IC-SWORD-Ranger Danger(Everyone but Lara)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Re: IC-SWORD-Ranger Danger(Everyone but Lara)

Post by ryansommer »

"Quickly, everyone, let's get in the truck and head to the farmhouse" Sally said, moving quickly to the truck.
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by Misfit »

Dan decides to put on the vest later and readies his AK-47. "What is it?' he yells.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Sally[/b] is already at the truck, which is parked right near the base of the stairs. So are [b]Zoe[/b], [b]Raquel[/b], and [b]Katarina[/b]. Unfortunately, only the rangers have the keys, and they're some distance away to the south. It will take them all of this round to reach the truck if they choose to do so, and another round after this one will be required to get in and start it up. You can get in the truck's bed this round if you like as long as you're already there, but it won't be going anywhere until someone gets into the cab and starts it up. [b]Zoe[/b] could try to pick the lock on the door if she wants. [b]Dan[/b], carrying the vest will require you to hold it in one hand if you're not wearing it. You won't be able to fire a rifle one-handed, so you'd need to drop the vest if you want to shoot.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

"Can we hide?" mewls Katarina.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Dan, Julie: Hurry back to the truck, there is very little time." Sally yelled. "Girls, hop in the back and hang on." Sally raised her pistol and aimed at the zombies head.
Handy,I assume she will be able to fire next round as the round has not ended?
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

"I'm coming!", Dan yells as he runs with the AK-47 in one hand and the vest in the other. If he needs to shoot he will try to chuck it in the back of the truck or ditch it. He races towards to the drivers seat of the truck keeping an eye out for the threat.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Sally[/b] can start shooting this turn, which consists of five combat rounds. However, there is still the darkness penalty. After that, the zombie will have entered the light, but it will also be close enough to attack and there will not be enough time to aim for the head.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

"Can we hide?" mewls Katarina.
"Get in the back of the truck, you silly puss!"

Zoe climbs into the truck as well. She readies the shotgun.
"Which direction is the zombie coming from?"
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"It's coming down the road from the north" Sally said. Aiming carefully, she squeezed off a shot with her .45 at the zombie, hoping to get lucky while everyone made it to the car. The round sailed through the darkness and found it's mark; striking the zombie in the head. While she was lucky to hit the zombie, she barely did so.
Handy,I take my shots one round at a time as Sally will stop once the car is loaded.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Julie ran with Dan toward the truck not having seen anything yet. As she ran she paused to look down the road to the north like Sally said. She did not see anything.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You actually did 3 damage, as the .45 does 1d10+2. Go ahead and take your other four shots now. The truck will not be loaded before you finish. As soon as you're done shooting (or if you tell me you'd rather not shoot), I'll update the first chance I get since everyone has now posted. I can update tonight if you reply soon enough, but it won't be any later than tomorrow night. Also, Spot Hidden rolls are at 1/5 skill to see into the darkness surrounding the ranger station.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

While the other sprinted for the car, Sally took aim once again and fired at the zombie rapidly moving towards his next meal.
With nerves of steel, Sally aimed and squeezed the trigger on her .45 caliber pistol. The gun bucked in her hand as the slug exploded from the barrel of the gun. Piercing hte air with a crack, the round struck the zombie in the head again with devestating results. Headless, the zombie fell to the ground lifeless.
Handy,I rolled all three of my shots at once. Since the first round killed the zombie, can I not have taken the remaining shots?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, of course.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the ranger station-
Sally's uncanny accuracy obliterated what was left of the zombie's head, and it collapsed while still some distance to the north. Dan and Julie reached the truck, while Zoe and Raquel scrambled into the bed.
OOC,Everyone roll Spot Hidden at 1/5 skill in addition to whatever action you take. Those of you who are not already in the truck may get in now. One more person will need to get into the back, as there is only room for three in the cab. You may start the truck this turn, but you won't be able to go anywhere until the turn after.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Can I use my second roll from above? :)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally scanned the area for additional threats but found none. She ejected the clip from her .45 and checked how many rounds it contained. Taking note of her ammo levels, she slammed the magazine back into the pistol and engaged the slide.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You can still get in the truck this turn (after [b]Dan[/b] or [b]Julie[/b] unlocks it if you're getting into the cab). You haven't actually done that yet. The .45 you used has 5 bullets left. The other .45 has one remaining (in the chamber), so it can be reloaded at any time. [b]Felice[/b]'s 9mm pistol is still jammed, and you don't have any reloads for it, but others might.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally waits for Dan and Julie to arrice, the jumps in the cab of the truck; not wanting to risk jumping into or out of the bed of the truck with her injured leg.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina dives into the back of the ute, mewling, and tries to find something to grab onto in case the ute leaves in a hurry. She is so busy looking for something to grab a hold of that she doesn't notice anything outside.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

Dan scans the darkness but can't see anything. He helps Julie into the truck and jumps in the driver seat to start the truck.
Spot Hidden,[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2689293/[/url]

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”