IC-OMAHA-Bad to the Bone(Darnell/Keith/Brian/etc.)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Bad to the Bone(Darnell/Keith/Brian/etc.)

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Ron[/b], please roll Fast Talk. The base skill is 5%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

Handy,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3061998/]Fast Talk[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the bunkroom-
"We'll talk later," said Damon. "First there's something important I have to find out. Leave and close the door behind you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Information?" Ron asked. "Are you talking about interogation."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the bunkroom-
"Daddy?" asked Lisa, looking up at Damon.

"I won't do anything in front of you I don't want you to see," said Damon. "I don't think that will be necessary anyway. Kate knows what's at stake, and I think she'll be cooperative."

Kate nodded. "I'll tell you whatever you want to know," she said.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"I learned a lot durring my time in the way" Ron said, "Getting information out of those rag heads was something I learned the most about. I KNOW I can help with this, Damon."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the bunkroom-
Kate looked away from Ron. "You don't need to do that," she said. "I already said I'd cooperate."

"I'll try it my way first," said Damon. "If I don't like what she has to say, I'll call you back in and turn you loose on her. Now back yourselves out and close the door."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Fair enough" Ron said. 'One more thing. Do you have any other pairs of hand cuff to secure prisoners with?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the bunkroom-
"The only two pairs we've got are already in use," said Damon.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Okay." Ron said. "We'll need to talk about my security assesment when you're done." Ron motioned for Darnell to follow him out of the room and towards the generator room.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Handy,before we leave, did the bar Erica was held to look like it could be broken away from the wall?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ron Moore,It could conceivably be ripped out of the wall, but it would require a good deal of strength.
In the hydroponics room-
Darnell followed Ron out of the bunkroom. A moment later, the door was closed behind them and was locked with a click. Heather looked up briefly, then resumed staring into space.

"The door to the generator room is over here," said Darnell, pointing at the heavy metal door in the left wall. "They keep it locked, so I can't show you the inside of it, but I saw it earlier when I got the guided tour." He smiled at Heather. "Hey, babe."

"Like, hey," she droned.
OOC,[b]Ron[/b] and [b]Darnell[/b], you may roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
Trooper Erica Spears/Lisa Marley/Officer Kate Wheeler,[b]In the bunkroom-[/b] "[b]Lisa[/b], help me with her," said [b]Damon[/b]. "What are you going to do?" asked [b]Lisa[/b]. "She wanted to see her friend. I'm going to show her." [b]Damon[/b] and [b]Lisa[/b] picked up [b]Kate[/b] and carried her through the opening into the bathroom. [b]In the bathroom-[/b] [b]Damon[/b], [b]Lisa[/b], and [b]Kate[/b] were all shocked by what they saw when they entered. [b]Erica[/b] reclined in the tub, nearly naked, her hands cuffed and secured to a metal bar above her. And on the floor, in a spreading pool of water mixed with blood, lay the completely naked body of [b]Roy McCrumb[/b]. [b]Damon[/b] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3073674/]trembled slightly[/url] and glared at [b]Erica[/b]. "What happened?" he growled. "What do you think happened?!" she snapped back at him, meeting his gaze. "Your punk friend tried to rape me!" "Oh, God, [b]Erica[/b]..." said [b]Kate[/b], [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3073679/]swallowing in revulsion[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3073681/]She looked - and felt - like she wanted to throw up[/url]. [b]Lisa[/b] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3073684/]maintained her stoic demeanor[/url]. "That's what [b]Kelly[/b] was talking about earlier, at the school," she said. "[b]Roy[/b] hurt her."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

The drone of the generator is all Ron hears as he formulates a plan.

"Ok, let's head upstairs and see if we can get the drop on the others." Ron says as he turns and begins to move quickly towards the stairs heading up. "By the way - who has the key to the generator room?"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Darnell said, "I dont know" He followed Ron
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the hydroponics room-
Heather remained oblivious as Ron and Darnell left.

In the basement entryway-
Ron and Darnell reached the base of the stairs that led back to the surface.
Trooper Erica Spears/Lisa Marley/Officer Kate Wheeler,[b]In the bathroom-[/b] "Did he ever hurt you?" [b]Damon[/b] asked his daughter. "No," said [b]Lisa[/b]. "I didn't even know he was like that until [b]Kelly[/b] said something today." "It's true," said [b]Kate[/b]. "[b]Kelly[/b] wouldn't come out and say it, but I could read between the lines." [b]Damon[/b] sighed. "Well," he said, "I guess he got what was coming to him, then. He was an idiot, and there's no place in my organization for idiots. If he hadn't gotten himself killed, he might have gotten us killed. All right, [b]Kate[/b], you've seen your friend. Now let's go." He and [b]Lisa[/b] carried her back to the bunkroom.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"We need to assess the situation" Ron said. "We can't help your mom if we get injured or killed so I am hoping to convince Damon that holding prisoners will only weaken his security here. As long as they are here, people will attempt to rescue them and they will not be safe here. If we can't convince him to let them go, then we'll have to fight our way out. You with me?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Ron[/b] and [b]Darnell[/b], please roll Idea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Darnell said, "yeah coach always have been always will be man. Your life a second father to me after all." he thought he had an idea but nothing would form.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Thanks, Darnell." Ron said. "You're a great young man. I'd be proud to call you a son." As he climbed the stairs, an idea flittered around in his mind before taking root and forming.
OOC,Tied my Idea rating. Hopefully ties go to the investigator :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the storage room-
Ron and Darnell climbed back up the stairs and were once again on the surface. The open door led back from the storage room to the entry hall.
OOC,Rolling what you need exactly is still a success.
Ron Moore,It occurred to [b]Ron[/b] that if he convinced [b]Damon[/b] that the prisoners were too much trouble, he might simply kill them rather than let them go.
Trooper Erica Spears/Lisa Marley/Officer Kate Wheeler,[b]In the bunkroom-[/b] [b]Damon[/b] and [b]Lisa[/b] set [b]Kate[/b] down on one of the beds. "Now I have some questions for you," [b]Damon[/b] told [b]Kate[/b]. "You're going to answer them truthfully and completely. Remember that I still have [b]Erica[/b] in there and [b]Emilio[/b] upstairs. They're depending on you. First of all, how did you find us?" "[b]Tiny[/b], the [b]Lubacheks[/b]' dog," said [b]Kate[/b]. "We get [b]Lisa[/b]'s coat out of her locker, and he sniffed it and was able to track her down. He led us here." "I see. Who else knows we're here." "Nobody. We all came here together. None of us got away. Your people made sure of that." "Are you sure?" "Positive." [b]Damon[/b] grinned. "Good. That means nobody else can find us here with [b]Tiny[/b] dead. We'll be safe enough." He turned to his daughter. "[b]Lisa[/b], why don't you go hang out with [b]Heather[/b]." "Because she's an airhead?" said [b]Lisa[/b]. She mimicked [b]Heather[/b]'s voice. "[i]Totally[/i]." "Honey, I have more things to discuss with [b]Kate[/b]. Things you shouldn't have to know about." "Please don't hurt her, Daddy!" "That's up to her." "It's okay, [b]Lisa[/b]," said [b]Kate[/b]. "Go. I'll be all right." [b]Lisa[/b] sighed, then unlocked the door and left. [b]Damon[/b] closed and locked it behind her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”