The Great Viking Hunt (Ogtuk-luk, Kirima and Qannaq)

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: The Great Viking Hunt (Ogtuk-luk, Kirima)

Post by DSIGFUSS »

A hand opened the hide flap leading out of the broken down Shaman’s hut. The hand seemed feminine enough, yet bruised and blackened by fire. Then, slowly more of the arm emerged, clawing its way along the dirty snow. The fingers seemed to break and reset themselves over and over again as the arm inched out of the hut, dragging its body behind it. Qannaq and Torngusac stared in blank horror as more of the creature that was clearly no longer the Shaman came into view. Her arms had been severed and reattached by crude thick stitchings at the base of the hand and the shoulder. As she dragged herself out of the hut, her head bent and folded under her chest, clicking as the vertebrae in her spine slowly gave way one by one… she arched her back diagonally, almost in an “S” pattern; an impossibility for even the most limber of hunters. Qannaq could tell right away that her torso was not her own. It was white and covered in blonde hairs. The Shaman’s limbs had been sewn onto the body of a dead Norseman and the morbid construct was writhing towards Qannaq and the Thule boy Torngusac. Torngusac, terror stricken, did not move and Qannaq was certain that if he did not take hold of his own fear he would find himself at the mercy of the approaching Tulipak.

ooc - Since he was a boy, Qannaq had heard stories of powerful Shamanic rites and rituals that had brought the dead back to life or unlife for the sole purpose of violence and with malice and spite heavily burdened on these constructs the Shaman's would call Tupilak.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ogtuk-luk dives away from the severely wounded Viking as he swings desperately with his axe. The axe passes just over Ogtuk-luks back as he dodges aside. There is a moment of profound silence as the three men regard each other. Mannitok stares in disgust. The shaman protector’s spear dangles from the Norseman’s chest like a reed caught in the wind.

Then with Mannitok distracted and the Shaman Protector momentarily unarmed. The Viking hurls his axe at Maniitok, now standing over the unconscious Karima. The axe digs into Mannitok’s thigh and the Dorset Hunter collapses to his good leg howling in pain.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Can Ogtuk-luk reach in and tear his spear from the Viking's chest? What roll would be needed?
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Airbornexo »

Qannaq pushes the boy, Torngusac behind him and away from the approaching creature. He is momentarily caught between two minds that of flight and fight. Swallowing hard he pulls out his spear and makes ready to stand his ground against the Tupilak. He could not leave the monster here for others to stumble over.

To the Thule boy he shouted, "Quickly boy go find Ogtuk-luk and the others and tell them of this. Go now I will hold it here!" Then he offered up a quick prayer to the hunter-god and prepared to sent the Shaman-thing to the afterlife.

OOC - The above San roll was passed by 40. [edit] just noticed in another thread my San is down to 75 so thats a pass by 35. It also states I only have 9 / 14 wounds. Is that correct?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc - Yes Ogtuk-luk you can pull out the spear with STR x5 check. The Viking is badly wounded and slowed. You will then get an attack or a parry. Your choice.

ooc- Qannaq has had two days to heal since he was injured by wolves. His health is now up to 13/14. I will update that thread which I haven't done so in a while. Your San is corect though.

Torngusac stands in terror, shaking at the site of his Shaman turned into such a monstrosity. He cannot break free from the hold the sight has on him. The Tupilac's gittering and writhing grows faster and she points at Qannaq, a strange dull consciousness in her eyes.

Elder warrior!!! I smell the kill of many hunts on you... I shall give you the respect of a quick death.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Ogtu-luk reaches for the spear and attempts to pull it free but he is unable to wrest the spear from the chest of the hulking viking.
Kirima
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

Re: The Great Viking Hunt (Ogtuk-luk, Kirima and Qannaq)

Post by Kirima »

~
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ogtuk-luk wrenches on the Shamn Protector's spear, trying his best to free it from the bearded Norseman's belly and the Viking howls in pain at the effort. The spear catches on a ring of iron lacing the Viking's armor and Ogtuk-luks efforts are wasted. The Viking snarls, his eyes glaring in a twisted bezerker half-consciousnes as he battles the eternal sleep that will be coming for him soon. The Viking reaches to his side and pulls out a long knife...

