Dunwich Horror IC

Azathoth, the nuclear chaos at the heart of the universe, is stirring. If it awakens, it will mean the end of all things. And in Dunwich, the degenerate Whateley clan plans to unleash a horrible monstrosity. Can Wilson Richards, Michael McGlen, Jenny Barnes, Monterey Jack, Leo Anderson, and Harvey Walters save the day, or will they be too late?

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Re: Dunwich Horror IC

Post by Tabs »

Turn 9 Upkeep
OOC,Speed -> 3 and Sneak -> 3
daedalum
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by daedalum »

Turn 9 Upkeep
OOC,no change
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

Turn 9 Movement

Leo paid the trip. The voyage in the train was swift. The landscape started to change subtly: modern and well kept houses, were substituted by ruined farms. The Dunwitch station was actually abbandoned place near the countryside. It just had a signal: "Village Commons"
-Nice place. I will have to walk a bit.
After less than a minute he saw an incredible creature: it had the forms of a women, but at the same time, it seem alien, like a temptress made in some hell. Leo tried to avoid her.
OOC,Sneak (1)+dark cloak (1)=2d6. Need one success. 3,3. Failed http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2400397/
She spott him immediatly.
She jumped to him and he could see that she wasn't indeed human, but from what hell she came, he couldn't tell; anywhay, he wasn't affected, since he was busy saving his own life.
OOC,Horror check: Will (2). Need one success. 6,1 Passed http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2400406/
Leo resign himself to fight
OOC,Combat: Fight (3)+.38 revolver(3)+Axe(2)-Heat(1)-Combat rating(2)=5d6. Toughness 2 (need 2 success): 6,3,4,3,6. Success. One monster trophy http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2400439/
He hit her with one shot in her heart (If indeed she had a heart) and another in the head, and she falled in the ground, soundless; her body vanished, except her hair.
-Maybe she was half human, and this is all that left, and the rest returned to hell.

Edit: Leo lost one stamina from failing the evade but his leadership prevents that.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Michael[/b] spends 2 movement points to move to the Merchant District streets.
Turn 9 Movement
Newspaper->Merchant District
Michael heads immediately over to the Merchant District to see what the fuss is all about.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by Voodoo »

Turn 9 Movement

Nothing
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 9 Movement
(1st area) Yuggoth

Dreary clouds touch the mountain peaks, covering the valley, the light fades to a purple haze. "Lost in the dark."
daedalum
Layman
Layman

Post by daedalum »

Turn 9 Movement

Having cleared his head on the banks of the river, Harvey sat down with the mornings paper in the nearby tearoom. The front page had caught his eye "Extortion bomb threats leave Merchant District quaking". Tea and scones were soon forgotten as the now alert professor spread the broadsheet and his map in front of him, circling the locations of the threats in the article.
OOC,Exhaust Map of Arkham for +1 movement
Tracing the pattern of the locations, his suspicions grew. He had seen a similar pattern in diagrams rendered in graveyard soil itself upon the leaves of the ghastly Cultes Des Goules depicting the telling arrangement of burrows and entrance ways to that dread underworld. Was the Mad Bomber some misguided crusader who planned to seal those ancient bolt holes hidden in the basements of the innocent townsfolk?. Of course such reckless vigilantism was disturbing but what gripped the old man now was a deeper dread. That this town was truly riddled with catacombs not built by human limbs. Finally the cryptic texts and baffling incantations he had memorised from that book made terrible sense.
OOC,Exhaust Cultes Des Goules, spend 2 movement [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2404405/[/url] Success! Harv gains a spell and 1 Clue token losses 1 san, Cultes Des Goules discarded
OOC,Harvey moves from Merchant Dis. to River Docks
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 9 Arkham Encounter
Merchant District
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] spends $8 to remove $8 from the Mad Bomber, leaving $16. He now has $0 remaining.
Michael finds a group of merchants and talks to them about what's going on. They are taking up a collection in the hopes of paying off the bomber to keep him from blowing up buildings in Arkham.

"We can't have that," says Michael. "It's bad for business." Besides, some of the threatened buildings are O'Bannion's fronts, he thinks as he forks over all of his hard-earned cash.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Turn 9 Encounter

Monty can be seen searching the shelves of the Shoppe. Every now and then he stops and picks up an item and examines it before returning it to its place with a muttered, "Nope not what I am looking for. I know I saw it around here somewhere." The owner came along about an hour ago to try and assist him but even then they couldn't find what he was looking for and the little man was sent running back to his counter.

