Dunwich Horror IC

Azathoth, the nuclear chaos at the heart of the universe, is stirring. If it awakens, it will mean the end of all things. And in Dunwich, the degenerate Whateley clan plans to unleash a horrible monstrosity. Can Wilson Richards, Michael McGlen, Jenny Barnes, Monterey Jack, Leo Anderson, and Harvey Walters save the day, or will they be too late?

Moderator: Tabs

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Dunwich Horror IC

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 3 Upkeep
Hibb's Roadhouse
OOC,Is [b]Leo[/b] going to read the Old Journal and get those extra Clues? Also, can I count on him using his special ability to protect me from Sanity loss in my battles at the Black Cave? [b]Michael[/b] increases his Sneak from 2 to 3 and decreases his Speed from 4 to 3.
Michael prepares to slip out of Hibb's Roadhouse and head for the Black Cave. He had heard some of the folks talking about strange happenings there.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Mr. Handy wrote:Image
Turn 3 Upkeep
Hibb's Roadhouse
OOC,Is [b]Leo[/b] going to read the Old Journal and get those extra Clues? Also, can I count on him using his special ability to protect me from Sanity loss in my battles at the Black Cave? [b]Michael[/b] increases his Sneak from 2 to 3 and decreases his Speed from 4 to 3.
Michael prepares to slip out of Hibb's Roadhouse and head for the Black Cave. He had heard some of the folks talking about strange happenings there.
OOC,yes, I will protect your sanity. And I'will read the journal
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 3 Upkeep
Train Station

Jenny collects 1 dollar
ooc,Jenny plans on going to the Unamable to pick up the clue tokens. Is Leo going to beat her to it?
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Voodoo »

Turn 3 Upkeep

Monty collects $2 from his retainer
OOC,Monty will go back to the Curiosite Shoppe on movement.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Upkeep
OOC,No changes. Turn 3: A move to Bishop's Brook Bridge and encounter using his Special Ability to gain $1.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Upkeep
OOC,Fight>3, Will<0. Turn 3: Evade the Fire Vampire and move to Merchant District streets.
'A thousand tiny fires, the size of match flames, swept from the sky.'
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Turn 3 movement phase
OOC,Leo returns to the THE UNNAMABLE to get those 2 Clue tokens He also spends one movement point to read the old journal Lore check: will 3-1=2d6= 5,3. Passed, winn 3 clue tokens.
Leo decide then to return to the old house, maybe, he didn't notice something important?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 3 Movement
Hibb's Roadhouse->Black Cave
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] spends 3 movement points to go to the Black Cave. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2303547/]Horror check(Will-1) for encountering Warlock (3d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] loses no Sanity from the Warlock. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2303552/]Fight check(3+6[Tommy Gun]-3[Warlock]=6 dice) fighting the Warlock, Round 1, 2 Toughness (6d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] misses in Round 1. Strong Body cancels out the 1 Stamina damage from the Warlock. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2303553/]Fight check(3+6[Tommy Gun]-3[Warlock]=6 dice) fighting the Warlock, Round 2, 2 Toughness (6d6.hits(5)=2)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] defeats the Warlock in Round 2 and gains 2 Clue tokens. He now has 6. The Warlock is returned to the box and removed from the game. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2303562/]Horror check(-2) for encountering the Dimensional Shambler (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] fails his Horror check. [b]Leo[/b]'s Leadership prevents the 1 Sanity loss. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2303566/]Fight check(3+6[Tommy Gun]-2[Dimensional Shambler]=7) fighting the Dimensional Shambler, Round 1 (7d6.hits(5)=2)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] defeats the Dimensional Shambler and claims it as a trophy. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2303567/]Horror check(-3) for encountering Elder Thing (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] fails his Horror check and loses 2 Sanity from the Elder Thing, leaving him with 1. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2303568/]Fight check(3+6[Tommy Gun]=9) fighting the Elder Thing, Round 1, 2 Toughness (9d6.hits(5)=5)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] defeats the Elder Thing and claims it as a trophy. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2303569/]Evade check(-1) to evade the Hound of Tindalos (2d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] evades the Hound of Tindalos.
Michael heads over to the Black Cave. As he approaches the dark and forbidding cave mouth, he can see some sort of glow coming from within it. A strange blond man stands in the entrance, facing it and chanting in a completely alien language. As Michael walks up, he finishes chanting and turns. A shadowy form begins to coalesce further inside the cave.

"What are you doing here?" asks Michael.

"Can't you feel the energy?" the man says. "This cave exists at a nexus between worlds, a rift in time and space. Rituals are stronger when performed here."

"What kind of rituals? What's that back in the cave?"

"Just a little friend I've summoned. I can't tell you about the rituals, or I'd have to kill you." He shrugs. "Well, I have to kill you anyway. I formed this gate to return from a journey to another place and time. As more of these gates open, the mighty Azathoth will grow stronger and awaken from his slumber to visit destruction upon the world."

Michael laughs and sets down his violin case. "You might not find me so easy to kill. You say you opened the gate? How do you close it, then?"

"Oh, it's simple. Just repeat the chant in reverse. A pity you will not live to use this knowledge." A ball of eldritch blue flame began to appear in the man's hand, but Michael was unafraid. This was just a man, and he could be killed like any other. He popped open the violin case. "What are you going to do, play some violin music?" the warlock mocked him.

