Page 1 of 1

Dunwich Horror IC

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:07 pm
by Tabs
Image Image Image

Doom token added to doom track. Wraith moves to the Sky and is then returned to the monster cup. Clue token appears at Hibb's.

Re: Dunwich Horror IC

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:16 pm
by Tabs
Turn 1 - Upkeep
Train Station
OOC,No changes. Wilson will beg $2 off of Jenny, a one sided trade during Turn 1 - Movement (PM sent to DSIGFUSS). His plan is to travel to Dunwich.
Station master Merrimoles watches the dishevelled hobo stretch, yawn and sling an oddly shaped sack over his shoulder.

Wilson Richards pats his trusty shotgun and then takes a stale roll from his jacket pocket; he munches on his breakfast.

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:19 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The Sky is considered to be a street area in the rules, and monster movement precedes the text of the Headline being carried out. Does this mean that the Wraith is returned to the cup?

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:09 am
by Tabs
Turn 1 - Upkeep
Administration Building
OOC,Speed > 3, Sneak < 2

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:33 am
by kabukiman
Turn 1 Upkeep
River Docks
OOC,No changes
Leo had just arrived from a long trip, and was thinking to try to discover any clues about the tragedy of his expedition.

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:56 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 1 Upkeep
Ma's Boarding House
OOC,No changes.
Michael McGlen rises from his bed in his room in Ma's Boarding House. He slides out his violin case from under the bed and opens it. Within the case is not a musical instrument - unless that music is the staccato percussion of bullets being fired in a rapid stream. Instead the case contains a fully loaded Thompson submachine gun and several spare drums of .45 ammunition. He also has a stick of dynamite tucked away where the violin's bow would normally be stored. He cleans the weapon thoroughly and smiles, not with joy but with grim determination. "They're gonna pay for what they did to Fast Louie," he says to himself, though he has no idea who - or what - "they" are...yet. Once he is finished, he carefully places his Tommy gun back in the violin case, shuts it, and locks it. He shaves, gets dressed in his dapper suit and hat, and eats breakfast. Then he picks up his violin case, along with the copy of that creepy old play he had found in the library the other day. He hadn't read it yet, and he wasn't big on books, but from skimming it he had the feeling that it contained useful information in it. Maybe he could find an egghead who could make more sense out of it.

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:39 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Jenny sniffs the bum and turns her nose indignantly. She quickly reaches into her purse and pulls out 2 dollars. Desperately trying not to make eye contact, she drops the cash into the hobo's hand hoping he will stop pestering her and hurries out of the station bent on making it to the curiosity shoppe before it closes.

[Spoiler-Button]Jenny gave two dollers to Winston and then added one dollar for the first upkeep phase. She now has 9 dollars.[/Spoiler-Button]

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:37 pm
by Voodoo
OOC,No Change
Monty decides to spend a little time browsing in the Curiositie Shoppe. Opening the door he steps inside, Filled with a nervous energy about what wonders he may find. "Hello, Is anyone here? I have come to peruse your fine wares."

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:37 am
by Tabs
Turn 1 Movement
Train Station - Whateley Farm
OOC,$2 trade with Jenny Barnes. 4 Speed +2 Motorcycle =6 movement points; train to Bishops Brook Bridge (cost $1), continuing to Whateley Farm & picking up Clue token.
"Thank you, Miss," says Wilson as the young lady drops $2 into his hat. He sees her nose twitch at his odour, Wilson Richards makes a mental note: during the next rainstorm he will stand under a broken drain pipe.

The steam train puffs out smuts which attach themselves to Wilsons' jacket. He leans out of the end carriage, catching gulps of country air and surveying the woods and hills. There are many peculiar looking menhirs on the hills crown; a cold finger runs down his spine.

"Nexxxt stop, DUNWICH!" yells the conductor.

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:56 am
by Tabs
Turn 1 Movement
Administration - Southside
OOC,3 movement points. Harvey will trade with [b]Michael McGlen[/b], King in Yellow for Enchanted Cane? - Harvey will avoid all combat.

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:41 am
by kabukiman
Turn 1 Movement
OOC,Leo moves to the THE UNNAMABLE to get one clue token
In the docks, Leo found an old drunk sailor. He was asking for some whiskey, and cursing because everyone was laughing him. Then he said a phrase: "That the unnamable dries your tongue!", and everyone turned pale. Leo was curious, but everyone had just vanished. So Leo had to pay a bottle of whiskey to the old drunk. What he said didn't made much sense: he spoke about sacrifices and cults. But Leo decide to see by himself and walked to the place.

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:58 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 1 Movement
Ma's Boarding House->Silver Twilight Lodge
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] will trade his King In Yellow to [b]Harvey[/b] for the Enchanted Cane. He spends 3 movement points to go to the Silver Twilight Lodge and collects 1 Clue token.
Ma is sitting in her rocking chair in the living room as Michael heads out. "Off to work, Mr. McGlen?" she asks.

"Yeah, work," says Michael, smiling at the old lady. As far as she knows he's a musician, and she's smart enough not to ask any questions. "Good day." He steps outside and puts on his hat.

As he walks through the streets, he encounters Harvey Walters, an old professor from Miskatonic University. "Hey, professor," he says. "I found this book the other day and thought maybe you could make some sense out of it." He shows him his copy of the King in Yellow. "It looks like it's a play, but reading it makes my head hurt. Maybe you can cipher out what it's all about."

The professor flips open the cover. "Why, this is a rare edition!" he exclaims. "I couldn't just take it without giving you something in return, though."

"What about that fancy walking stick of yours?" Michael points at the cane Harvey carries.

"Yes, that sounds like a good trade." Harvey exchanges the cane for the book.

Michael continues on his way into French Hill, where he sees the big imposing edifice that houses the Silver Twilight Lodge. "These guys are supposed to be into that mumbo jumbo," he says to himself. "Maybe they'll know something." He walks up to the door and goes inside.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:12 am
by DSIGFUSS
Jenny hurriedly makes her way to the curiosity shop, still shaking in disgust from her brief encounter with the hobo. Maybe she could find some transient repellant amongst the shop keepers wares. As she enters the shop, she spots the handsome archaeologist and impatiently waits in line for service.

"Uh hem! Are you open? Or do you honestly expect us to wait around here all day?"
ooc,Jenny draws two cards from the unique items deck. Could you please tell me what she pulls during the enconter phase Tabs? Or should I wait?

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:33 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Three Unique Items, actually. Tabs will show you what the cards are during the Arkham Encounters phase, and then you'll choose which one to buy. You can also trade with Monterey Jack now.

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:13 am
by Tabs
Turn 1 Encounter
OOC,Whateley Farm As you approach the old Whateley farm, a man runs up to you. “For God’s sake, don’t go in there!” He introduces himself as Earl Sawyer, the Whateley’s nearest neighbor. You talk, and he reveals a dangerous plan for dealing with the strange goings-on. If you add 1 Dunwich Horror token to the board, he joins you. Take his Ally card if it’s available. If it is not, draw 1 Spell, 1 Unique Item, and 1 Common Item. Earl Sawyer: a great Ally and is too tempting - I hope the Dunwich Horror doesn’t awake. :( [img]http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/makken123/EarlSawyer.jpg[/img]
Earl Sawyer’s long face seems honest enough; Wilson accepts the offer of help.

As the two men stand upon the dusty track outside the Whateley farm they instinctively duck their heads when they hear a sharp whip-crack of a noise; it comes from an outlying barn.

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:17 am
by Tabs
Turn 1 Encounter
OOC,No encounter.

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:31 am
by kabukiman
Turn 1 Encounter
Leo arrived at the malignant place. But all he found was an old crumbling house. He entered but didn't see anything of interest.
OOC,Luck roll 2d6-1d6: 1d6=3. Failed.
"Those locals are really a chicken bunch"-thought Leo. I Better go another place.

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:04 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 1 Arkham Encounter
Silver Twilight Lodge
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] spends $3 and gains a Silver Twilight Lodge membership.
Michael looks around in wonder at the lobby of the Silver Twilight Lodge, filled with all sorts of bizarre decorations he cannot even begin to understand. There are several people standing around in a circle, all of them wearing black hooded robes. One of them is taller than the others, many of whom are hulking and muscular. They turn when Michael enters and approach him. The tall one pulls back his hood, revealing the head of a man with penetrating eyes. "I'm Carl Sanford," he says. "Care to join the order?"

"I'm interested in finding out more about this stuff," says Michael, "but I'm not much good at studying dusty books or anything."

"That's okay. There are many things for members of the order to do besides that. There is always room for someone big and strong such as yourself." He indicates the henchmen flanking him. "I think you'll find that this is an offer you cannot refuse."

Michael nods knowingly. For all he knows, this Sanford fellow is behind what happened to Fast Louie, but he can find out more from the inside. "Okay, I'm in. What do I gotta do?"

"Well, first you must pay your membership dues. Three dollars must be paid regularly by all members, and the first payment is due upon joining." Michael nods again and hands Carl Sanford three bucks. "Congratulations, Mr. McGlen. Welcome to the Silver Twilight Lodge. I knew you'd make the right decision."

Wait a minute, thinks Michael. I never told him my name!

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:34 am
by Tabs
Turn 1 Mythos
ImageImageImage
Doom token added to the doom track. Fire Vampire moves to the Sky. Clue tokens appear at The Unnamable* and Train Station. *Clue token picked up by Leo Anderson, [that is correct isn't it, Mr. Handy?].

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:22 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Jenny causually peruses the curiosity shoppe's wares until finally she settles on an old creepy looking mask.
Spoiler:
ooc, Jenny removes four dollars from her purse and takes the pallid mask card.
Perhaps if I loked like this, I wouldn't get so much attention from these low life townies.

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:19 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, since [b]Leo[/b] was already at The Unnamable, he automatically picks up the Clue when it appears.

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:06 am
by Tabs
Turn 2 Upkeep
OOC,Lore 3>5, Luck 4<2. Harvey will move to the Historical Society & use the King in Yellow.

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:11 am
by kabukiman
Turn 2 Upkeep
OOC,No changes

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:35 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 2 Upkeep
Silver Twilight Lodge
OOC,No changes. It's my plan to go to Hibb's Roadhouse and get the 2 Clues. Then I want to go kill the Warlock and get 2 more from him (for a total of 5) and go through the Gate at the Black Cave. We need to start sealing those things fast.
Michael shakes Carl Sanford's hand, which is cold to the touch. "Well, I'll see you around," he says as he heads for the exit.

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:33 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Upkeep Phase 2
ooc,No changes Jenny makes 1 dollar

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:59 pm
by Voodoo
Turn 2 Upkeep
OOC,No change

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:25 am
by Tabs
Turn 2 Upkeep
OOC,No changes. Wilson will go to Wizard's Hill.
"Just one moment." Earl Sawyer stoops forward, picking up an elliptical pebble; he then skips it down the track. "A triple bounce!" he hollers in triumph.
Wilson Richards notes the birthmark on the back of Earl's neck - a queer scabrous blemish.

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:49 am
by Tabs
Turn 2 Movement
Southside - Historical Society
OOC,Harvey uses 1 movement point and picks up the Clue token. He will attempt to read the King in Yellow [spend 2 movement points and make a [b]Lore (-2) check[/b]]; Lore skill 5 -2 =3d6: 5 2 1. [b]Success![/b] Harvey gains 4 Clue tokens, loses 1 Sanity* and discards the KiY. *Harvey's Strong Mind special ability reduces Sanity loss by 1.

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:40 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 2 Movement
OOC,Leo moves to the Unvisited Island to get the clue token.
Leo remembered then a solitary island he saw when he arrived at Arkham. "Maybe some time in a peaceful place will help me. I will go there. And who knows, I may discover something interesting!"

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:24 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 2 Movement
Silver Twilight Lodge->Hibb's Roadhouse
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] spends 4 movement points to go to the Hibb's Roadhouse and collects 2 Clue tokens, giving him 3 in total.
Michael makes his way to the east side of town and strolls into Hibb's Roadhouse. He has frequented the place before, as it is a good source of both information and cheap bootleg whiskey. He keeps his ears open for any rumors that might be floating around.

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:21 am
by DSIGFUSS

Movement Phase 2
ooc,Jenny moves two spaces. Northside >> Train Station. She picks up the clue token there.
Still smelling the hobos stink, Jenny looks in her purse for her perfume. She fumbles through the various items and then snaps her fingers. "Fiddle Sticks" Jenny realizes she must have left it on the train when she was freshing up. "Maybe someone turned it in!" she thinks to herself and then heads back to the train station to investigate the lost and found.

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:07 am
by Voodoo
Turn 2 Movement
OOC,Curiosite Shoppe >> Newspaper. [b]M. Jack[/b] will take the clue token.
Monty decides to head for to the newspaper to look for clues.

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:10 pm
by Tabs
Turn 2 Encounter
OOC,Historical Society: Harvey decides to try two encounters at the Woods; choosing "A member of the Sheldon Gang with a bottle of moonshine... etc. Make a [b]Luck (-1) check[/b]; Luck skill 2 -1 =1d6: 3. Fail- lose $4 and move to the street. [i]Post edited.[/i]

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:00 am
by kabukiman
Turn 2 encounter
OOC,Lose 1 stamina Roll: 2d6-1=1d6. 2. Failed, lose 1 san
Leo was walking in the island when suddenly someone attacked him; it was merely a scratch, but a bad fall injuried Leo. But the worst was the face of the man: it seemed grotesque, like an animal. Luckily, the person run away.

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:16 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 2 Arkham Encounter
Hibb's Roadhouse
OOC,Nothing happens. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2296018/]Luck(-1) check in Hibb's Roadhouse to avoid having my pocket picked (2d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]
Michael hears a few odd rumors, but nothing more. A shifty-eyed man walks in, but Michael avoids him. Instead the man sidles up to some other customer and picks his pocket. Smart fellow, Michael thinks with a mental chuckle. He knows not to mess with me.