After another twenty minutes or so Monty walked to the counter carrying a leather bound tome which he set down saying, "This isn't what I need but I may have some use for it. If you would be so kind as to wrap it for me while I continue my search again."
Purchase,-$5
Last edited by Voodoo on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
daedalum
Layman
Layman

Post by daedalum »

Turn 9 Encounter

As night falls Harvey's lantern picks out a figure. He babbles for the loss of his wife and daughter but Harvey can make no sense of the man.
"Look fellow, you need to lay off the booze. You're not making any sense, goodbye"
OOC,River docks Abner Weems luck (-1) Check. HW luck=1 1 (Lantern) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2407489/ Ba-bowww fail
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Turn 9 Encounter
OOC,No changes
-Where is the village? Oh, it's there. Pity there isn't anyone to give me some information. I mean, normal people.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 9 Encounter
ooc,Jenny avoids taking 1 sanity with Ammi's help. Jenny removes the skill concealment and gains the skill Luck.
Jenny gets up off her ass and looks around in complete bewilderment. She had never before experienced the horror of inter dimensional travel. She had glorious plans of entering the gates in Arkham but she had no idea a gate would appear so close to her. She obviously wasn’t as prepared as she thought she was and her mind still reeled from being sucked through an inter-dimensional portal to the Lost world of Carcosa.

Jenny shivered uncontrollably as she led her trio through the twisted tangled streets of Carcosa. The plinky twangy sounds of terrifying stringed monstrosities that perhaps only devils called music permeated every corner of the city. Jenny covered her ears and called out to her lover.

Run Eric Run!

They ran and ran as the sounds of warped pipes too high for mortal ears and drums too deafening for Jenny’s already weakened mind pounded all around them. Jenny was about to kill the old gardener Ammi amidst a fit of hysterical sadomasochistic interpretive dance, when the music suddenly stopped.

Whatever lessons in life Jenny had learned, she now forgotten. She just felt lucky to be alive.

C’mon boys lets keep moving.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 9 Encounter
(1st area) Yuggoth
OOC,[b]Will (-2) check[/b] or be delayed. Will 3 -2 =1d6: 2; [b]fail[/b].
Finally, a path descends. The valley flattens into a limitless plain. Just as Wilson's spirit rises he stops at the edge of a cliff; the path has fallen away, leaving a terrifying gap of several feet. Without a pause in his stride, Earl Sawyer leaps across, like a two legged cat:
"Wooo-ee!"
"I can't do it, the void will pull me down." Wilson spits.
"The jump is easy, like crossing a brook, what are you waiting for?"
"Listen, you f_ck_n' farmer, I'm scared of heights."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 9 Mythos
Image Image
Doom token added to the doom track (7th). Monster movement: Gug -> Blasted Heath. $6 added to Mad Bomber =$22 ($48 allowed).
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 10 Upkeep
Merchant District
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] increases his Sneak from 1 to 2 and decreases his Speed from 5 to 4. I'm planning to go to the Silver Twilight Lodge to pick up a 5th Clue and have an Inner Sanctum encounter.
Michael ponders where to go next to continue his investigation. He decides to return to the Silver Twilight Lodge to see if he can learn any secrets of the mumbo jumbo that they so jealously guard.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 10 Upkeep
ooc,Jenny makes no changes. Jenny gets 1$.
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Turn 10 Upkeep
ooc,Monty gains $2, no change, retainer roll [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2412902/]6[/url]
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 10 Upkeep
OOC,No changes
"I'll jist jump back over then, Willy," says a disgruntled Earl Sawyer, "and there wern't a need to cuss at me; anyways, what's wrong with farmers?"
Wilson Richards is humiliated by his failure to leap accross the void, he is in a foul mood: "Farmers are pig-thick uneducated idiots, who spend their day walking in cow shit."
"Hark at you! Mr Hobo, I s'pose you've bin college learned."
Professor Rice interrupts, "It's a riveting conversation you two are having, I can't deny it. How are we going to get down from these mountains and back to Arkham?"
daedalum
Layman
Layman

Post by daedalum »

Turn 10 upkeep
OOC,no change
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper