OOC-Chapter 6-Dead by Dawn-General Discussion

Darkness now shrouds the zombie-infested land. At Warren Air Force Base, various survivors and USAF personnel try to hold out against the hordes, but will internal division tear them apart? In western Nebraska, most of the captive women have found their freedom thanks to the rangers' intervention, but two of their captors have gotten away with one of them as a hostage. Can they escape from a new horror and find a way to rescue her? And in Omaha, though the zombies are no longer a threat, danger still abounds. A large group of survivors has holed up in a school, but a band of violent juvenile delinquents, a drug-dealing gang, and others may prove a greater peril than the dead. Who will suvive the night, and who will never see the sun rise again?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: OOC-Chapter 6-Dead by Dawn-General Discussion

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Welcome back, H!
Did you see something worth reporting back on from the gaming?
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Handy,
Will be away from home for Tday. Will try to update when I can but most likly not regularly until Monday. If you need to move ahead temp play my guys for me
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Hi!
Sorry to not post, I was very busy, and was out from last week, shoud resume now.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've updated Sword and Gold. I'll try to update Omaha tomorrow night if I have time. Otherwise it may have to wait until Friday.
Syrinx wrote:Welcome back, H!
Did you see something worth reporting back on from the gaming?
Almost all of the gaming there was board gaming, and there weren't all that many different games. I played a Star Wars miniatures game involving rebels trying to escape from the Death Star. I played a squad of Stormtroopers and the rebels kicked our butts, but we gave them a run for their money and nearly killed their badass Jedi. I did get to try out Castle Ravenloft, which was fun, as well as a couple of independently made games. I also played Power Grid and Colosseum. The only roleplaying game I know of was a D&D game (Dragon Mountain), but I was sick on Sunday and couldn't play. I bought some great games in the Dealers' Room: Republic of Rome (which was reprinted last year), Agricola and its expansion, The Lurker at the Threshold expansion for Arkham Horror, two expansions for Race For the Galaxy, and Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age (a civilization-building dice game).
Mr Zombie killer wrote:Handy,
Will be away from home for Tday. Will try to update when I can but most likly not regularly until Monday. If you need to move ahead temp play my guys for me
Thanks for letting me know. Happy Thanksgiving!
kabukiman wrote:Hi!
Sorry to not post, I was very busy, and was out from last week, shoud resume now.
Welcome back!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

That's a decent horde of games. I note that many of them can be played solo, in fact, I've got several of them myself!

Currently I'm into Doom: the Boardgame--there are solitaire rules and campaigns on BGG which I'm gonna give a shot.

I wonder if we can play Lurker with our own boards set up?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Happy Thanksgiving.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tabs wrote:That's a decent horde of games. I note that many of them can be played solo, in fact, I've got several of them myself!

Currently I'm into Doom: the Boardgame--there are solitaire rules and campaigns on BGG which I'm gonna give a shot.

I wonder if we can play Lurker with our own boards set up?
Actually, they can all be played solo, which is one reason I got them. So can Castle Ravenloft, but I've never seen it for sale anywhere. This was the first I had heard of it. I haven't played Doom: the Boardgame, but that's cool that those rules and campaigns are out there. I also have the Battlestar Galactica board game, and there are official solo rules for it. It's very different than the multiplayer version, but still a lot of fun. So far I've only had time to play Roll Through the Ages, which I did very well at in my first game. I'm hoping to get some Arkham Horror in this weekend.

We can always start up a new game in the Arkham Horror forum. You were going to a few months back (with both Innsmouth and Lurker) before you changed your mind. If you're interested in playing, you can recruit additional players. I believe DSIGFUSS and Trixie were interested.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mr. Handy wrote:
We can always start up a new game in the Arkham Horror forum. You were going to a few months back (with both Innsmouth and Lurker) before you changed your mind. If you're interested in playing, you can recruit additional players. I believe DSIGFUSS and Trixie were interested.
I'd be up for a game, except I no longer want to scan the cards--too much work. How about we play on our own boards and report in the forum the investigator's action. As for cards, we'd share who controls the various decks; e.g. Tabs: Common Item & Mr. Handy: Unique Item, so if your investigator requires a Common Item I'd draw say, a Lantern, and you'd need to search your Common Item deck for the Lantern.

