IC-GOLD-Ladies' Night(All other female characters)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Ladies' Night(All other female characters)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Spoiler:
occ,
Sorry I got busy again. I am really trying to get back into this game but life keeps taking over. What if anything is there to do for my character?
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You've got some down time now, and there's nothing you really need to do. You may participate in the conversation if you wish. Otherwise, you might not have anything essential to do until the end of the chapter, though it's possible something will happen that could involve you later.
In the women's isolation ward-
"I don't think that's such a hot idea," said Claire. "Traveling to some lake somewhere will be dangerous, and crossing it won't exactly be easy either. You'll have water, yes, but what will you do for food? You and your friends won't be much of a drain on the base's resources. We have thousands of people here, and a dozen or so more won't add much strain, especially considering the value we get from what you can all do for us. We need people, especially people with relatively level heads. You and Emily might be the most important additions to our personnel we've had all day. Besides, who says the dead can't cross the lake to an island if they detect you there? They're dead, so they don't need to breathe. They could just walk into the lake and along the bottom until they reach you. You told us about that plane that crashed into the lake at the airfield. Everyone who died in that crash, if their bodies weren't destroyed and they weren't trapped in the wreckage, could have gotten out and walked right over to the airfield on the lake bed. I also don't think the powers that be are going to give you any supplies if you decide to leave. You'll be able to take whatever you brought here, whatever wasn't government property, but that just leaves you with whatever stuff and vehicles you brought with you. And if things go south for you, they'll never let you back in. It was hard enough to get them to allow you in once."

Lauren leaned out of her alcove. "But our pickup truck flipped over not far from the base," she said. "That only leaves the Escalade, and that won't hold everyone. But I don't want to leave this place. We just got here, and I think we'll be safe here. Once all this blows over and the government gets things back to normal, it'll all be fine."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

Emily perked up from her bed where she rested: "And what about those worms you mentioned? Will they not eventuially find us here at the base? Once they do, it sounds like they will set about destroying this place and scattering us to the winds for the walkers to feast on. We really should prepare a plan B. Get vehicles serviced and prepared to leave if we need to. Fill them with supplies and ammunition in the event we have to flee quickly. If we don't we'll be in a world of hurt if we need to bug out..... well, more of a world of hurt than we already are in."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Yes, look at the cities. They had lots of supplies and manpower. Once... So if not an island, a mountain would do just as fine. Somewhere the worms can´t get through. And a mountain is easier to defend, should we find somewhere with some kind of bottle-neck defence. Then the issue would be supplies. But I´ll take defence over a full stomach any day. " She gets out of the bed and excuses herself. "Got to go."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We already have an evacuation plan in place and ready to go in the event that the base is about to be overrun," said Claire. "It would be foolish not to. If any giant worm creature digs its way in under us, we have the firepower to deal with it here."

"If the creature wasn't unique," said Zorie, "others would have attacked the base already if they intended to do so. I don't think they want to die any more than we do, though. That doesn't mean they won't try to undermine us some other way, of course."

"I don't know that mountains would be safe either," said Rebecca. "What if they can get through them? If you're off by yourselves and it turns out you guessed wrong, you'd be sitting ducks. The only safe place is in the air."

Barbara helped Kathryn up. "I'll show you to the bathroom," she said. guiding her through the ward. "This way." She led her through the doors at the end of the ward away from the OR.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Okay, good" said Emily. "Sounds like you guys have thought of everything."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Melinda close her eyes to see if she can sleep a little.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat looks at the ladies around her. "I´d like a pen and something to write on. To make a list of unknown variables. Pros an cons to different plans of action. Then I´ll be able to sleep, knowing I´ve done what I can." She adds. "I see your points and we probably are safer here - right now -then anywhere else. It´s the what happens then, which bothers me."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That we can do," said Claire. "We'll have it for you when you get back from the bathroom."

Barbara led Kathryn through the doors and into a hallway. They went through one of the doors.

In the ladies' room-
The bathroom where Barbara had led Kathryn was antiseptic and sterile. The walls and floor were white, and it was kept spotlessly clean. There were toilet stalls, sinks, and showers.

"Do you want to talk?" asked Barbara. "Or would you rather I step out in the hall and give you some privacy?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"No, it´s alright." Kat says and goes inside one of the stalls. Her stomach turns but it´s a false alarm. Some kind of reaction to the current situation. It´s bad, something is really bad. Even if she´s intellectually coping with everything - her body is protesting. She sits down and waits for nature to take its course.

When she´s finished she feells that the knot in her stomach has easened up. Guess I´ll be able to sleep after all.
She washes her hands and leaves with Barbara. "I feel better now, thanks-"
TVblog

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily lays back down and tries to get some sleep.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm glad," said Barbara with a smile. She led Kathryn back to the ward, where Claire had a notepad and pen ready for her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Returning to the ward, Kat receives the pad and pen from Claire and says, "Thanks Claire, now I guess I´ll get something to ease my thoughts with. It´s easier to rest if one is able to know one has done all there is to do on a subject. Even if one only is fooling oneself..." She gets in bed and sits with her back against the wall, the pillow propped up behind her back and starts sketching." She nods to Barbara as thanks for her help.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Making some sketches and doodling make Kat feel how tired she is, both mentally and physically. Before soon she falls asleep without any real idea of what to make of her situation. The sleep will sharpen her wits and progress will come with a clearer mind.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat dreams of being chased by faceless bodies with claws at the end of their arms. Always waiting for her when she opens a door or runs around a corner. The situation seems very real, not much unlike what she faces when awake. In the end she finds herself along with old and new friends on top of a huge building. As far as she can see over the desert plains, walkers close in on the tall building. From above she hears the thumping of helicopter rotors.

Then she´s back in the bunk once more.
Spoiler:
4K!
TVblog

MLKane
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by MLKane »

Jessica gave her M4 a once over again, checking all the moving parts were able to move freely without sticking, the routine actions unconciously comforting her, a beacon of normality in the strange new world. She clicked the selector safe and stowed the gun under her bunk, ready for her to grab in case of trouble but out of the way of the rest of the women. She then repeated the checking process with her Berreta, but instead of stowing the gun she made sure that it was ready to fire if she needed it and slid it under her pillow. Then she kicked off her boots, stripped down to her underwear and climbed into the bunk, curling up into a ball facing the wall as she tried to get some sleep.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Sara began to snore
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Melinda awakes after some time.
-Did I miss anything?
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Sara continued to snore loudly.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Amanda turned her head; sleep had apparently eluded her so far. "Kathryn had some ideas for what we can do," she told Melinda, who was in the alcove next to hers, "but she's sleeping now. We can discuss them with her in the morning. She really needs her rest after what she's been through. That poor, brave girl..."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”