Dunwich Horror IC

Azathoth, the nuclear chaos at the heart of the universe, is stirring. If it awakens, it will mean the end of all things. And in Dunwich, the degenerate Whateley clan plans to unleash a horrible monstrosity. Can Wilson Richards, Michael McGlen, Jenny Barnes, Monterey Jack, Leo Anderson, and Harvey Walters save the day, or will they be too late?

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Dunwich Horror IC

Post by Tabs »

Image Image Image

Doom token added to doom track. Wraith moves to the Sky and is then returned to the monster cup. Clue token appears at Hibb's.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Re: Dunwich Horror IC

Post by Tabs »

Turn 1 - Upkeep
Train Station
OOC,No changes. Wilson will beg $2 off of Jenny, a one sided trade during Turn 1 - Movement (PM sent to DSIGFUSS). His plan is to travel to Dunwich.
Station master Merrimoles watches the dishevelled hobo stretch, yawn and sling an oddly shaped sack over his shoulder.

Wilson Richards pats his trusty shotgun and then takes a stale roll from his jacket pocket; he munches on his breakfast.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The Sky is considered to be a street area in the rules, and monster movement precedes the text of the Headline being carried out. Does this mean that the Wraith is returned to the cup?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 1 - Upkeep
Administration Building
OOC,Speed > 3, Sneak < 2
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Turn 1 Upkeep
River Docks
OOC,No changes
Leo had just arrived from a long trip, and was thinking to try to discover any clues about the tragedy of his expedition.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 1 Upkeep
Ma's Boarding House
OOC,No changes.
Michael McGlen rises from his bed in his room in Ma's Boarding House. He slides out his violin case from under the bed and opens it. Within the case is not a musical instrument - unless that music is the staccato percussion of bullets being fired in a rapid stream. Instead the case contains a fully loaded Thompson submachine gun and several spare drums of .45 ammunition. He also has a stick of dynamite tucked away where the violin's bow would normally be stored. He cleans the weapon thoroughly and smiles, not with joy but with grim determination. "They're gonna pay for what they did to Fast Louie," he says to himself, though he has no idea who - or what - "they" are...yet. Once he is finished, he carefully places his Tommy gun back in the violin case, shuts it, and locks it. He shaves, gets dressed in his dapper suit and hat, and eats breakfast. Then he picks up his violin case, along with the copy of that creepy old play he had found in the library the other day. He hadn't read it yet, and he wasn't big on books, but from skimming it he had the feeling that it contained useful information in it. Maybe he could find an egghead who could make more sense out of it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Jenny sniffs the bum and turns her nose indignantly. She quickly reaches into her purse and pulls out 2 dollars. Desperately trying not to make eye contact, she drops the cash into the hobo's hand hoping he will stop pestering her and hurries out of the station bent on making it to the curiosity shoppe before it closes.

[Spoiler-Button]Jenny gave two dollers to Winston and then added one dollar for the first upkeep phase. She now has 9 dollars.[/Spoiler-Button]
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Post by Voodoo »

OOC,No Change
Monty decides to spend a little time browsing in the Curiositie Shoppe. Opening the door he steps inside, Filled with a nervous energy about what wonders he may find. "Hello, Is anyone here? I have come to peruse your fine wares."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 1 Movement
Train Station - Whateley Farm
OOC,$2 trade with Jenny Barnes. 4 Speed +2 Motorcycle =6 movement points; train to Bishops Brook Bridge (cost $1), continuing to Whateley Farm & picking up Clue token.
"Thank you, Miss," says Wilson as the young lady drops $2 into his hat. He sees her nose twitch at his odour, Wilson Richards makes a mental note: during the next rainstorm he will stand under a broken drain pipe.

The steam train puffs out smuts which attach themselves to Wilsons' jacket. He leans out of the end carriage, catching gulps of country air and surveying the woods and hills. There are many peculiar looking menhirs on the hills crown; a cold finger runs down his spine.

"Nexxxt stop, DUNWICH!" yells the conductor.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 1 Movement
Administration - Southside
OOC,3 movement points. Harvey will trade with [b]Michael McGlen[/b], King in Yellow for Enchanted Cane? - Harvey will avoid all combat.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Turn 1 Movement
OOC,Leo moves to the THE UNNAMABLE to get one clue token
In the docks, Leo found an old drunk sailor. He was asking for some whiskey, and cursing because everyone was laughing him. Then he said a phrase: "That the unnamable dries your tongue!", and everyone turned pale. Leo was curious, but everyone had just vanished. So Leo had to pay a bottle of whiskey to the old drunk. What he said didn't made much sense: he spoke about sacrifices and cults. But Leo decide to see by himself and walked to the place.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 1 Movement
Ma's Boarding House->Silver Twilight Lodge
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] will trade his King In Yellow to [b]Harvey[/b] for the Enchanted Cane. He spends 3 movement points to go to the Silver Twilight Lodge and collects 1 Clue token.
Ma is sitting in her rocking chair in the living room as Michael heads out. "Off to work, Mr. McGlen?" she asks.

