IC-GOLD-Home Stretch(Kat/Emily/Ho/Cynthia/Derek/Billy/etc.)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Re: IC-GOLD-Home Stretch(Kat/Emily/Ho/Cynthia/Derek/Billy/etc.)

Post by ryansommer »

Handy,has the helicopter exploded yet? IS there a danger of being hit by the explosion if one where to huddle by the airmen at the gates?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The helicopter has not exploded yet. If it does and you are near the airmen, you would be caught in the blast. The airmen are on the other side of the gates as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Kyle, open fire!" EMily said, putting her arm out and ushering Lauren back and away from the infected.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Feel free to open fire at any time!" Emily yelled to the airmen.
pfarland
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Post by pfarland »

Billy stood up with a bible held high and began in a loud but clear voice "LORD JESUS!!! Hear our prayer! By your grace and divine wrath, guide our hands! Stay our aim! With your blessings, let us wipe these abominations from your sight! With your power, let us lay these bodies down into the grave where they are appointed to be! I beg you to forgive their souls, for the transgressions their bodies are making beyond their control!
Soldiers! Civilians! You are in God's army now! Open yourselves to his will! Let him guide your hand and let his power flow through you! Trust in the Lord your God and give your heart and soul to him for eternity! In Jesus' holy name we pray, AMEN!!!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the base-
"They're walking corpses!" shouted Lauren, tugging at Derek's sleeve. "Run!" She hurried along with him and her mother to the south, away from the zombies.

Kyle turned and opened up with his M4. His first couple of shots missed, but the third one hit and the fourth was almost perfect. Both ghouls went down. Alfredo got out and started shooting with uncanny accuracy. His first shot took out a zombie, but the second one crawled onwards in spite of its gaping head wound. His third and final shot obliterated what was left of it. All of the zombies were destroyed. Everyone else in the Escalade got out and took cover behind it.

The ammo in the helicopter continued cooking off until finally the fuel tank ruptured and exploded! The intact main rotor blade was flung towards the gates in a scything arc. The light from the starshell faded, but the burning debris still lit up the night.

Inside the gates-
The squad of six SF troopers just inside the gates screamed in terror at the sight of the zombies. Three of them descended into varying types of hysterics, but Sergeant O'Neill and the other two opened fire on the zombies. When the last one fell, O'Neill scrambled for cover behind the Hummer.

"Stay down!" cried Cassie Reynolds, pulling Billy so that he was completely behind the vehicle.

One of the other SF troopers tried to follow his sergeant into cover, but he didn't quite make it. The rest of the squad was caught flat-footed. Flaming debris, including the whirling rotor blade, smashed in the gates and sliced through the five SFs who had been standing out in the open. They were all cut down where they stood.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kathryn McCoy instinctively keeps her head down behind the Escalade while reloading the 9mm. "Holy grief!" she gasps at the mayhem by the fence. "Can you drive through that gap, Alfredo?" She bangs the roof of the Escalade and hurries off towards the wounded SF troopers. She keeps her 9mm ready, with both hands, looking for motions.

"You OK, father?"
she calls at the Humvee. Still having a way to go she closes in on the damaged fence.

Handy:
Spoiler:
Don´t know how much she will be able to do this turn. I guess I had some room to move in, as the walkers are dead.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily ducked and covered Lauren as the blast shook the area.

When the blast subsided, she looked up and looked to the gates in horror. "Oh jesus" she said quietly to herself as she looked to the dead soldiers. "Lauren and Kyle, get behind the Escelade with the others.I'll check on the soldiers."

Emily stood and walked to the gates: "Sergent!" she yelled, "Are you okay?"
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho's jaw drops in mute terror. Is... is escalade okay?
pfarland
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Post by pfarland »

Billy stands up and looks around, ready to rush to the aid of anyone in need. He reaches down and helps Cassie up to her feet. "Thank you Ms. Cassie. I tend to get a bit carried away sometimes, when I'm doing the Lord's work." Looking over at the whole in the fence, "Well, let's get those people inside and someone might need to radio in for a repair team for the fence. Now I'm going to go and give our dead a short prayer."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the base-
"The Escalade can probably be salvaged," said Alfredo, "but it's bogged down here and the tire's still flat. I think it's a waste of time trying to get it unstuck. We need to get everyone inside the gates while we can."

