IC-GOLD-Home Stretch(Kat/Emily/Ho/Cynthia/Derek/Billy/etc.)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Re: IC-GOLD-Home Stretch(Kat/Emily/Ho/Cynthia/Derek/Billy/etc.)

Post by ryansommer »

Emily grabs Lauren, hugs her and turns her away from the unpleseantries going on behind them.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Inside the gates-
Hector Salazar leveled his shotgun at the head of one of the corpses and fired, barely missing. Alfredo shot it an instant later, blowing its brains out. Duncan took aim at another one with his revolver, putting two bullets in its head that did plenty of damage. Even Cynthia nervously shot at one of the bodies' heads with her shotgun, hitting and obliterating it. Harvey shot at one, the one Kathryn had wounded, with his little .32 automatic. His first shot was on target, and it did enough damage that he didn't need to fire again. Joey plugged the last one, finishing it off with a couple of shots.

Lauren looked away from the shooting and embraced her mother, pressing her face into her shoulder.

Derek Morrison started to approach Sergeant O'Neill, but the other sergeant held up his hand. "Don't come any closer," he said. "We can't risk the spread of infection. You'll have to wait there with the others. You can hold onto your weapons, Sergeant, but the rest of you are going to have to put them down. Please place them on the ground and step away from them. The rapid response team should be here any minute, and they might get the wrong idea if they see you armed."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat lays down her weapons on the ground before her. "Be sure to bring those back, we pretty sure will need them later." She says and takes off her helmet and shakes her hair free from tangles. She even unbelts the straps of the kevlar vest and leaves it open. With the job done, she can afford some respite.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Fair, enough" Emily said giving Lauren one more squeeze.
"Sgt. O'neil, is it?" she said turning towards the man. "I am Emily Montrose. It's a pleasure to meet you and thank you for helping us."
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Post by Misfit »

Derek, stopped and nodded, "I understand, the name is Morrison".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Inside the gates-
Kathryn could see some of the men checking her out when she took off her helmet and loosened her vest. Hector and Duncan were ogling her, but Alfredo and Joey gave her more admiring looks. Harvey glanced at her before looking shyly away. Kyle was paying more attention to Lauren than to her.

"Those weapons look military issue, ma'am," Sergeant O'Neill said to Kathryn. Though he maintained military discipline, he obviously noticed her. "The armor definitely is. Anything that's military property will go to the stores, but anything that's yours you'll get back once you're cleared. We'll be sure catalog everything. Once you're given a duty assignment, you may be issued equipment depending on what that assignment is." He smiled at Emily. "Pleased to meet you, Ms. Montrose, but I'm only doing my duty. You'll have to lay your weapons down too, by the way." He nodded back at Derek. "Glad you survived the crash, Morrison. My name's O'Neill. We'll see about getting you into another crew once you get a clean bill of health, but for now you'll have to go into quarantine."

"I'm AIrman Cassie Reynolds," said the short female driver. "You've already met Reverend Billy Roberts here." She motioned to the old man in the Racal suit.

Lauren placed her rifle on the ground along with the ammo she carried, the bag with her late father's golf clubs, and her knives. "Don't worry, Kyle," she said. "They'll give us back your dad's rifle."

"Okey-dokey," said Kyle. He followed suit and laid down his M4, rifle magazines, and shotgun shells.

Cynthia placed her shotgun, shells, and knife on the ground.

The roar of engines came from the south and got steadily louder. Two Stryker APCs were approaching the area in front of the destroyed gates. "Oh, good," said O'Neill. "The reinforcements are here, and if I'm not mistaken, your ride to the clinic. The rest of you should put down your weapons now. Ammo and armor too."

"Do we really gotta give up our guns?" asked Hector with a frown.

"Yeah, we do," said Joey. "Just cooperate with the Air Force." He put his own pistol and magazines down. The rest of the guys with him did likewise with their weapons.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

EMily complied and put down all of the weapons she had on her. She moved towards Lauren and Kyle and grabbed their hands. He heart swooned at the possibility that they may finally be safe. She and her kids had made it. "We made it" she said to them softly as a tear rolled down her cheek.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat lets the kevlar down on the ground as well as the 9 clips of reserve ammo she kept in the vest pockets. Some of the buck shots to the shotgun Cynthia lay down scatters about from one of the larger pockets. Now, more exposed that she really wants, she stands with her red halterneck, short black skirt divided by the two sturdy belts she had taken from that farm yesterday. Not much to work with but she walked over to Emily, Lauren and Kyle to reestablish the original group. "Yeah, they´re military, salvaged during the course of the day, sir."
She crosses her arms subconsciously to the glares from the men and waits for their rides.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho unslings the rifle and tosses it into the dirt. He also tosses down his pistol. We get these back, right? They cost lot of money...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sergeant O'Neill nodded. "You'll get them back, sir," he assured Ho. "You'll want to put your ammo with them, too, to keep everything together. It'll make things more complicated if you turn it over at the clinic."

