Page 1 of 1

The Great Viking Hunt (Ogtuk-luk, Kirima and Qannaq)

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:55 am
by DSIGFUSS
Kirima, Oddlog, Qannaq and Torngusac all gathered inside Qannaq's hut as they prepared for their scouting mission.

The Elders had agreed that if the Vikings were getting too close, the Dorset tribe would be forced to abandon their village
and retreat into the mountains.

Qannaq would serve as their guide. His venerable hunting and tracking skills were unparalleled in the tribe.

Torngusac, though only a boy, would serve to translate the Viking beserker's words should they proove usefull.

Kirima would serve as the eyes and ears of the Elders. Though Qannaq was wise beyond his years, the Elders knew that Kirima would serve their purposes more effectively on the plains of Baffin Island.

As everyone was preparing to disembark a small white arctic fox walked into the hut. Qannaq and the Thule Boy seemed completely unalarmed at the foxes brazeness. Oddlog, however, licks his lips hunfgrily until the fox lifts its head.

It's eyes glow red in the light of Qannaq's fire.

Oddlog draws his sword and stands in front of Kirima shouting.

djöfull!!! djöfull!!! djöfull!!!!!

Torngusac smiles at the fox and translates...

Devil!

Re: The Great Viking Hunt (Ogtuk-luk, Kirima)

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:12 am
by ryansommer
"Hold, friend" says Ogtuk Luk. "This is Kadzit, he is not an enemie of ours. Perhaps he can help"

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:42 am
by Kirima
"Kadzit? What is that."

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:43 pm
by ryansommer
"That is the name of this Ijiraat" Ogtuk-luk says. "Kadzit, do you bring news that may help us in this hunt?"

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:44 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - hey ryansommer. Check your pms. I wanted to play out a conversation with you that happened before you step into the hut. Keep going with the the whole Kadzit thing though..

Oddlog cries out something in Norse pointing at the Ijiraat fox named Kadzit and Torngusac translates.

These red eyed devils are shape shifters... They sunk my boat and killed my friends... We barely made it to shore as they tore us to ribbons beneath the sea.

Kadzit grins and responds in an elderly woman's voice

I've no doubt of that Viking... Your people have come to this island with blood soaked hands, seeking more blood to quench your thirsts. If your friends were anything like the brutes who murdered the Thule (Inuit tribe on the shore/ allies to the Dorset) and my Shaman, then they deserved their fate.

Oddlog seemed to have understood Kadzit's words as he spat at the fox's feet which was odd as both Karima and Oddlog heard the Fox speaking fluent Dorset.

ooc- to know why roll an Inuit Mythos check.

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:10 am
by ryansommer
"What has happened is in the past. The Ijiraat were attempting to protect their people; our peopel. Kadzit is not attacking now, so please, stand down."
Ogtuk-luk knees: "Tell me, Kadzit, what brings news have you?"

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:38 am
by Kirima
[OOC, what is my Inuit Mythos % and where can I find my character sheet? :P ]

"Oh wonderful!" Kirima claps her hands in delight, "a talking fox."

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:05 am
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - oops, I forgot to make your character.. you can switch some points around if you want to, but I put Karima in the Eskimo character thread.

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:01 pm
by Kirima
[OOC, Inuit Mythos 30% (1d100=40) Can that roll be a vague notion?!]

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:48 pm
by DSIGFUSS
OOC- Oh for sure. You just don't know the spooky spirit worldy stuff. There is a paragraph in the Eskimo Homework on Ijiraat that anyone can read.

http://callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.p ... fd208ea696.

if you want to.... Both karima and Ryansommer can take the Quiz. If you score 80% or higher on it, you get a bonus 10% to add to your skills. Just submit your answers to me by private message. :geek:

The fox is an Ijiraat... A shape shifting species that lives on the island. The Ijiraat and the Dorset people have lived in peace for centuries. The Ijiraat can take the form of any arctic animal that it chooses. The only way to tell an Ijiraat from a native animal is by the red in its eyes.

Karima and Ogtuk-luk have been present for a good number of conversations amongst her people since the trouble started so she has heard some things about the Ijiraat.

The Dorset people have been attacked twice by Ijiraat bearing the mark of Loki, Norse bad guy god. (according to Thorrin) The Dorset people do not know if all of the Ijiraat have turned against them or why.

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:59 pm
by ryansommer
"Kadzit does not bear the mark of Loki like the Ijiraat who are responsible for the attacks." Ogtuk-luk turns to Kadzit; "Please, friend, show them your belly so they can see that you do not bear the mark of Loki."

Ogtuk-luk waits for Kadzit to roll over before continuing: "I do not know why, but Loki seems to be taining the Ijiraat on the island. Those that bear her mark have been corrupted and cannot be trusted. Kadzit, does not bear the mark and should be considared an ally."

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:14 pm
by Kirima
ryansommer/OOC,How do you know this stuff? Do I not know because I haven't done any homework? ;)
'So, what is the message which Kadzit brings for us?'

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:36 pm
by ryansommer
OOC: I know it from the previous chapter. Kadzit was one of the characters I interacted with back then.

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:26 am
by DSIGFUSS
OOC- Yeah! and you haven't done your homework. lol

Kadzit grins..

Message? I have no message to bring you yet children of the frozen rain?

The fox purs in Oddlog's direction and winks suspiciously.

I will follow the Thule boy wherever he goes. He is the last of his people and I owe it to the Shaman of his tribe to protect him. I will accompany you... unless you wish not to be so hmmm?

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:06 pm
by Kirima
"No, I insist that you do come with us, ...Kadzit. I am sure a magic fox is a gift from the gods. Um, can you change shape to another animal?"

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:24 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Of course young Malina... I can change into any animal native to this island. Though, I have not done so in a long long time. The shifting is for the young and I am old and set in my ways. Most of the Ijiraat settle by the time they reach 200 or so… I have been a fox for nearly 300 years, but if you require it of me, I can change.

Kadzit moves close to the boy.

If we find the witch Gelga who killed my Shaman friend! I will change! I promise you!

Oddlog grins when he hears the name Gelga. He makes an hourglass gesture with his hands and then moves close to Kirima, breathing heavy.

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:57 am
by Kirima
Oddlog smells of sweat and fish. Kirima casually makes a side-step away from the hairy man.
"Let us also hunt this G...," she remembers the Viking's reaction to the name, "this Witch."

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:50 pm
by ryansommer
"Agreed, young Kirima." Ogtuk-luk said. "We should make sure we are well supplied, before we leave."

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:35 am
by Kirima
"Ogtuk-luk, I shall see to the provisions right away; I'll gather enough food for two weeks, or longer?"

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:22 pm
by ryansommer
"Two weeks should be fine. If we are out longer, we can hunt for anything else we need." Ogtuk-luk says.

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:15 am
by DSIGFUSS
The group heads out on foot. It will be too difficult to remain hidden with a host of sled dogs. Eder Makkituk gathers white cariboo skins for everyone to wear and offers a blessing to each hunter in turn as he presents the gifts. The skins are warm and will help hide them in the snow. (+15%) Hide.

With Qannaq in the front, the party leaves the Dorset village in the distance heading south towards the Thule village the Vikings had burned to the ground. Behind Qannaq walked Mannitok and the Thule boy Torngusac, his Ijiraat fox walking close by his side. Oddlog and Kirima took up the rear shadowed by the Shaman's protector Ogtuk-luk.

ooc- If you would like to change your marching order, now is the time. Also if you would like to talk freely and ask questions you may do so during your first hours march. If you have anything to say to Oddlog, Tongusac will translate.

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:35 pm
by ryansommer
Ogtuk-luk scans the area with vigilence. His heart remains heavy due to his precieved failure as protector. He marches on, through the snow with determination; prepared to give his life to save Kirima from any danger.

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:50 pm
by Kirima
Kirima has never ventured far from the Dorest village in all of her life: she is very excited.

Mentally she prepares the nights meal, determined to cook a delicious stew for everyone, to prove her usefulness and so cement her place within the group.

Kirima asks, "Ogtuk-luk, what will we find at the Thule village?"

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:22 am
by DSIGFUSS
Kadzit looks at Karima and sighs.

Nothing. The Vikings killed everyone. Perhaps some of my Shaman's people escaped but the Vikings burned and slaughtered what couldn't be carried. The horor they inflicted on their women was beyond cruel.

