Dunwich Horror IC

Azathoth, the nuclear chaos at the heart of the universe, is stirring. If it awakens, it will mean the end of all things. And in Dunwich, the degenerate Whateley clan plans to unleash a horrible monstrosity. Can Wilson Richards, Michael McGlen, Jenny Barnes, Monterey Jack, Leo Anderson, and Harvey Walters save the day, or will they be too late?

Moderator: Tabs

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Dunwich Horror IC

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 4 Upkeep
City of the Great Race (1st area)
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] increases his Fight from 3 to 4 and decreases his Will from 4 to 3.
Michael grips his Tommy gun tightly and begins to explore this strange world in which he finds himself, ready for trouble.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 4 Upkeep

Jenny changes her movement to 2 and Sneak to 2

Jenny collects 1 dollar
ooc,Jenny plans on going to the General Store to pick up a gun or something
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Voodoo »

Turn 4 Upkeep

Monty changes movement to 4 and sneak to 0
Monty collects $2
Retainer discard roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2326891/]4[/url]
Last edited by Voodoo on Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Turn 4 Upkeep
OOC,Lore >2, Luck <3
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 4 Upkeep
OOC,Harvey refreshes the Spell: Mists of Releh.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Turn 4 Upkeep
No changes
OOC,Leo discards Armitage
Leo suddenly sensed that something was wrong in the city. The animals seemed insane trying to runn, and even people was affected. His old friend Armitage called him.
-So i finally started.
-What?- asked Leo
-The return of the Old Ones. They are claming what was theirs once. Don't you feel it?
-Great Old Ones? What is that?
-Listen to me, We are running out of time, but I think I can still buy some time. Before humanity, there were other creatures, powerful and magical; for some reason they entered in a deep sleep but now they are awakening again; if they do, it's the end of our kind. The stars are right, but I know a spell that can delay that, until your find some solution. I will have to sacrifice myself and...
-WHAT? ARE YOU INSANE? This talk doesn't make any sense!
-Listen to me! You from all others should know that reality isn't what we see! I have to go now. You have already precious informations; they are gates and you must seal them! Do it quickly! I'm doing my part! Goodbye, and God have mercy of my soul!
Leo saw his friend going away.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Leo[/b] still has [b]Armitage[/b] for now. He has to move to the Downtown streets during the Movement phase and then discard him during the Arkham Encounter Phase. Interestingly, he doesn't leave the game - he is returned to the Ally deck when he is discarded, so he's not dead or gone.
Turn 4 Movement
City of the Great Race (1st area)->City of the Great Race (2nd area)

Michael walks through the bizarre desert landscape, looking for a way home.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 4 Movement

Jenny walks casually down the street with Eric Colt close beside her. Her short journey takes her through the Merchant district and into Rivertown. She then stops and takes off her heels.

Owwww! Eric Sweety! These dogs are killing me! Could yah give a gal a lift handsome?

Then Eric Colt picks her up and carries her to the General Store!
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Turn 4 Movement

Monty decides it might be helpful to explore the local Graveyard for clues. As He's passing by the Merchent District he notices a familiar old man hes seen pictures of before. "Professor Walters? My name is Monty, I actually have a few items I think you might find interesting. I was going to bring them to you later but it appears as luck would have it I no longer need to." Monty hands over the Gate Box and True Magick, "I hope these can be of some use to you." With a smile and a wave Monty continues on his way to the Graveyard.
Item Links,[img]http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/makken123/GateBox.jpg[/img], [img]http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/makken123/TrueMagick.jpg[/img]
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 4 Movement
Bishop's Brook Bridge -> Science Building
OOC,Pay $1 and 1 move point to take the train to Arkham & a further 4 move points from the Train Station to the Science Building. Combat vs Byakhee: Horror check, Will 3 -1 =2d6: 2 3; lose 1 Sanity. Combat check, Fight 1 +1[Earl] +4[Shotgun] +0 =6d6: 5 4 2 2 4 1; [b]success[/b] and monster trophy taken. Combat vs Byakhee: Horror check, Will 3 -1 =2d6: 5 5; no Sanity loss. Combat check, Fight 1 +1[Earl] +4[Shotgun] +0 =6d6: 1 2 5 4 6 5; [b]success[/b] and monster trophy taken.
Three men on a motorcycle, like crazy acrobatic clowns from the circus, skid to a stop upon the Science Building's gravel drive.
"The hole to ... to elsewhere, is here - and we're gonna plug it," says Wilson, unwrapping 'Bess' and clamping the shotgun's stock under his arm. Speaking to Earl Sawyer, Professor Rice and Bess he simply says, "Let's do it!"
"Look... up there," exclaims Prof. Rice, pointing to the gabled roof of the Science Buiding. "Good God! Two pterodactyls."
Recognition of a threat is mutual; with twin squawks - which sounds as if they suffer from the mother of all bellyaches, the Byakhee plunge down upon them.
Wilson glances to his left: the Prof. is cowering in the dirt, to his right: Earl is scratching around for pebbles; his eyes popping at the terrific carrion birds, he screams out, "I will double barrel you both and blow you to kingdom come!"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 4 Movement
Merchant District -> Science Building

