IC-GOLD-Home Stretch(Kat/Emily/Ho/Cynthia/Derek/Billy/etc.)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-GOLD-Home Stretch(Kat/Emily/Ho/Cynthia/Derek/Billy/etc.)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 10:30 PM Mountain Time - Northwest of Warren Air Force Base, west of Cheyenne, Wyoming
On the road-
While the pack of zombies consumed what was left of the hapless Victor Gonzalez, the survivors fled southeast down Randall Road towards the gates to Warren Air Force Base, their intended sanctuary. Emily Montrose, together with her daughter Lauren and Kyle Perkins, had managed to escape from the flipped over pickup truck and were racing away from the scene of carnage on foot. Behind them, the Cadillac Escalade trundled along. It had burst a tire after colliding with one of the zombies, so it could only move slowly. Alfredo Bocelli drove the SUV. Kathryn McCoy sat beside him. The lovely air traffic controller was still shaken from the many terrible ordeals she had suffered. Just when safety was at hand, she was forced to witness yet another death. Normally unflappable, she had endured more than anyone should have to - and still she managed to keep it together somehow. Cynthia Louise sat next to her in the shotgun seat, still unsure how she had survived everything that had happened when so many others had perished. Ho Nguyen sat in one of the middle seats, along with Duncan Jergens and Hector Salazar. Ho had lost his store and his employees tonight and was left with nothing but the clothes and weapons on his back. Would he be able to start over in this terrible new world? In the back seats rode Joey Milano and Harvey Bennish.

Emily strapped her helmet onto her head as she ran and spoke through the hands-free radio: "Carmichael. This is Emily. We crashed a vehicle and are under attack outside of the gates. Can you lend assistance?"

"Carmichael here," replied the colonel on both Emily's and Kathryn's helmets. "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid we can't open the gate if you're being pursued by the infected. We can't risk them breaching the base." Their hearts fell as the news sank in. They were trapped outside the base, trapped with the dead. Then Lt. Colonel Carmichael spoke again, his words providing a glimmer of hope. "There may still be something I can do. I have a helicopter on combat air patrol not far from your position. I'll send it your way to help you. Carmichael out."

The gates of the base were still too far away to see. The zombies behind them were no longer visible now as the darkness closed in around them.
OOC,Everyone, roll Listen and Spot Hidden. The base skill for both is 25%. There is a -5 penalty to both skills if you are currently wearing a Kevlar helmet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Home Stretch(Kathryn/Emily/Lauren/Kyle/Ho/Cynthia)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kathryn fails to see anything in the darkness surrounding the Escalade. However, after the last comment from Carmichael she hears a distinct sound .close by...

"Alfredo, what if we ditch this heap? We can use it as a beacon to attract the dead... Then we run for the fence and take 'em down when they reach the beams from the head lights?"
Kat unbuckles and gets ready to follow Emily, Kyle and Lauren ahead. "The base is sending an attack-heli to help us out."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

While she is not able to see anything in the steadily encroaching darkness, Emily is able to catch a faint sound carrying through the darkness.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho doesn't hear or see a thing. I don't think that good idea. Truck too valuable to leave behind. We wait for army to help I think
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Emily could hear a faint sound to the southeast that was gradually getting louder. It sounded like a giant eggbeater whipping the air. Lauren heard it too, but she couldn't quite see what was making it. "Something's coming, Mom!" she said, pointing ahead of them. "I think I see a light or something in the distance." Kyle couldn't see nor hear it.

The Escalade rolled onwards slowly. Kathryn also heard the approaching sound. Cynthia remained motionless beside her. "You're right, we can't leave the SUV," said Alfredo. "Those guys back there ain't interested in eating this - only us. If we got out and hoofed it, they'd ignore it and come straight for us." He couldn't hear it. but he clearly saw something. "There's the chopper coming from the southeast!" he called, pointing in the direction of the gates. "A Huey, if I'm not mistaken. We're only another fifty yards or so from the gates now, too."

"We're saved!" cheered Harvey.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Crammed between Cynthia and Alfredo, Kat turns her attention to the girl. "We´re almost there, Cynthia. They have electricity and showers. We´ll have a cup of tea quite soon and I´ll tell you all about photography.... A cute girl like you should be happy. Show me a smile and we´ll be at the gates."

She takes Cynthia´s hand and squeezes it to show her that she is alive. Kat keeps the 9mm in the left hand resting in her lap.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Cynthia vaguely squeezes the hand back but is otherwise quiet.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Kyle, Lauren: Stay close" Emily said. "Once the helicopter get's closer and lands, we'll make a run for the chopper. Be careful, though. Those men in the chopper have been through just as much hell as we have. They may think we are one of the zombies if we make a mad dash for the chopper as soon as it lands. Put your hands up and approach cautiously until thye are sure we are safe. Okay?"
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho shakes his head. We can't leave truck behind! We wait for helicopter to kill zombies then we get out.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Feeling relatively snug between the others, Kat pushes back in the seat and aims at the wind shield, to be ready if one of the zombies comes at the car from the front. "Then let's roll to the gates and wait this out."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"Okey-dokey," said Kyle.

"Right, Mom," said Lauren.

Both of them ran with Emily the rest of the way to the gates. As they appraoched, the helicopter became visible to all of them. It arrived from the southeast, the direction in which they were headed, and its searchlight was moving around. They and the SUV were illuminated briefly as it passed over them. The chopper hovered overhead. The gates themselves were sealed tight and heavily guarded from the inside. Kyle grinned and waved at the helicopter.

The Escalade also rolled the rest of the way to the gates. "All right," said Alfredo. "We're here. Are they gonna land or what?"

"We made it!" said Harvey. "We actually made it!"

"We're not inside yet," pointed out Hector.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho laughs. I tell you we not need to give up truck.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Stay in the car then and hope for those guys to open the gates. I´m helping my friends out. Let me out Alfredo, we have a good head start and you can close after me." Kat moves closer to Alfredo and says, "Let me slide under you - that´s the quickest way."
TVblog

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily stood in the stop light and gathered her kids neat to her with a one armed hug. She used her other arm to wave up to the helicopter in an attempt to get there attention and let them know they are not infected.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"I think it would be easier if I just got out too," said Alfredo, "but whatever you say, Kathryn." He undid his seatbelt and pressed forward against the steering wheel while Kathryn slid past him. It was a tight squeeze, but she managed to climb out and stand on the road.

The helicopter began to descend, but it soon became apparent that something was horribly, horribly wrong. It was coming down too fast, and it slammed into the ground before going over on its left side! The main rotor snapped off as it struck the ground. The stricken Huey lay still.
OOC,If anyone goes over to the wreckage, roll Spot Hidden. The base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Barely managing to get out of the Escalade, Kat says, "Fuckety fuck!" Through the com, she relays, "This is traffic controller Kathryn McCoy, your heli just went down! You want us to salvage the survivors? Then open the gates and we´ll get your guys inside!" She starts sprinting in the direction of the wreckage. As she clicks of she catches a glimpse of the heli.
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Lauren, stay here by the gates and try to get them to open them" Emily said. "Kyle, grab your rifle and come with me." Emily sprinted off with Kyle towards the stricken helicopter.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Emily[/b], you can roll Spot Hidden as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

As Emily moved towards the helicopter, her focus was entirely on the situation at hand.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho stays in the truck, frozen. Oh no, what happen now? How zombies take down helicopter? A light seems to go on in his head. If someone go over there grab radio, or guns, or missile if you can. Army will need more, right? We can set up business! He rubs his hands together.

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”