Oddlog lowers his head slightly. Strangely the Thule boy Torngusac had not translated the Ijiraat fox's words. Oddlog moves closer to Kirima and says something in Norse. Torngusac translates.

I will not let my brothers arm you! I promise!

ooc- Everyone roll an Inuit Mythos check
ooc- Ryansommer see pm

ooc- Inuit Mythos check.

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:47 pm
by Kirima
[OOC: Inuit Mythos 30% (1d100=55)]

"I don't wish to think on what the Vikings do to women," Kirima grimaces. "Oddlog, I feel safer because of your pledge - thank you."

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:23 pm
by ryansommer
Ogtuk luk steps forward, separating Kirima and Oddlog: "We must get moving" he says stoicly and me moves between the two and urges Oddlog forward.

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:23 am
by DSIGFUSS
Oddlog scowls at Ogtuk-luk but keeps trudging through the snow. He says something under his breath as he turns his back to the Shaman Protector.

þú bera af sér minn getnaðarlimur með þinn eiga skraeling.

Torngusac giggles and then quickly shys away from Ogtuk-luk's stare.

ooc - If you want to continue this, then post in the past tense as part of your next post.

Hours later, the thick darkness of the norhtern winter gives to sunlight. Malina, Inuit godess of the sun, shines down as brightly as she is able for as long as her brother Aningan will allow before he chases her out of the sky with buggery and incest heavy on his heart. The Dorset Scouting party pass over yet another high rolling bank of snow before the venerable guide Qannaq holds his hand up in the air for the others to hault. He motions Ogtuk-luk forward. When Ogtuk-luk reaches the crest of the snow bank, his stomach sinks into a pit of dispair.

They burnt it all.

The village of Thule is but a mosaic of black and red stains on the snow. No building is left standing save a few flat stone huts. Bodies of dead Thule women and children lay scattered about. The heads of the men, severed and wrapped tightl in twine, impaled on long sharpened whale bones.

Even Oddlog's eyessee m wide with horrified disbelief.

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:23 am
by DSIGFUSS
Oddlog scowls at Ogtuk-luk but keeps trudging through the snow. He says something under his breath as he turns his back to the Shaman Protector.

þú bera af sér minn getnaðarlimur með þinn eiga skraeling.

Torngusac giggles and then quickly shys away from Ogtuk-luk's stare.

ooc - If you want to continue this, then post in the past tense as part of your next post.

Hours later, the thick darkness of the norhtern winter gives to sunlight. Malina, Inuit godess of the sun, shines down as brightly as she is able for as long as her brother Aningan will allow before he chases her out of the sky with buggery and incest heavy on his heart. The Dorset Scouting party pass over yet another high rolling bank of snow before the venerable guide Qannaq holds his hand up in the air for the others to hault. He motions Ogtuk-luk forward. When Ogtuk-luk reaches the crest of the snow bank, his stomach sinks into a pit of dispair.

They burnt it all.

The village of Thule is but a mosaic of black and red stains on the snow. No building is left standing save a few flat stone huts. Bodies of dead Thule women and children lay scattered about. The heads of the men, severed and wrapped tightl in twine, impaled on long sharpened whale bones.

Even Oddlog's eyessee m wide with horrified disbelief.

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:40 pm
by ryansommer
Ogtuk-luk kneels on one knee, touches the frozen earth and says a silent prayer for the dead below: 'May the horros of their life not haunt them in death' he mouths.

Drawing his bow and arrow he motions for the others to follow him as he creeps silently towards the village. His eyes dart about, looking for any threats or clues.

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:53 am
by Kirima
To Torngusac: "What did Oddlog say? I must know if he is to be trusted!"

~

Kirima follows Ogtuk-luk, but ensures she is walking behind Oddlog; also her head is bowed so that she can not see the terrible destruction of Thule and its people.

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:02 pm
by ryansommer
"Kadzit, dart ahead of us and scout the area for danger" Ogtuk-luk says as he leads the group through the grisly destruction.

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:33 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Qannaq and Ogtuk-luk slowly approach the cinders of the once strongly populated Thule village. Kadzit does as Ogtuk-luk asks and slinks off into the snow to scout for danger. Thule bodies litter the snow.. Ogtuk-luk is happy to see that the villagers did put up a fight as he comes across the first dead Norseman he has ever seen. A thule spear sticks straight out from his neck and the body lies flat on the snow. The Norseman wears a shiny coat of chain link armor and a helmet that hides a thick mat of long black hair. His beard is soaked in blood.

Kirima stays behind with Mannitok, Oddlog and the Thule boy Torngusac. Oddlog looks extremely nervous. Mannitok watches Ogtuk-luk and Qannaq explore the western most section of the Thule village and gives the others updates so they don't have to look upon the death and carnage that the Viking people had wrought upon the Thule.

ooc- Everyone Listen checks.

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:54 pm
by ryansommer
THe horror of what has happened in the village clouds all of Ogtuk-luks senses. All he can hear as he stands, gazing at the grim vissage of the dead is the blood pumping loudly through his head as he vows revenge.

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:06 am
by Kirima
Torngusac translates Oddlog's comment:
She scowls at the Thule boy, then seems puzzled, and after that thoughtful.

~

[OOC: Listen 65% (1d100=54)]

"Mannitok, is everyone dead? Where is Ogtuk-luk and Qannaq now?" says Kirima, her voice trembling.

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:26 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Mannitok looks back to Kirima, a worried expression

I would not tell you the details sister... But yes! None of the Thule could have survived this. Ogtuk-Luk and Qannaq are searching the northern most part of village. Close to the Weasel River. I cannot see the fox!

Then Kirima hears the soft wail of a woman in the distance from the southern most end of the Thule village . She sounds like she is in tremendous and continuous pain. Mannirtok doesn't seem to notice and nor does the Thule boy who seems so frightened he can hardly stand as his little legs rattle like a child's seal skin toy. Odllog doesn't seem to notice either. his attention seems more fixed on Karima.

Ogtuk-luk, however cannot miss the sight or the sound directly in front of him. The sound of heavy labored breathing as a Viking limps out into the open. His face is covered in dry crusted blood, his long blonde beard matted with the stuff. His left arm dangles uselss at his side. His armor had been partially removed to bandage an open wound on his leg that still dripped down his thigh and filled his boot. What little strength the Viking had left, he used to lift his massive axe into the air and whisper malevolently.

Hvar ert þinn vinátta? Neitun efni. Þú vilja deyja skraeling.

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:23 am
by Kirima
Kirima runs toward the woman: "There is a survivor, she needs our help!"

The viking appears, Kirima screams and collapses to her knees, "Aieeee!"

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:38 pm
by ryansommer
"Hold!" Ogtuk-luk, says to the man as he keeps his bow ready.

"Kirima, Mannirtok! Come to me, hurry!" Ogtuk-luk yells in an effort to get the party back together.

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:15 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- Just to clarify. There are two encounters here. Ogtuk-luk and Qannaq have encountered a wounded Viking on the north side of the village and Karima has heard a woman's muffled screams coming from the south end of the village. Karima is the only one who heard the woman screaming.

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:21 pm
by ryansommer
OOC: Ogtuk-luk still needs a translator, so he will still yell to get the party together.

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:15 pm
by Kirima
Kirima shakes her head, "I'll never be taken seriously by the men if little me crumples at the first hint of danger."
Ignoring Ogtuk-luk's call - determined to be her own woman - she rises from the ground and absent mindedly wipes her breeches of grit and dirt. She continues running toward the southern end of the Thule village.

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:21 pm
by DSIGFUSS
In all the confusion, Mannitok grabs the Thule boy Tongusac by the hand and charges to Ogtuk-luk’s call, leaving Oddlog and Kirima behind. Panicked by the woman’s scream, Kirima rushes to the south end of the Thule village only to round a corner. The cries of sorrow filled pain grow louder as she approaches a half burnt down hut. The muffled screams are most definitely coming from inside the hut though Karima can’t see through the blackened walls.

Meanwhile in the northern section of the Thule village, the wounded Viking slowly approaches Ogtuk-luk, limping with his axe held high in the air. He swings with a crazed look in his eyes. Qannaq sidesteps around the Norseman to Ogtuk-luk’s flank. The old venerable hunter seems very calm despite the horror all around him.

ooc- dodge or parry the Vikings attack. (+10%) and give your actions please. If you are going to attack, then rolls.
ooc- spot hidden Ogtuk-luk

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:50 pm
by ryansommer
Ogtuk-luk quickly raises his bow and barely parries the attack as he staps backwards to give himself some distance. In one fluid motion, he raises his bow and fires an arrow at the injured Viking. The arrow sinks deeply into the already blood soaked flesh of the raging warrior. The arrow dissappears up to the fletching, damaging many of the Vikings internal organs.

