Dunwich Horror IC

Azathoth, the nuclear chaos at the heart of the universe, is stirring. If it awakens, it will mean the end of all things. And in Dunwich, the degenerate Whateley clan plans to unleash a horrible monstrosity. Can Wilson Richards, Michael McGlen, Jenny Barnes, Monterey Jack, Leo Anderson, and Harvey Walters save the day, or will they be too late?

Moderator: Tabs

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Dunwich Horror IC

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Michael[/b] spends 3 movement points to move to the Silver Twilight Lodge. He collects 1 Clue token, giving him a total of 5.
Turn 10 Movement
Merchant District->Silver Twilight Lodge
Michael makes his way down to French Hill and returns to the Silver Twilight Lodge. As he enters, he hears chanting that sounds eerily like the chants he heard that strange blond-haired warlock doing back at the cave. Intrigued, he heads for the inner sanctum.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 10 Movement
ooc,Jenny enters the second area of Carcosa.
After Jenny's strange jaunt through the lost city streets of Carcosa, she passes through a massive gated structure covered with pictograms. The pictures move slightly in corners of Jenny’s vision but never out in the open. If Jenny were to guess, the gate signified the division of classes in the city but she couldn’t tell to which class she was walking towards. Judging by the pictograms, whatever class of residency she was entering, they valued sharp teeth and eyes. Many, many, many eyes.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Voodoo »

Turn 10 Movement
ooc,Curiousitte Shoppe--->Merchent District
Realizing he probably won't be able to find what he's looking for Monty decides to head to the Merchent District. Waving goodbye to the owner and securing his purchase Monty steps out into the street. adventure awaits again.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Turn 10 Movement
Yuggoth (1st area)
Wilson Richards sings:
"What is this that stands before me
"Figure in black is pointing at me
"Oh no!"

Earl Sawyer claps his hands over his ears: "He's off again, I can't stand his voice, it's like a bullfrog being squashed."
Professor Rice replies, "Ignore him and perhaps he'll stop."
daedalum
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Post by daedalum »

Turn 10 Movement
OOC,Exhaust True Magic lore check (-1) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2417303/ Success! Harvey gains 1 clue, ignores 1 point san loss
Harvey decides to stay in the docks area in the hopes of gathering some cash to pay off this Mad Bomber chap.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Turn 10 Movement

Leo saw a light to the west.
"There must be a house there, maybe I get a place to sleep this night."
After walking some time, he saw the light was at the top of a small hill. And then he saw a man with a knife in his hand, a dead child and with a cloak screaming some words that were starting to be familiar: "Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fthagn!" and some others that were impossible to understand. Worst were the presence of a very palid man with claws and... a ghost???
OOC,Cultist: no horror check Combat: Fight (3)+.38 revolver (3)+axe(2)+cultist combat rating (1)= 9d6. Need one success. 2,6,3,6,4,4,1,5,5. Cultist dead. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2418027/
The cultist looked at Leo and said: "I'm almost opening the portal to bring the begging of all things to our world! Azathot will reing in our earth!A nd you will be his final sacrifice !"
He then charged but Leo shot him in the chest; the man was probably dead when still with impulse he was near to Leo, so Leo chopped his head. Leo looked at the creatures to see if they had been impressed, but they just attacked anyway...
OOC,Vampire Horror check: Will(2)-Horror Rating (0)=2d6. Need 1 success. Failed. Spend one 1 clue token. Passed, no sanity loss http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2418035/ Combat: Fight(3)+.38 revolver(3/2=1,5, rounded up it's 2)+axe(2/2=1)=6d6-Combat rating (3)=3d6. Thougness 2 (need 2d6 of success). 3,5,1. One success, spend one clue token. Vampire dead. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2418048/
The palid man with the claws seemed to hypnotise Leo, but it was probably a trick of Leo imagination, so Leo shot him; this one was more robust, and Leo needed several hits to kill him.
"How do kill a ghost? He didn't needed any help to see that his weapons were useless. But he had another trump card in his sleeve...

OOC,Ghost Horror check: Will(2)-Horror Rating(2)=0. Failed, lost 2 sanity. Combat: Fight (3). No weapons bonus, because of the combat immunity. Use the dread curse of Azathot: Lore (3)- casting modifier (2). Failed. Spend one clue token. Passed. Pay two sanity. Figth (3)+ Dread curse of Azathot (9)=12d6-Combat Rating(3)=9d6. Need 1 success. 5,1,1,2,2,1,1,4,4. Combat win
Leo guarded his weapons in his bag and started a chant. Leo was frigthened, when the ghost was near him, feeling it's unnatural coldness, and it's whisper of torments in another world. He almost lost his concentration. Almost. Then the ghost screamed and Leo stoped the chanting, realizing that the creature was dissolving.
Leo use leadership to reduce one lost point of sanity.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 10 Arkham Encounter
Silver Twilight Lodge (Inner Sanctum)
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] gains $5. He now has $5 total.
Michael arrives at the inner sanctum of the Silver Twilight Lodge in time for some sort of ceremony. There is a lot of chanting and more of that hocus pocus these guys in robes seem fond of. He doesn't know the words, and he isn't quite sure what they'll do, so he hums along instead.

