IC-OMAHA-Bad to the Bone(Darnell/Keith/Brian/etc.)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-OMAHA-Bad to the Bone(Darnell/Keith/Brian/etc.)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 6:10 PM Central Time - Marley Warehouse, Omaha, Nebraska
On the main floor-
Brian Stevenson had introduced himself to Damon Marley, his daughter Lisa, and Keith Stewart when they had returned. Damon had told him that he could work on the Mustang under Ernie's supervision, and the two of them had been busy working on it for almost fifteen minutes. Meanwhile, Wesley had been continuing to treat Roy's injured ribs, doing an admirable job. "It's not much, mon," said the sawbones, "but that's as good as it's gonna get. Keith, you're up next. I'll be done in a minute."

While they had been doing this, Doug had gone to fetch some food and drinks for everyone. Then he went over to a pile of clothes on the floor at the back, near the row of closed storage compartments. He took the Kevlar vest that was on top of the pile and put it on underneath his shirt. He also searched through the pile and found a pair of handcuffs and a key for them in a pouch on a belt, which he hung from his belt and put in his pocket, respectively. Darnell and Heather returned from downstairs to find the others eating dinner. They noticed the new mechanic working on the Mustang. They hadn't seen him before, and his pale skin indicated that he wasn't part of the Jamaican posse - or at least that he hadn't been until recentlly.
OOC,Everyone, please roll Listen on 1d100. The base skill is 25% if it's not listed on your character sheet. Also, [b]Brian[/b], please roll Mechanical Repair to see if you've made any progress. It will still take several hours to fully repair the car.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Bad to the Bone(Darnell/Keith/Brian/etc.)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Darnell kissed Heather and said, "Thanks baby, maybe we can do that again later?" He spied the others eating and said, "Hey wheres mine?"

Darnell was so busy doing this that he did not hear anything.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2685389/]Listen (1d100=98)[/url]
Meanwhile, Wesley had been continuing to treat Roy's injured ribs, doing an admirable job. "It's not much, mon," said the sawbones, "but that's as good as it's gonna get. Keith, you're up next. I'll be done in a minute."
"'Up next', what for?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
"Yeah, that would be totally cool," said Heather.

"Help yourselves," said Damon, handing out dinner.

"Look at yourself, mon," Wesley said to Keith. "You're banged up pretty bad." He finished the last of Roy's stitches. "Okay, you're all set. I wouldn't go playing football any time soon, but it'll do for now. Your turn, Keith."

"Thanks, doc," said Roy. He paused and cocked an ear. "Did anyone hear that? Sounded like a dog barking outside."

"Aw, poor doggie," said Lisa. "It's probably hungry because there's nobody around to feed it."

Brian was making excellent progress in his repairs, and Damon was very impressed with him. Ernie was doing a fantastic job as well. Working together, they would have the Mustang fully repaired and restored within just a few hours.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell smacked Heather on the ass, grinned, and then dug into his meal.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Look at yourself, mon," Wesley said to Keith. "You're banged up pretty bad." He finished the last of Roy's stitches. "Okay, you're all set. I wouldn't go playing football any time soon, but it'll do for now. Your turn, Keith."
"Yeah, I guess you're right--didn't realise I was so badly hurt."
"Aw, poor doggie," said Lisa. "It's probably hungry because there's nobody around to feed it."
"I luv animals. Let it inside."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell said, "Wait a minute. We did not see a dog or cat on the way here and now suddenly there is one? It could be a zombie animal. I love animals too but lets look out the window first as it could be a trap by the fuzz as well."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
"The only window looking out the front is in the door," said Damon. "Malcolm, Lou, check it out."

"We're on it boss," said Malcolm as he and Lou entered the hallway leading to the entrance. There was a knock on the front door right afterwards.

Wesley bandaged Keith's injuries, relieving a lot of his pain. "Give me about another ten minutes and I can give you a full exam, maybe patch you up a little more," he said to Keith.
OOC,Everyone, roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

The sounds inside the room where Darnell was at were too loud to allow him to hear anything in the hallway.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2702279/]Listen (1d100=100)[/url]
Wesley bandaged Keith's injuries, relieving a lot of his pain. "Give me about another ten minutes and I can give you a full exam, maybe patch you up a little more," he said to Keith.
"Thanks."
There was a knock on the front door right afterwards.
"Huh?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,With that roll, [b]Keith[/b] didn't even hear the knock on the door! :lol:
On the main floor-
Roy couldn't hear what was going on at the front door, and neither could Doug nor Brian. Heather was almost able to make out the conversation, but not quite.

Lisa, however, heard quite well. "Dad!" she hissed. "That lady cop from the school is at the front door: Kate Wheeler."