Wrapped up in the heat of battle, Ogtuk-luk fails to spot anything.

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:26 pm
by Airbornexo
Qannaq grimaces at the impulsive violence of the stranger and gently pivots his heavy stone-tipped spear as though it is as light as a feather. With a practised easy he continues to circle around the crazed norseman biding his time but intent on his target and unaware of anything else.

As Ogtuk-luk's arrow strikes the stranger he darts in and delivers a jab with his spear tearing into the man's flesh.

"Steady Ogtuk-luk, the wounded beast is more dangerous," he cautions in a low growl as he steps back into the ready position.

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:58 am
by Kirima
[ooc: Listen 65% Sneak 70% 1d100=91, 1d100=69]

She approaches the hut, taking care not to make a sound.

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:59 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Kirima approaches the hut and peers through a space in the fire blackened wall where the driftwood had parted and not burned. To her shock and horror, Karima saw a large Viking in black furs and dark matted hair thrusting atop a poor Thule woman. The Thule girl had not yet given up her fight. She clawed desperately at the Viking’s face leaving trails of bloodied scratch marks down his cheek and neck. She pushed with great effort on the Vikings chest to free herself from his grip but she was not strong enough. The Viking back handed the Thule girl with a steel fingered glove sending the woman rolling in and out of consciousness while the Viking continued. Karima had never seen such a display of twisted barbarism in all her life. For a brief moment she could do nothing but stare. Then Karima heard the crunching of snow behind her. She turned and saw Oddlog walking slowly towards the hut wall she was crouching at. He had a strange lusty look in his eye. It suddenly occurred to Karima that there were no Dorset hunters around. She was alone. Oddlog was making no sudden aggressive movements towards Karima but the fact that he was Viking remained and the look in his eye told a story that Karima would not likely want to hear.

Meanwhile on the North side of the Thule village, the injured Viking stumbles as Ogtuk-luk’s arrow pierces his chest. He brings his sword crashing down onto the Shaman Protector’s bow. The bow cracks slightly under the weight of the Vikings axe but should not be too worse for wear. Another strike like that, however, and the wood will no longer serve its purpose. Then Qannaq lunges with his stone spear. The Viking armor absorbed some of the attack but the sharpened stone finds flesh and the Viking drops to the ground moaning something about Valhalla and Skraelings, a word the Dorset hunters had learned was meant to demean and disrespect the Inuit people.

ooc- Ogtuk-luk and Qannaq do not yet know Karima ran the other direction. Please post accordlingly.

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:12 pm
by ryansommer
Drawing his spear, Ogtuk-luk finishes the barbarian off. Glancing around, he sees that he and Qannaq are along. "Kirima! Where is she?" he asks, panicing.

At a frenzied pace, moves off to where he last saw Kirima.

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:55 pm
by Airbornexo
"I know not my friend." Qannaq wipes off his spear on the ground before dropping to one knee to close the eyes of the now dead barbarian, muttering something under his breath. He turns quickly, hurrying after the eager Ogtuk-luk and catching up with him after a few paces, "they cannot have gone far." Qannaq strains his ears to catch a sign of the others but hears nothing but the gentle moaning of the wind.

OOC - Listen Roll (1d100=56) fail by 26

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:34 am
by Kirima
The scene in the hut, the viking on top of the Thule girl, is curiously unsettling in a way she can not begin to explain - each thrust makes her flinch; Kirima feels like a sadistic voyeur.
Oddlog's arrival and his obvious thoughts are extremely frightening. She realises that her brethren are at the other side of the village. What to do? Kirima smiles at Oddlog and gently pats his arm, she indicates the other Inuit and wags her finger "not now," then she points inside the hut and draws her hand across her neck.

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:10 am
by DSIGFUSS
Oddlog seems to understand Kirima almost instantly. The Vikings eyes even lower from Karima's as she catches the Viking beserker and reads the naughty thoughts on the forfront of his mind. He then steps into the burnt down shell of a hut and calls out to his fellow Viking.

Leggja af stað hana og bardagi mig þú hundur! There er eini dauði fyrir þú!

The Viking stops suddenly and laughs, throwing the bruised and battered Thule woman to the side. He draws a large heavy axe and heaves it over his shoulder. Oddlog is unarmed and picks up a large whale bone that had been used in the hut's construction. He backs up and takes a defensive stance in front of Karima as the unkown Viking readies himself for combat.

Þú vildi deyja fyrir this skraeling kýr?

The Viking charges and swings his axe before Oddlog can press the attack. Oddlog parries the axe and to the side and swings up with the makeshift club, catching the Viking on the side of the head. The Viking stumbles slightly before regaining his composure. He wipes a smear of blood from his lip and chuckles madly to himself. As the combat begins, karima notices a quick change in Oddlog's mind. His eyes glaze over as the heat of battle washes over him. His eyes now filled with a terrible rage Karima recognizes from his display in the Elder's hut. Karima had calmed the savage before with just the sound of her voice but Oddlog had not yet drawn blood when she first tried to calm him. Now he was fresh in his beserker rage and he went at the Viking like a wolf gone mad with bloodlust.

rolls. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2456214/

ooc - actions Karima.

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:19 am
by DSIGFUSS
Mannitok and the Thule boy Torngusac arrive late to the scene in the Northern end of the village. Torngusac stared intently at the dead Viking and Mannitok quickly rushes to Qannaq's side.

Are you alright Qannaq! Are there any more?

Then as Ogtuk-luk races off, Mannitok realizes the mistake he had made, leaving the cheiftain's daughter unprotected. He races after Ogtuk-luk shouting back to Qannaq.

Watch the boy! We'll find Karima.

As the two hunters take off to where they had left karima. Torngusac suddebly looks to Qannaq and puts a finger to his lips. He points to an adcacent hut across the path that divides the Thule village in two.

ooc- Spot Hidden Qannaq.

Ogtuk-luk reaches the crest of snow where he had left Karima only to find two sets of tracks leading to the southern most part of the Thule village.

ooc- Ogtuk-luk track roll please. If you fail then roll a listen check.

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:19 pm
by Kirima
Kirima doesn't say anything which may distract Oddlog. She watches on with interest, ready to flee if the combat goes badly for Oddlog.
[ooc: Can Kirima easily rescue the Thule woman?]

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:25 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - Yes. You'd have to run past the combatants but as long as noone notices you, you're good. Roll a sneak to get by them for sure.

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:36 pm
by Airbornexo
OOC,Spot hidden [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2456748/]1d100=50[/url] fail by 10
The wind whips in Quannaq's face distracting him from scene...

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:37 pm
by Kirima
[ooc: Sneak 70% (1d100=83)]

She edges round the panting bulls, to reach the Thule woman, but, clumsily stumbles against a cooking pot.

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:58 pm
by ryansommer

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:03 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Torngusac walks slowly up the path, heading towards a hut that appeared to be nearly untouched by the fire. His eyes look more bemused than afraid as they dart from the hut to Qannaq and back again as he sneaks closer and cloaser to what Qannaq no recognizes as the Thule Shaman's hut.

Meanwhile... Karima races to the Thule woman's side. In her panic, however, she knocks over a colorful mud pot and the Viking turns on her. Smashing his steel gloved hand across Karima's face. (4 damage)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/607099

Karima falls to the charcoal covered floor just meters from the Thule girl, now weeping and praying to the gods for deliverance. As the Viking's fist hits Karima, she nearly loses consciousness and a flash of white light or white spirit crosses her minds eye.

Oddlog rushes to Karima's side and brings the whale bone down on the Vikings arm that dared strike Karima. He calls out in Norse but his words or so drowned with venomous spit and anger that not even his fellow Viking could understand him. Both Vikings begin grappling and clawing at each other as their battle took a even more savage turn.

Ogtuk-luk moves quickly through the south side of the Thule Village, discerning whose footprints were Karima's and following them as best he could. ( A difficult task amongst a village that had seen such carnage lately. )
Ogtuk-luk then hears fighting from a nearby hut and the sudden anguished cry Karima makes as she is struck to the floor by an unknown foe. Mannitok who had been following Ogtuk-luk looks to the Shaman Protector with wide worrisome eyes.

