Page 1 of 1

IC-GOLD-Boys' Night In(All other male characters)

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:59 am
by Mr. Handy
Z-Day - 10:30 PM Mountain Time - Warren Air Force Base, west of Cheyenne, Wyoming
In the men's isolation ward-
Captain Nils Johansen and his staff kept an eye on things in the men's ward. Aided by Lt. Oscar Gomez, Senior Airman Tom Wu, Airman Gary Simpson, and Airman Marcus Winters, he had been looking after their male patients: Robert, Senior Airman Roger Coltrane, and Keith Deeds. At 4:00 PM, Major Jesse Stone and his Security Forces, all of them in orange Racal suits, had entered the clinic and swept it. Stone took command and acted with brutal efficiency. Kowalski had received two bullets in the brain at his direct order. Senior Airman Tom Wu had been lucky that he hadn't been shot out of hand when he had been found cowering in a closet. Everyone had been separated by gender and taken to the appropriate ward. Anyone without an intact Racal suit had been forced to strip, hosed down, and issued flimsy hospital gowns. Their clothing had been taken away and burned, as had all of the bodies. It had taken hours to get the place cleaned and secured. Now the quarantine clinic was surrounded by razor wire, which encircled the parking lot. Within the wire there were two rings of Claymores: one facing outward to prevent any hostiles from gaining entry, and an inner ring directed inwards to prevent anyone from escaping into the base proper. The snipers on the roof all had orders to shoot anyone attempting to break quarantine on sight.

The last several hours had passed peacefully, though the men had still been extremely busy, with only a short break to eat dinner. The time had been taken up by excessive medical tests and psychological screenings ordered by Major Stone. Coltrane had failed all of the psych tests and was still babbling about aliens. Now they finally had a moment to relax.

Re: IC-GOLD-Boys' Night In(All other male characters)

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:23 pm
by ryansommer
Keith sat patiently and did as instructed while in the men's ward. "Captain, any word on if or when we'll be cleared and able to earn our keep around here?"

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:33 pm
by kouchpotato
Captain Johansen shrugs. No idea. I don't have a radio anymore, maybe Captain Kelleher could ask?'
OOC,I assume that I don't have a radio anyhow, due to my Racal suit being taken away.

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:00 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Your suit was taken and destroyed since it has been breached, but you do have a radio headset.

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:08 am
by Mr. Handy
An annoucnement came in on everyone's radios: "This is Major Stone," said the major. "Attention all personnel. A helicopter carrying civilians is going to be landing on the roof soon. Prepare to process them and take them into quarantine. They will all need to be screened thoroughly."

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:06 am
by Mr. Handy
"SIr, we'd better get ready for the new arrivals," said Lt. Gomez to Captain Johansen.

"New arrivals?" asked Robert. "It'll be nice to see some fresh faces here. No offense, guys."

"I'll get to work making them protective headgear," said Coltrane, tearing off a sheet of aluminum foil. "Do you know how many there will be, sir?"
OOC,Why isn't anyone posting?

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:19 am
by kouchpotato
Captain Johansen nods to Lt. Gomez. Yes, everyone prepare for the new arrivals. I will be unable to screen them, so Kelleher will have to handle that. Any non infected with injuries can be sent to me and the nurses for treatment. Everyone understand?

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:38 pm
by ryansommer
"Can we get on with the exams?" Keith asked. "I'd really like to get cleared so I can help."

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:30 am
by Mr. Handy
"Your wound acting up, sir?" asked Lt. Gomez. "If they do this like before, we'll be handling the men while the female staff process the women. We'll need you at least for the psych tests, sir, as well as for your medical skills. Other than you, it's just me and Airman Winters for the men." He turned to Keith. "We've completed all the tests on you, sir. Now we just need to keep you for observation. It'll be at least overnight, but I can't be sure how long they'll want you to stay here before you're cleared for active duty, especially with that head wound. While you're here, maybe you could help with the processing. Do you have any medical skills?"

Major Stone spoke over everyone's radios: "This is Stone. The helicopter sent to pick up the survivors appears to have crashed outside the gates. It will take longer for them to get here, but when they do arrive you'll need to be prepared to receive casualties."

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:36 pm
by ryansommer
"Sorry, Lt., I do not have any medical skills. I am a former Marine and a hell of mechanic, but I ain't to good a repairing people." Keith said.

Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:02 am
by kouchpotato
Captain Johansen shakes his head. Can't risk the infection, once they're cleared I can do whatever tests are necessary.

Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:32 am
by Mr. Handy
"All right, sir," said Lt. Gomez. "I'll take charge of the men, then." He nodded to Keith. "A mechanic can be damn useful too, sir. If there's anything around here that we need you for, we'll let you know. We'd better get to the intake area. Anyone willing to help out?"

"I know a little first aid," said Robert. "I'll do my best."

"Yes, sir," said Coltrane, picking up his stack of foil skullcaps and the roll of aluminum foil.

"You can count on me too, sir," said Simpson.

"Ready, sir," said Winters.

"Then let's go," said Lt. Gomez. He led the way through the double doors into the operating theater.

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:09 pm
by ryansommer
"Sure. I'll do what I can" Keith said. "Better than sitting around here doing nothing"

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:22 am
by kouchpotato
Captain Johansen nodded to the men as they left. Good luck, radio me when they've been cleared.

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:21 am
by Mr. Handy
"Thank you, sir," said Lt. Gomez. "Will do."

Everyone but Captain Johansen and Senior Airman Tom Wu left through the double doors to the operating theater. "Anything you need me to do, sir?" asked Tom.
OOC,Everyone except [b]Captain Nils Johansen[/b] and [b]Senior Airman Tom Wu[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. Those of you heading to the new thread, please stop reading the current thread at this point.
Prepare for the Worst

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:23 am
by kouchpotato
Captain Johansen shakes his head. Just get ready for the worst, Airman Wu. It seems to happen a lot around here.

Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:50 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Yes, sir," said Senior Airman Wu glumly. "So I'm being demoted, then?"

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:18 pm
by kouchpotato
Captain Johansen shakes his head to clear his thoughts. Sorry, Senior Airman, just a bit distracted.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:20 am
by Mr. Handy
"Thank you, sir," said Tom Wu with obvious relief. "I thought after how I reacted earlier..."

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:48 am
by kouchpotato
Captain Johansen nods reassuringly.This has been a really messed up situation, Senior Airman. The whole day has been stressful, I mean, nobody expected the damn dead to come back and try to kill us.

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:15 am
by Mr. Handy
"You've got that right, sir," said Tom Wu.

Gary Simpson entered from the OR and saluted. "Just passing through, sir," he said. "I need to hook up hoses from the shower room and run them through to the intake area."

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:53 am
by kouchpotato
Captain Johansen returns the salute. Any word on the survivors yet?

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:37 am
by Mr. Handy
"I don't know any more than you do, sir," said Gary Simpson. "I was hoping you could tell me. If you'll excuse me, I need to get to work. Be back in a couple minutes." With that, he left through the north exit and headed to the shower room.

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:35 am
by Mr. Handy
Off in the distance, a howitzer barked.

In the shower room-
Gary Simpson hooked up the hoses, the sound of the distant explosion startling him.

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:53 am
by kouchpotato
Captain Johansen turns towards the source of the sound. Hmm, hope that took out a few of those infected, eh.

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:45 am
by Mr. Handy
In the shower room-
Simpson walked back, laying out the hoses behind him.

"Yeah," said Tom Wu.

As Simpson returned, there was a distant explosion.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:08 am
by kouchpotato
Captain Johansen frowns. He radios Carmichael. This is Captain Johansen, I'm hearing explosions. Sounds like arty... how is the situation with the new arrivals?

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:13 am
by Mr. Handy
"This is Major Stone," Captain Johansen heard the major report on the same channel. "That explosion was the crashed helicopter going up. The Randall Road gates appear to have been destroyed. Sergeant Major Crew seems to have passed out."

"Thank you, Major," replied Carmichael. "Captain, the howitzer fired a starshell earlier to illuminate the area outside the gates so that the infected could be seen. Major Stone just reported the cause of the explosion now. We're getting another report in from the gates themselves. The entire squad of SFs stationed there was killed in the blast except for their sergeant. They're bringing the civilians inside the base perimeter now. It will be a little while before they can arrive at the clinic."

Simpson returned to the OR.

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:24 am
by kouchpotato
Captain Johansen radios. Thank you sir.