Lauren hugged Emily and Kathryn, and Kyle put his arms protectively around the whole group. "We're finally going to be safe!" said Lauren. "Things are going to get better now, I'm sure of it! I just wish Dad were here..."

"I miss my Ma and Pa too," said Kyle.

The two Strykers approached the open area in front of what was left of the gates, where they stopped. The rear doors opened and nine heavily armed SF troopers spilled out of each one. Most of them took up defensive positions at the entrance to the base. One of them, this one armed only with a pistol, approached Sergeant O'Neill. "I'm Lieutenant Grayson," he said. "I'm taking over at this position, Sergeant. My platoon will hold it until the engineers can come and barricade the gap. Get the civilians into the Strykers. They'll take them to quarantine. Then you can catalog all of their gear."

"Yes, sir," said O'Neill, saluting. He turned to the civilians gathered nearby. "Everyone get into one of the Strykers, please. You too, Sergeant Morrison. Each vehicle holds nine passengers."

"You heard him, men," said Joey. "Let's move." He led Alfredo, Harvey, Duncan, and Hector into the Stryker on the left.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

"Roger that", Derek nodded and took started slowly working his way over to the Stryker.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,There are two Strykers. Which one are you getting into? The one on the left (which [b]Joey[/b] and his guys boarded), or the one on the right?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat looks at the tank-like vehicle and nods approvingly. She walks over to the one not used by Joey and his crew. "See you, 'Fredo!" She waves at the large man. Then she enters the metallic whale and waits for it to get crammed and moved to a better place.
TVblog

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily ushered Lauren and Kyle to the Stryker on the right. "I know, sweetie. I wish he was here too" she said.
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

HAndy,The one on the right.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Inside the gates-
Alfredo blew Kathryn a kiss as he boarded the Stryker on the left.

Billy helped Derek into the Stryker on the right and followed him aboard. Emily, Lauren, Kyle, Cynthia and Ho followed them.

In the Stryker-
The troop compartment was cramped, even with one of the nine seats empty. Strykers were not designed with comfort in mind. Billy closed the hatch after everyone had boarded, and soon the APC pulled out and started moving.

Lauren tried to rub her sore back, injured when the pickup truck had overturned. Kyle was also in pain, though he tried to put on a brave face and avoided showing it. Emily had also been hurt in the crash.
OOC,Anyone in the Stryker may try First Aid on one of the injured people. [b]Derek[/b] has already received the maximum treatment, however. If you succeed, roll 1d3 to see how many HP that person regains.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat McCoy looks to Kyle´s wounds but can´t make any remedy to his pain. "Sorry Kyle, I´m at a loss. Maybe someone else can see to this?" Kat sits back again a little angry at herself not being able to help.
TVblog

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Here, Honey" Emily said to Lauren. "Let me see if I can help you with that." Emily moved over and tried to work on Laurens back but was unable to in the back of the moving Stryker
"Ugh. Sorry sweetie. Looks like a deep tissue bruise and I can't do anything about it." she said.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the Stryker-
"Ow!" cried Lauren. One of her cuts began bleeding afresh. "It's okay, Mom. There'll be doctors when we get to the clinic." She managed to stop the bleeding by borrowing her mother's medical supplies.

"Uh, maybe I can help," said Kyle. "I helped animals on the farm when they got hurt."

"Sure, thanks, Kyle."

Kyle tried to patch Lauren up, but he was unable to do much because he was nervous. Every time he was about to touch her, he pulled back.

"I'd help if I could," said Cynthia, "but I just don't know what to do."

Billy tried to assist too, but he couldn't do a whole lot either.

The Stryker rolled onwards for a while before it stopped. After a moment, it continued forward slowly for a short distance before turning around and stopping again. An SF trooper in an orange Racal suit opened the rear hatch from outside. "Everyone, please get out," he said. Through the open hatch, the entrance to a building was visible, but they couldn't see much from inside the vehicle.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily stood up and exited the vehicle, then turned and waited for Lauren and Kyle.

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”