Karima! No!

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:21 pm
by ryansommer
With grim determination Ogtuk-luk moves forward with more purpose than ever. His knuckles white under the fierce grip he has on his spear.

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:49 am
by Airbornexo
Qannaq hurries to catch up with Torngusac and places a hand on his shoulder, "not so fast little one, there may be more of the invaders around." Peering carefully at the hut he points to the tell-tale signs of a shamen and adds, "remember that the shamen and the wolf share the same nest."

He approaches the hut cautiously and attempts to peek inside...

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:35 am
by Kirima
<SPRAWL> amongst the pots.

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:14 pm
by DSIGFUSS
South Side of the Thule Village : Burned Down Hut.

Karima is dazed from the Viking’s backhand and lies nearly still next to the Thule girl, now weeping uncontrollably. She unconsciously cradles the Thule woman in her arms and gently strokes her hair. Karima smiles…

Then Ogtuk-luk peers through the half burnt hut and immediately his eyes are drawn to Karima on the ground. Her eyes white and her pupils rolled into the back of her head. She rocked gently back and forth cradling a poor Thule woman in her arms. The Thule woman looked beaten to a pulp. Ogtuk-luk was certain he had seen the look in karima’s eyes many times before on Yurlaria as she prepared herself for a journey to the spirit world.

Then the Shaman Protector’s eyes darted suddenly to the battle raging before him. Oddlog and a fully armored Viking swung madly at each other; Oddlog with a large smoldering whale bone and the Viking with a sturdy steel axe. Oddlog ducked and swung at the Viking but his bone club finally splintered on the Vikings heavy chain armor. The Viking laughed and kicked Oddlog to the ground before turning his gaze to Ogtuk-luk and Mannitok. He scowled and shouted something about Skraelings before motioning them forward with his axe.

Koma til faðir skraelings.

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:43 pm
by DSIGFUSS
North Side of the Thule village : Shaman's Hut.

The stench of death was strong...

Qannaq cautiously enters the Hut. Norse runes cover the walls and floor, written in what Qannaq could only guess was blood. Old polar bear, wolf and cariboo skulls still hung near the base of the Shaman hut's ceiling. Some were shattered and those that were still whole, seemed to stare at Qannaq questioningly as he entered the Hutt.

The venerable Dorset Hunter then saw the Ijiraat fox Kadzit sniffing at a woman's arm. She was partially covered in burnt furs and broken pots. Torngusac looks very sad as he watches Kadzit but the Thule boy seemed errily at ease.

This is where I found him. The Fox. They were friends I think.

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:07 pm
by Kirima
South Side of the Thule Village : Burned Down Hut.

Dazed and confused - in a trance, she chants, "Maha mantra, Maha mantra, Maha mantra..."

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:23 pm
by ryansommer
Ogtuk-luk steeled his gaze and gripped his spear tightly. "Circle around him," he said to his companions. "We shall flank him and attack from all sides."

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:27 pm
by Airbornexo
"Come away boy, there is nothing that can be done for her now." Qannaq says softly, he carefully inspects the body and hut for any clues...

OOC - Spot Hidden 1d100=49 fail by 9

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:08 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Karima remains still on the floor of the hut as Oddlog and the Viking have at each other with increasing ferocity. The Viking slashes his axe across Oddlog back, leaving a long and dangerous wound. Oddlog cries out in pain but continues strong in his bezerker rage. He swings the bone club for the Vikings head but the makeshift weapon splinters harmlessly off his thick metal helm. Mannitok takes Ogtuk-luk’s cue and slinks around the edge of the hut unseen by the Viking combatants. Ogtuk-luk does the same.

ooc- Ogtuk-luk make a hide check and then post what you do regardless of roll.

ooc- Karima – see pm. All posts are in pm for karima for the time being.

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:29 pm
by ryansommer
Ogtuk-luk sneaks around the side of the urt, starying hidden within it's shadows. Staying hidden he sneaks up on the raging Viking and thrusts his spear at the Viking, missing.

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:51 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Qannaq moves closer to the Shaman. There are blood stained pelts intermixed with shattered clay and bone pots of various sizes and descriptions covering the Shaman as if to mock the stone burial practices of the Thule. The Thule would often bury their dead with the flat rocks that litter the plains of Baffin Island. This insult was not done lightly, nor was it done by someone lacking in knowledge of Inuit culture and lore.

As Qannaq came closer to the dead woman, he noticed she had strange symbols tattooed up the length of her arm. Qannaq thought this odd as the Inuit possessed no written language nor had they use for symbols, even amongst their Shamans.

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:12 am
by Airbornexo
Qannaq looked closer at the symbols attempting to make sense of them, or at least memorize them for future reference. "Boy, do these symbols mean anything to you?" He calls softly...

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:54 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Torngusac, having aged more in the last few days than any boy his age should have to, approaches the dead Shaman.

They look like mine Qannaq…

Torngusac pulls his hair away from his face revealing the rune the Viking witch Gelga had carelessly carved onto the Thule boy’s forehead. This village was his home and when the Vikings invaded they killed his family and everyone the boy had ever known.

This is where I met Kadzit! The Shaman was dead when I found her. She had none of these runes on her and was not so covered in furs and…

Torngusac carefully lifts up a clay pot to examine it and then quickly pulls back his arm, leaving the pot where he had found it.

ooc- spot hidden and post normally if you fail.

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:27 pm
by DSIGFUSS
As Ogtuk-luk springs from the shadows of the hut, his spear passes just aside the Viking's shoudler. Mannitok takes Ogtuk-luk's cue and charges to the Dorset and Thule women's defense. Mannitok's spear pierces the side of the Viking's armour and finds flesh. (4 damage) The Viking howls in pain and and crashes the spear to splinters with his metal gloved hand. The viking wipes the swet from his brow and backs into a corner grinning like a crazed moon spirit. Mannitok pulls out a long bone serated knife carved into the shape of a man and waits for Ogtuk-luk's move.

Oddlog, unsure of where his own loyalties lie takes the chance to back away and calm himself. The Viking holds his wound and kneels at Kirima's side casting frightened and determined glances towards both Ogtuk-luk and the Viking axeman.

ooc - actions please Ogtuk-luk.

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:46 pm
by ryansommer
With determination forged in anger and tempered by an eternal oath to protect Kirima with his own life, Ogtuk-luk stalked the large Viking as he backed up. He feigned down and low towards the Viking's thigh then deftly spun his speap up, 360 degrees and trust the tip up at the Viking's face. The large man fell for the trick and dodged downward just as the spear tip thrust up. The spear sank deeply into the Viking's flesh causing massive damage.

OOC: I rolled a 10 to attack, which I believe is an impale so I rolled 2d6. I am not sure what kind of spear it is, so if it is a stone one, add +2 for the damage.

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:59 am
by Kirima
She drools slightly, and moans, "Oddlog," but, is still in a deep trance.

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:16 pm
by Airbornexo
OOC - Horrible botch on my spot 1d100=100 some bloody tracker! Not made one of these rolls yet.

"Come away young one, the presence of death hangs over this place and her anirniq is long departed." Qannaq prepared to leave the hut...

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:09 am
by DSIGFUSS
ooc,- It most certainly is an impale… nice one ry! and that's an ivory spear (though carved into the shape of a man giving him +1 damage vs Humans) so same thing.
Ogtuk-luk’s thrust finds a soft spot in the Vikings armor and with an extra push, his spear slides right into the belly of the heavily armored Norseman.

The Viking, impaled on the end of Ogtuk-luk’s spear groans in pain and exhaustion. He grips the end of Ogtuk-luk’s spear and takes one final swing at the Shaman protector’s neck before falling victim to his wound.

Having no means to defend himself, the axe crashes into Ogtuk-luk’s shoulder sending a spray of blood across the Viking's bearded face. The Viking grins wide and then slumps backwards onto one knee chuckling and gurgling on his own blood as it pools up inside his mouth.

Ogtuk-luk takes 9 damage.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/620856

Mannitok stares in horror as the axe separates Ogtuk-luk's shoulder like blubber being torn from a whale carcass. Even the Viking Oddlog puts a hand to his mouth to cover his surprise. It is no mortal wound but the Shaman protector will most likely be in pain for weeks before it heals properly.

Still, Ogtuk-luk grips his spear holding both himself and the gurgling Viking up by sheer force of violence.

