IC-OMAHA-Bad to the Bone(Darnell/Keith/Brian/etc.)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Bad to the Bone(Darnell/Keith/Brian/etc.)

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Keith[/b], roll Sneak. Even if you fail, he might not hear you - especially with the water running. Also, keep in mind that you need both hands if you actually want to swing the bat or parry with it. Large Club has a base skill of 25% (just like with Knife), and the bat does 1d8+db damage. Unlike the knife, it does not impale. [b]Roy[/b] is badly hurt, so one hit from either weapon will have a good chance to bring him down.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2832881/]Sneak 40% (1d100=48)[/url]
Keith leaves the bat alone and creeps up on Roy.
ooc,Keith's Fist/Punch is 60%--would a success incapacitate Roy?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the hydroponics room-
Wesley, Lisa, and Doug left the hydroponics room for the basement entryway, leaving Heather alone.

On the main floor-
Brian Stevenson,"Yo, [b]Brian[/b]!" called [b]Damon[/b] from the entry hall. "Open up one of the garage bay doors!" [b]Brian[/b] paused in his repairs and did as he was told. As he opened the door, he heard a single gunshot from outside.
In the bathroom-
Keith waited until Roy finished undressing before slowly creeping into the room, his knife in one hand. Roy approached the tub, grinning.

"Mph!" cried Erica through her gag, kicking furiously and splashing water all around. "Mph!"

"Relax, baby," said Roy, touching her cheek. "I'm not gonna hurt you." He was about to climb into the tub with her when he heard something and turned around. "What do you want?" he asked Keith.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], if you want to attack [b]Roy[/b], you no longer have surprise, so he will be able to defend himself. A punch may do enough damage to incapacitate [b]Roy[/b] by itself, and if you make it a knockout attempt there is an even better chance. However, he can parry by rolling against his own Fist/Punch skill, not to mention his ability to Dodge. If you attack with the knife or the bat, the base skill level is only 25%, but he will not get to parry. He could still Dodge, however.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"What do you want?"
"You!"
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2838284/]Punch (1d100=89)[/url]; miss!
Keith swings his fist with a rage that has been festering ever since he was forced to join with the gang. Unfortunately, he is so angry that he misses Roy.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the basement entryway-
Wesley led his group back upstairs.

In the hydroponics room-
Heather sat down and began to root through her backpack.

On the main floor-
Brian Stevenson,[b]Lou King[/b] hurried in from the entry hall. "I and I'll take care of it, mon," he said, clutching some keys. "Keep working on the Mustang. I need to take the VW out." [b]Brian[/b] nodded and went back to work, staying out of his way.
In the bathroom-
Roy's face contorted with rage. "You are so dead, you pathetic little twerp!" he roared, pulling back his own hammy fist to strike. Erica lashed out at him with her leg, but she couldn't reach him from the bathtub. Though Roy was powerful, he wasn't very accurate. His punch whiffed past Keith on the right.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], it's your turn. [b]Roy[/b] cannot try to Dodge since he attacked, but he can try to parry.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2844330/]2nd punch (1d100=49)[/url] (60%).
Keith punches again.

"You-- you-- thick meat-head!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the storage room-
Wesley led his group back to the entry hall.

In the entry hall-
Doug Marley and Lisa Marley,[b]Doug[/b] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2852372/]did a double take[/url] when he saw the carnage, [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2852376/]sickened[/url] by the deaths of some of his father's friends and people he knew from school. "Dad!" cried [b]Lisa[/b] when she saw [b]Damon Marley[/b]'s leg wound. Then she saw the corpses, but [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2852378/]she was numb to the shock[/url]. "I and I will be fine, princess," said [b]Damon[/b]. "Now that [b]Wesley[/b]'s here, he can dig the bullet out. [b]Doug[/b], I need you to go with [b]Lou[/b] and [b]Darnell[/b]. That cop and one of her friends got away, but not for long."
On the main floor-
Brian Stevenson,While [b]Brian[/b] worked, [b]Lou[/b] got into the minibus and started the engine.
In the bathroom-
Roy blocked Keith's punch with his own fists. Then he pulled back his arm to take another swing. Erica tried to kick Roy again, but she pulled a muscle. The pain paralyzed her, and she couldn't move.

