Dunwich Horror IC

Azathoth, the nuclear chaos at the heart of the universe, is stirring. If it awakens, it will mean the end of all things. And in Dunwich, the degenerate Whateley clan plans to unleash a horrible monstrosity. Can Wilson Richards, Michael McGlen, Jenny Barnes, Monterey Jack, Leo Anderson, and Harvey Walters save the day, or will they be too late?

Moderator: Tabs

Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Re: Dunwich Horror IC

Post by Voodoo »

Turn 12 Movement

Monty taps motorcycle
Monty Brooks Bridge--> Cold Spring Glen
Last edited by Voodoo on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Turn 12 Movement
Arkham Asylum
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 12 Movement
Newspaper -> The Unnamable
Image Image
ooc,True Magick: [b]Lore (-1) check[/b] to gain 1 Clue token,Lore 5 -1 =4d6: 5 5 6 2; [b]success[/b]. Evade the Tcho-Tcho (-2 awareness), Spell: Mists of Releh, Lore 5 -2 =3d6: 2 5 6; [b]success[/b]. Combat the Maniac, Fight 3 +1 =4d6: 1 3 6 3; [b]success[/b].
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 12 Movement
R'yleh (2nd area) -> Wizard's Hill
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Michael[/b] spends 3 movement points to move from the South Church to the Woods. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2465076/]Sneak(+1) roll trying to Evade Colour out of Space (4d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] That should have been hits(4), as I forgot about the Blessing, but it doesn't matter. I succeeded anyway, and I didn't roll any 4s.
Turn 12 Movement
South Church->Woods
Michael cautiously makes his way to the woods outside of Arkham. He knows this is the Sheldon Gang's stomping grounds, and as an O'Bannion foot soldier he would be unwelcome here to say the least. However, he soon realizes that he has far worse things than rival gangsters to worry about. The trees gradually become more and more decayed and parched as he goes deeper into the forest, and soon the land is completely barren. At the heart of it all, in a deserted clearing, is another shimmering vortex like the one he passed through in the Black Cave. Surrounding the area is an unhealthy glow of a color he can't even begin to describe. Somehow, he can sense that it is alive. He creeps closer to the portal...
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 12 Movement
ooc,Jenny moves to cross the Blasted Heath but is quickly reminded that hers was not the gate festering in the city of Arkam. The streets afoul with other dimensional monstrosities. She turns and walks sedctively back into the Devil's Hopyard. [color=#BF00FF]Looks like we're hunkerin' down for the night boys.[/color] .
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Turn 12 Encounter
luck roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2467883/]5[/url]
Monty slowly makes his way through the overgrown plants and foliage the make up the Glen. As he pushes through some shrubs that resemble a bush, His toes catch on something in the ground and he goes crashing down. After spending a few minutes untangling himself from the mess he cause from falling, Monty begins to dig around in the object that tripped him. Once he has it fully unearthed he notices that it is a statue with outstretched arms. The arms seem to be the perfect shape to hold the book Monty bought from the Shoppe earlier. Monty ponders placing the book in the arms before shaking his head and saying, "I paid good money for this and I'll be damned if I leave it to some grubby little statue in the middle of the god forsaken woods."

Rising to his feet with some small amount of effort and grumbling, Monty continues on his way.

After about twenty feet Monty stopped and surveyed his surroundings. As he turned around he was shocked to find the statue still right behind him, "Fine, If you want the book that bad then take the damn thing." Monty shouted as he hurled the book in the direction of the statue. With almost magical precision the book flew to the outstretched hands of the stone figure. As the book settled in place the statue vanished with a satisfied pop and was gone without a trace.
Last edited by Voodoo on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 12 Arkham Encounter
Arkham Asylum
ooc,Wilson pays $2 to restore his Sanity to maximum.
Professor Warren Rices gazes out of the window at the magnificent willow tree; beneath him, in the shrubbery, a bird twitters. His mind wonders to his wife, Mabel, and the telephone call he made to her earlier today in the reception area of Arkham Asylum...
"Dearest, I know it's been two days, but, I promise you, honey, there is no one else."
Screeching: "Some young floozy from the University?" Slam! went the telephone receiver.
The memory stings, because, he would never cheat on Mabel - in fact, he doesn't want to, not nowadays. He'll have to make up a credible excuse to explain his absence, who would believe the truth?
Cheating on Mabel, the idea! As so often happens with thoughts they do not follow a chronological sequence, his memory flits to a horrible episode: his birthday last year... In bed with Mabel; a rustle of cotton, heavy breasts resting on his shoulder, her wolfish grin, "It's your birthday, Warry"; oh God!
Professor Rice is grimacing when he notices a movement: Earl Sawyer, sitting beside Wilson Richards bed, has shifted on his chair.
"He's waking," says Earl.
Wilson Richards mutters, "Did they have to do it?"
"Who? who did 'it.'"
After a few minutes: "Doctors. They said it would help - to regain my sanity."
"And these Doctors, what did they do?"
"I was naked, in a tiled chamber, like the inside of a chimney. A 'cold douche' they called it, a jet of water up my..."
Earl spits, "Merciful heaven! He's fallen asleep."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 12 Arkham Encounter
The Unnamable