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:47 am
by DSIGFUSS
Qannaq has no immediate sense of what is happening in the shambles of the Shaman Hutt. The smell of decaying flesh obviously had gotten to him. The Thule boy Torngusac nods his head in agreement and follows Qannaq back out into the village. Then the sounds of crashing clay pots mingled with a low twisted voice echoes behind them from the Shaman’s hut. The voice sounds like a thousand shards of shale scratching against one another in unison to produce a sound that unfortunately Qannaq understand too well.

T..or…n..gu…sac! Wh…er…is… m…y…. F…ox!

The words seems to collapse in on themselves as they are spoken, resounding a thousand times in but a single sentence. In the background of the voice itself, the sound of fire burning can clearly be heard.

C….ome…B.a….ck… V…is…it….m…e!

Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:18 pm
by ryansommer
OOC: Ouch. No dodge or parry roll, eh? Is the Viking dead?

Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:42 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- He'll be dead as soon as you pull that spear out. Or spit on him. lol The problem with the impale is that your weapon is stuck in your opponent. You deal double damage but you lose your weapon til you can pull it out.

Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:58 pm
by ryansommer
OOC: Or I could let go of it as I try to dodge his axe swing and let hime fall on it?

Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:25 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - OK I'm easy! roll one dodge!

Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:47 am
by ryansommer
With luck bestowed by the gods themselves, Ogtuk-luk sensed the the Vikings wicked blow, let go his spear and narrowly dodged out of the way. The blade of the axe brushed the side of Ogtuk-luk's arm as he spun out of the way, leaving his spear hanging from the chest of the terrible viking.

OOC: I'd like to add to my description that: "With his last ounce of engery spent in a last ditch effort to stike at the brave Eskimo, the viking colapsed forward onto the spear impaling him, sending him to meet his kin in valhalla." However, I will let you add that if he is in fact dead. :)

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:06 pm
by DSIGFUSS
A hand opened the hide flap leading out of the broken down Shaman’s hut. The hand seemed feminine enough, yet bruised and blackened by fire. Then, slowly more of the arm emerged, clawing its way along the dirty snow. The fingers seemed to break and reset themselves over and over again as the arm inched out of the hut, dragging its body behind it. Qannaq and Torngusac stared in blank horror as more of the creature that was clearly no longer the Shaman came into view. Her arms had been severed and reattached by crude thick stitchings at the base of the hand and the shoulder. As she dragged herself out of the hut, her head bent and folded under her chest, clicking as the vertebrae in her spine slowly gave way one by one… she arched her back diagonally, almost in an “S” pattern; an impossibility for even the most limber of hunters. Qannaq could tell right away that her torso was not her own. It was white and covered in blonde hairs. The Shaman’s limbs had been sewn onto the body of a dead Norseman and the morbid construct was writhing towards Qannaq and the Thule boy Torngusac. Torngusac, terror stricken, did not move and Qannaq was certain that if he did not take hold of his own fear he would find himself at the mercy of the approaching Tulipak.

ooc - Since he was a boy, Qannaq had heard stories of powerful Shamanic rites and rituals that had brought the dead back to life or unlife for the sole purpose of violence and with malice and spite heavily burdened on these constructs the Shaman's would call Tupilak.

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:11 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ogtuk-luk dives away from the severely wounded Viking as he swings desperately with his axe. The axe passes just over Ogtuk-luks back as he dodges aside. There is a moment of profound silence as the three men regard each other. Mannitok stares in disgust. The shaman protector’s spear dangles from the Norseman’s chest like a reed caught in the wind.

Then with Mannitok distracted and the Shaman Protector momentarily unarmed. The Viking hurls his axe at Maniitok, now standing over the unconscious Karima. The axe digs into Mannitok’s thigh and the Dorset Hunter collapses to his good leg howling in pain.

Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:09 pm
by ryansommer
OOC: Can Ogtuk-luk reach in and tear his spear from the Viking's chest? What roll would be needed?

Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:50 pm
by Airbornexo
Qannaq pushes the boy, Torngusac behind him and away from the approaching creature. He is momentarily caught between two minds that of flight and fight. Swallowing hard he pulls out his spear and makes ready to stand his ground against the Tupilak. He could not leave the monster here for others to stumble over.

To the Thule boy he shouted, "Quickly boy go find Ogtuk-luk and the others and tell them of this. Go now I will hold it here!" Then he offered up a quick prayer to the hunter-god and prepared to sent the Shaman-thing to the afterlife.

OOC - The above San roll was passed by 40. [edit] just noticed in another thread my San is down to 75 so thats a pass by 35. It also states I only have 9 / 14 wounds. Is that correct?

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:51 am
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - Yes Ogtuk-luk you can pull out the spear with STR x5 check. The Viking is badly wounded and slowed. You will then get an attack or a parry. Your choice.

ooc- Qannaq has had two days to heal since he was injured by wolves. His health is now up to 13/14. I will update that thread which I haven't done so in a while. Your San is corect though.

Torngusac stands in terror, shaking at the site of his Shaman turned into such a monstrosity. He cannot break free from the hold the sight has on him. The Tupilac's gittering and writhing grows faster and she points at Qannaq, a strange dull consciousness in her eyes.

Elder warrior!!! I smell the kill of many hunts on you... I shall give you the respect of a quick death.

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:49 pm
by ryansommer
Ogtu-luk reaches for the spear and attempts to pull it free but he is unable to wrest the spear from the chest of the hulking viking.

Re: The Great Viking Hunt (Ogtuk-luk, Kirima and Qannaq)

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:09 am
by Kirima
~

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:36 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ogtuk-luk wrenches on the Shamn Protector's spear, trying his best to free it from the bearded Norseman's belly and the Viking howls in pain at the effort. The spear catches on a ring of iron lacing the Viking's armor and Ogtuk-luks efforts are wasted. The Viking snarls, his eyes glaring in a twisted bezerker half-consciousnes as he battles the eternal sleep that will be coming for him soon. The Viking reaches to his side and pulls out a long knife...

Ogtuk-luk heard Thorrin talk of such a knife. In the little Norse that Ogtuk-luk had understood the general meaning, he remembers the knife's name.

Scramasax.

Whether this was the scramasax his friend's were searching for or not, it was still on a collision course for the left side of the Shaman protector's head.

ooc- Ogtuk-luk roll parry.

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:45 pm
by ryansommer
OOC: I am not sure what I roll for Parry, but I believe I suceeded if am using anything other than my head or fist

Releasing the spear and bringing his hands up in one swift movement, Ogtuk-luk used his fist and forearm to parry the massive Vikings forearm as it swept in for a killing blow.

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:07 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- yup you thought right. Using your fist to block a knife thrust is completely reasonable. Ok your move. This Viking is in his death throws. He will always go last.

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:23 pm
by ryansommer
Ogtuk-luk parries aside the Vikings blow, grabs onto the haft of this spear and spins away from the Viking tearing the weapon from his chest. Ogtuk-luk crouched low, holding his spear awaiting the Vikings next move.

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:02 pm
by Kirima
~

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:21 pm
by DSIGFUSS
As Ogtuk-luk steps away from the wounded Viking, the Shaman protector's spear in hand.. the spear which had been handed down to him by the Elders from a line of Shaman Protectors too long to remember... the Viking growls with unadultered fury. Blood pours freely from the open wound like water over melting snow. He raises his Scramasax out in front of him, takes two steps towards Ogtuk-luk and dies. The scramasax falls to the earth of the Thule hut floor.

Ogtuk-luk now has his moment to assess the Thule hut. He sees two things that deeply disturb him. First, Mannitok lay unconscious near the entrace to the hut. The gash on his leg from the Vikings Axe bleeding much more than the wound might have suggested. And second, their Viking prisoner Oddlog was kneeled at Karima's side... his face pressed up against Karima's cheek. He could hear low murmering coming from Oddlog's mouth but could not understand a word of it.

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:34 pm
by ryansommer
OOC: Can you refresh my memory of who Karima is?

Ogtuk-luk picks up the Scramasax and tucks it into his best for safe keeping before quickly moving into the hut. Using his foot, he mightily shoves the Viking prisoner away from Karima and levels his spear at the may as he lay sprawled on the floor. "Are you okay Karima? Has this man hurt you?"

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:08 am
by Airbornexo
Qannaq pushes Torngusac again, "go get away from here! Find the others!" He hefts his heavy spear deftly in his right hand and narrows his eyes at the shrieking creature, "It is not my time just yet crone, whilst the blood is still pumping through my body I will not see you harm another."