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:27 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 2 Arkham Encounter
Train Station
ooc,I rolled my luck check -1 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2294002/
Jenny soon forgets all about her perfume when suddenly confronted by a strange man in a turban. The crazed swami grabs hold of her shoulders and presses his gnarly black beard to Jenny's ear. He whispers something peculiar about her sister, shoves a piece of paper into Jenny's purse and then runs off into the night jibbering like some mal-adjusted zoo keeper. Jenny slowly opens up the paper and reads the list carefully. She then does something she has not done since her sister's disappearance.... Jenny smiles.

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:04 pm
by Voodoo
Turn 2 Encounter
Newspaper

While talking to reporters at the Newspaper Monty meets Doyle Jefferies who offers to pay him to print his adventures.

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:24 am
by Tabs
Turn 2 Arkham Encounter
Wizard's Hill
Wilson and Earl struggle to the summit of Wizard's Hill. The almost vertical approach of the hogback frazzle the two men in the afternoon sun. Astonishingly, there is a spectacled man rubbing chalk over a map of the Dunwich county, the map is lying upon a toppled stone block; he is copying the eccentric scribbles engraved there.
"I am Professor Rice," says the man extending a hand in friendship. "I heard you panting with exertion; the climb is marvellous exercise! All of this," the Professor signals the surrounding country with an arc of his arm, "is most disquieting."

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:34 pm
by Tabs
Turn 2 Mythos
INDEPENDENCE SQUARE Gate: Another Dimension
Image Image ImageImage
BLACK CAVE Gate: City of the Great Race
Image Image Image
Gate already open; Monster Surge! Fire Vampire moves from SKY and descends on Harvey Walters. Clue token appears at The Unnamable.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:56 am
by kabukiman
Turn 3 Arkham Upkeep
OOC,Speed: 3>4 Sneak 2<1

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:58 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 3 Upkeep
Hibb's Roadhouse
OOC,Is [b]Leo[/b] going to read the Old Journal and get those extra Clues? Also, can I count on him using his special ability to protect me from Sanity loss in my battles at the Black Cave? [b]Michael[/b] increases his Sneak from 2 to 3 and decreases his Speed from 4 to 3.
Michael prepares to slip out of Hibb's Roadhouse and head for the Black Cave. He had heard some of the folks talking about strange happenings there.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:10 am
by kabukiman
Mr. Handy wrote:Image
Turn 3 Upkeep
Hibb's Roadhouse
OOC,Is [b]Leo[/b] going to read the Old Journal and get those extra Clues? Also, can I count on him using his special ability to protect me from Sanity loss in my battles at the Black Cave? [b]Michael[/b] increases his Sneak from 2 to 3 and decreases his Speed from 4 to 3.
Michael prepares to slip out of Hibb's Roadhouse and head for the Black Cave. He had heard some of the folks talking about strange happenings there.
OOC,yes, I will protect your sanity. And I'will read the journal

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:33 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 3 Upkeep
Train Station

Jenny collects 1 dollar
ooc,Jenny plans on going to the Unamable to pick up the clue tokens. Is Leo going to beat her to it?

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:37 pm
by Voodoo
Turn 3 Upkeep

Monty collects $2 from his retainer
OOC,Monty will go back to the Curiosite Shoppe on movement.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:41 am
by Tabs
Turn 3 Upkeep
OOC,No changes. Turn 3: A move to Bishop's Brook Bridge and encounter using his Special Ability to gain $1.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:52 am
by Tabs
Turn 3 Upkeep
OOC,Fight>3, Will<0. Turn 3: Evade the Fire Vampire and move to Merchant District streets.
'A thousand tiny fires, the size of match flames, swept from the sky.'

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:21 am
by kabukiman
Turn 3 movement phase
OOC,Leo returns to the THE UNNAMABLE to get those 2 Clue tokens He also spends one movement point to read the old journal Lore check: will 3-1=2d6= 5,3. Passed, winn 3 clue tokens.
Leo decide then to return to the old house, maybe, he didn't notice something important?

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:58 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 3 Movement
Hibb's Roadhouse->Black Cave
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] spends 3 movement points to go to the Black Cave. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2303547/]Horror check(Will-1) for encountering Warlock (3d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] loses no Sanity from the Warlock. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2303552/]Fight check(3+6[Tommy Gun]-3[Warlock]=6 dice) fighting the Warlock, Round 1, 2 Toughness (6d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] misses in Round 1. Strong Body cancels out the 1 Stamina damage from the Warlock. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2303553/]Fight check(3+6[Tommy Gun]-3[Warlock]=6 dice) fighting the Warlock, Round 2, 2 Toughness (6d6.hits(5)=2)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] defeats the Warlock in Round 2 and gains 2 Clue tokens. He now has 6. The Warlock is returned to the box and removed from the game. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2303562/]Horror check(-2) for encountering the Dimensional Shambler (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] fails his Horror check. [b]Leo[/b]'s Leadership prevents the 1 Sanity loss. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2303566/]Fight check(3+6[Tommy Gun]-2[Dimensional Shambler]=7) fighting the Dimensional Shambler, Round 1 (7d6.hits(5)=2)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] defeats the Dimensional Shambler and claims it as a trophy. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2303567/]Horror check(-3) for encountering Elder Thing (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] fails his Horror check and loses 2 Sanity from the Elder Thing, leaving him with 1. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2303568/]Fight check(3+6[Tommy Gun]=9) fighting the Elder Thing, Round 1, 2 Toughness (9d6.hits(5)=5)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] defeats the Elder Thing and claims it as a trophy. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2303569/]Evade check(-1) to evade the Hound of Tindalos (2d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] evades the Hound of Tindalos.
Michael heads over to the Black Cave. As he approaches the dark and forbidding cave mouth, he can see some sort of glow coming from within it. A strange blond man stands in the entrance, facing it and chanting in a completely alien language. As Michael walks up, he finishes chanting and turns. A shadowy form begins to coalesce further inside the cave.

"What are you doing here?" asks Michael.

"Can't you feel the energy?" the man says. "This cave exists at a nexus between worlds, a rift in time and space. Rituals are stronger when performed here."

"What kind of rituals? What's that back in the cave?"

"Just a little friend I've summoned. I can't tell you about the rituals, or I'd have to kill you." He shrugs. "Well, I have to kill you anyway. I formed this gate to return from a journey to another place and time. As more of these gates open, the mighty Azathoth will grow stronger and awaken from his slumber to visit destruction upon the world."

Michael laughs and sets down his violin case. "You might not find me so easy to kill. You say you opened the gate? How do you close it, then?"

"Oh, it's simple. Just repeat the chant in reverse. A pity you will not live to use this knowledge." A ball of eldritch blue flame began to appear in the man's hand, but Michael was unafraid. This was just a man, and he could be killed like any other. He popped open the violin case. "What are you going to do, play some violin music?" the warlock mocked him.

"Yeah - some real sad stuff." He grabbed up his Tommy gun. "Say hello to my little friend." With that, he opened fire. The staccato of the burst ripped through the air as shell casings went flying and bullets streaked towards the magician. Some of them hit, but the first few bullets seemed to strike his flesh and fall to the earth, leaving nothing more than holes in his clothing. Still, one round clipped his shoulder and caused a trickle of blood.

Furiously, the warlock pulled back his arm and let the ball of blue flame fly at Michael as if he were pitching a fastball. It struck Michael square in the chest, but the tough guy could take it. "Kill him!" he screeched, pointing at Michael.

Those were his last words, as Michael cut loose with another burst. Leaden death filled the man full of holes and left him dead upon the ground.

Before he had a chance to catch his breath, the shadowy form emerged from the cave and rushed Michael. It was a large, furry creature that seemed to blur with every large stride it made. The sight alarmed him, but his instincts preserved him. His Tommy gun rattled until the drum was empty, and the creature was riddled with bullets, falling atop its dead master before fading into nothingness.

Michael reloaded and made his way into the cave. The odd glow was coming from around a corner - and so was a monster the likes of which he had never seen. The thing was barrel-chested with thin, membranous wings, and one look was enough to send him over the edge. He cut loose with the Thompson, shooting it so many times that there was hardly anything left of its body. He only stopped when he ran out of ammo. He slapped a third drum into place and continued around the corner.

The glow was visible at the back of the cavern, a swirling vortex of light and color where the wall should be. And in front of it was a large, hideous, vaguely canine thing. Not wanting to tangle with it, he stuck to the shadows and slinked along the cave wall, bypassing the monster and reaching the back.

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:06 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 3 Movement
To Unnamable

Jenny realizes how ill prepared she is for her journey, so she decides to make her way to the General Store to pick up a few naughty things. Unfortunely in such a short minskirt and heels, she can't quite make it, so she decides to head to the Unnamable to give Leo a piece of her mind.
ooc,Jenny moves three spaces. Northside>Merchant District>Unnamable
You seem to be one step ahead of me! Jenny says to Leo.

Whos feeding you information tall dark and handsome? Are you stalking me sailor?

Jenny bats an eye at Leo and then flashes his professor ally a sultry look.

It's awefully dangerous for a woman to be walking alone, don't you think Leo? Would you consider lending me your side kick! i'm sure a big strong man such as yourself has no need for protection. I'll pay you for your troubles of course.

Jenny reaches into her purse and fumbles for her money clip.

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:11 am
by Voodoo
Turn 3 Movement
Monty moves to Curiosite Shoppe

Monty decides maybe he would be better off going back to the store he just left to see if he can find anything else of use.

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:12 pm
by Tabs
Turn 3 Movement
Wizard's Hill -> Bishop's Brook Bridge

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:50 pm
by Tabs
Turn 3 Movement
Uptown -> Merchant District
OOC,Evade the Fire Vampire. Exhaust the Spell - Mists of Releh, Lore 5 +0 =5d6: 4 6 2 2 6. [b]Success[/b].
The magnificent phosporescent light flits from lamp post to portico, hunting the trembling Professor. Clutching a mildewed page Harvey Walters mutters the glyphs scratched upon it; instantaneously a cloud envelops him. The Professor steals away under cover.

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:14 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 3 encounter

Leo was happy: the place had actually the same stench of evil he feel before. And suddenly he say something. A jewel maybe maybe? But when his fingers grab the object he feeled dizzy and a sting. He just left whateaver it was.
OOC,http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2307297/

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:23 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 3 Arkham Encounter
Hibb's Roadhouse->City of the Great Race (1st area)

Michael creeps closer to the swirling vortex at the back of the cave. He feels what seems like a strong wind pulling him closer. Before he can attempt to repeat the chant backwards, the wind suddenly pulls him into the portal and out of this world.

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:54 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 3 Arkham Encounter

ooc,Jenny accepts Eric Colt as an ally and loses 2 sanity.

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:26 am
by Tabs
Turn 3 Arkham Encounter
OOC,Wilson Richards will use his investigator special ability to earn $1.
He hands a pot to Earl and another to Prof. Rice. Using a horse hair brush he slaps creosote upon the rotten planks of Bishop's Brook Bridge. A ladybird runs along a joist, Wilson dribbles vile goo over it; entombing the tiny beetle for eternity.

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:32 am
by Tabs
Turn 3 Arkham Encounter
OOC,No encounter.

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:00 am
by Voodoo
Turn 3 Encounter

While browsing through the racks of books, Monty stumbles upon a dusty tome that looks interesting and decides to purchase it.

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:33 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 3 Other World Encounter
City of the Great Race (1st area)
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2324189/]Fight(-1) roll to beat off the plant (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2324190/]Spending one Clue token to gain an extra die (1d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] spends 1 Clue token to pass the Fight check, leaving him with 5 (phew!).
Michael finds himself in a bizarre alien landscape, with no sign of a way back to Arkham. His Tommy gun still clutched in his hands, he peers around. The land is barren as far as he can see, except for a large plant that looks nothing like he's ever seen before on a rocky outcrop nearby. He walks over to give it a closer look...and that's when the thing opens up a set of massive jaws and engulfs him like a Venus flytrap! He tries to punch and kick his way out, but the thing has incredibly tough hide. It is only with the mightiest of efforts that the big man manages to force open the carnivorous plant's jaws and escape. He moves away from it, and fortunately it is unable to pursue him.

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:08 am
by Tabs
Turn 3 Mythos
Image Image
Gate opens to R'lyeh at the Science Building, 4th doom token added to the doom track. Monsters spawned: 2 Byakhees. Movement: Fire Vampire -> Sky.

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:57 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 4 Upkeep
City of the Great Race (1st area)
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] increases his Fight from 3 to 4 and decreases his Will from 4 to 3.
Michael grips his Tommy gun tightly and begins to explore this strange world in which he finds himself, ready for trouble.

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:04 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 4 Upkeep

Jenny changes her movement to 2 and Sneak to 2

Jenny collects 1 dollar
ooc,Jenny plans on going to the General Store to pick up a gun or something

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:21 am
by Voodoo
Turn 4 Upkeep

Monty changes movement to 4 and sneak to 0
Monty collects $2
Retainer discard roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2326891/]4[/url]

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:31 pm
by Tabs
Turn 4 Upkeep
OOC,Lore >2, Luck <3

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:36 pm
by Tabs
Turn 4 Upkeep
OOC,Harvey refreshes the Spell: Mists of Releh.

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:23 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 4 Upkeep
No changes
OOC,Leo discards Armitage
Leo suddenly sensed that something was wrong in the city. The animals seemed insane trying to runn, and even people was affected. His old friend Armitage called him.
-So i finally started.
-What?- asked Leo
-The return of the Old Ones. They are claming what was theirs once. Don't you feel it?
-Great Old Ones? What is that?
-Listen to me, We are running out of time, but I think I can still buy some time. Before humanity, there were other creatures, powerful and magical; for some reason they entered in a deep sleep but now they are awakening again; if they do, it's the end of our kind. The stars are right, but I know a spell that can delay that, until your find some solution. I will have to sacrifice myself and...
-WHAT? ARE YOU INSANE? This talk doesn't make any sense!
-Listen to me! You from all others should know that reality isn't what we see! I have to go now. You have already precious informations; they are gates and you must seal them! Do it quickly! I'm doing my part! Goodbye, and God have mercy of my soul!
Leo saw his friend going away.