Harvey is drawn through the gate to The Abyss.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 12 Arkham Encounter
Wizard's Hill
ooc,Leo doesn't have an encounter. kabukiman, if you wish to add a story, send me a PM and I'll paste it below.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 12 Arkham Encounter
Woods->Yuggoth (1st area)
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] is drawn through the Gate to the first area of Yuggoth.
Michael carefully approaches the swirling portal, and again he feels the tug that becomes a pull, and the pull becomes an irresistable force that drags him into the rip in the fabric of time and space, taking him to another world...
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 12 Movement
ooc,Jenny lounges playfully with her sweety Eric under an old twisted oak tree amidst a grove of malcontent alders. Ammi skulks in the back ground like some derranged kiddy pool lifeguard. [color=#FF00FF]What should we do until those nasties leave the Heath sweety? [/color] Eric remains stoically silent as per usual as Ammi grunts insanely off in the distance reading some scribblings on the bark of a particularly angry alder. Jenny shakes her head gritting her teeth and stands up! [color=#FF00FF]What now gardner? I told you! You'll get your turn when Pig's shit silver! You got me old man? [/color] She then rounds on Eric. [color=#FF00FF]You, on the other hand! Come here handsome! Meow! [/color] Jenny flops down on the grass at Eric's feet with naughty thoughts on her mind. Her ass sinks 6 inches into the soil as some loose dirt falls away beneath her. [color=#FF00FF]What the? [/color] Jenny begins to dig and by her lucky stars, finds some old smelly papers - seemingly untouched by time. [color=#FF00FF]What the devil is this? Ammi get over here and help me with this you old cooter. [/color] http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2470345/ : Luck Check Passed ooc- Jenny gets a spell .
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 12 Other World Encounter
The Abyss
ooc,A monster appears! [img]http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/makken123/Ghoul.jpg[/img] Mists of Releh exhausted. Horror check, automatically fail (no Sanity loss due to special ability). Combat check, Fight 3 -1 =2d6: 1 4; lose 1 Stamina. 2d6: 5 6; [b]success[/b].
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 12 Other World Encounter
Yuggoth (1st area)
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2471053/]Will(-2) check (1 die) to avoid losing an item due to the strange ray making me dizzy (1d6.hits(4)=0)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] loses the Dynamite.
Michael finds himself in a barren alien environment. The ground is frozen and cracked as far as he can see, and it is dark. Looking up, he can see the stars in the sky. They seem mostly familiar, but the constellations are a little off and the moon is only a tiny circle in the sky. "Where the hell am I?" he wonders aloud.

Suddenly, there is a flapping sound in the distance, and then he is bathed in a bizarre ray of light. He takes out his stick of dynamite to hurl it at whatever is attacking him, but a sudden wave of dizziness causes him to fumble and drop it before he can light it. The dynamite rolls into a fissure in the ice and is gone.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 13 Upkeep
ooc,No changes
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 13 Upkeep
ooc,Speed <2 Sneak >3; Lore >6 Luck <1. Mists of Releh refreshed.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Turn 13 Upkeep

Leo suddenly found himself at the top of the hill in Dunwitch. No water, no island... Had it all been a dream? Hard to say... But several bullets were missing, and his axe was full of a strange substance. Leo decide not to think anymore in the subject.
OOC,No changes.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 13 Upkeep
Yuggoth (1st area)
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] increases his Fight from 4 to 5 and decreases his Will from 3 to 2. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2472308/]Do I lose the Blessing (on a 1)? (1d6=6)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] keeps his Blessing.
Michael curses his bad luck in losing the dynamite. Gripping the Tommy gun in both hands, he proceeds to explore this alien landscape.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 13 Upkeep
ooc,Jenny makes no changes and demands a dollar from Ammi for the peep show. [color=#FF00FF]Well... If your're gonna watch old man! You're gonna pay![/color]
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Turn 13 Upkeep
ooc,No change

Return to “Episode 2 - The Dunwich Horror”