Dunwich Horror IC

Azathoth, the nuclear chaos at the heart of the universe, is stirring. If it awakens, it will mean the end of all things. And in Dunwich, the degenerate Whateley clan plans to unleash a horrible monstrosity. Can Wilson Richards, Michael McGlen, Jenny Barnes, Monterey Jack, Leo Anderson, and Harvey Walters save the day, or will they be too late?

Moderator: Tabs

Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Re: Dunwich Horror IC

Post by Voodoo »

Turn 11 Movement
ooc,Monty taps motorcycle and pas $1 to move to Brooks Bridge
Merchant District --> Brooks Bridge
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Turn 11 Movement
Woods -> Southside
Image Image
ooc,Colour Out of Space: [b]Evade check (+1)[/b], Sneak 3 +1[Skill] +1[Earl] =6d6: 6 6 4 2 2 1; [b]success[/b]. Shoggoth: [b]Horror check (-1)[/b], Will 3 =2d6: 1 3, spend 1 Clue token =1d6: 5; [b]success[/b], (Phew!), lose 1 Sanity from the monster's Nightmarish 1 ability. [b]Combat check (-1) [3][/b], Fight 1 +1[Earl] +9[Powder of Ibn-Ghazi] =10d6: 6 6 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 1; [b]success[/b], Powder of Ibn-Ghazi - (lose 1 Sanity and discard after use.)
The Shoggoth squelches its way, rolling and oozing, along the Southside streets. It is another disgusting slug, like the one in the Woods Wilson has fled from, but, this one is like a lumpy oil slick covered in pustules; these spots are in fact numerous unblinking eyes which melt into the mass, only to reappear elsewhere.
Professor Rice puts his hand to his mouth and is violently sick; the macaroni cheese he ate for yesterday's lunch drips between his fingers.
daedalum
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Post by daedalum »

Turn 11 Movement
OOC,SORRY FOR THE DELAY Harvey move River Docks ->Merchant Dist. -> NorthSide ->Newspaper Spend final Movement to Exhaust True Magick Tomb Makes lore (-1) check to gain clue http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2439958/ success, gains clue Waits for encounter (hoping for money for train)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Turn 11 movement
OOC,Leo moves to the second area
After sailing some minutes, Leo discovered that he was... in the island again. But in a new place. Leo started to read the book an then explore the island.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Michael[/b] spends 3 movement points to move from the Silver Twilight Lodge to the South Church. Does [b]Wilson[/b] want to trade anything as I move past?
Turn 11 Movement
Silver Twilight Lodge->South Church
Michael heads to Southside and approaches the South Church. At a time like this, he could really use some divine favor. He may be a criminal, but he reasons that he can still be a good Catholic. All I gotta do is confess my sins and do my penance, he thinks. Then I'm in good with God, right?

On his way to the church, he meets a drifter passing by on a motorcycle. The man stops and greets him, asking if he'd like a drink.

"Thanks, pal," says Michael, taking a bottle of bootleg whiskey that the motorcyclist offered him and surreptitiously hiding it under his coat. He then takes out the ham sandwich and gives it to him. "Here, want a bite to eat? Just, ah, don't ask where it's been."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Trade with Michael?,Michael can take Wilson's Whisky, he may need the Sanity (no image of the Whisky card - do one for you if you wish). I don't think there is anything that Wilson needs.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Thanks, I could sure use a stiff one! Please post a picture when you get a chance. I'll give you my Food in return. You'll probably need it more than I do, what with my special ability and high Stamina.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 11 Encounter
ooc,[b]Fight (-2) check[/b] =2d6: 2 6; gate to Lost Carcosa closed, spending 5 Clue tokens to seal the location.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Turn 11 Encounter
OOC,Sanity check: Will(2). 2d6. 1,2. Lost 3 sanity points http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2452591/
OOC,Combat: Fight(3)+Gunsmith(3)=6d6-Combat rating (1)=5d6. Need 3 success. 2,5,2,3,5. Failed, get 3 damage.
Suddenly Leo saw a tree moving. Only it wasn't a tree: it had mouths and it look some hell creature. When Leo awaked from the shock, the creature was near him; he shot it, but for no avail.

OOC: Anyone knows what happened to my second weapon?I was supposed to have an axe, and now it's gone. I really miss the 2 damage points.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Turn 11 Encounter

As Monty is walking down the street a kid comes racing along. Monty was unable to avoid the kid in the automobile and was clipped by it when it passed.
ooc,Monty -2 stamina
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 11 Arkham Encounter
South Church
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] exchanges his Gate Trophy for a Blessing. Please post an image of a Blessing card somewhere so I can copy it to my character sheet. [b]Leo[/b] does still have his Axe and the .38 Revolver. However, the Dark Young has Physical Resistance, meaning that your weapons only give half their Combat bonus, rounded up. Thus, the .38 gives you +2 and the Axe gives you +1, meaning that you rolled the correct number of dice after all. However, you do need to finish the fight. This battle is to the finish, not just one round. Since you got two successes already, I recommend using Clues one at a time until you get a third. You have 8 Clues and you only need 5 to seal the Gate when you return. You can do this now, in the first round, so that you can avoid taking damage. Even if this takes you below 5 Clues, you should still do it. Getting knocked out here means you'll be Lost in Time and Space, and you'll lose Clues anyway. Better to survive and take the trophy, then return to Arkham and gather more Clues if that happens. Also, don't forget you have Leadership, so you can reduce the Sanity loss by 1. Tabs, since Kabukiman is absent, do you want to complete his battle?
Michael enters the church and goes straight to the confessional. "Forgive me, Father," he says to the priest on the other side of the grating, "for I have sinned. It's been...far too long since my last confession."

