroom-
"I'm chained up," said Erica, "and you don't seem to have a conscience, so the only thing that can stop you is your friend here. I told you the truth. Do you really think I took off his clothes from here?" She rattled the handcuff chain and glanced over at Ron. "I'm sorry, I don't know where the keys are. After I got knocked out at the school, I woke up here. Ask Darnell, he probably knows."
OOC,[b]Darnell[/b] and [b]Ron[/b], please roll Idea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Ron shoulders his rifle and draws his pistol and approaches Darnell. He leans in close an stares the young man straight in the eyes and speaks to him in a furious, yet hushed tone: "You listen here Darnell and you listen good. That wound on her head is a result of you. You bashed that woman on the head and brought her here. She is suffering and being raped because of what you did. Now it's time to make things right and get her out of here. Do you understand me, son? Clearly she could or would not have taken his clothes off so we know he had some bad intentions. It is also clear that she could not have killed him being cuffed to the wall as she is. That mean someone else is on our side and my bets are on Keith who we saw coming up from here. Now let's get to work because there is no telling how much time we have. I've got shit to live for now other than getting this woman out of here. I'll die trying to do it but will make damned sure I take as many out with me as I can. Are we clear?"

Ron grabs the baseball bat and hides it in the room somewhere.

As he intensly stared ar Darnell, Ron had an idea
Last edited by ryansommer on Tue May 10, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ron Moore,[b]Erica[/b] was absolutely correct that she couldn't have taken off [b]Roy[/b]'s clothes, but it didn't seem likely that she could have killed him either considering his position some ten feet from the tub, for much the same reason. Then again, she hadn't actually said that she had killed him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Post edited above
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the bathroom-
"Luckily, he didn't get a chance to rape me," said Erica. "It was Keith who stopped him before he could. I didn't want to say anything in front of Darnell because I was worried he might try to kill him. None of the other guys here have tried anything - at least not while I was conscious - but I don't like the idea of staying around here long enough to see if they will. One of them actually bandaged my head up. His name's Wesley, and he's not as bad as the others. Don't kill him if you don't have to. I think you two had better go now. If someone finds you here, they'll think you killed Roy. Good luck."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Darnell sighed and said, "He was a good man. But today has been a strange day. Listen I will help get you out of here but I need someone to help me find my moms after we get out. Can either of you help me?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Handy,Are there any doors leading off of this room?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The only way out is the way you came in.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Darnell" Ron said "You have my word as a soldier that I WILL help you find your mother and ensure her safety. I promise. First, however, we have to get Erika out of here." Ron moved towards the exit door and peeked out looking for anyone coming. He turned back to Darnell: "See if you can find the keys on Roy's body. We will need them to get her out of here."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the bathroom-
"If you get me out of here," said Erica, "I promise I'll help you find your mother too. Keith already checked Roy's clothes. The keys aren't there. I don't know who took them."

Ron saw that nobody was coming.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Okay. We'll look elsewhere." Ron said. "Come on, Darnell, let's get out of here. Where is the generator room, Darnell?"

OOC: Is the young lady that was sitting among the pot plants looking towards the room Erica is in or is she looking another direction? What I want to know is if she saw us go in here.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Heather[/b] was just staring into space the last you saw her. She might have noticed where you went, but she didn't seem very observant. She wasn't specifically looking towards the room.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”