I was thinking of just us two?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Unfortunately, I can't leave my game set up for months on end. Someone comes to clean my place every two weeks, and I don't have a table big enough to hold the game, so I have to set up Arkham Horror on the floor when I play it. We could stiill play with you controlling all the decks. I don't mind playing with just two of us, but I'd be open to more players as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Ideally, you could A) digitize the board and pieces and move them about using some sort of layering drawing program like Photoshop or GIMP, providing a new image every round. Or, B) Set up the board, take a picture with your camera, post it... take the turn, take another picture of the new condition of the board, post it... continue.

Heck, there's guys who play Car Wars online with dozens of people in these methods. Just takes a little file manipulation.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

I can't leave my game set up for months on end
Yeah, leaving the board set up is impractical--my Arkham will certainly be destroyed by an earthquake. I could keep the "Arkham board" topic, updating it each turn.
I'd be happy to draw all cards but would you require more detail about the card than its title? some cards have lots of text and I don't fancy typing the text.
I don't mind playing with just two of us, but I'd be open to more players as well.
With us two the game would be quicker, also we: have the expansions, know the rules and can post regularly.

Imp said: Ideally, you could A) digitize the board and pieces and move them about using some sort of layering drawing program like Photoshop or GIMP, providing a new image every round. Or, B) Set up the board, take a picture with your camera, post it... take the turn, take another picture of the new condition of the board, post it... continue.
Thanks for that. However I was kinda doing all that in our previous game by scanning and posting every card--which I don't want to do anymore.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Well if you have all the cards scanned already, then you should just be able to pull up the appropriate file and save you a bunch of extra work.

Who am I kidding? I ran one game called "Dark Arena" or some such thing which is a strategy game of my own making some time back. Each person made their turn actions (up to six people), I had to move their icons (of which each person had three 'players' in the pitch black arena), and light up certain parts of the arena as they went along blasting here and there. So a minimum of changing 18 hexes in a full game, and possible much much more if mines were involved. It was a lot of maintenance, as are all those strategy games.

Attempted Car Wars myself once, but man was that an unbelievable hassle.

Ever played the Titan board game? I know it had such a following that someone went along and made a computer-version that can be played over the internet or with a hot seat. Maybe you can find something like that for what you're trying to do?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"...scanning and posting the cards..."--which were drawn from the decks--Arkham Horror has hundreds of cards!
I ran one game called "Dark Arena"
That sounds interesting. Where did you play it?
Attempted Car Wars myself once
20 years ago a friend kept on about Car Wars, but at the time I wasn't particularly interested in gaming, so I didn't want to play it--wish I had now.
Ever played the Titan board game?
No, but there are so many! I'm into board games--I would say collecting and playing them are my hobby--more so than rpg's. I play a lot on yucata.de; if you fancy a game, check it out.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

That would be great if I actually understood German. ;) There's also Gametable Online, where you can play many different board games against other humans and/or AIs.

I have the Deluxe Edition of Car Wars (which included Boat Wars as well), but never played it with anyone. I did play Car Wars once at a convention in college, and I also have most of the Car Wars solitaire gamebooks.

Posting the card title should be good enough, as I have all of the cards and can find them and look up the text. It might help if you include the expansion in parentheses with the title if the card isn't from the base game to make it easier for me to find it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Okay. I'll start posting in the Arkham Horror topic.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Tabs wrote:
I ran one game called "Dark Arena"
That sounds interesting. Where did you play it?
It was on rpol.net about 5 years ago or so. They don't let me on there anymore... I was a bad boy.
20 years ago a friend kept on about Car Wars, but at the time I wasn't particularly interested in gaming, so I didn't want to play it--wish I had now.
It is definitely worth playing at least once... but considering how long it takes to progress a mere 10 seconds of driving time, you're much better off playing it on tabletop.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

It was on rpol.net about 5 years ago or so. They don't let me on there anymore... I was a bad boy.
You gotsta fess up.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

having computer problems. Hopefully will get it sorted out soon. Run me if you need to until I can come back and I will let you know when that is
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Tabs wrote: You gotsta fess up.
Huh? It was no secret... everyone that was there knew about it. No reason to confess...
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

computer working now will take back over

Return to “Chapter 6 - Dead by Dawn”