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:08 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Leo[/b] still has [b]Armitage[/b] for now. He has to move to the Downtown streets during the Movement phase and then discard him during the Arkham Encounter Phase. Interestingly, he doesn't leave the game - he is returned to the Ally deck when he is discarded, so he's not dead or gone.
Turn 4 Movement
City of the Great Race (1st area)->City of the Great Race (2nd area)

Michael walks through the bizarre desert landscape, looking for a way home.

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 4 Movement

Jenny walks casually down the street with Eric Colt close beside her. Her short journey takes her through the Merchant district and into Rivertown. She then stops and takes off her heels.

Owwww! Eric Sweety! These dogs are killing me! Could yah give a gal a lift handsome?

Then Eric Colt picks her up and carries her to the General Store!

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:37 pm
by Voodoo
Turn 4 Movement

Monty decides it might be helpful to explore the local Graveyard for clues. As He's passing by the Merchent District he notices a familiar old man hes seen pictures of before. "Professor Walters? My name is Monty, I actually have a few items I think you might find interesting. I was going to bring them to you later but it appears as luck would have it I no longer need to." Monty hands over the Gate Box and True Magick, "I hope these can be of some use to you." With a smile and a wave Monty continues on his way to the Graveyard.
Item Links,[img]http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/makken123/GateBox.jpg[/img], [img]http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/makken123/TrueMagick.jpg[/img]

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:30 pm
by Tabs
Turn 4 Movement
Bishop's Brook Bridge -> Science Building
OOC,Pay $1 and 1 move point to take the train to Arkham & a further 4 move points from the Train Station to the Science Building. Combat vs Byakhee: Horror check, Will 3 -1 =2d6: 2 3; lose 1 Sanity. Combat check, Fight 1 +1[Earl] +4[Shotgun] +0 =6d6: 5 4 2 2 4 1; [b]success[/b] and monster trophy taken. Combat vs Byakhee: Horror check, Will 3 -1 =2d6: 5 5; no Sanity loss. Combat check, Fight 1 +1[Earl] +4[Shotgun] +0 =6d6: 1 2 5 4 6 5; [b]success[/b] and monster trophy taken.
Three men on a motorcycle, like crazy acrobatic clowns from the circus, skid to a stop upon the Science Building's gravel drive.
"The hole to ... to elsewhere, is here - and we're gonna plug it," says Wilson, unwrapping 'Bess' and clamping the shotgun's stock under his arm. Speaking to Earl Sawyer, Professor Rice and Bess he simply says, "Let's do it!"
"Look... up there," exclaims Prof. Rice, pointing to the gabled roof of the Science Buiding. "Good God! Two pterodactyls."
Recognition of a threat is mutual; with twin squawks - which sounds as if they suffer from the mother of all bellyaches, the Byakhee plunge down upon them.
Wilson glances to his left: the Prof. is cowering in the dirt, to his right: Earl is scratching around for pebbles; his eyes popping at the terrific carrion birds, he screams out, "I will double barrel you both and blow you to kingdom come!"

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:40 pm
by Tabs
Turn 4 Movement
Merchant District -> Science Building

"Thank you young man," says Harvey Walters, accepting the book and box, "I shall make good use of these."
OOC,Exhaust True Magick and spend 1 move point: [b]Lore (-1) check[/b], 5 -1 =4d6: 3 5 1 4; [b]success[/b], gain 1 Clue token and lose 1 Sanity [investigator special ability reduces Sanity loss by 1].
~
He wanders up to the Science Building, noting the motorcycle lying on the lawn. A scrofulous individual is wrapping a tool in sack cloth - obviously the gardener.
Indicating the motorcycle: "I say, you there, yes you; is that contraption yours? Park it correctly, not just anywhere."
Wilson Richards spits at Harvey Walter's feet.
"Oh! Outrageous."

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:32 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 4 Movement
Leo started to walk to downtonw. He didn't see anyone interesting, and there he said his final goodbies to his friend Armitage. He felt that the sky was more and more menacing.
-Well, it seem its time to say goodbye.
- Do not worry old friend, with some luck we may get together in a happier time
OOC,Leo walks to dowtown

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:17 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 4 Encounter

Jenny purchases the map.
ooc,Jenny removes $2 from her Investigator Sheet
Hold this for me would you Eric Sweety! I've never been good with directions.

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:00 pm
by Voodoo
Turn 4 Encounter
attack roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2335908/]success[/url]
As Monty makes his way through the graveyard, he watches as something rises from behind one of the gravestones. Almost faster then Monty can react, the vampire charges him. Drawing his revolver he puts two bullets in the beasts chest, stunning it. Grabbing a piece of wood, Apparently broke off a nearby casket, Monty impales it through the chest, pinning it to the ground under both their weight. With the monsters death shrieks still present, Monty continues on his search.

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:25 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 4 Encounter

FInaly Leo said goodbye to his old friend.
-What a minute. I still have a gift for you: I used this cloak when I was young. It is black, and its easy if you are in a dark place to try to hide yourselve. And you may find something interesting in today newspaper.
OOC,discard Armitage

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:05 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 4 Other World Encounter
City of the Great Race (2nd area)
OOC,Combat check(4+6[Tommy Gun]+1[Cultist]=11 dice) fighting the Cultist, Round 1: 3 3 3 4 3 6 6 4 3 2 6 [b]Michael[/b] defeats the Cultist and claims it as a trophy.
As Michael walks through the desert, he sees a vast city of enormous cyclopean buildings in the distance, all of them oddly shaped. He approaches it, as it is the only thing of interest in this wasteland. As he reaches the gate, he sees a man in a black hooded robe standing in front of it. He boldly walks up to the man. "What are you doing here?" he asks.

"I await my master," says the stranger.

"Your master? Would he be a blond fellow who likes to chant?"

"Yes, that is him. He should have returned by now. We need a victim for the sacrifice. I suppose you'll have to do." With that, he pulls out a wicked-looking axe from under his robes.

"Your wait is over. I'll send you to meet him." Michael turns his Thompson on the robed man and fires a short burst, riddling him with holes. The man falls, slain instantly, and his blood mingles with the sand. After taking the axe and rifling the dead man's robes, where he finds a fresh ham sandwich of all things, Michael strolls through the now unobstructed gate to the alien city.

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:41 pm
by Tabs
R'lyeh (1st area)
OOC,Zombie. Horror check, Will 3 -1 =2d6: 6 1; no Sanity loss. Combat check, Fight 1 +1[Earl] +5[Rifle] -2 =5d6: 5 6 6 4 3; [b]success[/b] and Zombie taken as a monster trophy.

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:03 pm
by Tabs
R'lyeh (1st area)
OOC,No Sanity loss (investigator special ability).
The ascending staircase has a chipped soapstone banister, the newel post is carved in the likeness of an alien monstosity; Harvey Walters reaches out and touches a tentacle of the statue, but quickly withdraws his hand. Rubbing thumb and forefinger together, Harvey grimaces at the glutinous slime and putrid stench; the smell reminds him of seaside holidays and 'rockpooling': shells and crab husks in a damp canvas bag, hanging beside a fire.

Three shadowy forms are lit by a shocking burst of yellow fire, the light snuffs out and is followed by an echoing report; for a heartbeat Harvey's body is arthritic with terror.

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:33 am
by Tabs
Turn 5 Mythos
Image Image Image
Doom token added to the doom track (5th). Monster movement: Wizard Whateley & Elder Thing -> Downtown, Hound of Tindalos -> Graveyard, Colour Out of Space [roll 1d6: 5 - all investigators in Arkham lose 1 Sanity].

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:55 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 5 Upkeep

Jenny raises her sneak to 3 and lowers her speed to 1

Jenny collects 1 dollar
ooc,Jenny plans on going to the Witch cave to pick up the 2 clue token there and investigate the gate.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:28 am
by Voodoo
Turn 5 Upkeep

Monty raises his Sneak to 3 and lowers Speed to 1

Monty collects $2

Roll for retaining retainer is 4

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:41 am
by Tabs
Turn 5 Upkeep
OOC,No changes.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:48 am
by Tabs
Turn 5 Upkeep
OOC,Lore <4 Luck >3

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:09 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 5 Upkeep
OOc,speed 4<2 sneak 1>3

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:41 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 5 Upkeep
City of the Great Race (2nd area)
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] increases his Fight from 4 to 5 and decreases his Will from 3 to 2.
Michael reloads his Tommy gun and prepares to enter the bizarre city.

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:54 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 5 Movement
ooc,Jenny moves from General Store- Rivertown- French Hill - Witch House - collects 2 clue tokens.
Jenny hikes up her skirt and enters the witch house with her new beau Eric.

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:18 pm
by Voodoo
Turn 5 Movement
Sneak Rolls,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2339533/]2 fails[/url]
Monty attempts to sneak past the large creature that has just entered the graveyard. Unfortunately as he was making his way between the headstones he tripped over an exposed root and landed face first with a loud grunt. Hearing the noise the beast turned and charged Monty, Swiping him in his unprotected side as it came.

-3 Stamina
Sneak Rolls 2nd,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2339657/]2 successes[/url]

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:05 am
by Tabs
Turn 5 Movement
R'yleh (1st area) -> (2nd area)
Earl Sawyer squats beside a rivulet, the bed has red string-like weed which clings to the volcanic rock: he is thirsty and cups his hand to scoop up a mouthful of liquid. Professor Rice clasps Earl's shoulder, shaking his head, and points upstream to Wilson Richards.
The carcass of a rodent lies with it's haunches in the water. Using the barrel of his rifle as a stick Wilson prods the thing, turning it over; a large yellow sphincter weeps a rose-coloured essence into the rivulet.

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:08 am
by Tabs
Turn 5 Movement
R'yleh (1st area) -> (2nd area)
Harvey Walters approaches the men from Arkham: "Phew! Strangely hot here. Anyone have a drink?"
Wilson Richards points to the rivulet: "'Tis good water, fill ya boots!"

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:45 pm
by kabukiman
Leo alone, decide to go to the independece square when he saw a person screaming. Leo got curious and hide himselve to see what he was doing, when he heard a strange noise, and saw the strangest s creature in his life: it was bigger then a person, had what looked to be some strange wings, and had some star shaped head (if it was a head at all!). Leo decide to leave the place as silently as he could.
OOC,Against Whateley Evade: 3+1(cloak)=4-2(awareness)=2d6. 5, 6 Success! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2340801/
The old man was too busy with his screamings to notice anything
OOC,against the elder thing Evade 3+1(cloak)=4-2(awareness= 2d6. 3, 1. Failed, Spend 2 tokens, success http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2340803/
Leo runn away to the most logical place after seying those creature: the asylum.!

Ok, this is the edited version.

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:55 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'm confused as to why [b]Leo[/b] even went to Independence Square. [b]Harvey Walters[/b] has a Gate Box, and he's going to return through the open Gate there and seal it, which would only get you lost in time and space unless a new gate to Another Dimension happens to open up or you find another Gate Box there ([b]Harvey[/b] could always return through a new Gate instead if one opens, but that leaves the Hound and the Colour out there for a while longer). You also didn't use any Clue tokens when you failed your Evade check, and you've got 10 of them saved up! You only need 5 to seal a Gate. You will get pulled through the Gate on the Arkham Encounters phase, so the hospital or the asylum will have to wait a while. It would have been better just to go to Arkham Asylum in the first place to work on completing your Newspaper Assignment. I'm not sure if you'd be allowed to take back your move and do something else at this point, though. I'll let Tabs decide on that. You really should coordinate your plans with the other players.
Turn 5 Movement
City of the Great Race (2nd area)->Black Cave
Michael walks down the main street of the city to a large circular area in the center of it. A shimmering vortex, much like the one he had passed through, is in the middle of the circle. Michael doesn't hesitate. As soon as he sees it, he runs into it at top speed. The return journey is no less wrenching, but he is a little more used to it by now. Suddenly he finds himself back in the cave, in front of the portal there. Thankfully, the huge hound-like monster is nowhere to be seen.

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:34 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 5 Movement
ooc,Jenny loses her knife in her encounter with the rat creature-
Jenny holds tightly to Eric as the rat creature scurries away with her knife.

That was a present from my dear old Da you wretched Vermin. Get it sweety!

Eric then lets loose with the Tommy Gun Jenny had just recently required spraying the walls of the Witch House in lead and sex. Blood drips out of an extraordinarily large rat hole in the wall. Jenny squeezes Eric's muscualr shoudler.

Maybe we can find a room in the old hag's house hey big boy?
Ooc,Jenny get 3 successes on her horror check so no sanity loss. She then opens fire with her Tommy Gun or Eric does… tee hee hee.. 1 success even with the 5d6. Killed the rat thing.
For rolls - http://darkandmoodyforums.com/cgi-bin/y ... olldisplay

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:05 pm
by Voodoo
Turn 5 Encounter

Monty sees a hooded figure approaching through the gravestones. As the figure draws near he lets forth a blood curdling scream and lunges at Monty. Monty dives out of the way and turns and puts 2 bullets in the figures chest, Stopping him in his tracks. Monty approaches the figure and nudges it with his boot to make sure he's dead.
Hand rolled attack,2 2 3 1 5 5

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:46 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 5 Encounter
OOC,Leo pays 2$ to get full sanity restored.
In the Asylum a nice doctor explained Leo that all he saw was a consequence from the stress from the expedition. And he felt better. Much better.

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:45 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 5 Arkham Encounter
Black Cave
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2344210/]Fight check (5 - 1 {Heat Wave] + 0 [City of the Great Race] = 4 dice) trying to close/seal the Gate (4d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] closes the Gate successfully. He spends 5 Clue tokens to seal it, leaving him with none, and takes the Gate trophy.
Michael recalls the chant that the warlock had made when he had first arrived here. Following the instructions, he repeats the chant in reverse. To his amazement, the vortex swirls faster, and it shrinks at the same time. When it contracts to a point, there is a loud pop. The portal is gone, without any indication that it had ever been there.