"What are you sins, my son?" asks the priest.

"Well...where do I start? I've killed a bunch of guys. Uh, you do realize you're not allowed to tell the cops about this, right?"

"Of course, my son."

"Well, a lot of them are on our payroll anyway. I've beat some people up, broken a few kneecaps. I've stolen stuff and traded in stolen stuff. I've coveted. I've had impure thoughts. I haven't committed adultery, that's just asking for trouble, but fornication, I've done a lot of that. I've used a lot of dirty words. I've done a bunch of other stuff I can't even remember." He pats the whiskey bottle. "Oh, and I broke the Prohibition laws. Well, not techinically since I didn't actually buy this, I bartered for it, but-"

"Let's start with these guys you killed."

"Well, they needed killin'. They were real bad - worse than me, even. These guys were total wackoes, Father. Worshipping the vilest abominations, using demonic powers. And they tried to kill me first if it matters."

"Yes, it does."

"I'm just trying to save this town. I've got a lot invested in it, and I can't have creepy-crawlies from other worlds poking their tentacles into it and messing things up. These holes between worlds are opening up, and I managed to seal one of them, but there are more of them forming all the time."

"Are you sure you shouldn't go to the Sanitarium?"

"Hell, I've already been there. I mean heck! Sorry, Father."

"You're going to need to do some serious penance for what you've done, my child. You say you want to save Arkham? Then that is your penance. I've noticed more than a few strange things happening around Arkham. If you can put a stop to it, that would go a long way."

"Actually, i could use a little help there, Father. Can you put in a good word with the big guy upstairs?"

"Consider it done, my son."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 11 Arkham Encounter
ooc,Newspaper: Flipping through the early edition, you are surprised to see that one of the classified ads begins with your name. Reading it, you realize that it contains several coded clues to the nature of the threat that faces Arkham. Pass a [b]Lore (-3) check[/b] to gain 3 Clue tokens. Lore 5 -3 =2d6: 3 1; [b]failure[/b].
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 11 Other World Encounter
ooc,Combat against Dark Young, 1 more success required, spending Clue token to roll 1d6: 2; 4; 2; 6; [b]success[/b]!
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 11 Mythos
Image Image
Doom token added to the doom track; monster movement: Dhole -> Blasted Heath, Colour Out of Space -> 4-6 all investigators in Arkham lose 1 Sanity*. (1d6=4) Ugh!. $6 ransom added to the Mad Bomber.

*The Sanity loss effects Wilson, Michael, Jenny and Monterey. Wilson is driven temporarily insane and is taken to Arkham Asylum.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Turn 12 Upkeep
ooc,no change, Monty earns [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2461076/]$2[/url]
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 12 Upkeep
ooc,No changes. Wilson will stay at the Asylum and restore his Sanity.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 11 Upkeep
ooc,Speed ->3 Sneak <-2; Fight ->3 Will <-0. Move to The Unnamable, read True Magick on the way, Evade the Tcho-Tcho, Combat the Maniac - the old fella can take the dribbling imbecile; then, enter the gate in the encounter phase.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 12 Upkeep
ooc,Jenny sighs and puts her arms around Eric’s broad shoulders as the gate to the city of Carcosa closes. With the information she had gathered on the cursed place, Jenny was able to seal the gate forever. [color=#FF00FF]We did it! [/color] She then snaps at Ammi. [color=#FF00FF]No thanks to you yah damn dirty gardener. I saw you watchin’ us fore we got sucked into that heavenly inferno. I can’t blame yah though! Who wouldn’t want a little peek at me and Erik doing the horizontal shuffle. [/color] She pats poor Ammi on the head and thinks devilishly to herself. [i]Maybe I’ll give yah one last show fore I cut yah…[/i] Jenny receives $1 Jenny makes no changes...
ooc- Hey Tabs! Are we out of order here? Either way, here's my Upkeep.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Turn 12 Upkeep
OOC,No changes
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 12 Upkeep
South Church
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] increases his Fight from 3 to 4 and decreases his Will from 4 to 3. He uses his Whiskey in the Mythos phase to reduce Sanity loss to 0 from the Colour out of Space. There is no need to roll for the Blessing this turn, as it was just obtained.
Michael suddenly feels uneasy as he leaves the confessional, as if something is trying to sap his will. He quickly takes out his whiskey and downs the liquid courage in one gulp. Feeling much better, he prepares to leave. The sensation seems to be coming from the southwest, in the wooded area outside of Arkham. Whatever he has to face must be there.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2 - The Dunwich Horror”