Roy grinned savagely and tried to maul Keith, but he slipped on the wet floor and fell on his butt.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], it's your turn to attack again. [b]Roy[/b] can still defend himself, but he cannot attack next round.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2852904/]3rd Punch 60% (1d100=57)[/url]
Keith grunts.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
Doug Marley and Lisa Marley,[b]Wesley[/b] took one look at [b]Damon[/b]'s leg and whistled. "That's shot up pretty bad, mon," he said. "[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2864104/]I don't think even I can do much for it[/url]." [b]Lisa[/b] began to cry. "I want to help, Daddy," she said, "but [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2864107/]I don't know what to do[/url]." "You just stay here with me, sweetheart," said [b]Damon[/b]. He tried to extract the bullet from his leg again, but [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2864110/]he couldn't get a grip on it[/url]. "[b]Doug[/b], go with [b]Lou[/b] and hunt down that cop." "I'm on it, Dad," said [b]Doug[/b], hurrying into the main floor.
On the main floor-
Doug Marley and Brian Stevenson,[b]Lou King[/b] waved for [b]Doug[/b] to follow him out through the open garage door as he drove outside. [b]Brian[/b] continued working.
In the bathroom-
Roy rolled aside, avoiding Keith's fist. He glared at Keith, more furious than ever. He was now out of reach of Erica's leg.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], it's your turn again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2871884/]4th Punch 60% (1d100=46)[/url]
"Hey! Hey! Try this one."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
Lisa Marley,[b]Wesley[/b] sat down and [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2876403/]got to work on [b]Damon[/b][/url], extracting the bullet and [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2876404/]starting to sew him up well[/url]. "Don't worry, [b]Lisa[/b]," he said. "Your dad's going to be just fine."
On the main floor-
Doug Marley and Brian Stevenon,[b]Doug[/b] heard [b]Lou[/b] honk his horn as he raced outside. [b]Brian[/b] ignored the commotion and kept repairing the Mustang.
In the bathroom-
Roy read Keith's intentions and brought up his arm to block the blow. Then he surged to his feet and took a swing, his fist breezing past Keith's face.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], it's your turn again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2898122/]5th punch 60% (1d100=3)[/url]
Keith punches again. He throws a beauty at Roy, it is like one of Rocky Balboa's finest.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
Lisa Marley,[b]Lisa[/b] sat down beside her father and hugged him while [b]Wesley[/b] sewed him up.
On the main floor-
Brian Stevenson,[b]Brian[/b] kept himself busy, focusing on his work to keep from thinking about what had just happened here - or what might happen next.
Outside the warehouse-
Doug Marley,[b]Doug[/b] rushed outside and saw [b]Lou[/b] in the driver's seat of the VW minibus in the driveway. "Get in, mon!" called [b]Lou[/b]. "I don't know where [b]Darnell[/b] and the coach are, but we can't waste any more time. I need you to help me track down that cop. The others too, if you can." "Sure," said [b]Doug[/b], slipping into the shotgun seat, "but [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2915577/]I have no idea which way they went[/url]." "Me neither," said [b]Lou[/b]. "We'll start by going north. That's where the coach said they went. Of course, he could be lying." He pulled out and drove away.
In the bathroom-
Keith's blow finally got through Roy's defenses, and it was a doozy. He was struck very hard in the groin and collapsed to the bathroom floor, bleeding to death.

"Mmm!" called Erica through her gag, looking at Keith imploringly with her eyes. She strained at the handcuffs, but they kept her securely chained to the metal bar embedded in the wall. The tub was overflowing, water flooding out all over the place.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith almost yelps with triumph, but tries to keep calm--he's not free yet. He rushes over to Erica, pulls the plug out of the bath and turns off the tap; next, he pulls down the gag.