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:01 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- (Oops spelled it wrong.. it's Kirima) Kirima is the daughter of one of the more benevolent Elders of the Dorset tribe, Eklder Makituk. Kirima volunteered to look after the Thule boy Torngusac on this mission to find the Vikings and determine whether or not their pillaging will bring them close to the Dorset village. Oddlog was a Viking prisoner who has become somewhat infatuated with Kirima. Kirima seems to have some taming quality over the Viking Bezerker.

ooc- see pm Ogtuk-luk

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:21 pm
by DSIGFUSS
On one side of the village... Qannaq finally gets through to the Thule boy and Torngusac bolts across the trampled snow of the open village square. Kadzit, the Ijiraat Fox slowly walks to Qannaq's side and growls at the old Shaman molested by dark Inuit arts and now a malevolent Tupilac.

I see nothing of my old friend in you spirit.... You wish only death and decay...

The Fox begins to change shape... It's pointy ears harden and thicken, branching wildly like water along the waxed shade of an oil skin lantern. Her white fur thickens and her toes curl in on themselves, folding over and over, hardening with a sick popping sound that Qannaq could only compare to the breaking of new bone as flesh becomes hoof. The legs elongate with a similar sound and the beast that emerged in the next few seconds was more akin to a cariboo than anything else.

Kadzit stomped his hooves and looks down at Qannaq from his new height.

Do not let up Qannaq! The Tupilac will not stop til your bones and blood are one.

ooc - combat rolls please. Please roll a strike, parry and damage for Qannaq. 1d100, 1d100, 1d6+1, 1d4 (damage bonus) also roll 1d10 for initiative. This beastie is quick so watch out.

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:31 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Oddlog, having put so much of his concentration onto Kirima, tumbles over at Ogtuk-Luk's shove. He looks up at him, shaking with anger... His eyes crazed but somehow still under control. Through a growling snarl of a lip, Oddlog barks in his native tongue to the Shaman Protector -and points frantically at Kirima.

Heimskur Skraeling Hún er deyjandi! Geta þú ekki sjá? Ef hún þú deyja. Gera þú heyra mig Skraeling?

Kirima's eyes were white, her pupils rolled back into her head. Her hands move slowly over a grass Thule doll the Dorset girl had managed to find and cradle in her arms. She seemed to be combing its hair in her delerium.

Close by, Mannitok moaned in pain as the blood poured ever more swiftly from the wound on his leg.

ooc- Ogtuk-luk, make an Inuit mythos and an Idea check.

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:57 pm
by ryansommer
OOC: Ogtuk-luk cannot 'Intuit Mythos" as his skill is 00. I rolled on the 1% chance I got lucky, though.
DSIGFUSS,Ogtuk-luks [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2686439/]rolls[/url]
Enraged by the Viking's audacity, Ogtuk-luk's only concern is for the young girl and his wounded friend. "Stay away from her" he reiterates before moving to Mannitok and tending to his wounds.

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:01 am
by Kirima
Kirima yawns and stretches like she has been in a deep sleep.

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:28 pm
by Airbornexo
OOC - Initiative roll is poo 1d10=1. Qannaq's first strike is 1d100=68 hit by 2% (spear 70%). His parry is successful by 1d100=65 5%. Damage is only 6 1d6+1+1d4=6 grrr! Sorry for the delay my computer had some serious mal-ware issues and had to be wiped and reinstalled.

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:34 pm
by DSIGFUSS
oo c- no worries Airbornexo. As you can see I've been busy or lazy too. For me its the latter but I'll try to keep up.

The shaman tupilac shrieks with fury as her clawed hand rakes across Qannaq's upraised spear. Qannaq bats it aside and thrusts forward. The spear grazes the undead shaman's shoulder causing the wicked thing to let loose an unatural howl.

ooc - Sanity check. failure causes Qannaq to be gripped by fear. act accordingly please... :) If you pass then combat rolls again.

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Mannitok is still conscious and stirs to Ogtuk-luk's touch. The axe ther Viking had thrown is deep in his shoulder.

Oddlog backs away from Karima but stares down at her with wild untamed eyes. Lust or concern... none can tell.

ooc - Listen check please Karima and Ogtuk-luk.

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:58 am
by Airbornexo
OOC - 1d100=6 San passed. 1d100=93 misses with his next strike.

Qannaq steels himself against the scream but his aim proves poor.

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:03 am
by Kirima
Listen,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2716807/]Listen (1d100=37)[/url] Skill 65%
Kirima hears something.
Oddlog backs away from Karima but stares down at her with wild untamed eyes. Lust or concern... none can tell.
"C'mon, c'mon, kill him for me!"

[ooc:
ooc- no worries Airbornexo. As you can see I've been busy or lazy too. For me its the latter but I'll try to keep up.
Laziness is unforgivable. :P Hurry up, DSIGFUSS, Kirima longs to be rogered by a Viking (but please omit too much description).]

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:49 pm
by ryansommer
Ogtuk-luk bends down next to his wounded friend, keeping an eye on the young Viking and the Shaman to be. As he bandages up the nasty wound he is able to hear little over Kirima's words.

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:13 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Karima hears the soft pads of mocasins on snow and the low cries of a child no more than 30 feet away. Karima is quickly reminded of her parental responsibilities on this quest. Oddlog offer his hand to Karima and stares intently at her figure at he does so.

ooc- please roll a parry Qannaq.

Mannitok's wound is deep and the Dorset hunter is quickly losing consciousness.. He raises his hand to Ogtuk-luk and whispers his sisters name. Sashila.... the wolf....

ooc- Ogtuk-luk. Make a First Aid check. Yours is 50%.

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:17 pm
by ryansommer
Ogtuk-luk again tries to bandage the wound but the wound is too great and he cannot stem the flow of blood.

OOC: Does Ogtuk-luk know of Sashila?

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:38 am
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- Yes.. Sashila is Mannitok's sister. She ran off into the plains in search of a missing Dorset Hunter named Tornuaq. Another hunter named Unulaq and Faroo found her and returned her home. SHe was suffering terrible nightmares and whispering of a black wolf before your party left to find the Vikings.\

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:26 pm
by ryansommer
"Tell me, friend" Ogtuk-luk said as he leaned in close to his wounded friend. "Tell me about your sister and this wolf"

Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:35 am
by Airbornexo
OOC - Parry for Qannaq success 1d100=29

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:07 pm
by Kirima
"I hear footsteps outside--it could be a child. I must go out and see."
She takes Oddlog's hand and pulls herself up off the floor of the tent.

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:19 am
by DSIGFUSS
Mannitok smiles when Ogtuk-luk asks about his sister.

You I can trust Ogtuk-luk as you are sworn to protect the women of our tribe. Even my closest brothers want her for their desires.. Tornuaq and Unulaq… They would not want her if they knew… Sashila would have been under your guard as Shaman if Yuralria had not taken her post. Shashila was too young to be Shaman… You would have protected her.. from the wolf…

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:20 am
by DSIGFUSS
Kirima rushes outside to see Torngusac collapse onto his knees at her feet.

He grasps her furs crying…

Qannaq… huff huff.... Tupilac.. huff... the old Shaman risen… hufff huff... evil spirit.

He then points to the north panting heavily to catch his breath.

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:21 am
by DSIGFUSS
Qannaq bats the old crones reaching hands away with the blunt of his spear.

The twisted form of the Thule Shaman writhes in painful bliss as she continues her relentless attack on Qannaq. Smiling, her wicked teeth mangled beneath her peeling blackened lips, the Tupilac Shaman claws at the venerable hunters face howling in horrific glee.

Gahhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

ooc- Combat rolls please Qannaq. ( Attack, Parry, damage, damage bonus)

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:00 pm
by Kirima
Kirima looks in the direction Torngusac points. She clasps the exhausted boy to her bosom.
"Qannaq needs our help?"
She will call the others.

ooc,Who's with whom and where?--I've forgotten. :)

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:17 pm
by Airbornexo
OOC - Rolls Attack - 1d100=65 Hit by 5%; Parry - 1d100=63 success by 7% Damage and bonus is 8 1d6+1=4, 1d4=4

Qannaq could suddenly hear the blood pumping in his ears and the whole fight slowed as he focused; his face calm and expression neutral. This had happened several times in his life, the last when a bull-walrus with tusks as long as his forearm had almost gutted him on a fishing expedition. He swatted aside the attack easily then stabbed forwards with a practised precision and although his aim was off his heavy stone-headed spear bit deep...

