IC-OMAHA-Bad to the Bone(Darnell/Keith/Brian/etc.)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Bad to the Bone(Darnell/Keith/Brian/etc.)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Darnell kept running and said, "If you do not come back I will shoot you dead where you stand."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
Brian stayed beneath the tarp.

In the hydroponics room-
"Are you crazy, mon?!" called Wesley. "Don't go back up there!"

Heather shook her head as Darnell ran off to chase Keith. "Whatever," she said.

Doug and Roy carried Erica into the barracks.

In the basement entryway-
Darnell rushed out the door and into the entryway. He couldn't see Keith, but he could hear his footsteps racing up the narrow stairs.

In the storage room-
Keith reached the top of the stairs and emerged into the storage room through the open trap door. He could hear Darnell running below him, but nothing from the open door to the entry hall. The guns had finally fallen silent.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell did not wish to see Keith escape, he had no intention of being arrested by police for what he helped do in the school and he would kill if he had to. He continue to run after Keith.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Ducking down and weaving around any cover, Keith will head for the exit.
"Hey! Don't shoot, I'm unarmed."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell yelled as he ran, "He is lying he has a bomb strapped to him. Shoot him down. Kill him!"
handy fast talk success of 19,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2760063/]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2760063/[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
Brian kept his head down.

In the hydroponics room-
Wesley walked into the bunkroom, leaving the girls alone in the hydroponics room.

In the bathroom-
Roy and Doug carried unconscious Erica in from the bunkroom. There was a row of urinals and sinks opposite a row of toilet and shower stalls. At the back was a porcelain bathtub. "Let's get her chained up," said Roy.

In the storage room-
Darnell reached the top of the narrow stairs and climbed out through the open trap door. The door to the entry hall stood open, but he couldn't see Keith from here.

In the entry hall-
Keith burst in on a scene of gruesome carnage. Near the blasted open front door, he saw the bullet-riddled body of Miguel, as well as those of Malcolm and Ernie. Blood pooled on the floor, shell casings floating in it. In the other direction, he could see the corpse of Tiny as well as some shredded remains that were barely recognizable as human, and through the open back door was the body of Emily Lubachek. Also near the back door were Damon Marley and Lou King. They both bore leg wounds, but they were very much alive. Lou pointed his shotgun at Keith, and Damon aimed his Mac-11 at him.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d4+1. If you lose 5 Sanity, you must make an Idea roll. If you succeed at that, you go temporarily insane. Otherwise, you may act. Whatever else you do, please make a Spot Hidden roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell continued to run up to and then through the door. He panted but again yelled, "shoot him he said he would escape and lead the police here telling them about your drugs and hideout and gang." This time it appeared that no one would buy what he was trying to sell but maybe there was a glint of hope.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Sanity,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2763703/]Sanity 61% (1d100=76)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2763709/]Sanity loss (1d4+1=3)[/url]
"What the-- " Keith stops in his tracks. "Lou, Damon, holy shit! what a mess.
"Put those guns down--look, I'm unarmed. Do you two need help?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Keith[/b], you still need to roll Spot Hidden. You should also roll Fast Talk yourself. [b]Darnell[/b], since you went out into the entry hall, you need to roll Sanity and Spot Hidden as well. Your second Fast Talk roll doesn't help or hurt and was not necessary; only the first roll applies.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rolls,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2765753/]Spot Hidden & Fast Talk (1d100=8, 1d100=30)[/url] SH 37% FT 45%
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell saw the carnage in the area and although it caused some disgust, he had played enough video games that this was nothing to him. Looking around the area he thought he saw something. He panted, "This asshole here punched me and told me that he was going to run to the police and bring them back here to have you all arrested. He told me that he was a snitch for the police because of drug convictions. So I think we should put him in handcuffs and lock him in a room."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
Brian remained where he was, not wanting to get involved.

In the hydroponics room-
Heather pointedly ignored Lisa.

In the bathroom-
"Let's take her over to the tub," said Doug. He and Roy carried Erica over and placed her gently in the bathtub, sitting her up. Doug raised her arms up and slapped the handcuffs he had found tightly around one of her wrists. Then he slid the cuffs through a metal bar attached to the wall normally used for holding washcloths and the like before locking them around her other wrist.

"Good going," said Wesley, entering the room. "I'll treat her and wake her up, but you'd better gag her first. She's liable to scream her bloody head off."

"Leave that to me," said Roy. He grabbed Erica's panties and slid them over her hips and down her legs. Then he stuffed them in her mouth, tying the ends together behind her head.

