IC-GOLD-Ladies' Night(All other female characters)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-GOLD-Ladies' Night(All other female characters)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 10:30 PM Mountain Time - Warren Air Force Base, west of Cheyenne, Wyoming
In the women's isolation ward-
Captain Claire Kelleher and her staff kept an eye on things in the women's ward. Aided by Lt. Sara Evans, Lt. Barbara Ellison, Technical Sergeant Jessica Valdez, Airman Catherine Rourke, and Zorie Spooner, she had been looking after their female patients: Beth, Lt. Rebecca Doolittle, Amanda Deeds, Lisa Crow, and Melinda Christie. At 4:00 PM, Major Jesse Stone and his Security Forces, all of them in orange Racal suits, had entered the clinic and swept it. Stone took command and acted with brutal efficiency. Kowalski had received two bullets in the brain at his direct order. Senior Airman Tom Wu had been lucky that he hadn't been shot out of hand when he had been found cowering in a closet. Everyone had been separated by gender and taken to the appropriate ward. Anyone without an intact Racal suit had been forced to strip, hosed down, and issued flimsy hospital gowns. Their clothing had been taken away and burned, as had all of the bodies. It had taken hours to get the place cleaned and secured. Now the quarantine clinic was surrounded by razor wire, which encircled the parking lot. Within the wire there were two rings of Claymores: one facing outward to prevent any hostiles from gaining entry, and an inner ring directed inwards to prevent anyone from escaping into the base proper. The snipers on the roof all had orders to shoot anyone attempting to break quarantine on sight.

The last several hours had passed peacefully, though the women had still been extremely busy, with only a short break to eat dinner. The time had been taken up by excessive medical tests and psychological screenings ordered by Major Stone. Now they finally had a moment to relax.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Ladies' Night(all other female characters)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Lt Sara Evans sat down next to Amanda Deeds and Lisa Crow and said, "Tell me abit about your self please?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Ladies' Night(All other female characters)

Post by Steerpike »

Sgt Valdez decides to do a check of her weapons, cleaning them and doing a check on the ammunition she is carrying. Anything to keep her mind busy...ordinary military routine is the best for this.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

-They don't seem to learn, do they?- says Melinda in a sad tone to Amanda and Lisa.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, Sara," said Amanda, "I'm a nurse too. I was in Vietnam. That's where I met Clarence, God rest his soul. He died trying to protect us and everyone at that motel in Nebraska that the Air Force was trying to hold down." She sighed. "He ran our motorcycle club, the Rough Riders. Most of us are current or former military."

"I'm not," said Lisa. "I'm just a cocktail waitress and motorcycle saleswoman. My boyfriend was one of the Rough Riders too, Clarence's son from a previous marriage. He also died at the motel."

Amanda nodded, tears in her eyes. "I considered him to be my own son. I do still have Keith, thank God. And Melinda." She squeezed Melinda's hand. "No, sweetie, they don't learn. They say there are three ways to do things: the right way, the wrong way, and the Army way. I guess the Air Force way is pretty similar."

"I don't like that Major Stone," said Beth, frowning, "not one bit."

An annoucnement came in on everyone's radios: "This is Major Stone," said the major. "Attention all personnel. A helicopter carrying civilians is going to be landing on the roof soon. Prepare to process them and take them into quarantine. They will all need to be screened thoroughly."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Okay, ladies," said Captain Kelleher. "We've got some new survivors arriving soon, and we need to make sure we're ready for them. They're coming from outside the base. They may be injured. They will also need to be processed and screened thoroughly."

"That's not going to be fun for them," said Lisa with a shudder. "That was a terrible experience."

"I'm sorry, ma'am," said Captain Kelleher. "Those were Major Stone's orders. I'm hoping we don't have to use the hose again. If there are only a handful of people, maybe he'll let them just take a regular shower."