"Thank you young man," says Harvey Walters, accepting the book and box, "I shall make good use of these."
OOC,Exhaust True Magick and spend 1 move point: [b]Lore (-1) check[/b], 5 -1 =4d6: 3 5 1 4; [b]success[/b], gain 1 Clue token and lose 1 Sanity [investigator special ability reduces Sanity loss by 1].
~
He wanders up to the Science Building, noting the motorcycle lying on the lawn. A scrofulous individual is wrapping a tool in sack cloth - obviously the gardener.
Indicating the motorcycle: "I say, you there, yes you; is that contraption yours? Park it correctly, not just anywhere."
Wilson Richards spits at Harvey Walter's feet.
"Oh! Outrageous."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Turn 4 Movement
Leo started to walk to downtonw. He didn't see anyone interesting, and there he said his final goodbies to his friend Armitage. He felt that the sky was more and more menacing.
-Well, it seem its time to say goodbye.
- Do not worry old friend, with some luck we may get together in a happier time
OOC,Leo walks to dowtown
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 4 Encounter

Jenny purchases the map.
ooc,Jenny removes $2 from her Investigator Sheet
Hold this for me would you Eric Sweety! I've never been good with directions.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Turn 4 Encounter
attack roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2335908/]success[/url]
As Monty makes his way through the graveyard, he watches as something rises from behind one of the gravestones. Almost faster then Monty can react, the vampire charges him. Drawing his revolver he puts two bullets in the beasts chest, stunning it. Grabbing a piece of wood, Apparently broke off a nearby casket, Monty impales it through the chest, pinning it to the ground under both their weight. With the monsters death shrieks still present, Monty continues on his search.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Turn 4 Encounter

FInaly Leo said goodbye to his old friend.
-What a minute. I still have a gift for you: I used this cloak when I was young. It is black, and its easy if you are in a dark place to try to hide yourselve. And you may find something interesting in today newspaper.
OOC,discard Armitage
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 4 Other World Encounter
City of the Great Race (2nd area)
OOC,Combat check(4+6[Tommy Gun]+1[Cultist]=11 dice) fighting the Cultist, Round 1: 3 3 3 4 3 6 6 4 3 2 6 [b]Michael[/b] defeats the Cultist and claims it as a trophy.
As Michael walks through the desert, he sees a vast city of enormous cyclopean buildings in the distance, all of them oddly shaped. He approaches it, as it is the only thing of interest in this wasteland. As he reaches the gate, he sees a man in a black hooded robe standing in front of it. He boldly walks up to the man. "What are you doing here?" he asks.

"I await my master," says the stranger.

"Your master? Would he be a blond fellow who likes to chant?"

"Yes, that is him. He should have returned by now. We need a victim for the sacrifice. I suppose you'll have to do." With that, he pulls out a wicked-looking axe from under his robes.

"Your wait is over. I'll send you to meet him." Michael turns his Thompson on the robed man and fires a short burst, riddling him with holes. The man falls, slain instantly, and his blood mingles with the sand. After taking the axe and rifling the dead man's robes, where he finds a fresh ham sandwich of all things, Michael strolls through the now unobstructed gate to the alien city.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

R'lyeh (1st area)
OOC,Zombie. Horror check, Will 3 -1 =2d6: 6 1; no Sanity loss. Combat check, Fight 1 +1[Earl] +5[Rifle] -2 =5d6: 5 6 6 4 3; [b]success[/b] and Zombie taken as a monster trophy.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

R'lyeh (1st area)
OOC,No Sanity loss (investigator special ability).
The ascending staircase has a chipped soapstone banister, the newel post is carved in the likeness of an alien monstosity; Harvey Walters reaches out and touches a tentacle of the statue, but quickly withdraws his hand. Rubbing thumb and forefinger together, Harvey grimaces at the glutinous slime and putrid stench; the smell reminds him of seaside holidays and 'rockpooling': shells and crab husks in a damp canvas bag, hanging beside a fire.

Three shadowy forms are lit by a shocking burst of yellow fire, the light snuffs out and is followed by an echoing report; for a heartbeat Harvey's body is arthritic with terror.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 5 Mythos
Image Image Image
Doom token added to the doom track (5th). Monster movement: Wizard Whateley & Elder Thing -> Downtown, Hound of Tindalos -> Graveyard, Colour Out of Space [roll 1d6: 5 - all investigators in Arkham lose 1 Sanity].
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 5 Upkeep

Jenny raises her sneak to 3 and lowers her speed to 1

Jenny collects 1 dollar
ooc,Jenny plans on going to the Witch cave to pick up the 2 clue token there and investigate the gate.

Return to “Episode 2 - The Dunwich Horror”