"Agreed," said Joey. "The Air Force can retrieve it later. Come on, everyone, let's get moving." He emerged from behind the vehicle and led the group forward.

"But...we're supposed to wait here," said Kyle.

"I think it's okay now," said Lauren. "Cynthia, are you all right?"

"All right, let's go." Kyle helped Derek stagger to the hole where the gates used to be after Joey and his entourage.

Kathryn reloaded her pistol while she advanced. Kathryn and Emily arrived just outside the destroyed gates. Even from here, they could see that the entire squad of SFs, save the sergeant, was dead. The remains of the helicopter still smoldered, but everything that was going to explode had already done so.

Inside the gates-
Cassie Reynolds went with Billy Roberts to the front gates.

"I'm all right, ma'am," said Sergeant O'Neill, coming out from behind the Hummer. "My squad..." He saw the five dead troopers, but remained remarkably collected. "Ma'am, bring everyone inside the base and wait here for further instructions." With perfect clarity, he spoke into his radio. "This is Staff Sergeant O'Neill at the Randall Road gate. The wrecked helicopter just exploded and destroyed the gates and my entire squad, except for me. We need immediate reinforcements and some engineers to barricade the new gap in the fence. We also need people to process the civilians and transport them to the clinic. I'm bringing them inside the perimeter."

The light from the starshell faded, but the burning wreckage still illuminated the immediate area.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Sergeant," Emily said as she Lauren and Kyle arrived at the gates, " I know this is not a plesant thing to discuss but your fallen men will get back up as zombies if you do not destroy thier brains. We need to put a bullet in thier heads ASAP or we'll be right back in the thick of things"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hearing the words from the psychologist, Kat trains her 9mm at the closest fallen SF by the fence. Awaiting the reply of the Sgt. "Anytime.." This was starting to take surrealistic proportions, she´s just a traffic controller - not a killing machine. But then again these things aren´t alive. So what´s there to kill? She blinks at the fading light of the star shell and the flickering flares of the fire, squinting.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho gives the escalade a mournful look as he runs towards the gate. I come back, don't worry. Air force not get my truck...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The Escalade isn't actually yours, it's [b]Joey[/b]'s.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Inside the gates-
Everyone reached what was left of the gate and scrambled inside. Kyle helped the bewildered Derek along, and Lauren hurried to her mother's side.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" said Sergeant O'Neill when Emily advocated putting a bullet in the heads of the dead troopers and Kathryn pointed her pistol at one of them. "Ma'am, don't even think about it! There is no truth to the rumor that people get back up after they're dead. It's an infection. You are not going to desecrate the bodies of my squadmates by shooting them in the head! You shouldn't even have weapons inside the base perimeter. You had all better place your weapons on the ground before the rapid response team gets here. They might get the wrong idea if they see you're armed. Don't worry, your weapons will be catalogued and returned to you once you've passed the screening and are cleared for duty."
OOC,Anyone may roll Fast Talk to convince [b]O'Neill[/b] that the corpses should be shot in the head. Persuade will take significantly longer.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Sgt. We´ve seen it. We´ve lived it. We´ve dealt with it. It´s no rumour. We´re dead serious! GBeleive me..." Kat makes sure trhe safety´s off and presses the muzzle to the head of the closest tartget on the ground.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Inside the gates-
"All right," said Sergeant O'Neill, "I believe you. They're already dead, so there's no harm in doing as you say, I guess." He pointed his M-16 at the head of one of the fallen SFs.
OOC,Everyone may now fire at one of the corpses' heads this round with whatever weapon you have ready. The range is point blank, so double your skill and then take a -5 penalty for aiming at the head. If your weapon has more than one shot, you may fire again if your first shot misses or does less than ten damage, but you may not select a different target until next round if your first shot does enough damage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat squeezes the 9 mm´s trigger, twice. The muzzle stays at target but the damage is not severe enough to be sufficient.
TVblog

kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho fires at the body, looking away in disgust as he does so. The shot hits but isn't enough. Wincing, he fires again, ripping the skull to shreds.

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”