"Yeah, work," says Michael, smiling at the old lady. As far as she knows he's a musician, and she's smart enough not to ask any questions. "Good day." He steps outside and puts on his hat.

As he walks through the streets, he encounters Harvey Walters, an old professor from Miskatonic University. "Hey, professor," he says. "I found this book the other day and thought maybe you could make some sense out of it." He shows him his copy of the King in Yellow. "It looks like it's a play, but reading it makes my head hurt. Maybe you can cipher out what it's all about."

The professor flips open the cover. "Why, this is a rare edition!" he exclaims. "I couldn't just take it without giving you something in return, though."

"What about that fancy walking stick of yours?" Michael points at the cane Harvey carries.

"Yes, that sounds like a good trade." Harvey exchanges the cane for the book.

Michael continues on his way into French Hill, where he sees the big imposing edifice that houses the Silver Twilight Lodge. "These guys are supposed to be into that mumbo jumbo," he says to himself. "Maybe they'll know something." He walks up to the door and goes inside.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Jenny hurriedly makes her way to the curiosity shop, still shaking in disgust from her brief encounter with the hobo. Maybe she could find some transient repellant amongst the shop keepers wares. As she enters the shop, she spots the handsome archaeologist and impatiently waits in line for service.

"Uh hem! Are you open? Or do you honestly expect us to wait around here all day?"
ooc,Jenny draws two cards from the unique items deck. Could you please tell me what she pulls during the enconter phase Tabs? Or should I wait?
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Three Unique Items, actually. Tabs will show you what the cards are during the Arkham Encounters phase, and then you'll choose which one to buy. You can also trade with Monterey Jack now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 1 Encounter
OOC,Whateley Farm As you approach the old Whateley farm, a man runs up to you. “For God’s sake, don’t go in there!” He introduces himself as Earl Sawyer, the Whateley’s nearest neighbor. You talk, and he reveals a dangerous plan for dealing with the strange goings-on. If you add 1 Dunwich Horror token to the board, he joins you. Take his Ally card if it’s available. If it is not, draw 1 Spell, 1 Unique Item, and 1 Common Item. Earl Sawyer: a great Ally and is too tempting - I hope the Dunwich Horror doesn’t awake. :( [img]http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/makken123/EarlSawyer.jpg[/img]
Earl Sawyer’s long face seems honest enough; Wilson accepts the offer of help.

As the two men stand upon the dusty track outside the Whateley farm they instinctively duck their heads when they hear a sharp whip-crack of a noise; it comes from an outlying barn.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 1 Encounter
OOC,No encounter.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Turn 1 Encounter
Leo arrived at the malignant place. But all he found was an old crumbling house. He entered but didn't see anything of interest.
OOC,Luck roll 2d6-1d6: 1d6=3. Failed.
"Those locals are really a chicken bunch"-thought Leo. I Better go another place.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 1 Arkham Encounter
Silver Twilight Lodge
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] spends $3 and gains a Silver Twilight Lodge membership.
Michael looks around in wonder at the lobby of the Silver Twilight Lodge, filled with all sorts of bizarre decorations he cannot even begin to understand. There are several people standing around in a circle, all of them wearing black hooded robes. One of them is taller than the others, many of whom are hulking and muscular. They turn when Michael enters and approach him. The tall one pulls back his hood, revealing the head of a man with penetrating eyes. "I'm Carl Sanford," he says. "Care to join the order?"

"I'm interested in finding out more about this stuff," says Michael, "but I'm not much good at studying dusty books or anything."

"That's okay. There are many things for members of the order to do besides that. There is always room for someone big and strong such as yourself." He indicates the henchmen flanking him. "I think you'll find that this is an offer you cannot refuse."

Michael nods knowingly. For all he knows, this Sanford fellow is behind what happened to Fast Louie, but he can find out more from the inside. "Okay, I'm in. What do I gotta do?"

"Well, first you must pay your membership dues. Three dollars must be paid regularly by all members, and the first payment is due upon joining." Michael nods again and hands Carl Sanford three bucks. "Congratulations, Mr. McGlen. Welcome to the Silver Twilight Lodge. I knew you'd make the right decision."

Wait a minute, thinks Michael. I never told him my name!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 1 Mythos
ImageImageImage
Doom token added to the doom track. Fire Vampire moves to the Sky. Clue tokens appear at The Unnamable* and Train Station. *Clue token picked up by Leo Anderson, [that is correct isn't it, Mr. Handy?].
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Jenny causually peruses the curiosity shoppe's wares until finally she settles on an old creepy looking mask.
Spoiler:
ooc, Jenny removes four dollars from her purse and takes the pallid mask card.
Perhaps if I loked like this, I wouldn't get so much attention from these low life townies.

Return to “Episode 2 - The Dunwich Horror”