After the ritual ends, one of the Lodge brothers pulls Michael aside. "I had a very disturbing dream last night," he says. "It told me that something terrible would happen unless I gave you this." As he said it, he pressed a folded $5 bill into Michael's palm.

"Thanks, buddy," says Michael. I wonder what made him do that? he thinks. If I could figure out how to give people nightmares, this could really help our protection rackets increase their profits.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Turn 10 Encounter
ooc,Monty pays $7 to mad bomber and now has $0
As Monty makes his way through the Merchant District he is approached by two men. As they near him one of the men steps towards Monty and whispers, "Pardon me Sir, Have you by any chance heard about the threats?" Hearing this Monty stops short and looks to the man, "What threats do you speak of?" Picking up on Monty's obvious curiosity the man continues, "Well Sir, There have been threats to plant bombs all around Arkham if a the city does not pay a certain amount of money to the bomber. Me and this gentleman here have taken it upon ourselves to go forth and try to find folks, Such as yourself, Who may wish to donate to the ransom in hopes of keeping our fair city safe." Monty ponders what the man has said for a second before fishing in his pocket and pulling out a wad of bills, "I would be honored to help, Unfortunately this is all I have to give right now." With that said Monty hand the man his money before continuing on his way.
daedalum
Layman
Layman

Post by daedalum »

Turn 10 Encounter
OOC,Will check (+1) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2421870/ a five! yay
Once again the professor wanders down to the waters edge, lost in thought. He feels the cool dark depths calling to him, like an ancient genetic memory. Perhaps the answers to all his questions lie there somewhere. If only he could stretch out and...
He snaps out of his reverie and turns away from the water
"I know what I must do!"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Turn 10 encounter
OOC,speed:4-1=3d6. Need 2 success. 6,1,4. Spend 1 clue token, success. Got 5 more tokens http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2424110/
Leo was finaly on the top of the hill. And suddenly he felt dizzy. He looked and he wasn't in Dunwitch. He was in a strange island; the sea was calm, but was menacing. On the island he could see Cyclopic stones. And weird carvings in them. And he hear a strange noise, like if the island itself was breathing. he was feeling it wasn't a normal place, but some living nightmare. Suddenly, he saw a skeleton; by the cloths, it had been a sailor. There was a book in the hand; He open it and saw it was a diary. Then he felt that the sound was getting closer. It's imagination? Leo decide to retire to the sea, and by luck, he saw a small boat. Then he heard the sound: it was something running. Leo didn't have the courage to look behind, he felt he would regret. He jump to the boat.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 10 Encounter
ooc,Jenny loses her dusty manuscripts.
Rowing away from the terrible island of Carcosa Jenny urges her two men forward, thankful to finally be rid of the lost city's orchestra from hell. She watches the island shrink in the distance and rubs Eric's shoulders. How could she think about doing what she planned to do. Ammi was a no brainer. She'd slit his throat and toss him in the lake now if that didn't mean that she would have to row. Eric would be much more difficult to sacrifice. Oh she knew he'd have a good time. She would not let him pass on into the after life until they had reached a climax in their relationship. Or at least before she climaxed.

Then a dark shadow passes under the boat. Jenny reached instinctively for her Tommy Gun but the small satchel containing her dusty old manuscripts and some letters from her sister fell into the water instead. Jenny stretched out her arm into the water as a long suckered tentacle bats away her hand and retrieves the book. The shadow slowly disappears into the deep blue Ocean and Jenny screams as the creature flees with her secrets.

Damn you Ammi. I said keep the boat steady.

She then thinks to herself. I'll have no problem killing you old man! No problem at all.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 10 Other World Encounter
OOC,Time and space bend around you. Make a[b] Luck (-1) check[/b]. If you pass, return to Arkham. If you fail, stay here next turn. Luck 3 +1[Prof Rice] -1 =3d6: 6 2 1; [b]success[/b].
The clouds broil and a lightning storm flashes overhead. A rainbow coloured thunderbolt strikes down at the three men, the noise of it fills their eardrums and the rock itself appears to vibrate; a low whistle sound - inside their mind - crescendos; the sound dies; Wilson is surrounded by trees and ferns, in Arkham Woods.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 10 Mythos
Zombie moves, Devil's Hopyard -> Blasted Heath.
Witch, Dark Young, Byakhee and Mi-Go are returned to the monster cup. $6 is added to the Mad Bomber.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 11 Upkeep
ooc,Jenny collects 1 dollar. She moves Fight from 3 to 4 and Will from 3 to 2
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Turn 11 upkeep
ooc,Monty gains $2, retainer roll [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2425989/]6[/url]
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 11 Upkeep
OOC,Lore -> 4 Luck <- 1
daedalum
Layman
Layman

Post by daedalum »

Turn 11 upkeep
OOC,FIGHT <<2<< WILL >>1>> LORE <<5<< LUCK >>2>>
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Turn 11 Upkeep
No changes
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 11 Upkeep
Silver Twilight Lodge
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] increases his Sneak from 2 to 3 and decreases his Speed from 4 to 3. I'm going to the Historical Society. It means an extra turn before I can try to seal the Woods Gate, but that extra Clue may be necessary.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 11 Movement
ooc,Jenny moves into the Devils Hopyard and breaths a sigh of relief, happy to finally free of the horrors of Carcosa.

Return to “Episode 2 - The Dunwich Horror”