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:06 pm
by Tabs
Turn 5 Other World Encounter
OOC,Ghoul. Horror check, Will 3 +0 =3d6: 5 5 3; [b]success[/b]. Combat check, Fight 1 +1[Earl] +5[Rifle] -1 =6d6: 2 5 3 6 3 2; [b]success[/b]. Monster trophy taken.
Rubble from toppled columns is strewn across their path.
A cyclopean slab partially covers a dark pit; Wilson murmurs, "Dark things down there, slithering and sliding."
Professor Rice takes a cautious step behind the Handyman.
"Get a grip!" says Earl Sawyer with amused contempt. He drops a stone into the pit; the clattering noise of it continues seemingly without end, ultimately fading, it is as if the stone is rolling down infinite steps.
An awful, utter silence follows; then Wilson rages: "Earl Sawyer! You ape, you turd, you..."
Clack-clack-clack-clack-clack: horn fingernails drum upon the slab, and up pops a head; wet, crimson eyes watch the fresh meat; a flickering tongue tastes the mens' fear.
Wilson's feet perform a dance as he stumbles amongst the rubble. He snaps the rifle to his shoulder and tilts his head to the sight: "Right in the kisser," and squeezes the trigger.

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:03 pm
by Tabs
Turn 5 Other World Encounter
OOC,Harvey Walters loses $1.
"Euheuhurgggh!"
Harvey emits a rich belch: "My goodness," he chuckles, "two whiffs of that would be greedy."
He rubs his gut, an unpleasent gurgling sensation runs around the lower stomach. Harvey's hand stops at the fob pocket on his weskit; his emergency silver dollar is missing.
His mind pictures Wilson Richards holding his arm as he knelt to drink at the rivulet: "Thief!"

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:50 pm
by Tabs
Turn 5 Mythos
Monster surge, six monsters are spawned: Cultist, Shoggoth, Maniac, Star Spawn, Witch and Dark Young.
Cultist at the Woods, (9th monster).
Shoggoth & Maniac go to the Outskirts + Star Spawn =3, therefore they are returned to the cup; terror level raised by 1, also the Ally, Ruby Standish, leaves Arkham.
Witch & Dark Young go to the Outskirts.
Manhunt in Arkham: all monsters in locations are returned to the cup.

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:29 pm
by Voodoo
Turn 6 Upkeep
No change

Monty collects $2
Retaining retainer roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2344522/]3[/url]

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:40 pm
by Tabs
Turn 6 Upkeep
OOC,No change.

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:45 pm
by Tabs
Turn 6 Upkeep
OOC,Lore >2 to 6 Luck <2 to 1

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:36 am
by kabukiman
Turn 6 upkeep
Speed 2>4
Sneak 3<1

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:21 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 6 Upkeep
Black Cave
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] increases his Speed from 3 to 4 and decreases his Sneak from 3 to 2.
Michael gathers his things and returns the Tommy gun to his violin case. Then he runs from the cave as fast as he can, not wanting to stay around there a moment longer.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:13 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 6 Upkeep
ooc,On Handy's advice, Jenny palns to hit the Shoppe in hopes of finding an Elder Sign.
Jenny adds adjusts her Speed to 2 and Sneak to 2. Plus she takes another $1 from Eric's wallet and puts it in her purse.

I've always depended on the kindness of strangers.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:35 pm
by Voodoo

Turn 6 Movement

Monty jumps on his motorcycle and high tails it away from the graveyard.

Monty: Graveyard
--> River Docks

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:44 am
by Tabs
Turn 6 Movement
R'yleh -> Science Building
"This is it: the gateway back," says Professor Rice.
The puddle swirls round, it looks like cream poured into gently stirred coffee.
"Really?"
Wilson lifts his booted foot up, over the puddle lip and down; down; down.

~

If Wilson had to describe the descent, he would say, "Asleep on a bench - that dream falling feeling - and then waking with my knees in the tulips, the park warden bellowing hotly in my face."
Earl whoops: "Woo-ee! One hell of a ride. Yeah!"
Professor Rice states: "Wilson Richards, you have led us back to Arkham. Thank you, sir.
"Earl Sawyer, you are a hick idiot."

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:49 am
by Tabs
Turn 6 Movement
R'yleh -> Independence Square
Harvey Walters holds the gate box with both pinkie fingers cocked, briefcase dangling from his wrist. Mouthing: "There's no place like home," he takes a dainty skip into the puddle.

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:37 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 6 movement

Leo left the asylum. "There isn't such things as monsters or wizards"- said to himself Leo- "They are just the product of my imagination. I will go now to downton to prove that".
He followed to the downton and saw the monster and the wizard. He walked in their direction. And then he saw the creature jumping in his direction. His body refused to listen his mind who was paralysed with the horror and he shot.
OOC,Horror check: 2(will)-3(Horror check from Elder Thing).Failed. Lose 2 san. Combat: 3(Fight)+3(gun)-0=6d6. Need 2 success. 5,5,4,5,2,5. Success, 1 monster trophy. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2351528/ Horror check: 2(will)-3 (horror check Whateley). Failed, lose 2 sanity. Combat: 3(Fight)+3(gun)-3(Whateley combat rating)=3d6. Need 2 success. 5,2,5. Success. 1 Monster trophy. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2351532/
The creaures stopped with the first shot, and then crumbled with the seccond, but Leo continued hitting the creatures even after it was obviously dead. When he stopped reloading, he saw the old man screaming.
-Ignorant fool! Do you know what you did? You destroyed a member of an old race who is older than mankind! He had so much to teach me! And now you willl...
Leo didn't let him finish his sentence and shot several hits.
-Well, now you can join him in afterlife.
The creatures were real. And there were people helping them. But for now, Leo need to have another chat in the asylum. He needed the pills and have a long sleep...

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:28 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Nicely done! [b]Michael[/b] spends 4 movement points to move to Arkham Asylum. As he passes [b]Leo[/b], he offers him the Axe. If you want to give me something in return, the Newspaper Assignment is one possibility. Then I'd be on my way to completing it and you could go try to seal a Gate. I don't have any Clues left, so that would help me out a lot. Also, Wizard Whateley cannot be taken as a trophy. Instead, you return his token to the box (i.e., he is removed from the game) and you draw 1 Spell instead. Tabs can tell you which Spell you drew.
Turn 6 Movement
Black Cave->Arkham Asylum
Michael runs through the streets of Arkham, his mind still racing from his bizarre experiences. He heads for the asylum downtown to get his head straightened out. As he is approaching the entrance, he sees a fair-haired man with glasses holding a smoking pistol, standing over the bodies of a creature much like the one he slew at the cave and an old man. "I see you've had a run-in with some of the same sort of things I have, sir," he says. "The name's Michael McGlen, and it looks like we've got some things in common. Here." He offers him his axe. "I picked this up in my, uh, travels. You can use it to dismember the corpses. For ease of transportation. It might not be the best idea to leave them lying around in the street. And if you run into any more of these fellows, it would be useful if you get into another scrape."

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:37 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 6 Movement
ooc,With Eric's help, Jenny moves from the General Store > Rivertown > North District > Northside > Curiosity Shoppe.
Jenny appears obvivious to the dangerous insanity stewing all about her. She holds onto her new manly man's arm and breathes a sigh of relief.

It seems like we've been shopping all night Eric sweety!

She laughs out loud as she swings open the Curiosite shop door.

I'm back! Show me your wares shopkeep!

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:05 pm
by Voodoo

Turn 6 Encounter

As Monty walks along the Dock he comes across a man who tells him, "You look like you have problems. I just so happen to be in the business of making them go away." Monty thinks about what the man says for a minute before saying, "I'll give you six dollars if you can make that thing go away." As he says that he points towards the creature soaring up above Arkham.
ooc,Monty Pays $6 to destroy Fire Vampire.

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:31 pm
by Tabs
Turn 6 Encounter
OOC,Elder Sign returned to box. Wilson loses 1 Sanity and 1 Stamina. 1 doom token removed from the doom track. Gate trophy taken.
"That," says Professor Rice, pointing to the chimney pots of the Science Building where the gate to R'yleh hangs in the air, its surface a liquid ripple; "does not obey the laws of physics."
Wilson Richards opens his palm and reveals a lopsided, blue-clay star. He concertinas down and squats upon his hams, arm between his thighs and the back of his hand to the earth, star facing skywards; he begins to sing:
"He's trapped in the occult he no longer belives in
"She says I'm the teacher here, I teach the children."
Earl Sawyer turns to Professor Rice, smirks and whispers: "Jesus H Christ!"
Professor Rice frowns and shushes at Earl Sawyer. Professor Rice studies a cumulus nimbus forming on the horizon.
Wilson continues:
"Upstairs they are buying a stairway to heaven
"Down here in the garden we are turning sticks into snakes.
"Bread of heaven."
Wilson Richards swings his arm and launches the blue-clay star into the gate, he says, "It is sealed."

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:41 pm
by Tabs
Turn 6 Encounter
OOC,Check to close the gate, Lore 6 +0[gate modifier] =6d6: 6 4 2 6 1 4; success,gate trophy taken. Harvey will spend 5 Clue tokens to seal the gate to Another Dimension at Independence Square.

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:19 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 6 Encounter
OOC,No changes
Leo wa still stunned with what happened. He saw suddenly a man talking with him. He told something about an axe, and the creatures. Leo wasn't listening but he nodded and received the axe. The man pointed to the newspaper and Leo droped the newspaper.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:52 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 6 Arkham Encounter
Arkham Asylum
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] pays $2 and has his Sanity restored to the maximum of 3. He also completes the first Task of the Newspaper Assignment if it needs to be done over when a new person obtains it. How can the pairs of Common Items be separated so that we can update our character sheets?
Michael picks up the paper that Leo dropped. It's an assignment from the editor of one of the local newspapers, and it concerns unusual happenings at the old Witch House in French Hill. It mentions that one of the patients at the asylum, a Mr. James Pierpont, checked himself in after a very disturbing encounter there. Michael pockets the piece of paper and walks inside the asylum to check himself in as well.

The doctors help him overcome the trauma of encountering the strange creature in the cave, and the fact that he was able to kill one, as was the man he had met outside, gave him encouragement and reassurance. While he was there, he also talked to Pierpont and interviewed him about his experiences in the Witch House.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:24 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 6 Encounter
ooc,Jenny purchases the Enchanted Knife.
Fingering through the curiosity shoppe's wares, Jenny felt like a kid in a candy store; or a masachist dangling from a chandalier by her pinky fingers... Either way, she was tickled pink adn aroused when she found a shiny jeweled dagger. She immediatelty forked over the dough and began to tease Eric with it's pointy tip.

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:18 pm
by Tabs
Turn 6 Mythos
Image Image Image
Doom token added to the doom track. No monster movement.

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:24 am
by Tabs
Turn 7 Upkeep
OOC,No changes

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:26 am
by Tabs
Turn 7 Upkeep
OOC,No changes

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:26 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 7 upkeep
OOC,No changes

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:33 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 7 Upkeep
Arkham Asylum
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] increases his Speed from 4 to 5 and decreases his Sneak from 2 to 1.
Michael feels much better after a refreshing night's rest. He rises early, pays his bill, and checks himself out, intending to visit the Witch House as soon as possible to see if there's any sign of unusual activity there.

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:20 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 7 Upkeep
ooc,Jenny plans to spend some quality time with Eric in Dunwhich.
Jenny adds adjusts her Speed to 3 and Sneak to 1. Plus she takes yet another $1 from Eric's wallet and puts it in her purse.

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:55 pm
by Voodoo

Turn 7 Upkeep
Changes,Monty Speed is now 3 and Sneak is now 1
Retaining Retainer Roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2357698/]3[/url]
Monty collects $2

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:47 pm
by Tabs
Turn 7 Movement
Science Building
OOC,Wilson will spend his gate trophy to gain 2 Clue tokens.
Speaking to Professor Rice and Earl Sawyer: "With the gate sealed, we've broken the beasts back! it's still wriggling and dangerous, though.
"Let's stay put and enquire at the Science Building, and learn about the nature of this beast - knowledge is power."

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:11 pm
by Tabs
Turn 7 Movement
Independence Square -> Rivertown
OOC,3 movement points, 4th[Map of Arkham] spent using True Magick,[b] Lore (-1) check[/b]; Lore 6 -1 =5d6: 5 3 3 5 2; [b]success [/b]- gain 1 Clue token. (No Sanity loss due to investigator special ability.)
Harvey Walters walks along, his arms outstretched, holding a red and gold tome; short sightedly he deciphers the scribbles written on yellowed pages. "Eureka," he exclaims.
He passes by Leo Anderson, but only manages a curt: "Good day, sir."

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:37 am
by kabukiman
Turn 7 movement
OOC,Leo returns to the asylum.
Leo finaly saw the asylum and smiled. Everything would be ok now.

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:37 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] spends 5 movement points to move to the Witch House.
Turn 7 Movement
Arkham Asylum->WItch House
Michael leaves the asylum and jogs back to French Hill, past the Silver Twilight Lodge that he recently joined and over to the Witch House. It is time to see what mysteries lie inside.

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:05 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 7 Movement
ooc,Jenny moves Curiosity Shoppe > Northside > Train Station > Bishop's Brook Bridge > Village Commons > Blasted Heath > Gargner's Place - using 2 speed from Eric Colt and tapping her Map of Arham. SHe colects 3 clue tokens
On Jenny's delightful tour of Arkham, she decides to visit Dunwhich and take a romantic stroll with her sweety through the gardens.

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:10 am
by Voodoo

Turn 7 Movement
ooc,Monty uses motorcyle
River docks -> Curiosity Shoppe

Monty decides to go back and browse the selection at the Curiosity Shoppe

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:49 pm
by Tabs
Turn 7 Encounter
Science Building
OOC,Wilson at the Science Building trades a gate trophy for 2 Clue tokens.
Wilson raps the brass knocker on the panelled oak door. After a few minutes wait it is opened a crack by a gangling man wearing a white lab coat. Wilson tries not to stare at the monocle clasped in the scientist's left eye - the muscles round his eye appear to be straining, as if he is making a supreme effort to grip the thing; also, there is a whiff of antiseptic.
The scientist says brusquely: "I am ever so busy: most important research, so little time, interruption," the last comment is obviously directed at Wilson; "what do you want?"
Wilson holds out the gate trophy for the scientist's inspection by way of reply.
"Ah! I see. You had better come inside with me, my laboratory is in the basement."

