IC-SWORD-Ranger Danger(Everyone but Lara)

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Ranger Danger(Everyone but Lara)

Post by Tabs »

ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2689466/]Spot Hidden 1/5 (1d100=67)[/url]
Zoe squinted as she peered into the night, but she couldn't see a thing.
"Nice shot, Sal."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Julie arranged herself in the cab making sure her seatbelt was on and that there was room in case someone else wanted to get into the truck. . She looked around again but again did not see anything.
to all,Dam I am blind as a bat!
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the ranger station-
Dan got behind the wheel after Sally slid into the middle seat of the cab and Julie got into the shotgun seat. Dan started up the truck, and the engine purred. The headlights illuminated the empty road to the south, the direction the truck was facing. Zoe, Raquel, and Katarina rode in the bed of the truck, with nothing to cling to but the sides.

Raquel suddenly pointed to the north, where she had spotted something. She was afraid, but not terrified. "There's another one coming!" she cried, "It's faster than the first! Let's go, let's go!"
OOC,Everyone may roll Spot Hidden at 1/5 skill again. If you succeed, you must roll Sanity for seeing the zombie, with a Sanity loss of 0/1d10. [b]Dan[/b] you may go ahead and drive now in whichever direction you choose. You don't need to roll anything, and you don't have to stay on the road if you don't want. The white pickup truck is to the northwest, outside the farmhouse. The skinheads' van escaped to the south. [b]Julie[/b], you're not completely blind. You did critically succeed at the Spot Hidden roll to search [b]Mutt[/b].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Since Katarina didn't trust herself with a gun on a bumpy road not to shoot a friend, she simply ducked behind the edge of the ute and grabbed hold of the edges, making a point not to look and damage her already frazzled psyche. Besides, the car would out-race the zombie surely.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2690528/]Spot Hidden 1/5 (1d100=75)[/url]
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

Sally sat sandwiched between Dan and Julie. She looked for the rapidly approaching zombie but was unable to see it in the darkness.

"Hurry, Dan." She said with a tinge of panic in her voice. "We've got to get to that truck."
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by Misfit »

Dan starts accelerating towards the white pickup truck. He planned to swing around by the truck so that the headlights illuminate the zombie. "Zoe, you and the others in the back grab the truck when we stop, I will deal with the zombie."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In front of the house-
Dan turned around to the northwest, though nobody except Raquel saw the zombie yet, even with the help of the headlights. While the pickup truck bounced through the woods, she took aim with her pistol and squeezed off a couple of shots. "I hit it once!" she called. "But I just grazed it." She looked around. "Oh, no, we're getting closer to it! It's getting closer to us! It moves so fast!"

The truck reached the small farmhouse and pulled up near the white pickup truck that was parked outside, just south of the house. "No, don't get out!" cried Raquel. "it's too close! It'll be here any second!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

"Where is it it?" Dan yells.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Franticly scanning the area around the truck, Sally tries to catch a glimpse of the zombie but is unable to in the chaos.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Misfit wrote: "Zoe, you and the others in the back grab the truck when we stop, I will deal with the zombie."
"Hold on, girls."
The truck reached the small farmhouse and pulled up near the white pickup truck that was parked outside, just south of the house. "No, don't get out!" cried Raquel. "it's too close! It'll be here any second!"
Zoe readies the shotgun.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In front of the house-
Raquel fired again, her wild shot disappearing into the dark. Then the zombie came running out of it with angry red eyes and blood coating its mouth and chin. It had fed before, and it was intent on feeding again. It ran right up to the back of the truck, latched onto it, and began to pull itself aboard. Raquel shrieked and shot it in the left thigh, but she didn't even slow it down...

