IC-SWORD-Ranger Danger(Everyone but Lara)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Re: IC-SWORD-Ranger Danger(Everyone but Lara)

Post by ryansommer »

"Good point" Sally said. She took the knife and attempted to pry open one of the crates containing boots.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the storeroom-
Sally found the crate unusually resistant, and the scalpel that Katarina had lent her broke.

In the corridor-
Zoe opened the door and looked out into a hall that stretched off to the left and right. On the opposite side of the hall was another metal door identical to the one she had just opened. Similar doors were on both sides of the hall further down it to the left, as well as at that end of the hall, a short distance beyond them. To the right, the hall ended nearby at a more regular-looking door. The walls were painted a drab olive green.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Zoe-

"Oh! damn the boots.

"Which way now?"

She'll try to open the door opposite.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the corridor-
That door proved to be locked as well.
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], please roll Locksmith if you want to try to pick the lock.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3067813/]Locksmith (1d100=27)[/url] 40%+
"I'm on a lucky streak!"
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Nice work, Zoe!" Sally said. Sally handed the knife back to Raquel before saying "Okay, let's be cautions as we move forward."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I think you mean [b]Katarina[/b].
In the corridor-
Katarina dropped what was left of the scalpel. "Is broken," she said. "No matter. I still have the big knife." She and Julie followed Sally out into the hall, where Zoe picked the lock on the opposite door and opened it up. On the other side was another storeroom of the same dimensions as the one from which they had just come. However, this one did not have any other exits, and the crates on the shelves indicated that they contained ammunition of various calibers: 5.56mm NATO, 7.62mm NATO, .45, and 12-gauge shotgun shells and slugs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe-

"Jackpot!"

She'll help herself to the ammunition, stuffing as much as possible into the belt and strapping on whatever pouches or bags she finds.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Jackpot indeed." Sally said. "Let's rearm and resupply so we can get the hell out of here. Make sure to stock up on ammo for the M16."

Sally grabbed more ammo for her .45's and thought about their prediciment while she did. I thought there was supposed to be a secret tunnel to the military base from here? she said to herself. This ammo had to get here, somehow. That cart must have been used to carry it here from the base.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the storeroom-
These crates proved to be sealed as well, just like the ones in the other room.
OOC,It will take a STR x 5 roll to force open one of the crates, and you'll need something to use to pry it open. [b]Katarina[/b] is [i]not[/i] willing to give up her second knife after you broke the first one. Each crate contains one type of ammo, so please indicate which type of ammo you're trying to obtain. Also, [b]Sally[/b], please roll Idea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally has an idea.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the storeroom-
Zoe used her own knife to force open a crate of 12-gauge shotgun shells. While she did this, it occurred to Sally that given the length of the secret tunnel they had passed through, which must have been at least a mile, and the appearance of their surroundings, it was quite likely that they were already inside the base - which meant that the boxes of shotgun shells that Zoe was so gleefully grabbing and stuffing in her belt's large pouches hadn't been stolen until she broke in and took them.

Katarina stood watch in the hall while Julie entered the storeroom and went over to a crate of 7.62mm NATO rounds. She wedged her knife under the lid and tried to pry it open, but it didn't give.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe decides to put some of the ammo back, so that it isn't too obvious she's stolen anything....

"Lead the way, Sally."
ooc,I'm away until July.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC,Shoot, I missed the part where we traveled through the tunnel.
"Let's not take anything" Sally said. "It will only get us in trouble and lessen our chances of being accepted into the base. Let's try that more regular looking door and see where it goes"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It was at the top of the last page. The secret stairway under the warehouse that you entered through the hatch in the shipping container led to the tunnel with the railway track. Have fun, Tabs!
In the storeroom-
Zoe reluctantly put the rest of the shotgun shells back and followed Sally and Julie back to the hall.

In the corridor-
The four women proceeded to the regular door, which turned out to not be locked. It led to a stairwell.

In the stairwell-
The women found themselves at the bottom of a stairwell that led up. The walls here were the same color as in the corridor.
OOC,If you head up the stairs, please roll Listen (base chance 25%) and Sneak (base chance 10%).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Let's take this slowly, everyone" Sally said. "Lower your weapons and try to not look threatening in the event that there is personel up here."

Sally slowly moves up the stairs, straining to listen for any sound of movement above.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the stairwell-
Sally hobbled up the stairs, her canes making a lot of noise when she used them as crutches. The other women ascended with her, and they soon reached a landing. The stairs continued upwards, and there was a door on the landing identical to the one on the floor below that had let them into the stairwell. Katarina paused for a moment, thinking she had heard something, but then she shrugged and brushed it off. Julie also stopped and put a finger to her lips. "I hear someone walking in the distance," she whispered, pointing at the door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Julie waited quietly
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"It must be a guard" Sally said. "I'm thinking we should make sure we find someone and identify ourselves before we get shot. If they catch us sneaking around they may not like that too much."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the stairwell-
"I agree," whispered Katarina. "Leave it to me. I will make contact." She reached under the short skirt of her dress and tucked her pistol into the elastic waistband of her panties so that it was concealed against her thigh. She did the same thing on her other leg with the knife. Then she opened the door, raised her arms high, and stepped through.

In the corridor-
Katarina found herself in a long hallway painted the same olive drab as the one on the floor below. However, the doors here were of the regular variety. This hall was also not empty. A young black man of average height and build in an Air Force uniform was walking away down the hall with his back to her. His helmet and an armband both had the letters "MP" on them, and he wore a pistol on his belt.

"Hello," said Katarina, softly. "Please not to shoot. I am friend."

The man whirled around, instinctively drawing his pistol and pointing it at her. "Who are you?" he said, confused. "How did you get here? This is a secure area!"

"My name is Katarina Iliescu. I am model from Romania. You do not need gun for me. I do not bite."

The MP grinned sheepishly and lowered his weapon. "Sorry about that, ma'am. It's just...you startled me. Now please explain how you came to be here."

"I gladly tell you, but is long story. I am here with three very attractive lady friends. They would like to meet you."

"This is a dream. I'm dreaming, right?"

"No dream."

"A beautiful model appears out of nowhere, and she has three gorgeous friends who want to meet me, and I'm not dreaming? The whole goddamn day has been a nightmare up until now, it's a relief to have something nice happen for a change. I sure hope you're real...but that means everything else that's been going on is for real too." He raised his voice so that it would carry into the stairwell. "My name is Airman Jason Baker. Please come out. No harm will come to you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”