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:15 pm
by Tabs
Turn 7 Encounter
Rivertown
OOC,No encounter.

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:19 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 7 Encounter
OOC,Pay 2 dollares to recover the sanity
Leo was back at the asylum. He received an excelent treatment: cold baths, pills, hypnose, electric shocks. When he finished, he felt a new man.

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:40 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 7 Encounter
ooc,Jenny gives up palid mask. Can't bare to give up the sacrificing card. Its too much fun. He then picks up Ammi as an Ally.
Jenny happily gives up her mask to help the old man... more actually to get rid of him... When Ammi offers to join him, Jenny winces...

OK Fine old man, I guess we could use the help. Just stay up wind.

Jenny then turns and whispers to Eric.

He'll be the first to die sweety. We'll burry that gardner with his own shovel.

Jenny then looks at the dirt crusted under the old gardeners fingernails...

Well.. you will I'm sure Eric sweety!

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:54 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 7 Arkham Encounter
Witch House
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] loses 1 Sanity (unless [b]Leo[/b] uses Leadership), leaving him with 2. He completes the second part of the Newspaper Assignment.
Michael enters the mysterious house, and within seconds of setting foot in the horrible place he can actually feel the house breathing. It's not the wind - it's as if the house has a set of lungs that are pumping air in and out. A chill washes over him when he hears the breath whisper in his ear: "Michael McGlen..."

"Who said that?!" he snarls, whipping out his Tommy gun and swiveling around, but there is nobody there for him to shoot. "Show yourself!"

The only response is a mocking laughter that seems to come from everywhere and nowhere, all at once.

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:41 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Leo prevents one sanity point of loss of Michael

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:28 pm
by Voodoo

Turn 7 Encounter
ooc,Monty doesn't buy anything.

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:17 pm
by Tabs
Turn 7 Mythos
Monster surge! Woods: Colour Out of Space, Shoggoth and Mi-Go; Wizard's Hill: Vampire, Hunting Horror and Cultist. Monster movement: Hunting Horror descends upon Jenny Barnes, Byakhee & Mi-Go fly to the Sky, Shoggoth -> Southside, Colour Out of Space (everyone lose 1 Sanity on a roll of 4-6): 4.
Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImage Image

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:30 am
by Tabs
Turn 8 Upkeep
OOC,Speed 3 to 2 & Sneak 2 to 3

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:09 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 8 Upkeep
OOc,Speed>4 Sneek<1

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:28 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 8 Upkeep
Witch House
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] increases his Will from 2 to 3 and decreases his Fight from 5 to 4.
Michael, still spooked by his encounter, heads for the exit to the Witch House. He just wants to get out of there as fast as possible.

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:13 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 8 Upkeep
ooc,Jenny raises her fight to 3 and lowers will to 3

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:46 pm
by Voodoo

Turn 8 Upkeep
ooc,No changes
Monty gains $2
Retainer Roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2378271/]4[/url]

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:32 pm
by Tabs
Turn 8 Upkeep
OOC,Speed to 1 & Sneak to 5.

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:47 pm
by Tabs
Turn 8 Movement
Rivertown -> Merchant District
OOC,1 movement point to read True Magick, [b]Lore (-1) check[/b] 6 +1[Heat Wave] =6d6: 5 6 6 4 4 5; 1 Clue token gained; no Sanity loss.

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:00 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 8 Movement
OOC,Asylum-Train Station
Leo was feeling well already. But he heard some rumours: that an old man from Dunwich had been murdered in Arkham. By the description, Leo was sure it was the wizzard he killed. So he decide to go to Dunwich and discover what secrets the place had.

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:27 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] spends 5 movement points to move to the Newspaper.
Turn 8 Movement
WItch House->Newspaper
Michael runs to the newspaper office to file his story on the Witch House.

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:19 am
by DSIGFUSS
Turn 8 Movement
ooc,roll 1. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2380584/ clue token reroll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2380589/ - success. Then Jenny shoots Tommy Gun : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2380590/ - only 1 success in 8 rolls! #$!?%## Jenny uses another clue token http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2380591/ success! kills haunting horror. Used 1 clue token
Jenny's trip through the beautiful land of Arham and it surrounding lands is cut suddenly short as a haunting horror blocks her way out of the garden. Jenny whips her Tommygun out and riddles the poor outworldly bastard with hot steamy shells. Walking past the slumping mess, she wipes her heel on the carcass..

C'mon boys! Date's over!

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:06 pm
by Voodoo

Monty Turn 8 Movement
ooc,No change

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:45 am
by Tabs
Turn 8 Movement
Science Building -> Woods
OOC,Evade the Color Out of Space, +1[Evade modifier] Sneak 5 +1[Skill] +1[Earl Sawyer] =8d6: 3 2 3 4 2 2 4 2; [b]WHAT!![/b] Spending 5 Clue tokens: 1 1 2 1 4; [b]NO!![/b]. Evade failed, 1 Stamina lost. Horror check (-3) Will 3, automatically fail and lose 4 Sanity; Wilson goes insane. Lose half one's items, discarding: Rifle, Derringer and Whisky, also move to Asylum and restore Sanity to 1. [size=150]Edit[/size]: As Mr. Handy pointed out Wilson's Sneak Skill allows a bonus die per Clue token spent, so that means a potential 10d6 (Wilson had 5 Clue tokens); d6: 3 3 5; [b]success[/b]. So Wilson evades the Colour Out of Space, stays at the Woods and has 1 Clue token remaining.
The Colour Out of Space is a vile slug, it looks like a smear on the ground that has passed through the digestion of a gigantic herbivore and then illuminated with a thousand bulbs. Wilson says, "I think we'll go round it, boys."
Carefully treading through ferns Wilson doesn't see the ditch, missing his step he collapses to his knees. A sting on the sole of his foot reveals a horrid glue, an acid which is eating through his boot. The ditch is full of the stuff, The Colour Out of Space is all round him: "Oh God, please nnnfwui...."

The shocking vision continues to play in his mind: another Wilson is tearing at his eyeballs, tears and blood; and a melting foot thumps upon the bracken...
Then, the image evaporates: he is still creeping through the Woods with Earl Sawyer and Prof. Rice.

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:29 am
by daedalum
Turn 8 Encounter
OOC,No Encounter
Halting mid stride, Harvey rouses himself from a deep train of thought. The sound of the river is in his ears and a briney breese plays along his whiskers. Contemplative pacings have delivered him to the end of a pier. The old man shudders feeling the sky arcing overhead.

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:58 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 8 Encounter

Leo arrived at the station. He heard an old man singing with a guitar. They were just ordinary balads, about love and goodlife, but somewhow, Leo felt much better. The fatigue from his ordeal was passing.
OOC,Leo restores his stamina, since his sanity is at the maximum.

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:05 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 8 Arkham Encounter
Newspaper
OOC,Ack! I don't know how I missed that last post. All this time I thought I was waiting for someone else, and it was me. :oops: [b]Michael[/b] completes his Newspaper Assignment. He discards it and gains 4 Clue tokens and $5 as the payoff.
Michael goes to the office of Doyle Jeffries, the newspaper editor. He begins to tell him about his bizarre experiences, but the editor gives him a skeptical look. "Hang on now," he says. "Do you have any proof?"

"Well, there's this trinket I picked up in that strange desert land," he says.

"That could have come from anywhere."

"There's also the remains of a creature I killed." He shows the editor the trophy he had taken.

Doyle shivered. "That does look odd, but it could have come from an animal. Got anything else?"

"Uh...no."

"Come back when you do, then." With that, the editor shows him out. At least Michael is able to file his story on the Witch House and get paid for it. And while he is at it, he does some research in the newspaper archives, also known as the Morgue, and finds out a lot of useful information. Unfortunately, Doyle Jeffries has already left for the day by the time he finds the proof he needs.

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:22 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 8 Encounter
ooc,Jenny raises her Stamina 3 PAST ITS MAXIMUM
Standing overtop the bullet-hole ridden horror, Jenny is suddenly filled with unnatural vigor. Smiling, she pulls Eric into a nearby utility shed and slams the door behind her. Confused, Ammi approaches the shed to the sound of clay pots and shovels crashing about inside. The old gardener slowly bends down and looks through a knot hole in one of the boards lining the sheds. He quickly pulls away, his face red with embarassment as the sound of his new employer's grunting and moaning fills his eyes and ears. Ammi can't help himself though and quickly returns to the knot hole to get a second peek, his dentures grinding with anticipation.

Later, Jenny opens the door to the gardner's shed and steps out into the night air, adjusting her skirt appropriately.

C'mon you two! We got a town to save! So pull your knickers up yah old coot, and get back in line.

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:32 pm
by Voodoo

Turn 8 Encounter

Monty looks to where the shop keeper is pointing, "This old thing?" Monty asks while holding up the Enchanted Jewelry, "I'm sure we can come to some sort of deal for it."
ooc,Monty earns $6

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:45 pm
by Tabs
Turn 8 Arkham Encounter
Within the exposed roots of a hoary tree and surrounded by brown pine needles lies a small pond: duckweed and dead newts swirl on the surface.
"Another puddle," comments Earl Sawyer.
"No, another gate," replies Prof. Rice.

Other World Encounter
Yuggoth (1st area)
OOC,Pass a[b] Luck (-2) check[/b] to avoid becoming lost in the icy dark valleys that predominate here. If you fail, stay here next turn. Luck 3 -2 +1[Prof. Rice] =2d6: 3 1; Wilson is [b]delayed[/b].
Prof. Rice halts and studies the cyclopean cubes clinging to the mountain peaks.

Wilson also stops: "This path is familiar, we've been here before;" cheeks puffing: "we are walking in circles."

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:19 pm
by Tabs
Turn 8 Mythos
Image ImageImage
Gate to Lost Carcosa opens at Gardeners' Place, Jenny Barnes is drawn through the gate to the 1st area and delayed. Doom token added to the doom track. Monster movement: Goat Spawn -> Village Commons. Rumor: Mad Bomber; $4 x 6 =$24 placed on card.

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:25 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 9 Upkeep
OOC,No changes

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:00 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 9 Upkeep
Newspaper
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] increases his Will from 3 to 4 and decreases his Fight from 4 to 3. I'm planning to go to the Merchant District and dump all my money into the Mad Bomber. I'm not worried about it going off, as the game won't last that long, but getting 2 Clues apiece would be nice. If nobody else can take care of the Goat Spawn, though, I'll do that instead.
As Michael leaves the newspaper office, he passes a newsboy running in. The lad is shouting something about a mad bomber in the Merchant District.

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:33 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 9 Upkeep
ooc,Jenny makes no changes. Jenny gets $1

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:18 am
by Voodoo

Turn 9 Upkeep
ooc,No changes
Monty gains $2
Retainer roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2400534/]2[/url]

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:40 pm
by Tabs
Turn 9 Upkeep
OOC,Speed -> 3 and Sneak -> 3

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:50 am
by daedalum
Turn 9 Upkeep
OOC,no change

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:37 am
by kabukiman
Turn 9 Movement

Leo paid the trip. The voyage in the train was swift. The landscape started to change subtly: modern and well kept houses, were substituted by ruined farms. The Dunwitch station was actually abbandoned place near the countryside. It just had a signal: "Village Commons"
-Nice place. I will have to walk a bit.
After less than a minute he saw an incredible creature: it had the forms of a women, but at the same time, it seem alien, like a temptress made in some hell. Leo tried to avoid her.
OOC,Sneak (1)+dark cloak (1)=2d6. Need one success. 3,3. Failed http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2400397/
She spott him immediatly.
She jumped to him and he could see that she wasn't indeed human, but from what hell she came, he couldn't tell; anywhay, he wasn't affected, since he was busy saving his own life.
OOC,Horror check: Will (2). Need one success. 6,1 Passed http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2400406/
Leo resign himself to fight
OOC,Combat: Fight (3)+.38 revolver(3)+Axe(2)-Heat(1)-Combat rating(2)=5d6. Toughness 2 (need 2 success): 6,3,4,3,6. Success. One monster trophy http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2400439/
He hit her with one shot in her heart (If indeed she had a heart) and another in the head, and she falled in the ground, soundless; her body vanished, except her hair.
-Maybe she was half human, and this is all that left, and the rest returned to hell.

Edit: Leo lost one stamina from failing the evade but his leadership prevents that.

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:46 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] spends 2 movement points to move to the Merchant District streets.
Turn 9 Movement
Newspaper->Merchant District
Michael heads immediately over to the Merchant District to see what the fuss is all about.

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:55 pm
by Voodoo
Turn 9 Movement

Nothing

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:53 am
by Tabs
Turn 9 Movement
(1st area) Yuggoth

Dreary clouds touch the mountain peaks, covering the valley, the light fades to a purple haze. "Lost in the dark."

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:56 pm
by daedalum
Turn 9 Movement

Having cleared his head on the banks of the river, Harvey sat down with the mornings paper in the nearby tearoom. The front page had caught his eye "Extortion bomb threats leave Merchant District quaking". Tea and scones were soon forgotten as the now alert professor spread the broadsheet and his map in front of him, circling the locations of the threats in the article.
OOC,Exhaust Map of Arkham for +1 movement
Tracing the pattern of the locations, his suspicions grew. He had seen a similar pattern in diagrams rendered in graveyard soil itself upon the leaves of the ghastly Cultes Des Goules depicting the telling arrangement of burrows and entrance ways to that dread underworld. Was the Mad Bomber some misguided crusader who planned to seal those ancient bolt holes hidden in the basements of the innocent townsfolk?. Of course such reckless vigilantism was disturbing but what gripped the old man now was a deeper dread. That this town was truly riddled with catacombs not built by human limbs. Finally the cryptic texts and baffling incantations he had memorised from that book made terrible sense.
OOC,Exhaust Cultes Des Goules, spend 2 movement [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2404405/[/url] Success! Harv gains a spell and 1 Clue token losses 1 san, Cultes Des Goules discarded
OOC,Harvey moves from Merchant Dis. to River Docks

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:47 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 9 Arkham Encounter
Merchant District
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] spends $8 to remove $8 from the Mad Bomber, leaving $16. He now has $0 remaining.
Michael finds a group of merchants and talks to them about what's going on. They are taking up a collection in the hopes of paying off the bomber to keep him from blowing up buildings in Arkham.