In the entry hall-
"Nobody kills anyone without my permission," said Damon, reloading his SMG while Lou pumped shells into his shotgun. "We got enough trouble without killing each other. Maybe Keith was trying to escape - it wouldn't surprise me. I can't imagine he'd admit to being a narc if he was one, though, and I don't see any bomb. You don't look hurt either. If he was going to warn the cops, he's too late - they already know we're here. That lady cop from the school was part of that raid. She got away with one guy out the front door, but she won't get far. I shot her in the leg and broke it. If you want to make yourselves useful, we've got two choices. You can try to stop them from escaping and telling anyone else what we've got here. Try to take the cop alive if you can. We can make her tell us who else knows about this place so we know whether it's safe to stay here. Otherwise, we're going to have to evacuate in the vehicles, 'cause we won't be able to stay here. You'd have to go back down and tell the others to all come up. Keith, you're not going outside unless Darnell goes with you, but you can go back downstairs."

Keith and Darnell got a good look around the entry hall. Near the front door, a shotgun lay discarded. Malcolm's dead corpse clutched a sniper rifle, and Ernie had been holding a revolver. Also there was the body of Miguel, a Glock 9mm in his hand. Near the back door, an M4 carbine was among the grisly remains. Both of them could barely tell that the lead-riddled corpse had once been LaTanya Washington.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Okay, Damon. You gotta get that cop--dead or alive."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell said, "I do not trust you Keith." He pulled his pistol and said, "If you go anywhere with me i am going with you and if you make one false move you will get shot. So where do you wish to go?"
occ,Since Darnell cannot tell the body is Latanya do I have to react in any way?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,But [b]Darnell[/b] can tell - barely. Both of you are able to recognize what's left of her. You're free to react however you like, as you passed your Sanity roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"For God's sake, Darnell, take it easy with that pistol--I ain't runnin' away. Anyways, Damon said I have to stay put, but you feel free to chase after that cop."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell nodded and looked slowly at the remains of his girlfriend. He looked up at Damon and said, "I will go with you if someone makes sure that Keith goes back downstairs. Afterwards we will talk about you killing my girl and the father of my baby, I know she came at you so its her fault but we will talk understand?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Damon[/b] didn't kill the father of [b]Darnell[/b]'s baby, as [b]Darnell[/b] is still alive. :P Now, he didn't kill the father of [b]LaTanya[/b]'s baby, either, as that may be [b]Darnell[/b], or it may be [b]Kyle Rogers[/b], who was locked up in the school the last he heard. He did, however, kill the baby when he killed [b]LaTanya[/b].
On the main floor-
Brian stayed put.

In the hydroponics room-
Lisa waited and worried.

In the bathroom-
Wesley stopped the bleeding from Erica's scalp wound and stitched it up with impressive skill. He only repaired a moderate amount of damage, but he was lucky he could do that much.

Erica gradually regained consciousness - and at once she wished she hadn't. Her head still throbbed with pain, and her vision swam. It slowly resolved itself, and what she saw frightened her even more. She was in unfamiliar surroundings, reclining in a bathtub in some kind of large communal bathroom. Leaning over her was an unfamiliar Jamaican-looking man with dreadlocks, along with Doug Marley and Roy McCrumb. She tried to move, but found that her arms were restrained somehow above her head. Tilting her head back, she saw handcuffs around her wrists, securing her to a metal bar above. When she looked back down, she saw to her horror that she was nearly naked. Her clothes were gone, and she was wearing only her bra. She crossed her legs and tried to scream, but something stuffed in her mouth muffled her.

"Easy there, girl," said the man. "I'm not gonna hurt you. It's okay, I'm a doctor. Now let's get you cleaned up while I work on you." He turned on the taps and the tub began to fill with water.

In the entry hall-
"I'm not going anywhere with my leg like this, mon," said Damon. "Yeah, we'll talk later. I'll make sure Keith goes downstairs. Lou, you go with Darnell." Lou and Darnell went out the front door. "Keith, go back down and send Wesley up to look at my leg."

Outside the warehouse-
Darnell and Lou emerged from the warehouse with their weapons ready. They found themselves on the street outside, which appeared deserted. To the west was an intersection with another street heading north and south. To the east was another warehouse, and between them was an alley leading behind the warehouses. Much further east was an intersection with another street. It didn't seem likely that someone with a broken leg could have gotten very far, even with help.
OOC,[b]Darnell[/b], roll Track if you want to try to determine which way they went. The base skill is 10%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Sure thing, boss." Keith hurries downstairs.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell tried to track where the police had gone but had no luck. "I cannot see anything. You have a clue?"

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”