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:35 am
by Mr. Handy
In the operating theater-
Simpson returned to the intake area.
OOC,[b]Gary Simpson[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. His player, if there ever is another one, should stop reading the current thread at this point and may not read any posts above the one in the link.
Prepare for the Worst

"Colonel, is everything alright? Your last transmission was broken," Captain Johansen heard Captain Kelleher say on the same frequency.

"The helicopter that had been sent to pick up the civilians crashed outside the gates and exploded," replied Carmichael. "The gates were destroyed in the blast and a squad of SFs was wiped out except for their sergeant. The civilians are being brought inside and we're sending a rapid response team to hold the position. We're fine here, just busy as hell. How are things over at your location, Captains?"

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:36 am
by kouchpotato
Captain Johansen radios. Everything is fine, we're preparing for the influx of wounded. Any ideas on numbers?

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:29 am
by Mr. Handy
"Roger that," replied Captain Kelleher over the radio.

"We still don't know if anyone even survived the crash," said Lt. Colonel Carmichael, "but it only had a crew of two. There may also be injuries among the civilians. I've deployed a rapid response team to the gates, and they should arrive there shortly. Once they do, the Strykers that are transporting them there will then bring the civilians and any survivors of the crash to the clinic."

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:40 am
by Mr. Handy
"I hope this goes better than the last time we let civilians in," said Tom Wu. "It's a wonder they're doing it again after that."

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:15 am
by kouchpotato
Captain Johansen nods his head in agreement. We can't leave them to die but... I can see what you mean.

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:54 am
by Mr. Handy
"Attention all personnel," said Major Stone over the radio. "The civilians should be arriving within a few minutes, along with one survivor from the helicopter crew."

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy
"Roger that, Major Stone....." said Captain Claire Kelleher on the radio, pausing briefly. "Sir, with the outer perimeter comprimised the infected have a straight line to this compound. Do we have any personnel free to patrol and reinforce the barricades on the ground floor?"

"We have snipers on the roof and SFs patrolling the wire around the clinic," replied Major Stone. "All available personnel are already assigned to that duty. We also have the Claymores even if something were to get through that. And there's a lot of stuff between the gates and the clinic that any infected would go after first. Besides, the gates in question are at the rear of the base, away from the city. The only infected that showed up were the ones chasing the civilians, and they've already been eliminated. There's nothing to worry about, Captain."

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:07 am
by kouchpotato
Captain Johansen mentally prepares himself to face more casualties.

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:28 am
by Mr. Handy
"The civilians and the survivor from the helicopter crash have just arrived in the parking lot," reported Major Stone on the radio.

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:54 am
by kouchpotato
Keep me updated.

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:43 am
by Mr. Handy
"Will do, Captain," replied Major Stone. "Stone out."

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:03 am
by kouchpotato
Captain Johansen sighed deeply. Nothing left to do but wait.

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:30 pm
by ryansommer
Keith waited with the others for the new arrivals.

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:56 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Keith[/b] is not in this thread. He is in Fresh Blood, in the intake area. He can react to the people coming in.

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:44 am
by Mr. Handy
"I don't see why you couldn't go to the intake area if you wanted, sir," said Tom Wu. "You could always keep your distance from the civilians if you're concerned about the spread of infection."

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:34 am
by kouchpotato
Good idea, Senior Airman. Let's go. Captain Johansen goes to the intake area.

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:43 am
by Mr. Handy
Tom Wu shuffled his feet as he followed the captain. Me and my big mouth, he thought. Still, it could be worse. At least we're not being attacked...yet.

In the operating theater-
Captain Johansen and Senior Airman Wu entered the OR through the swinging double doors. The room was deserted. Everyone was in the intake area.

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:56 am
by kouchpotato
Captain Johansen checks if his weapon was ready and if the room is ready to receive patients. Nothing to do but wait.

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:35 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,So you're not going into the intake area? The plan is for the patients to be decontaminated and screened there before being sent to the men's and women's wards. Patients would only be brought to the OR for emergency surgery, but it doesn't seem that anyone was hurt that badly.

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:42 am
by kouchpotato
OOC,My bad I thought we were already there.
Captain Johansen moves to the intake room. Follow me.

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:45 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below. Please do not read any posts above the one in the link.
Fresh Blood