"We can't have that," says Michael. "It's bad for business." Besides, some of the threatened buildings are O'Bannion's fronts, he thinks as he forks over all of his hard-earned cash.

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:07 pm
by Voodoo
Turn 9 Encounter

Monty can be seen searching the shelves of the Shoppe. Every now and then he stops and picks up an item and examines it before returning it to its place with a muttered, "Nope not what I am looking for. I know I saw it around here somewhere." The owner came along about an hour ago to try and assist him but even then they couldn't find what he was looking for and the little man was sent running back to his counter.

After another twenty minutes or so Monty walked to the counter carrying a leather bound tome which he set down saying, "This isn't what I need but I may have some use for it. If you would be so kind as to wrap it for me while I continue my search again."
Purchase,-$5

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:58 am
by daedalum
Turn 9 Encounter

As night falls Harvey's lantern picks out a figure. He babbles for the loss of his wife and daughter but Harvey can make no sense of the man.
"Look fellow, you need to lay off the booze. You're not making any sense, goodbye"
OOC,River docks Abner Weems luck (-1) Check. HW luck=1 1 (Lantern) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2407489/ Ba-bowww fail

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:00 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 9 Encounter
OOC,No changes
-Where is the village? Oh, it's there. Pity there isn't anyone to give me some information. I mean, normal people.

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:22 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 9 Encounter
ooc,Jenny avoids taking 1 sanity with Ammi's help. Jenny removes the skill concealment and gains the skill Luck.
Jenny gets up off her ass and looks around in complete bewilderment. She had never before experienced the horror of inter dimensional travel. She had glorious plans of entering the gates in Arkham but she had no idea a gate would appear so close to her. She obviously wasn’t as prepared as she thought she was and her mind still reeled from being sucked through an inter-dimensional portal to the Lost world of Carcosa.

Jenny shivered uncontrollably as she led her trio through the twisted tangled streets of Carcosa. The plinky twangy sounds of terrifying stringed monstrosities that perhaps only devils called music permeated every corner of the city. Jenny covered her ears and called out to her lover.

Run Eric Run!

They ran and ran as the sounds of warped pipes too high for mortal ears and drums too deafening for Jenny’s already weakened mind pounded all around them. Jenny was about to kill the old gardener Ammi amidst a fit of hysterical sadomasochistic interpretive dance, when the music suddenly stopped.

Whatever lessons in life Jenny had learned, she now forgotten. She just felt lucky to be alive.

C’mon boys lets keep moving.

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:55 pm
by Tabs
Turn 9 Encounter
(1st area) Yuggoth
OOC,[b]Will (-2) check[/b] or be delayed. Will 3 -2 =1d6: 2; [b]fail[/b].
Finally, a path descends. The valley flattens into a limitless plain. Just as Wilson's spirit rises he stops at the edge of a cliff; the path has fallen away, leaving a terrifying gap of several feet. Without a pause in his stride, Earl Sawyer leaps across, like a two legged cat:
"Wooo-ee!"
"I can't do it, the void will pull me down." Wilson spits.
"The jump is easy, like crossing a brook, what are you waiting for?"
"Listen, you f_ck_n' farmer, I'm scared of heights."

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:48 pm
by Tabs
Turn 9 Mythos
Image Image
Doom token added to the doom track (7th). Monster movement: Gug -> Blasted Heath. $6 added to Mad Bomber =$22 ($48 allowed).

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:04 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 10 Upkeep
Merchant District
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] increases his Sneak from 1 to 2 and decreases his Speed from 5 to 4. I'm planning to go to the Silver Twilight Lodge to pick up a 5th Clue and have an Inner Sanctum encounter.
Michael ponders where to go next to continue his investigation. He decides to return to the Silver Twilight Lodge to see if he can learn any secrets of the mumbo jumbo that they so jealously guard.

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:12 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 10 Upkeep
ooc,Jenny makes no changes. Jenny gets 1$.

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:36 am
by Voodoo

Turn 10 Upkeep
ooc,Monty gains $2, no change, retainer roll [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2412902/]6[/url]

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:58 pm
by Tabs
Turn 10 Upkeep
OOC,No changes
"I'll jist jump back over then, Willy," says a disgruntled Earl Sawyer, "and there wern't a need to cuss at me; anyways, what's wrong with farmers?"
Wilson Richards is humiliated by his failure to leap accross the void, he is in a foul mood: "Farmers are pig-thick uneducated idiots, who spend their day walking in cow shit."
"Hark at you! Mr Hobo, I s'pose you've bin college learned."
Professor Rice interrupts, "It's a riveting conversation you two are having, I can't deny it. How are we going to get down from these mountains and back to Arkham?"

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:26 pm
by daedalum
Turn 10 upkeep
OOC,no change

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:17 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 10 Upkeep
OOC,No hanges

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:21 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] spends 3 movement points to move to the Silver Twilight Lodge. He collects 1 Clue token, giving him a total of 5.
Turn 10 Movement
Merchant District->Silver Twilight Lodge
Michael makes his way down to French Hill and returns to the Silver Twilight Lodge. As he enters, he hears chanting that sounds eerily like the chants he heard that strange blond-haired warlock doing back at the cave. Intrigued, he heads for the inner sanctum.

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:34 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 10 Movement
ooc,Jenny enters the second area of Carcosa.
After Jenny's strange jaunt through the lost city streets of Carcosa, she passes through a massive gated structure covered with pictograms. The pictures move slightly in corners of Jenny’s vision but never out in the open. If Jenny were to guess, the gate signified the division of classes in the city but she couldn’t tell to which class she was walking towards. Judging by the pictograms, whatever class of residency she was entering, they valued sharp teeth and eyes. Many, many, many eyes.

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:34 pm
by Voodoo

Turn 10 Movement
ooc,Curiousitte Shoppe--->Merchent District
Realizing he probably won't be able to find what he's looking for Monty decides to head to the Merchent District. Waving goodbye to the owner and securing his purchase Monty steps out into the street. adventure awaits again.

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:39 pm
by Tabs
Turn 10 Movement
Yuggoth (1st area)
Wilson Richards sings:
"What is this that stands before me
"Figure in black is pointing at me
"Oh no!"

Earl Sawyer claps his hands over his ears: "He's off again, I can't stand his voice, it's like a bullfrog being squashed."
Professor Rice replies, "Ignore him and perhaps he'll stop."

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:57 am
by daedalum
Turn 10 Movement
OOC,Exhaust True Magic lore check (-1) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2417303/ Success! Harvey gains 1 clue, ignores 1 point san loss
Harvey decides to stay in the docks area in the hopes of gathering some cash to pay off this Mad Bomber chap.

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:31 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 10 Movement

Leo saw a light to the west.
"There must be a house there, maybe I get a place to sleep this night."
After walking some time, he saw the light was at the top of a small hill. And then he saw a man with a knife in his hand, a dead child and with a cloak screaming some words that were starting to be familiar: "Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fthagn!" and some others that were impossible to understand. Worst were the presence of a very palid man with claws and... a ghost???
OOC,Cultist: no horror check Combat: Fight (3)+.38 revolver (3)+axe(2)+cultist combat rating (1)= 9d6. Need one success. 2,6,3,6,4,4,1,5,5. Cultist dead. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2418027/
The cultist looked at Leo and said: "I'm almost opening the portal to bring the begging of all things to our world! Azathot will reing in our earth!A nd you will be his final sacrifice !"
He then charged but Leo shot him in the chest; the man was probably dead when still with impulse he was near to Leo, so Leo chopped his head. Leo looked at the creatures to see if they had been impressed, but they just attacked anyway...
OOC,Vampire Horror check: Will(2)-Horror Rating (0)=2d6. Need 1 success. Failed. Spend one 1 clue token. Passed, no sanity loss http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2418035/ Combat: Fight(3)+.38 revolver(3/2=1,5, rounded up it's 2)+axe(2/2=1)=6d6-Combat rating (3)=3d6. Thougness 2 (need 2d6 of success). 3,5,1. One success, spend one clue token. Vampire dead. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2418048/
The palid man with the claws seemed to hypnotise Leo, but it was probably a trick of Leo imagination, so Leo shot him; this one was more robust, and Leo needed several hits to kill him.
"How do kill a ghost? He didn't needed any help to see that his weapons were useless. But he had another trump card in his sleeve...

OOC,Ghost Horror check: Will(2)-Horror Rating(2)=0. Failed, lost 2 sanity. Combat: Fight (3). No weapons bonus, because of the combat immunity. Use the dread curse of Azathot: Lore (3)- casting modifier (2). Failed. Spend one clue token. Passed. Pay two sanity. Figth (3)+ Dread curse of Azathot (9)=12d6-Combat Rating(3)=9d6. Need 1 success. 5,1,1,2,2,1,1,4,4. Combat win
Leo guarded his weapons in his bag and started a chant. Leo was frigthened, when the ghost was near him, feeling it's unnatural coldness, and it's whisper of torments in another world. He almost lost his concentration. Almost. Then the ghost screamed and Leo stoped the chanting, realizing that the creature was dissolving.
Leo use leadership to reduce one lost point of sanity.

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:58 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 10 Arkham Encounter
Silver Twilight Lodge (Inner Sanctum)
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] gains $5. He now has $5 total.
Michael arrives at the inner sanctum of the Silver Twilight Lodge in time for some sort of ceremony. There is a lot of chanting and more of that hocus pocus these guys in robes seem fond of. He doesn't know the words, and he isn't quite sure what they'll do, so he hums along instead.

After the ritual ends, one of the Lodge brothers pulls Michael aside. "I had a very disturbing dream last night," he says. "It told me that something terrible would happen unless I gave you this." As he said it, he pressed a folded $5 bill into Michael's palm.

"Thanks, buddy," says Michael. I wonder what made him do that? he thinks. If I could figure out how to give people nightmares, this could really help our protection rackets increase their profits.

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:30 am
by Voodoo

Turn 10 Encounter
ooc,Monty pays $7 to mad bomber and now has $0
As Monty makes his way through the Merchant District he is approached by two men. As they near him one of the men steps towards Monty and whispers, "Pardon me Sir, Have you by any chance heard about the threats?" Hearing this Monty stops short and looks to the man, "What threats do you speak of?" Picking up on Monty's obvious curiosity the man continues, "Well Sir, There have been threats to plant bombs all around Arkham if a the city does not pay a certain amount of money to the bomber. Me and this gentleman here have taken it upon ourselves to go forth and try to find folks, Such as yourself, Who may wish to donate to the ransom in hopes of keeping our fair city safe." Monty ponders what the man has said for a second before fishing in his pocket and pulling out a wad of bills, "I would be honored to help, Unfortunately this is all I have to give right now." With that said Monty hand the man his money before continuing on his way.

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:14 pm
by daedalum
Turn 10 Encounter
OOC,Will check (+1) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2421870/ a five! yay
Once again the professor wanders down to the waters edge, lost in thought. He feels the cool dark depths calling to him, like an ancient genetic memory. Perhaps the answers to all his questions lie there somewhere. If only he could stretch out and...
He snaps out of his reverie and turns away from the water
"I know what I must do!"

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:36 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 10 encounter
OOC,speed:4-1=3d6. Need 2 success. 6,1,4. Spend 1 clue token, success. Got 5 more tokens http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2424110/
Leo was finaly on the top of the hill. And suddenly he felt dizzy. He looked and he wasn't in Dunwitch. He was in a strange island; the sea was calm, but was menacing. On the island he could see Cyclopic stones. And weird carvings in them. And he hear a strange noise, like if the island itself was breathing. he was feeling it wasn't a normal place, but some living nightmare. Suddenly, he saw a skeleton; by the cloths, it had been a sailor. There was a book in the hand; He open it and saw it was a diary. Then he felt that the sound was getting closer. It's imagination? Leo decide to retire to the sea, and by luck, he saw a small boat. Then he heard the sound: it was something running. Leo didn't have the courage to look behind, he felt he would regret. He jump to the boat.

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:48 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 10 Encounter
ooc,Jenny loses her dusty manuscripts.
Rowing away from the terrible island of Carcosa Jenny urges her two men forward, thankful to finally be rid of the lost city's orchestra from hell. She watches the island shrink in the distance and rubs Eric's shoulders. How could she think about doing what she planned to do. Ammi was a no brainer. She'd slit his throat and toss him in the lake now if that didn't mean that she would have to row. Eric would be much more difficult to sacrifice. Oh she knew he'd have a good time. She would not let him pass on into the after life until they had reached a climax in their relationship. Or at least before she climaxed.

Then a dark shadow passes under the boat. Jenny reached instinctively for her Tommy Gun but the small satchel containing her dusty old manuscripts and some letters from her sister fell into the water instead. Jenny stretched out her arm into the water as a long suckered tentacle bats away her hand and retrieves the book. The shadow slowly disappears into the deep blue Ocean and Jenny screams as the creature flees with her secrets.

Damn you Ammi. I said keep the boat steady.

She then thinks to herself. I'll have no problem killing you old man! No problem at all.

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:32 pm
by Tabs
Turn 10 Other World Encounter
OOC,Time and space bend around you. Make a[b] Luck (-1) check[/b]. If you pass, return to Arkham. If you fail, stay here next turn. Luck 3 +1[Prof Rice] -1 =3d6: 6 2 1; [b]success[/b].
The clouds broil and a lightning storm flashes overhead. A rainbow coloured thunderbolt strikes down at the three men, the noise of it fills their eardrums and the rock itself appears to vibrate; a low whistle sound - inside their mind - crescendos; the sound dies; Wilson is surrounded by trees and ferns, in Arkham Woods.

