Never Cry Wolf (Alrik, Berger, Weoulf, Sigfurd)

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Never Cry Wolf (Alrik, Berger, Weoulf, Sigfurd)

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- Weoulf's character sheet is in the character concepts : Vikings thread on the main Helleland page. His luck is 55. a fail!

The Frost Giant Jarrl's long crunching gate comes to a hault and all of the Vikings freeze in place, trying desperately not to move in fear of being caught and roasted on the hot coals of the Jottun's fiery stove.

Alrik watches in bewilderment as two giant sentries approach Jarrl from the north. They both wear the gold trim capes of their post and carry long halberds as tall as a ships main mast. There is an awkward moment and Alrik is certain he is discovered as one of the guards holds his gaze upon him, squinting through the light snow falling between them. The giant quickly gives up, shaking his head and turns back to the conversation as the other slaps Jarrl on the back warmly. He looks down at the red eyed white furred cariboo Jarrl held by a rope he'd tied to Gregorigg's neck. The massive ungulate seemed like a pup on a leash in comparison to the 16 foot tall blue skinnd Jotun. (Jarrl had put Gregorigg on a rope before he passed the Fire Giant borders. He had been sent to capture the traitorous shapeshifter and the Vikings hoped he appeared sucessful.)

Good Hunting Jarrl? You caught the wretch afterall. There were many wagers against you.

As the second giant's hand comes slapping down on Jarrl's back in congratualtions, Weolf sword flinches, slicing a small scratch in Jarrl's belly. The Frost Giant grunts before answering.

Unngghhh... And where did your wager lie Hoggun?

Alrik can now see the closest giant who had nearly seen him beneath his white godly cloak. He is now staring questioningly at Jarr's chest where Weoulf hides strapped to the giants's belly for insurance that he will cooperate.

ooc - Weoulf roll Hide. Alrik you can do something if you like.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Piano man »

Alrik silently curses to himself. He should have known that Jarl would not be respected by his people. He was too weak. Not wanting to act too soon. No that would make a potentially bad situation into a slaughter. Alrik keeps his head down and uses the guards distraction to move farther in while never letting them out of his sight.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- I’m just going to move on. Sorry for the extreme delay in moving this thread guys. I’ll pm all those involved but I’d like to get moving on the adventure as these characters are plot pivotal.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Frost Giant Jarrl quickly recovers from the taste of Weoulf’s blade. Berger belches in the sac and from Alrik’s vantage, both giant guards notice.

Jarrl then slams his hand onto one of the guard’s shoulders, knocking his attention back to the conversation at hand.

So who did you bet on?

The giant Hogunn glares at Jarrl, obviously offended by the slap.

I bet against you Jarrl… What do you think? It seems I’ll be out a few chest of gold... If I didn’t want to see old Gregorigg roast on the spit tonight I’d slay the lot of you and hide your entrails in the snow…

Jarrl laughs.

HARRR! That will teach you to bet against me brother.

Jarrl quickly moves past the sentry guard and Gregorigg whimpers at the mention of his roasting... Soon the party passes through a narrow valley between two snow covered mountains.

Behold Norsemen! Y’MER’S KEEP!!

ooc - please talk amongst yourselves...
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Talking between us? Isn't better to wait that we are very far of any other giant?

Return to “Chapter 5: The Good The Bad and the Eskimo”