"Let's go get her, then," said Roy.

"I doubt she came alone," said Damon. "No, let's get all you kids below and cover up the entrance. Bring Erica with you too. If they're looking for her, they'll never find her here."

"Looks like further treatment will have to wait," said Wesley, gathering his medical supplies. "I'll come downstairs with you." He unlocked one of the storage compartments. Roy opened it and reached inside, trying to pick something up, but he couldn't manage it by himself with his injuries. Doug helped him, and the two of them carried out an unconscious beautiful woman with auburn hair. She was wearing only her underwear, and she was badly beaten and bruised. Blood still dripped from her wounded scalp.

"Don't forget her clothes," said Damon, picking up the boots and other clothes. "Can't let anyone find them here."

Brian ignored the situation and continued working on the car. None of my business, he thought.

Everyone but Keith heard the door slam. A moment later, Malcolm and Lou returned.

"Like, come on, kid," said Heather. She took Lisa's hand and hurried into the hall.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell followed and said to Heather, "Want a quick fuck while we are down here?"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Lisa, however, heard quite well. "Dad!" she hissed. "That lady cop from the school is at the front door: Kate Wheeler."
"I gotta see this. Damon, Roy, Iet me hide nearby--c'mon--I want that cop to join our other prisoner."
Keith guffaws at his idea.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
Roy chuckled. "Yeah, I'd like to get my hands on her," he said.

There was another knock on the front door, louder this time.

"Don't be a fool, mon," said Damon. "If they see you kids here, we're all in for it. Get below now. Wesley, watch the dripping blood. It'll lead 'em right to us."

"What about the Mustang, boss?" asked Ernie. "If they find that, they'll know."

"If anyone gets inside, throw a tarp over it. It's too big to hide well and that's the best we can do. Otherwise, you and Brian keep working on it. You're making good time. Malcolm, guard the front door. Lou, you got the back. Cover up the stairs after we all go down."

Wesley pressed some gauze onto Erica's head wound to keep the blood from dripping. He walked with Roy and Doug while they carried her into the hall. Damon followed and motioned for Keith to come with him. Malcolm and Lou also entered the hall.

In the entry hall-
"Like, maybe," said Heather to Darnell.

Lisa just shook her head. "Get a room, you two," she said. "Just don't do anything gross in front of me."

"Oh, you're just so totally jealous that you don't have a boyfriend." Heather pulled Lisa into the storage room containing the stairs leading down.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith follows Damon, obediantly and without any questions.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

darnell smiled and said, "Its the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
A shotgun blast rang out from in front of the warehouse, and the front door shuddered. "Go!" hissed Damon, shoving the pile of clothes into Wesley's arms and pushing him and Darnell into the storeroom with the stairway leading down before unslinging his MAC-11 submachine gun. Roy and Doug carried Erica into the storeroom too. A second blast struck the door and nearly knocked it off its hinges. One of the hinges snapped, leaving the door at an awkward angle. At the same time, a burst of automatic gunfire hit the back door and sent it flying open. On the other side, Keith could see Emily Lubachek and Tiny. Lou King was already positioned facing them with his shotgun ready and he fired, filling the ceiling with buckshot. Tiny sprang through the open door and pounced on the man, ripping his leg out from under him. Somehow, he managed to stay on his feet.

Damon raised his MAC-11. He drilled Emily Lubachek with a single shot. The bullet tore into her left shoulder and sent her spinning to the ground, stone dead. LaTanya darted in, snatching up Emily's M4 and ducking behind cover. Tiny hadn't particularly cared when Chuck had been smashed to a pulp, but Emily's death affected him. He growled with rage. Even Damon winced, but not too much.

Keith was in the middle of the hall when the shooting started. Ernie emerged from the main floor, gun in hand, to join him. "Get downstairs, fast," he said.

On the main floor-
Ernie drew his gun when the gunfire erupted. "Cover the car with the tarp and get yourself under it too," he said, hurrying out into the hall. Brian did as he was told.

In the storage room-
After Darnell, Wesley, and the others entered the storage room, Heather and Lisa began to descend the stairs to the secret area below.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Handy,is Darnell in the fight or is he fleeing. was not clear up in post
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It wasn't clear from your last post what you were doing, so I presumed you were continuing to follow [b]Heather[/b]. Right now you're in the storage room and not in the fight. If you want to get into the fight, you can spend this turn's action moving back to the hall. If you want to get away, you can go down the stairs. It's up to you.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

ooc,oh ok.
Darnell continued to follow Heather down the stairs and away from the action as he did not see it worth his while to fight something that he had no stake in.

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”