"Yeah - some real sad stuff." He grabbed up his Tommy gun. "Say hello to my little friend." With that, he opened fire. The staccato of the burst ripped through the air as shell casings went flying and bullets streaked towards the magician. Some of them hit, but the first few bullets seemed to strike his flesh and fall to the earth, leaving nothing more than holes in his clothing. Still, one round clipped his shoulder and caused a trickle of blood.

Furiously, the warlock pulled back his arm and let the ball of blue flame fly at Michael as if he were pitching a fastball. It struck Michael square in the chest, but the tough guy could take it. "Kill him!" he screeched, pointing at Michael.

Those were his last words, as Michael cut loose with another burst. Leaden death filled the man full of holes and left him dead upon the ground.

Before he had a chance to catch his breath, the shadowy form emerged from the cave and rushed Michael. It was a large, furry creature that seemed to blur with every large stride it made. The sight alarmed him, but his instincts preserved him. His Tommy gun rattled until the drum was empty, and the creature was riddled with bullets, falling atop its dead master before fading into nothingness.

Michael reloaded and made his way into the cave. The odd glow was coming from around a corner - and so was a monster the likes of which he had never seen. The thing was barrel-chested with thin, membranous wings, and one look was enough to send him over the edge. He cut loose with the Thompson, shooting it so many times that there was hardly anything left of its body. He only stopped when he ran out of ammo. He slapped a third drum into place and continued around the corner.

The glow was visible at the back of the cavern, a swirling vortex of light and color where the wall should be. And in front of it was a large, hideous, vaguely canine thing. Not wanting to tangle with it, he stuck to the shadows and slinked along the cave wall, bypassing the monster and reaching the back.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 3 Movement
To Unnamable

Jenny realizes how ill prepared she is for her journey, so she decides to make her way to the General Store to pick up a few naughty things. Unfortunely in such a short minskirt and heels, she can't quite make it, so she decides to head to the Unnamable to give Leo a piece of her mind.
ooc,Jenny moves three spaces. Northside>Merchant District>Unnamable
You seem to be one step ahead of me! Jenny says to Leo.

Whos feeding you information tall dark and handsome? Are you stalking me sailor?

Jenny bats an eye at Leo and then flashes his professor ally a sultry look.

It's awefully dangerous for a woman to be walking alone, don't you think Leo? Would you consider lending me your side kick! i'm sure a big strong man such as yourself has no need for protection. I'll pay you for your troubles of course.

Jenny reaches into her purse and fumbles for her money clip.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Turn 3 Movement
Monty moves to Curiosite Shoppe

Monty decides maybe he would be better off going back to the store he just left to see if he can find anything else of use.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Movement
Wizard's Hill -> Bishop's Brook Bridge
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Movement
Uptown -> Merchant District
OOC,Evade the Fire Vampire. Exhaust the Spell - Mists of Releh, Lore 5 +0 =5d6: 4 6 2 2 6. [b]Success[/b].
The magnificent phosporescent light flits from lamp post to portico, hunting the trembling Professor. Clutching a mildewed page Harvey Walters mutters the glyphs scratched upon it; instantaneously a cloud envelops him. The Professor steals away under cover.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Turn 3 encounter

Leo was happy: the place had actually the same stench of evil he feel before. And suddenly he say something. A jewel maybe maybe? But when his fingers grab the object he feeled dizzy and a sting. He just left whateaver it was.
OOC,http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2307297/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 3 Arkham Encounter
Hibb's Roadhouse->City of the Great Race (1st area)

Michael creeps closer to the swirling vortex at the back of the cave. He feels what seems like a strong wind pulling him closer. Before he can attempt to repeat the chant backwards, the wind suddenly pulls him into the portal and out of this world.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 3 Arkham Encounter

ooc,Jenny accepts Eric Colt as an ally and loses 2 sanity.
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Arkham Encounter
OOC,Wilson Richards will use his investigator special ability to earn $1.
He hands a pot to Earl and another to Prof. Rice. Using a horse hair brush he slaps creosote upon the rotten planks of Bishop's Brook Bridge. A ladybird runs along a joist, Wilson dribbles vile goo over it; entombing the tiny beetle for eternity.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Arkham Encounter
OOC,No encounter.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Turn 3 Encounter

While browsing through the racks of books, Monty stumbles upon a dusty tome that looks interesting and decides to purchase it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 3 Other World Encounter
City of the Great Race (1st area)
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2324189/]Fight(-1) roll to beat off the plant (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2324190/]Spending one Clue token to gain an extra die (1d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] spends 1 Clue token to pass the Fight check, leaving him with 5 (phew!).
Michael finds himself in a bizarre alien landscape, with no sign of a way back to Arkham. His Tommy gun still clutched in his hands, he peers around. The land is barren as far as he can see, except for a large plant that looks nothing like he's ever seen before on a rocky outcrop nearby. He walks over to give it a closer look...and that's when the thing opens up a set of massive jaws and engulfs him like a Venus flytrap! He tries to punch and kick his way out, but the thing has incredibly tough hide. It is only with the mightiest of efforts that the big man manages to force open the carnivorous plant's jaws and escape. He moves away from it, and fortunately it is unable to pursue him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Mythos
Image Image
Gate opens to R'lyeh at the Science Building, 4th doom token added to the doom track. Monsters spawned: 2 Byakhees. Movement: Fire Vampire -> Sky.

Return to “Episode 2 - The Dunwich Horror”