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:38 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The Tupilac Thule Shaman swings her unnatural claweded hands over Qannaq’s head but the Dorset Hunter avoids yet another deadly blow.

Torngusac’s Fox companion, now in the shape of a massive caribou, moves in to help Qannaq fend off the Tupilac Shaman. Her massive hooves pound down on the creature’s back but do little to harm it.

Qannaq’s spear plunges through the Tupilac ripping and tearing at undead flesh. The wound would be severe on any man or beast but the Tupilac Shaman does not seem slowed. It wails with supernatural anger and continues its attack.

ooc- Qannaq please post your action

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:48 pm
by DSIGFUSS
OOC - For Karima and Ogtuk-luk. Now that ryansommer is back in it. He can decide for himself what to do. he just finished bandaging Manitok and was deep in a discussion with Mannitok (wounded badly) about his sister Sashila.. when Torngusac (The Thule boy) ran in telling the group what happened to Qannaq.

ooc- Actions please Kirima and Ogtuk-luk. Oddlog (Viking) and Mannitok are injured but Oddlog is not yet out of the fight. Having just killed a Viking, he is looking like he wants to break off a piece of Kirima. (wild eyed )

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:01 pm
by ryansommer
OOC: Where is Oddlog? Ogtuk-luk cannot allow such a loose cannon around Kirima.

"Be still my friend" Ogtuk-luk says. "I will return for you, First, I must protect Kirima. Worried about Kirima, Ogtuk-luk grabs his weapons and sprints off in the direction she ran.

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:16 am
by Kirima
Kirima, with a "no messing" expression upon her face, tears a strip of cloth and approaches Oddlog in order to bandage his wounds.

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:27 pm
by DSIGFUSS
OOC- Sorry for the confusion.

Oddlog and Kirima are just outside the burnt out Thule Hut where the battle took place.
Ogtuk-luk and Mannitok are no more than 30 feet away or so. Ogtuk-luk could still sprint to Kirima in his urgency. Everyone present can sense the strange tension brewing between the Viking beserker and the Dorset woman.

Qannaq is on the other side of the village. The Thule boy Torngusac sprinted the distance in 2 rounds to warn the others that Qannaq was in grave danger.

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:18 pm
by ryansommer
"Kirima, come!" Ogtuk-luk shouted. "Qannaq is in danger, we must help!" Ogtuk-luk grabbed her by the hand and urged her to come with him as the sprinted to help Qannaq.

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:20 am
by Kirima
Kirima scowls and hisses at Ogtuk-luk, but allows herself to be dragged away. She drops the bandage beside Oddlog.

"Ogtuk-luk, that viking--Oddlog--saved my life once again: a brave warrior, who is under my charge. I wanted to tend to his injuries!"

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:07 pm
by ryansommer
"I understand, Kirima." Ogtuk-luk said. "But we have more pressing issues at the moment and your safety is my main concern. I cannot leave you with him alone while I help Qannaq."

Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:47 pm
by Airbornexo
Qannaq looked sidelong at the creature, never had his spear been so ineffective! He hesitated for a moment, the impulse to flee from the horror strong; then blinking he moved to attack again, the way his father and grandfather before him would have done. He sensed the eyes of the elders on him as he thrust his spear once again at the creature.

OOC - Hit 1d100=49, Damage is only 1d6+1+1d4=5 and parry is once again successful 1d100=13. Does Qannaq stand any chance of actually hurting this creature?

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:18 am
by DSIGFUSS
Oddlog scowls as Ogtuk-luk pulls Karima away from him. The Thule boy follows close behinde them as they race to Qannaqs aid.

ooc- Ogtuk-luk roll spot Hidden
00c - Kirima roll Inuit Mythos (Now 40%)

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:29 am
by DSIGFUSS
OOC - Qannaq make an Inuit Mythos check. (15%)

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:33 am
by Airbornexo
ooc - fail 1d100=58

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:24 pm
by Kirima
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3048573/]Inuit mythos 40% (1d100=43)[/url]
"There is something I know that will help Qannaq, but I cannot quite-- Ogtuk-luk, you are pulling my arm too hard!"

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- OK Kirima make a luck roll while Ogtuk-luk is making his spot hidden check.

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:37 pm
by ryansommer
A surge of adrenaline surged through Ogtuk-luk as he raced towards Qaanaq. His senses were sharpened to a razors edge and he was aware of everything around him

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:15 pm
by Kirima
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3050575/]Luck (1d100=7)[/url]
"I know! I know!"

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:09 am
by DSIGFUSS
Karima remembers her father, Elder Makkituk, explaining to her when she was very young.

"Every Shaman is given a spear from Sedna. With this spear, the Shaman can hunt in any world. Be it lving or dead."

Tornuaq spots Torngusac's tracks in the snow and easily makes his way to the scene of the battle.

Qannaq is unsure what it would take to defeat this creature as each thrust of the hunter's spear does little to slow it down. Even the red eyed Ijiraat caribou at his side was having difficulty keeping the Tupilac at bay.

The Tupilac tosses the Ijiraat aside and reaches out with its devilishly unnatural claws towards Tornuaq.

ooc- Qannaq roll parry and action. It is clear that you are not harming it but you don't know what will help. You can now see Ogtuk-luk and Kirima approaching. They will be here at the start of next round. If you wish to give up your attack you can parry and roll idea. or parry and attack...
ooc- Kirima and Ogtuk-luk will come onto the scene next turn. Both roll an Inuit Mythos check.

ooc- Kirima see pm.

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:16 am
by Kirima
ooc,Invisible Castle is kaput at the moment.
Kirima clasps her hands and shakes them in thanks to her father. Once on the scene she'll search for a gift from Sedna--something sharp....

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:33 pm
by ryansommer
OOC,Did my spot hidden roll do anything? Is the spear I was given the same spear Kirima is refering too?

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:53 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ogtuk-luk,No the spear is not the same one that Kirima is refering to. But yours is enchanted similarly and has been passed from Shaman Protector to Shaman Protector for generations.Yuralria emerged from her initition into Shamon-hood ie . the Combing Ceremony with a spear given to her by Sedna.

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:00 pm
by ryansommer
OOC,Okay, thanks.
Ogtuk-luk charges forward, knowing nothing about what he is about to face.

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:11 pm
by Airbornexo
Qannaq tries to focus his mind but ideas fail him. In that instance he suddenly lets his guard down leaving himself open for the creature's attack.

OOC - Fail both idea and a 95 on my parry, curses!

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:42 pm
by Kirima
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3054323/]Inuit Mythos 40% (1d100=10)[/url]
She screams.

"Ogtuk-luk! Qannaq! Aieeeee!"

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:56 am
by DSIGFUSS
Kirima feels the pull of her goddess from inside the building she quickly identifies as the Thule Shaman's Hutt. She is drawn quickly into the burnt out structure as the Tulipac howls with unnatural fury behind her.

What left standing is covered in dried black blood. Driftwood and hides drip with the thick dark filth. Norse runes are painted sloppily and randomly about the Thule artifiacts of bone and hide strewn carelessly about the Hutt. Only a long grooved spear carved with pictures of the Harbour seal and the Arctic Hare remained untouched by deaths wicked spray. Kirima looks for an end to the shaft of the spear and a beginning to the spear's tip but finds none. The spear is a single tooth of the Narwhale and still bled from the end which was torn free of the massive sea beast who had given it.

Qannaq begins to tire. He had been stabbing and slashing at this creature of such divine malevolence to no effect. His vast experience on the snowy plains had not prepared him for such unrelenting evil. He had heard stories of the Tupilac but none recalled could help him. Undead constructs such as this had ravaged villages in the old stories. None would survive a Tupilac with its cloudy eyes trained on death and destruction. The beast rakes its long unnatural fingers across the back of Qannaq, digging four deep painful chasms of hellfire and blood into the Dorset hunter's back. He wounds continued to burn

ooc- Qannaq Takes 10 DAMAGE.