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:45 pm
by Tabs
Turn 10 Mythos
Zombie moves, Devil's Hopyard -> Blasted Heath.
Witch, Dark Young, Byakhee and Mi-Go are returned to the monster cup. $6 is added to the Mad Bomber.

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:49 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 11 Upkeep
ooc,Jenny collects 1 dollar. She moves Fight from 3 to 4 and Will from 3 to 2

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:03 am
by Voodoo

Turn 11 upkeep
ooc,Monty gains $2, retainer roll [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2425989/]6[/url]

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:51 am
by Tabs
Turn 11 Upkeep
OOC,Lore -> 4 Luck <- 1

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:12 pm
by daedalum
Turn 11 upkeep
OOC,FIGHT <<2<< WILL >>1>> LORE <<5<< LUCK >>2>>

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:52 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 11 Upkeep
No changes

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:27 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 11 Upkeep
Silver Twilight Lodge
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] increases his Sneak from 2 to 3 and decreases his Speed from 4 to 3. I'm going to the Historical Society. It means an extra turn before I can try to seal the Woods Gate, but that extra Clue may be necessary.

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:57 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 11 Movement
ooc,Jenny moves into the Devils Hopyard and breaths a sigh of relief, happy to finally free of the horrors of Carcosa.

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:34 pm
by Voodoo

Turn 11 Movement
ooc,Monty taps motorcycle and pas $1 to move to Brooks Bridge
Merchant District --> Brooks Bridge

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:02 pm
by Tabs
Turn 11 Movement
Woods -> Southside
Image Image
ooc,Colour Out of Space: [b]Evade check (+1)[/b], Sneak 3 +1[Skill] +1[Earl] =6d6: 6 6 4 2 2 1; [b]success[/b]. Shoggoth: [b]Horror check (-1)[/b], Will 3 =2d6: 1 3, spend 1 Clue token =1d6: 5; [b]success[/b], (Phew!), lose 1 Sanity from the monster's Nightmarish 1 ability. [b]Combat check (-1) [3][/b], Fight 1 +1[Earl] +9[Powder of Ibn-Ghazi] =10d6: 6 6 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 1; [b]success[/b], Powder of Ibn-Ghazi - (lose 1 Sanity and discard after use.)
The Shoggoth squelches its way, rolling and oozing, along the Southside streets. It is another disgusting slug, like the one in the Woods Wilson has fled from, but, this one is like a lumpy oil slick covered in pustules; these spots are in fact numerous unblinking eyes which melt into the mass, only to reappear elsewhere.
Professor Rice puts his hand to his mouth and is violently sick; the macaroni cheese he ate for yesterday's lunch drips between his fingers.

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:54 am
by daedalum
Turn 11 Movement
OOC,SORRY FOR THE DELAY Harvey move River Docks ->Merchant Dist. -> NorthSide ->Newspaper Spend final Movement to Exhaust True Magick Tomb Makes lore (-1) check to gain clue http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2439958/ success, gains clue Waits for encounter (hoping for money for train)

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:18 am
by kabukiman
Turn 11 movement
OOC,Leo moves to the second area
After sailing some minutes, Leo discovered that he was... in the island again. But in a new place. Leo started to read the book an then explore the island.

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:43 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] spends 3 movement points to move from the Silver Twilight Lodge to the South Church. Does [b]Wilson[/b] want to trade anything as I move past?
Turn 11 Movement
Silver Twilight Lodge->South Church
Michael heads to Southside and approaches the South Church. At a time like this, he could really use some divine favor. He may be a criminal, but he reasons that he can still be a good Catholic. All I gotta do is confess my sins and do my penance, he thinks. Then I'm in good with God, right?

On his way to the church, he meets a drifter passing by on a motorcycle. The man stops and greets him, asking if he'd like a drink.

"Thanks, pal," says Michael, taking a bottle of bootleg whiskey that the motorcyclist offered him and surreptitiously hiding it under his coat. He then takes out the ham sandwich and gives it to him. "Here, want a bite to eat? Just, ah, don't ask where it's been."

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:11 am
by Tabs
Trade with Michael?,Michael can take Wilson's Whisky, he may need the Sanity (no image of the Whisky card - do one for you if you wish). I don't think there is anything that Wilson needs.

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:15 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Thanks, I could sure use a stiff one! Please post a picture when you get a chance. I'll give you my Food in return. You'll probably need it more than I do, what with my special ability and high Stamina.

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:23 am
by Tabs
Turn 11 Encounter
ooc,[b]Fight (-2) check[/b] =2d6: 2 6; gate to Lost Carcosa closed, spending 5 Clue tokens to seal the location.

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:58 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 11 Encounter
OOC,Sanity check: Will(2). 2d6. 1,2. Lost 3 sanity points http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2452591/
OOC,Combat: Fight(3)+Gunsmith(3)=6d6-Combat rating (1)=5d6. Need 3 success. 2,5,2,3,5. Failed, get 3 damage.
Suddenly Leo saw a tree moving. Only it wasn't a tree: it had mouths and it look some hell creature. When Leo awaked from the shock, the creature was near him; he shot it, but for no avail.

OOC: Anyone knows what happened to my second weapon?I was supposed to have an axe, and now it's gone. I really miss the 2 damage points.

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:59 pm
by Voodoo

Turn 11 Encounter

As Monty is walking down the street a kid comes racing along. Monty was unable to avoid the kid in the automobile and was clipped by it when it passed.
ooc,Monty -2 stamina

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:48 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 11 Arkham Encounter
South Church
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] exchanges his Gate Trophy for a Blessing. Please post an image of a Blessing card somewhere so I can copy it to my character sheet. [b]Leo[/b] does still have his Axe and the .38 Revolver. However, the Dark Young has Physical Resistance, meaning that your weapons only give half their Combat bonus, rounded up. Thus, the .38 gives you +2 and the Axe gives you +1, meaning that you rolled the correct number of dice after all. However, you do need to finish the fight. This battle is to the finish, not just one round. Since you got two successes already, I recommend using Clues one at a time until you get a third. You have 8 Clues and you only need 5 to seal the Gate when you return. You can do this now, in the first round, so that you can avoid taking damage. Even if this takes you below 5 Clues, you should still do it. Getting knocked out here means you'll be Lost in Time and Space, and you'll lose Clues anyway. Better to survive and take the trophy, then return to Arkham and gather more Clues if that happens. Also, don't forget you have Leadership, so you can reduce the Sanity loss by 1. Tabs, since Kabukiman is absent, do you want to complete his battle?
Michael enters the church and goes straight to the confessional. "Forgive me, Father," he says to the priest on the other side of the grating, "for I have sinned. It's been...far too long since my last confession."

"What are you sins, my son?" asks the priest.

"Well...where do I start? I've killed a bunch of guys. Uh, you do realize you're not allowed to tell the cops about this, right?"

"Of course, my son."

"Well, a lot of them are on our payroll anyway. I've beat some people up, broken a few kneecaps. I've stolen stuff and traded in stolen stuff. I've coveted. I've had impure thoughts. I haven't committed adultery, that's just asking for trouble, but fornication, I've done a lot of that. I've used a lot of dirty words. I've done a bunch of other stuff I can't even remember." He pats the whiskey bottle. "Oh, and I broke the Prohibition laws. Well, not techinically since I didn't actually buy this, I bartered for it, but-"

"Let's start with these guys you killed."

"Well, they needed killin'. They were real bad - worse than me, even. These guys were total wackoes, Father. Worshipping the vilest abominations, using demonic powers. And they tried to kill me first if it matters."

"Yes, it does."

"I'm just trying to save this town. I've got a lot invested in it, and I can't have creepy-crawlies from other worlds poking their tentacles into it and messing things up. These holes between worlds are opening up, and I managed to seal one of them, but there are more of them forming all the time."

"Are you sure you shouldn't go to the Sanitarium?"

"Hell, I've already been there. I mean heck! Sorry, Father."

"You're going to need to do some serious penance for what you've done, my child. You say you want to save Arkham? Then that is your penance. I've noticed more than a few strange things happening around Arkham. If you can put a stop to it, that would go a long way."

"Actually, i could use a little help there, Father. Can you put in a good word with the big guy upstairs?"

"Consider it done, my son."

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:56 am
by Tabs
Turn 11 Arkham Encounter
ooc,Newspaper: Flipping through the early edition, you are surprised to see that one of the classified ads begins with your name. Reading it, you realize that it contains several coded clues to the nature of the threat that faces Arkham. Pass a [b]Lore (-3) check[/b] to gain 3 Clue tokens. Lore 5 -3 =2d6: 3 1; [b]failure[/b].

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:06 pm
by Tabs
Turn 11 Other World Encounter
ooc,Combat against Dark Young, 1 more success required, spending Clue token to roll 1d6: 2; 4; 2; 6; [b]success[/b]!

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:02 am
by Tabs
Turn 11 Mythos
Image Image
Doom token added to the doom track; monster movement: Dhole -> Blasted Heath, Colour Out of Space -> 4-6 all investigators in Arkham lose 1 Sanity*. (1d6=4) Ugh!. $6 ransom added to the Mad Bomber.

*The Sanity loss effects Wilson, Michael, Jenny and Monterey. Wilson is driven temporarily insane and is taken to Arkham Asylum.

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:52 pm
by Voodoo

Turn 12 Upkeep
ooc,no change, Monty earns [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2461076/]$2[/url]

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:34 pm
by Tabs
Turn 12 Upkeep
ooc,No changes. Wilson will stay at the Asylum and restore his Sanity.

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:52 pm
by Tabs
Turn 11 Upkeep
ooc,Speed ->3 Sneak <-2; Fight ->3 Will <-0. Move to The Unnamable, read True Magick on the way, Evade the Tcho-Tcho, Combat the Maniac - the old fella can take the dribbling imbecile; then, enter the gate in the encounter phase.

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:51 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 12 Upkeep
ooc,Jenny sighs and puts her arms around Eric’s broad shoulders as the gate to the city of Carcosa closes. With the information she had gathered on the cursed place, Jenny was able to seal the gate forever. [color=#FF00FF]We did it! [/color] She then snaps at Ammi. [color=#FF00FF]No thanks to you yah damn dirty gardener. I saw you watchin’ us fore we got sucked into that heavenly inferno. I can’t blame yah though! Who wouldn’t want a little peek at me and Erik doing the horizontal shuffle. [/color] She pats poor Ammi on the head and thinks devilishly to herself. [i]Maybe I’ll give yah one last show fore I cut yah…[/i] Jenny receives $1 Jenny makes no changes...
ooc- Hey Tabs! Are we out of order here? Either way, here's my Upkeep.

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:05 am
by kabukiman
Turn 12 Upkeep
OOC,No changes

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:04 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 12 Upkeep
South Church
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] increases his Fight from 3 to 4 and decreases his Will from 4 to 3. He uses his Whiskey in the Mythos phase to reduce Sanity loss to 0 from the Colour out of Space. There is no need to roll for the Blessing this turn, as it was just obtained.
Michael suddenly feels uneasy as he leaves the confessional, as if something is trying to sap his will. He quickly takes out his whiskey and downs the liquid courage in one gulp. Feeling much better, he prepares to leave. The sensation seems to be coming from the southwest, in the wooded area outside of Arkham. Whatever he has to face must be there.

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:16 pm
by Voodoo

Turn 12 Movement

Monty taps motorcycle
Monty Brooks Bridge--> Cold Spring Glen

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:28 pm
by Tabs
Turn 12 Movement
Arkham Asylum

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:33 pm
by Tabs
Turn 12 Movement
Newspaper -> The Unnamable
Image Image
ooc,True Magick: [b]Lore (-1) check[/b] to gain 1 Clue token,Lore 5 -1 =4d6: 5 5 6 2; [b]success[/b]. Evade the Tcho-Tcho (-2 awareness), Spell: Mists of Releh, Lore 5 -2 =3d6: 2 5 6; [b]success[/b]. Combat the Maniac, Fight 3 +1 =4d6: 1 3 6 3; [b]success[/b].

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:11 pm
by Tabs
Turn 12 Movement
R'yleh (2nd area) -> Wizard's Hill

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:25 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] spends 3 movement points to move from the South Church to the Woods. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2465076/]Sneak(+1) roll trying to Evade Colour out of Space (4d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] That should have been hits(4), as I forgot about the Blessing, but it doesn't matter. I succeeded anyway, and I didn't roll any 4s.
Turn 12 Movement
South Church->Woods
Michael cautiously makes his way to the woods outside of Arkham. He knows this is the Sheldon Gang's stomping grounds, and as an O'Bannion foot soldier he would be unwelcome here to say the least. However, he soon realizes that he has far worse things than rival gangsters to worry about. The trees gradually become more and more decayed and parched as he goes deeper into the forest, and soon the land is completely barren. At the heart of it all, in a deserted clearing, is another shimmering vortex like the one he passed through in the Black Cave. Surrounding the area is an unhealthy glow of a color he can't even begin to describe. Somehow, he can sense that it is alive. He creeps closer to the portal...

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:00 am
by DSIGFUSS
Turn 12 Movement
ooc,Jenny moves to cross the Blasted Heath but is quickly reminded that hers was not the gate festering in the city of Arkam. The streets afoul with other dimensional monstrosities. She turns and walks sedctively back into the Devil's Hopyard. [color=#BF00FF]Looks like we're hunkerin' down for the night boys.[/color] .

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:37 pm
by Voodoo

Turn 12 Encounter
luck roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2467883/]5[/url]
Monty slowly makes his way through the overgrown plants and foliage the make up the Glen. As he pushes through some shrubs that resemble a bush, His toes catch on something in the ground and he goes crashing down. After spending a few minutes untangling himself from the mess he cause from falling, Monty begins to dig around in the object that tripped him. Once he has it fully unearthed he notices that it is a statue with outstretched arms. The arms seem to be the perfect shape to hold the book Monty bought from the Shoppe earlier. Monty ponders placing the book in the arms before shaking his head and saying, "I paid good money for this and I'll be damned if I leave it to some grubby little statue in the middle of the god forsaken woods."

