IC-GOLD-Eagle's Nest(RSM Raymond Crew only)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

MLKane
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Eagle's Nest(RSM Raymond Crew only)

Post by MLKane »

"I'll take first stag sir" Raymond said to Major Stone, saluting his and shouldering his rifle, trying to appear smart to counteract his earlier uselessness in combat.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
"First stag?" asked Major Stone. "Is that what they say in the RAF to refer to first shift? In that case, carry on, Sergeant Major. There are six of us up here, so we'll work in pairs. Senior Airman van Horn, you take first watch with him."

"Yes, sir," said Susan van Horn.

"Smith, Wesson, you've got the middle watch. We'll say that's from 0100 to 0300 hours. Then Dickenson and I wil take last watch until 0500. The rest of us might as well get some shuteye. Sergeant Major, wake me if there's anything that requires my attention."

The rest of the snipers and Major Stone lay down on the sleeping bags they had brought and went to sleep, leaving van Horn and Crew on watch. Time passed, and it was about 11:30 PM now. Susan van Horn looked around alertly, but she hadn't said anything.
OOC,Nothing is going to happen for a while yet, and it's quite possible nothing will happen for the rest of the chapter. You are free to talk to [b]Susan van Horn[/b] if you like.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
MLKane
Layman
Layman

Post by MLKane »

OOC,Yeah I gathered, I'm just posting to keep in the habit, and yeah stag is British Forces slang, sort for [b]S[/b]tanding[b] T[/b]all [b]A[/b]t [b]G[/b]ate. I'm gonna try and pepper my rping with some proper army jargon, if you're confused by anything but think you character should know it then look it up [url=http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/ARRSEPedia_Intro]here[/url]. :)
Crew paced the rooftop for a short while, keeping one eye on the area around the quarentine zone, although he could have practically done this stag with his eyes closed. He'd taken watch so many times, right through from his cadet exercises to his time in the field, that it was almost instincive for him. He looked over at the Senior Airman, and supposing that they had to do something to pass the time he wandered over and sat down next to her. "It's been pretty intense today hasn't it?" he remarked, looking out towards the gates.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
"You can say that again," she replied.
OOC,[b]Raymond Crew[/b], you may roll Spot Hidden if you wish. The base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
MLKane
Layman
Layman

Post by MLKane »

OOC,failed lol [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3079836/[/url]
Crew smiled and looked out to from his position again, laying his rifle flat on the roof until he needed it. "Some things don't change at least, officers still spend most of their time flailing around for nothing" Crew said, indicating where the Major lay with his head, "god forbid they actually get something right eh?" he said jokingly, smiling and looking over to Susan.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Crew couldn't make out many details in the area of the gates, but he had heard on the radio that engineers had been sent to build a barricade where the gates had once stood, before the exploding helicopter had destroyed them.

Susan smirked and glanced back at the major, then returned her attention to her rifle scope. "You never know," she said quietly. "He might still be able to hear you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
MLKane
Layman
Layman

Post by MLKane »

Crew ran his hand through his greying hair, making another scan of the area ahead of him before turning back to Susan. "If he's got any sense then he'll be grabbing what sleep he can while he can, and if he hasn't then I'm too good at my job for him to kick me out, even if he had that authority and it was viable under these circumstances." He grinned, and tapped his Sergeant Major's pauldrons knowingly "I haven't lasted this long as an NCO without learning a few things. If you don't want to be dicked over by the officers, you make yourself essential to them, that way you get a reputation for being indespensible. Then when your officer bollocks up and tries to scapegoat you, the CO who has to review the mess is more likely to believe your report than theirs."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
"Good advice," said Susan with a smile. "I'm good at what I do, but I don't know if I'm that good. Still, after today, anyone who's a damn good shot with a rifle is going to be in pretty high demand. I guess as long as I don't screw up really badly I'll be all right."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Congratulations on surviving Chapter 6! It will probably be one or two weeks before Chapter 7 starts, but in the meantime you may continue to post. Chapter 7 will pick up the following morning. If there's anything you plan to do tonight besides sleep, let me know here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The story continues in the Gold section of Chapter 7, found on the link below.
Nerve Center
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”