Ogtuk-luk, separating himself from Kirima feels the sharp pang of guilt, realizing the Shaman had just run into the Shaman's Hutt alone and defenseless. The thought did not persist.. He was committed to combat with the Tupilac and Qannaq was in real danger.

ooc - Qannaq. Actions please. The Tupilac is continuing its attack. Choices? Move parry... Dodge run... Attack parry or parry parry.

ooc - Ogtuk-luk. Actions.. (attack, parry)

ooc- Kirima. Cthulhu Mythos check or do whatever you like.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:43 pm
by Kirima
Kirima picks up the tooth from the Narwhale. She'll then run to Ogtuk-luk and hand the weapon on to him or Qannaq.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:50 pm
by ryansommer
OOC,Is Kirima back with the whale horn?
In a defensive stance, Ogtuk-luk circles the enemy - sizing it up and waiting for an opening.

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:26 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc, For Kirma's turn she will pick up the Narwhale spear and run out odf the Shaman's Hut. The fight with the Tupilac is taking place just outside the Hut.

As Kirima picks up the spear a whirlpool of knowledge and history floods her mind. Power beyond anything she has ever comprehended.. ( See character sheet for new fun stuff.) The idea of handing the spear to another borders on ignorance and blasphemy.

ooc- Kirima pass a Sanity Check to do anything but scream inwardly.

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:36 pm
by ryansommer
Seeing an opening in the foul beast defenses, Ogtuk-luk springs foward a drives his spear deepinto the beast

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:14 pm
by Kirima
oops,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3066334/]Sanity check (1d100=90)[/url]
Kirima collapses in the mud outside the hut, sliding upon her shins, head bowed as if she has fainted. The Narwhale spear is held loosely in her hand.

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:59 pm
by Airbornexo
Qannaq cries out before slumping to the ground unconscious from the pain in his back .

OOC - 1d100=96 failed my Conx5 for losing more than half of my wounds in a single go.

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:37 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- ok, Ogtuk-luk is the only one doing anything this round. The Tupilac creature is continuing its attack on Qannaq as he falls to the ground. You can use your parry to try to block this attack. Your attack is still good.. That will get its attention.

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:37 am
by Kirima
hols,I'm off to hunt the Polar Bear until July.
"Eunnghh!"

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:47 pm
by ryansommer
OOC: Who is up?

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:46 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- Ogtuk luk I need a parry from you first to see if the Tupilac beastie rips apart the unconscious Qaanaq or you turn the evil thing's attention towards you.

Just a sumary of attacks in Helluland.... in case you forgot or i never told you...

Every round you get two actions... kinda my thing to make battles a little more epic.

Options: You can:

1) Strike and move
2) Strike and parry
3) Strike and dodge
4) Parry 2x
5) Run
6) Move and Dodge
7) Ass kicking Strike. (if you use all your combat options for one strike) You get bonuses to damage depending on situtation. Not recommended as you will probably get hit.)

ooc- Tabs! Sweet. Bring me back a claw man!

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:58 pm
by ryansommer
Olguk-luk was unable to parry the beasts attack.

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:12 am
by Kirima
"Nnnggghhhh!"

ooc,Is she loopy?

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:56 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- Kirima see pm.

Kirima falls onto the snow clutching the long Narwhale tooth in both of her hands. Her eyes roll back into her head and flutter like the wings of a dying black fly.

The Tupilac demon rakes its claws over the back of the unconscious Qannaq. ( damage: 4) Ogtuk-luk can barely hear the venerable hunter's cry as the howling beast continues its ferocious attack. It's blood thirst quenched, the Tupilac Shaman turns its hollow eyes towards Ogtuk-luk and moves with preternatural speed at the Shaman protector; it's body contorting and twisting as its claws whirl about in a frenzy of bonechiling evil.

roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3101729/

ooc- Hey Airbornexo. We forgot to reduce the damage dealt to Qannaq due to the hide armor he was wearing.

ooc- Qannaq roll Luck twice. For each pass reduce the damage dealt by 3. If you fail then you are passed out and bleeding.

ooc- OK Ogtuk-luk. Seems like you are the last Dorset standing. Actions. Also please make a sanity check. If you fail. lose 1d6 sanity.

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:59 am
by Kirima
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3102371/]Usnconsciousness (1d4=4)[/url] (rounds)--superb!
Kirima flops face down in the snow, her body twitching with shock.

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:46 pm
by ryansommer
DSIGFUSS,What does Ogtuk-luk need to do to attach that magical spear head he has? Would it be best to just use it as a dagger?

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:18 pm
by ryansommer

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:23 pm
by Airbornexo
OOC - 1d100=19, 1d100=91 Okay so the hunters is back in the game! hopefully he can distract the beast long enough so someone can finish it off.

Qannaq let out a low moan. Fearing for the worst he reached down to his injured stomach, breathing a sigh of relief when his palms did not come back slick with blood. The flow was heavy enough, but at least his insides weren't trailing loose like a gutted fur seal that had come off the worst from a angry walrus. He shook his head and cleared his vision managing to stagger to his feet...

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:57 am
by Kirima
Kirima would cheer the heroic effort of Qannaq and bravery of Ogtuk-luk, but she's delirious, so she can't....

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:36 am
by DSIGFUSS
The Tupilac continues its furious assault on Ogtuk-luk casting dark eyes towards Qannaq having failed to complete its kill.

As Ogtuk-luk swings his spear in a mighty arc, the follow through leaves his back open for the Tupliac. It rakes its claws over the skins covering the Shaman's Protectors shoulder growling and howling its displeasure with the world. ((4 damage 8-4 (hide armor) = 4 damage. )

rolls: ooc- rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3111579/ http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3111615/

ooc- actions please. Kirima this is round two of your spazmotic flailing and jerking and sleeping...

ooc- Qannaq roll idea please

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:08 pm
by ryansommer
Wincing in pain, Ogtuk-luk continues his assault on the beast. Regaining his footing, Ogtul-luk lunges forward and drives the spear deep into the beasts flesh, then deftly spins and brings the spear inline to parry the fiends next attack.
DSIGFUSS,There is no damage listed for any of Ogtuk-lul's weapons on his character sheet.

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:34 pm
by Airbornexo
Qannaq assesses the situation with a momentarily furrowed brow...

OOC - 1d100=55 nailed it my idea = 55%

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:09 am
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- Qannaq see pm.

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:34 pm
by Airbornexo
Qannaq knew what he had to do, he didn't like the idea but it might be their only chance against the creature. He circled the flailing spirit and snagged up the narwhal tooth and quickly attached it to his spear. He made sure to bind the tooth tightly as his grandfather had taught him. Then with a snarl, he leapt back to the fray.

OOC - and a San success versus a score of 80, Woot!
1d100=58

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:00 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The undead Tupilac suddenly stops and stares up at the sky, its eyes wide with terror.

Everyone hears a soft pushing sound as if the air had been suddenly drawn from a seal skin pouch. The snow seems to dance at their feet as it slides slowly north along the surface of the plains. The air is then suddenly stilled, casting a suspicious silence. A strange humming begins to rise as the northern lights stretch quickly across the sky like an ethereal ribbon floating in the long dark silky hair of the goddess. The greens and whites of the aurora borealis flash and blink their understanding with amazing purpose and wondrous insight. All can’t help but stare and understand as force filled waves of blinding clarity wash over all who bare witness to the lights.

A mountain then appears in the sky, made from the fiery green ribbons the sky dwellers craft like carvings in bone. It is Sivanitirutinguak. A river flows from the sea and into its base, an unnatural force to be certain. It was as though the gods themselves were pushing the water from the shores of Qikiqtaaluk or pulling the river from the root of the Sivanitirutinguak.

A longing passes over each and every member of the Dorset tribe as if their mother were calling them home to the mountain. A home long forgotten but as warm and familiar as any hut they had ever laid their skins and a mother perhaps not forgotten but surely missed.

Then the snow begins to rise in the north for miles around them. The snow lifts from the ground in much the same manner as it had fallen in large sullen flakes… The image of Sivanitirutinguak is soon covered by a blanket of thick drifting snow that seems to be picking up a speed as it floats effortlessly north. And then with a sudden flash of green and white, the drifting snow thunders towards them. The Tupilac seems to explode into perfect cubes of rotting matter that scatter to the treacherous wind before them. The snow hits the Dorsets, washing over everything in its path until there is nothing but blackness and cold visions of starless skies.

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:02 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Everyone please make a 1d100 Sanity roll and post your roll here. I will check to see if you pass or fail as there are penalties associated with the vision you just experienced.

Then Proceed to Chapter 6 when it is ready.

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:21 pm
by Airbornexo
OOC - 1d100=3 woot, game on!