Rising to his feet with some small amount of effort and grumbling, Monty continues on his way.

After about twenty feet Monty stopped and surveyed his surroundings. As he turned around he was shocked to find the statue still right behind him, "Fine, If you want the book that bad then take the damn thing." Monty shouted as he hurled the book in the direction of the statue. With almost magical precision the book flew to the outstretched hands of the stone figure. As the book settled in place the statue vanished with a satisfied pop and was gone without a trace.

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:45 am
by Tabs
Turn 12 Arkham Encounter
Arkham Asylum
ooc,Wilson pays $2 to restore his Sanity to maximum.
Professor Warren Rices gazes out of the window at the magnificent willow tree; beneath him, in the shrubbery, a bird twitters. His mind wonders to his wife, Mabel, and the telephone call he made to her earlier today in the reception area of Arkham Asylum...
"Dearest, I know it's been two days, but, I promise you, honey, there is no one else."
Screeching: "Some young floozy from the University?" Slam! went the telephone receiver.
The memory stings, because, he would never cheat on Mabel - in fact, he doesn't want to, not nowadays. He'll have to make up a credible excuse to explain his absence, who would believe the truth?
Cheating on Mabel, the idea! As so often happens with thoughts they do not follow a chronological sequence, his memory flits to a horrible episode: his birthday last year... In bed with Mabel; a rustle of cotton, heavy breasts resting on his shoulder, her wolfish grin, "It's your birthday, Warry"; oh God!
Professor Rice is grimacing when he notices a movement: Earl Sawyer, sitting beside Wilson Richards bed, has shifted on his chair.
"He's waking," says Earl.
Wilson Richards mutters, "Did they have to do it?"
"Who? who did 'it.'"
After a few minutes: "Doctors. They said it would help - to regain my sanity."
"And these Doctors, what did they do?"
"I was naked, in a tiled chamber, like the inside of a chimney. A 'cold douche' they called it, a jet of water up my..."
Earl spits, "Merciful heaven! He's fallen asleep."

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:51 am
by Tabs
Turn 12 Arkham Encounter
The Unnamable

Harvey is drawn through the gate to The Abyss.

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:08 pm
by Tabs
Turn 12 Arkham Encounter
Wizard's Hill
ooc,Leo doesn't have an encounter. kabukiman, if you wish to add a story, send me a PM and I'll paste it below.

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:56 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 12 Arkham Encounter
Woods->Yuggoth (1st area)
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] is drawn through the Gate to the first area of Yuggoth.
Michael carefully approaches the swirling portal, and again he feels the tug that becomes a pull, and the pull becomes an irresistable force that drags him into the rip in the fabric of time and space, taking him to another world...

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:50 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 12 Movement
ooc,Jenny lounges playfully with her sweety Eric under an old twisted oak tree amidst a grove of malcontent alders. Ammi skulks in the back ground like some derranged kiddy pool lifeguard. [color=#FF00FF]What should we do until those nasties leave the Heath sweety? [/color] Eric remains stoically silent as per usual as Ammi grunts insanely off in the distance reading some scribblings on the bark of a particularly angry alder. Jenny shakes her head gritting her teeth and stands up! [color=#FF00FF]What now gardner? I told you! You'll get your turn when Pig's shit silver! You got me old man? [/color] She then rounds on Eric. [color=#FF00FF]You, on the other hand! Come here handsome! Meow! [/color] Jenny flops down on the grass at Eric's feet with naughty thoughts on her mind. Her ass sinks 6 inches into the soil as some loose dirt falls away beneath her. [color=#FF00FF]What the? [/color] Jenny begins to dig and by her lucky stars, finds some old smelly papers - seemingly untouched by time. [color=#FF00FF]What the devil is this? Ammi get over here and help me with this you old cooter. [/color] http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2470345/ : Luck Check Passed ooc- Jenny gets a spell .

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:30 pm
by Tabs
Turn 12 Other World Encounter
The Abyss
ooc,A monster appears! [img]http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/makken123/Ghoul.jpg[/img] Mists of Releh exhausted. Horror check, automatically fail (no Sanity loss due to special ability). Combat check, Fight 3 -1 =2d6: 1 4; lose 1 Stamina. 2d6: 5 6; [b]success[/b].

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:28 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 12 Other World Encounter
Yuggoth (1st area)
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2471053/]Will(-2) check (1 die) to avoid losing an item due to the strange ray making me dizzy (1d6.hits(4)=0)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] loses the Dynamite.
Michael finds himself in a barren alien environment. The ground is frozen and cracked as far as he can see, and it is dark. Looking up, he can see the stars in the sky. They seem mostly familiar, but the constellations are a little off and the moon is only a tiny circle in the sky. "Where the hell am I?" he wonders aloud.

Suddenly, there is a flapping sound in the distance, and then he is bathed in a bizarre ray of light. He takes out his stick of dynamite to hurl it at whatever is attacking him, but a sudden wave of dizziness causes him to fumble and drop it before he can light it. The dynamite rolls into a fissure in the ice and is gone.

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:59 am
by Tabs
Turn 13 Upkeep
ooc,No changes

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:05 am
by Tabs
Turn 13 Upkeep
ooc,Speed <2 Sneak >3; Lore >6 Luck <1. Mists of Releh refreshed.

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:53 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 13 Upkeep

Leo suddenly found himself at the top of the hill in Dunwitch. No water, no island... Had it all been a dream? Hard to say... But several bullets were missing, and his axe was full of a strange substance. Leo decide not to think anymore in the subject.
OOC,No changes.

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:21 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 13 Upkeep
Yuggoth (1st area)
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] increases his Fight from 4 to 5 and decreases his Will from 3 to 2. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2472308/]Do I lose the Blessing (on a 1)? (1d6=6)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] keeps his Blessing.
Michael curses his bad luck in losing the dynamite. Gripping the Tommy gun in both hands, he proceeds to explore this alien landscape.

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:35 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 13 Upkeep
ooc,Jenny makes no changes and demands a dollar from Ammi for the peep show. [color=#FF00FF]Well... If your're gonna watch old man! You're gonna pay![/color]

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:10 pm
by Voodoo

Turn 13 Upkeep
ooc,No change

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:16 pm
by Tabs
Turn 13 Movement
Arkham Asylum -> Hibb's Roadhouse

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:19 pm
by Tabs
Turn 13 Movement
The Abyss (1st area) -> (2nd area)

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:41 pm
by kabukiman
Leo Movement 13
OOC,Leo goes to the WHATELEY FARM
From the hill, Leo could see a farm that was near, so he decide to go there, to see if they could let him sleep. If they tried to murder him, they wouldn't be the first to find their demise with Leo.

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:38 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 13 Movement
Yuggoth (1st area)->Yuggoth (2nd area)

Michael begins to explore the strange world on which he finds himself, his Thompson at the ready.

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:25 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 13 Movement
ooc,Stranded at the Devil's Hopyard with her beau Eric and the damned dirty gardener, Jenny stays put.... But she moves more than she has in some time. Just along a different axis. [color=#BF00FF]pant... pant... pant.... [/color] .

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:59 pm
by Voodoo
Turn 13 Movement

Monty moves from Cold Spring --> Whateley Farm

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:04 pm
by Tabs
Turn 13 Arkham Encounter
Hibb's Roadhouse

ooc: A stranger buys you a drink. You may search the Common Item deck for a Whisky card and take it.

"Cheers!"

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:22 am
by kabukiman
Turn 13 Encounter

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2480521/

Near the farm, Leo saw a bucked; after all the fight, he was thirsty. To his horror, it was full of blood and entrails. No matter if it was just the remains from an animal that had been butched by a farmer, or some macabre evidence of a gasthly muder; to Leo the shock was too much.

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:12 am
by DSIGFUSS

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:33 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 13 Arkham Encounter

Jenny stops suddenly as a plume of sick smelling acrid smoke rolls past her. She gags and pulls herself off of Eric, preparing herself to puke. She looks around and sighs rolling her eyes in disgust and sudden interest as something caught her attention from behind. Ammi held an oversized hookma between his legs and hooted furiously from the long tube-like extension that coiled and writhed around the base of the pipe like a malevolent serpeant. Jenny swore Ammi was smoking to the rhythm of Jenny's heavy brething. She scowled and drew her dagger.

Is that Opium you dirty little man? Perhaps there is something in turn you'd like to trade for a small turn of my own on that pipe?

Jenny held the dagger behind her back and sauntered slowly over to Ammi.

ooc - Jenny passes her Fight -1 check

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2481485/

.[/spoiler-button]

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:51 pm
by Voodoo
Turn 13 Encounter
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2482384/]Lore Roll= Fail[/url]
As Monty approaches the farm he hears what almost sounds like a large snake moving around in the shadows. Out of nowhere he is struck by some unseen force which sends him hurtling backwards. The force struck him hard enough to send him flying clear away from the farm.

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:14 pm
by Tabs
Turn 13 Other World Encounter
The Abyss (2nd area)

ooc: Pass a Speed (-1) check to avoid a monstrous mass. If you fail, you are lost in time and space.
Speed (-1) check, 2 -1 =1d6 (1d6=4)
Clue token (1d6=3)
Clue token (1d6=6)

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:53 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 13 Other World Encounter
Yuggoth (2nd area)
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2483026/]Evade check (Sneak 3 - 1 [Goat Spawn] = 2 dice) to evade the Goat Spawn (2d6.hits(4)=0)[/url]. [b]Michael[/b] exhausts Stealth to reroll. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2483027/]Evade check (Sneak 3 - 1 [Goat Spawn] = 2 dice) to evade Goat Spawn, rerolled due to Stealth (2d6.hits(4)=1)[/url].
As Michael walks, he catches a glimpse of a hideous monstrosity that looks nearly human, but is somehow...different. Though he is sure he could easily kill it, he does not want to get sidetracked from his mission. He hides among some purple dunes, and while the creature almost sees him, he manages to elude it.

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:56 am
by Tabs
Turn 13 Mythos
Image Image
Doom token added to the doom track (9 in total). Monster movement: Rat Thing -> French Hill, Dimensional Shambler -> Rivertown, Colour Out of Space -> 4-6 investigators in Arkham lose 1 Sanity (1d6=4) [Wilson, Monty, Leo and Jenny lose 1 Sanity], Dhole -> Village Commons. Clue token appears at the Black Cave.
$6 added to the Mad Bomber rumor.

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:36 pm
by Tabs
Turn 14 Upkeep
ooc,No changes

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:48 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 14 Upkeep
OOC,No changes
"It was just animal guts, just animal guts"- says Leo to himself, still trying to recover.

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:39 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 14 Upkeep
Yuggoth (2nd area)
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] increases his Fight from 5 to 6 and decreases his Will from 2 to 1. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2486291/]Do I keep the Blessing? (1d6.hits(2)=1)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] keeps his Blessing.
Michael grits his teeth as he looks for a way home.

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:42 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Jenny makes no changes. Gains $1.

Turn 14 Upkeep
ooc,Jenny makes no changes. Gains $1.

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:04 am
by Voodoo
Turn 14 Upkeep

Monty makes no change.

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:32 am
by Tabs
Turn 14 Upkeep
ooc,No changes
Turn 14 Movement
The Abyss (2nd area) -> Witch House (gate: The Dreamlands)

Once again Harvey holds the Gate Box with both hands, pinky fingers cocked, and says, "There's no place like home." Also, this time he clicks his heels together.

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:21 am
by Tabs
Turn 14 Movement
Whateley Farm -> Backwoods Country
ooc,kabukiman, I've moved Leo to a street area (no encounter). Barring unlucky die rolls, the game should be finished after Harvey's and Michael's encounter.

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:56 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 14 Movement
Yuggoth (2nd area)->Woods

Michael soon finds the gateway leading back home and rushes through it, determined to put an end to this madness once and for all.

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:30 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 14 MOVEMENT
ooc,Jenny moves closer to Ammi coninuing to smile seductively at the old man.

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:16 am
by Voodoo
Turn 14 Movement

Monty Whatley Farm---> Cold Spring Glen

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:01 am
by Tabs
Turn 14 Movement
Hibb's Roadhouse

"I feel like celebrating. Bartender, another round of whisky!"

Turn 14 Arkham Encounter
The Witch House
ooc,Close and seal the gate to The Dreamlands (+1), Lore 6 +1 =7d6: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2494438/]Close gate (1d6=4, 1d6=4, 1d6=4, 1d6=6, 1d6=4, 1d6=2, 1d6=2)[/url]; [b]success[/b]. 5 Clue tokens spent to seal The Witch House. Gug is banished back to the monster cup.
His vision clears; it is as if Harvey had been wearing tinted spectacles which he'd forgot about, and the spectacles are lifted from his eyes.

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:57 pm
by kabukiman
Turn 14 encounter
Backwoods Country
Leo was trying to find his way to the station. But he couldn't see anyone; after all it was late at night, and he lost himself in the woods. But nothing happened. No monster, no dead creature, not even a wolf...

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:25 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 14 Arkham Encounter
Woods
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2495710/]Fight check (6 - 2 [Yuggoth] = 4 dice) to seal the Gate to Yuggoth in the Woods (4d6.hits(4)=3)[/url] [b]Michael[/b] successfully closes the Gate to Yuggoth and spends 5 Clue tokens to seal it. This makes 6 sealed Gates, so we win! I don't have time to work out our final score right now, but it's pretty good!
MIchael once again finds himself in the blasted woods south of Arkham. As he did before, he repeats the chant in reverse, firing the entire drum from his Thompson at the strange portal as he does so. It shrinks and contracts to a point, which then winks out of existence. The forest is returned to its natural pristine state, and all seems right with the world at last.

Michael blows smoke from the barrel of his Tommy gun while the empty drum gradually winds down. "Mr. O'Bannion sends his regards," he says to the gate as it closes. "That will teach 'em not to mess with our gang!"