OOC,Some people haven't been posting. I seriously advise you to start now, especially considering the situation. You don't want me rolling Sanity for you - I tend to get heavy losses when I do. You also don't want to be sitting idle during combat. There hasn't been a post for [b]Julie[/b] in nearly a week. Also, Misfit, please don't forget to post for [b]Derek Morrison[/b] over in the Valkyrie thread in Gold. You haven't posted for him at all. First of all, everyone roll Sanity for seeing the zombie. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, you must roll Idea. If you succeed at that, you go temporarily insane. As long as you don't go insane, you may act. [b]Zoe[/b] and [b]Katarina[/b], you may each get off one shot before the zombie attacks if you wish. Since the zombie is in your face, there is no darkness penalty. Also, the range is point blank, so your skill is doubled. However, [b]Zoe[/b], your hands are still cuffed together, which halves your skill in Shotgun. This cancels out the doubling, so you'd just use your unmodified skill (45% in your case). There is no time to aim for the head, so if you hit, roll 1d20 for a random hit location as well as damage. After the zombie's attack, [b]Katarina[/b] may take her second shot (if she still can). Anyone who wants to attack hand-to-hand will have to wait until after the zombie attacks. Melee attacks may target the head, with a -5 penalty as usual. Note that if you attack, you cannot also Dodge. If you're going do something other than attack (or if you go insane), roll Dodge just in case. [b]Dan[/b], [b]Sally[/b], and [b]Julie[/b] cannot attack the zombie this round from where they sit in the cab, but they can't be attacked either.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina saw the zombie but was too mentally numb to care. She fired her gun and managed to hit the thingsomewhere (9).

OOC: I can't roll for damage as I don't know what damage my gun does.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

OOC,I should have mentioned this but when i said earlier that i would take care of the zombie I meant i would step out of the cab with my AK-47. But I didn't
Dan, jumps out and seeing the zombie winces at the site of the thing but is unaffected. He moves towards the zombie raising his rifle.

Sanity,[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2697764/[/url]
Last edited by Misfit on Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2697471/]Sanity 31% (1d100=69)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2697472/]Sanity loss (1d10=1)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2697473/]Shotgun 45% & hit location(if applicable) (1d100=37, 1d20=4)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2697480/]Shotgun damage 4d6? (4d6=10)[/url]
Once again Zoe is shocked at the sight of the blood-drooling zombie, however, the mental chip at her sanity is barely noticeable--she just twitches one eye. She looses off the shotgun.
"Take that!"
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Handy,does the pickup have one of those sliding back windows?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the house-
Though it was awkward for her to wield the shotgun, Zoe managed to pepper the zombie's right leg with buckshot. Katarina put a bullet in its gut, and Raquel put another one into it, plinking its arm. It hardly seemed to notice as it fell upon Raquel. She screamed again when its teeth tore into her arm, nipping her flesh. She barely managed to keep her wits.
OOC,This is now the second half of the same round. [b]Katarina[/b], your gun does 1d10 damage. Its stats are listed in the Locations and Weapons thread, along with all other weapons and ammo for all characters. You can go ahead and roll damage for the first shot and then fire your second shot if you wish. If you miss, however, you will have to roll Luck to avoid hitting [b]Raquel[/b]. [b]Dan[/b], your action is done for this round. You could have stepped out of the truck last round if you had mentioned it in your post, but I couldn't assume you would do it - especially given [b]Raquel[/b]'s warning. If you had, the zombie might have attacked you instead. [b]Zoe[/b], your action is also complete for this round. Yes, you did 4d6 damage, as the zombie was within 10 yards. [b]Sally[/b], the pickup truck's back window does not slide open. You still need to make a Sanity roll, don't forget. [b]Julie[/b], you need to roll Sanity as well. Both of you may still act. The zombie has taken 18 damage (plus whatever [b]Katarina[/b]'s first shot did) so far, none of it to the head.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The bullet strikes true and damages the zombie nicely. She fires her next shot, whichrips out a chunk of it, some callous part of her hoping that it remains too busy with Raquel to kill her as well. Her heart beat against her chest. She didn't want to die.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I took a look under Character and didn't see any gun there. I forgot about the Weapons and Locations thread. Let's hope that's enough damage! Eep!

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Yet another attack by another zombie caused Sally little distress.

Sally slid across the bench seat and exited the truck so she could get a shot at the zombie if needed.
Last edited by ryansommer on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Sally[/b] succeeded at her Sanity roll; she has 85 right now. She is still free to act.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”