"I'm amazed they're letting anyone in at all after what happened earlier, ma'am," said Lt. Ellison.
OOC,Why isn't anyone posting?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Sara Evens stood up and said, "Ladies I need volunteers to help with processing and screening. Who is with me?"
Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Steerpike »

"What is the ROE for this one capt, considering what recently happened...any precautions you want taken?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Do you think we should volunteer? Or step away to get ready if something gets wrong again?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think we should help however we can," said Amanda. "i volunteer to help out. I have decades of experience as a nurse. Anything you need, you can count on me."

"Thank you, ma'am," said Lt. Barbara Ellison. "I'm sure you'll be a great help. I'm ready, Captain. I know I'll be needed for the psychological screening, as well as for my medical skills."

"I'm a medical researcher," said Zorie Spooner, "but I'm sure there's something I can do."

"Thank you all," said Captain Kelleher. "If this goes like before, we'll be separating all of the new arrivals by gender, so we'll handle the women's intake. The civilians will all be disarmed before being admitted to the clinic, but we can't be sure there won't be trouble. Treat them with respect, but be ready in case something happens. Make sure your weapons are within reach and fully loaded at all times."

Major Stone spoke over everyone's radios: "This is Stone. The helicopter sent to pick up the survivors appears to have crashed outside the gates. It will take longer for them to get here, but when they do arrive you'll need to be prepared to receive casualties."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Steerpike »

Sgt Valdez acknowledges the message from Major Stone and readies her weapon, selector on safe...for now
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Sara said, "Everyone who is going to help line up here. The rest of you stay here until ordered to go someplace else."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Amanda, Lisa, Beth, Zorie, Lt. Ellison, and Airman Catherine Rourke lined up. "I'm ready to help however I can," said Catherine. "Besides, anything's better than being cooped up here."

"Okay," said Captain Kelleher. "Let's all head to the intake area and prepare." She led the way through the double doors into the operating room.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Ok, I'l going to help too. -Says Melinda.
Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Steerpike »

Valdez shoulders her rifle and then follows the group into the Ops room
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Sara followed
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Everyone but Lt. Rebecca Doolittle left through the double doors to the operating theater.
OOC,Everyone except [b]Lt. Rebecca Doolittle[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. Those of you heading to the new thread, please stop reading the current thread at this point.
Prepare for the Worst
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Rebecca climbed into her bed and curled up. She was exhausted after the day's events, so she figured she might as well try to get some sleep while she could.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Captain Claire Kelleher led all of the women through the operating room on the other side of the double doors and then through another set of swinging double doors on the right to the women's ward. There were eight curtained alcoves in a row, as well as several cots lining the hall that went through the ward. Each alcove had an empty bed, except for one where the curtains were drawn. That was presumably occupied by Lt. Rebecca Doolittle. "We don't have enough alcoves for everyone," said Claire. "Civilians get them first, and priority goes to those who are injured."

Sara pulled aside the curtain of the occupied alcove and gently shook the woman lying on the cot awake. She was also wearing a hospital gown, and she was tall and attractive. "Rebecca," Sara said quietly, "I'm sorry, but we need to move you to a cot. Several more civilians have been admitted, and there isn't enough alcove space for everyone."

Rebecca yawned as she stood up. "What time is it?" she asked.

"It's about 2315 hours. Still plenty of time to get more rest."

"Miss Spooner," said Claire, "you're definitely getting an alcove. You're still badly hurt from that fall you took on your way here."

"I won't argue with you," said Zorie.

She nodded to Kathryn, Emily, Lauren, and Cynthia. "You four can have alcoves too. Most of you were hurt on your way here, and you've all been on the road longer than everyone else." She pointed to Amanda Deeds, Lisa Crow, and Melinda Christie. "The three of you can have the remaining alcoves. I'm sorry, Beth, but you'll have to take a cot with the rest of us. We simply weren't expecting to have to accommodate so many patients, and we don't have any more room."

"That's okay," said Beth, sitting down on a cot.

"You're all free to go to sleep when you want or talk quietly with each other. I and my staff are here for anything you need. We can bring you some rations if you're hungry and water if you're thirsty. We'll wake you up at 0600 - that's 6:00 AM to civilians - and then serve breakfast in the cafeteria."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-I'm almost waiting that there are cameras and this was all a reality show to see our reactions.- says Melinda

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”