IC-GOLD-Boys' Night In(All other male characters)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-GOLD-Boys' Night In(All other male characters)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 10:30 PM Mountain Time - Warren Air Force Base, west of Cheyenne, Wyoming
In the men's isolation ward-
Captain Nils Johansen and his staff kept an eye on things in the men's ward. Aided by Lt. Oscar Gomez, Senior Airman Tom Wu, Airman Gary Simpson, and Airman Marcus Winters, he had been looking after their male patients: Robert, Senior Airman Roger Coltrane, and Keith Deeds. At 4:00 PM, Major Jesse Stone and his Security Forces, all of them in orange Racal suits, had entered the clinic and swept it. Stone took command and acted with brutal efficiency. Kowalski had received two bullets in the brain at his direct order. Senior Airman Tom Wu had been lucky that he hadn't been shot out of hand when he had been found cowering in a closet. Everyone had been separated by gender and taken to the appropriate ward. Anyone without an intact Racal suit had been forced to strip, hosed down, and issued flimsy hospital gowns. Their clothing had been taken away and burned, as had all of the bodies. It had taken hours to get the place cleaned and secured. Now the quarantine clinic was surrounded by razor wire, which encircled the parking lot. Within the wire there were two rings of Claymores: one facing outward to prevent any hostiles from gaining entry, and an inner ring directed inwards to prevent anyone from escaping into the base proper. The snipers on the roof all had orders to shoot anyone attempting to break quarantine on sight.

The last several hours had passed peacefully, though the men had still been extremely busy, with only a short break to eat dinner. The time had been taken up by excessive medical tests and psychological screenings ordered by Major Stone. Coltrane had failed all of the psych tests and was still babbling about aliens. Now they finally had a moment to relax.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Re: IC-GOLD-Boys' Night In(All other male characters)

Post by ryansommer »

Keith sat patiently and did as instructed while in the men's ward. "Captain, any word on if or when we'll be cleared and able to earn our keep around here?"
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen shrugs. No idea. I don't have a radio anymore, maybe Captain Kelleher could ask?'
OOC,I assume that I don't have a radio anyhow, due to my Racal suit being taken away.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Your suit was taken and destroyed since it has been breached, but you do have a radio headset.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

An annoucnement came in on everyone's radios: "This is Major Stone," said the major. "Attention all personnel. A helicopter carrying civilians is going to be landing on the roof soon. Prepare to process them and take them into quarantine. They will all need to be screened thoroughly."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"SIr, we'd better get ready for the new arrivals," said Lt. Gomez to Captain Johansen.

"New arrivals?" asked Robert. "It'll be nice to see some fresh faces here. No offense, guys."

"I'll get to work making them protective headgear," said Coltrane, tearing off a sheet of aluminum foil. "Do you know how many there will be, sir?"
OOC,Why isn't anyone posting?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen nods to Lt. Gomez. Yes, everyone prepare for the new arrivals. I will be unable to screen them, so Kelleher will have to handle that. Any non infected with injuries can be sent to me and the nurses for treatment. Everyone understand?
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Can we get on with the exams?" Keith asked. "I'd really like to get cleared so I can help."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Your wound acting up, sir?" asked Lt. Gomez. "If they do this like before, we'll be handling the men while the female staff process the women. We'll need you at least for the psych tests, sir, as well as for your medical skills. Other than you, it's just me and Airman Winters for the men." He turned to Keith. "We've completed all the tests on you, sir. Now we just need to keep you for observation. It'll be at least overnight, but I can't be sure how long they'll want you to stay here before you're cleared for active duty, especially with that head wound. While you're here, maybe you could help with the processing. Do you have any medical skills?"

Major Stone spoke over everyone's radios: "This is Stone. The helicopter sent to pick up the survivors appears to have crashed outside the gates. It will take longer for them to get here, but when they do arrive you'll need to be prepared to receive casualties."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Sorry, Lt., I do not have any medical skills. I am a former Marine and a hell of mechanic, but I ain't to good a repairing people." Keith said.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen shakes his head. Can't risk the infection, once they're cleared I can do whatever tests are necessary.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All right, sir," said Lt. Gomez. "I'll take charge of the men, then." He nodded to Keith. "A mechanic can be damn useful too, sir. If there's anything around here that we need you for, we'll let you know. We'd better get to the intake area. Anyone willing to help out?"

"I know a little first aid," said Robert. "I'll do my best."

"Yes, sir," said Coltrane, picking up his stack of foil skullcaps and the roll of aluminum foil.

"You can count on me too, sir," said Simpson.

"Ready, sir," said Winters.

"Then let's go," said Lt. Gomez. He led the way through the double doors into the operating theater.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Sure. I'll do what I can" Keith said. "Better than sitting around here doing nothing"
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen nodded to the men as they left. Good luck, radio me when they've been cleared.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, sir," said Lt. Gomez. "Will do."

Everyone but Captain Johansen and Senior Airman Tom Wu left through the double doors to the operating theater. "Anything you need me to do, sir?" asked Tom.
OOC,Everyone except [b]Captain Nils Johansen[/b] and [b]Senior Airman Tom Wu[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. Those of you heading to the new thread, please stop reading the current thread at this point.
Prepare for the Worst
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen shakes his head. Just get ready for the worst, Airman Wu. It seems to happen a lot around here.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, sir," said Senior Airman Wu glumly. "So I'm being demoted, then?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen shakes his head to clear his thoughts. Sorry, Senior Airman, just a bit distracted.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, sir," said Tom Wu with obvious relief. "I thought after how I reacted earlier..."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen nods reassuringly.This has been a really messed up situation, Senior Airman. The whole day has been stressful, I mean, nobody expected the damn dead to come back and try to kill us.

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”