"Listen, Ms pilot, we're gonna escape from this hole back to the school. You're my golden ticket and you'll vouch for me if the school's head or the cops want to string me up, okay? Now, where's the keys to your cuffs?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the bathroom-
"Thank you," gasped Erica. "If we make it out of this, of course I'll tell them how you saved me. I don't know where the keys are; I woke up chained up here after Darnell and Heather clobbered me. You might want to check my clothes - and Roy's." She glanced over at the piles of clothing on the bathroom floor.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith searches the clothing.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
Lisa Marley,"Yo, [b]Brian[/b]!" [b]Damon[/b] called out. "Close the garage door and then come in here. I need you to barricade the front and back doors. The car can wait. I don't like leaving these entrances wide open. We'll use the garage to go in and out."
On the main floor-
Brian Stevenson,"Yo, [b]Brian[/b]!" [b]Damon[/b] called out from the entry hall. "Close the garage door and then come in here. I need you to barricade the front and back doors. The car can wait. I don't like leaving these entrances wide open. We'll use the garage to go in and out." [b]Brian[/b] did as he was told, securing the garage door before gathering his tools and returning to the entry hall.
In the street-
Doug Marley,[b]Lou[/b] drove north for a block and stopped at the intersection. "They could have gone anywhere from here," he said. "If they even went this way. Maybe the coach was lying. But if he was, how will we find them?" "[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2918645/]I think I know[/url]," said [b]Doug[/b]. "I bet they headed back to the school. It's about a mile south of here. We should head that way and find a nearby vantage point, then ambush them when they get close. They can't be moving too fast." "Yeah, let's do that," said [b]Lou[/b]. He turned left, then left again. Half a mile later, they saw [b]Emilio Montoya[/b] standing in the middle of the street with his shotgun ready. [b]Kate Wheeler[/b] was gripping her Glock, leaning against a nearby car. [b]Lou[/b] stopped about fifty yards away from the mechanic.
In the bathroom-
Keith searched the piles of clothing, but there was no sign of any handcuff keys. The only things of interest he could find were three baseballs in Roy's pockets and the aluminum baseball bat leaning against the wall. Perhaps someone else had taken the key. He could possibly pick the lock, but it wouldn't be easy.

Roy stopped breathing. His corpse lay in a bloody heap on the wet floor.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], roll Sanity for killing [b]Roy[/b]. Sanity loss is 0/1d4. If you want to try to pick the lock, roll Locksmith.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2929257/]Sanity roll for killing Roy (1d100=5)[/url]
Keith chuckles nastily as he searches Roy's lifeless body.

"You son-of-a-bitch, I fetched you a good one, he-he!"

He returns to Erica.

"No keys for the cuffs, of course. Hold tight, I'll see what I can find--a bolt cutter or something."

Keith will exit the bathroom.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
Lisa Marley and Brian Stevenson,[b]Wesley[/b] kept working on [b]Damon[/b] and was now close to halfway done. He looked up when [b]Brian[/b] entered. "Ah, good," he said. "You can find wood, a hammer, and nails in that storeroom." He pointed out a door. "It's not locked." "I'm on it, boss," said [b]Brian[/b]. He went into the storeroom and got the tools and supplies he needed for the job.
In the street-
Doug Marley,[b]Emilio[/b] stood where he was, aiming his shotgun at the VW. "Stay in the bus and slip behind the wheel when I get out," [b]Lou[/b] told [b]Doug[/b]. "We're out of pistol range anyway, and I aim to keep it that way. Once I take care of this punk with the shotgun, the lady cop is all ours." [b]Doug[/b] nodded. [b]Lou[/b] got out, and then [b]Doug[/b] slid over. [b]Lou[/b] pointed his shotgun at [b]Emilio[/b]. "Drop your weapons and we won't kill you!" he called.
In the bathroom-
"Please hurry..." said Erica as Keith left.

In the barracks-
Keith made his way through the barracks. Through the open door leading back to the hydroponics room, he could see Heather sitting down with a glazed look in her eyes.
OOC,[b]Roy[/b] had already taken off all his clothes, so you weren't actually searching his body.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Hey, what's the matter, Heather?"

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”