Ogtuk-luk heard Thorrin talk of such a knife. In the little Norse that Ogtuk-luk had understood the general meaning, he remembers the knife's name.

Scramasax.

Whether this was the scramasax his friend's were searching for or not, it was still on a collision course for the left side of the Shaman protector's head.

ooc- Ogtuk-luk roll parry.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: I am not sure what I roll for Parry, but I believe I suceeded if am using anything other than my head or fist

Releasing the spear and bringing his hands up in one swift movement, Ogtuk-luk used his fist and forearm to parry the massive Vikings forearm as it swept in for a killing blow.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- yup you thought right. Using your fist to block a knife thrust is completely reasonable. Ok your move. This Viking is in his death throws. He will always go last.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Ogtuk-luk parries aside the Vikings blow, grabs onto the haft of this spear and spins away from the Viking tearing the weapon from his chest. Ogtuk-luk crouched low, holding his spear awaiting the Vikings next move.
Kirima
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Kirima »

~
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

As Ogtuk-luk steps away from the wounded Viking, the Shaman protector's spear in hand.. the spear which had been handed down to him by the Elders from a line of Shaman Protectors too long to remember... the Viking growls with unadultered fury. Blood pours freely from the open wound like water over melting snow. He raises his Scramasax out in front of him, takes two steps towards Ogtuk-luk and dies. The scramasax falls to the earth of the Thule hut floor.

Ogtuk-luk now has his moment to assess the Thule hut. He sees two things that deeply disturb him. First, Mannitok lay unconscious near the entrace to the hut. The gash on his leg from the Vikings Axe bleeding much more than the wound might have suggested. And second, their Viking prisoner Oddlog was kneeled at Karima's side... his face pressed up against Karima's cheek. He could hear low murmering coming from Oddlog's mouth but could not understand a word of it.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Can you refresh my memory of who Karima is?

Ogtuk-luk picks up the Scramasax and tucks it into his best for safe keeping before quickly moving into the hut. Using his foot, he mightily shoves the Viking prisoner away from Karima and levels his spear at the may as he lay sprawled on the floor. "Are you okay Karima? Has this man hurt you?"
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Airbornexo »

Qannaq pushes Torngusac again, "go get away from here! Find the others!" He hefts his heavy spear deftly in his right hand and narrows his eyes at the shrieking creature, "It is not my time just yet crone, whilst the blood is still pumping through my body I will not see you harm another."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- (Oops spelled it wrong.. it's Kirima) Kirima is the daughter of one of the more benevolent Elders of the Dorset tribe, Eklder Makituk. Kirima volunteered to look after the Thule boy Torngusac on this mission to find the Vikings and determine whether or not their pillaging will bring them close to the Dorset village. Oddlog was a Viking prisoner who has become somewhat infatuated with Kirima. Kirima seems to have some taming quality over the Viking Bezerker.

ooc- see pm Ogtuk-luk
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

On one side of the village... Qannaq finally gets through to the Thule boy and Torngusac bolts across the trampled snow of the open village square. Kadzit, the Ijiraat Fox slowly walks to Qannaq's side and growls at the old Shaman molested by dark Inuit arts and now a malevolent Tupilac.

I see nothing of my old friend in you spirit.... You wish only death and decay...

The Fox begins to change shape... It's pointy ears harden and thicken, branching wildly like water along the waxed shade of an oil skin lantern. Her white fur thickens and her toes curl in on themselves, folding over and over, hardening with a sick popping sound that Qannaq could only compare to the breaking of new bone as flesh becomes hoof. The legs elongate with a similar sound and the beast that emerged in the next few seconds was more akin to a cariboo than anything else.

Kadzit stomped his hooves and looks down at Qannaq from his new height.

Do not let up Qannaq! The Tupilac will not stop til your bones and blood are one.

ooc - combat rolls please. Please roll a strike, parry and damage for Qannaq. 1d100, 1d100, 1d6+1, 1d4 (damage bonus) also roll 1d10 for initiative. This beastie is quick so watch out.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Oddlog, having put so much of his concentration onto Kirima, tumbles over at Ogtuk-Luk's shove. He looks up at him, shaking with anger... His eyes crazed but somehow still under control. Through a growling snarl of a lip, Oddlog barks in his native tongue to the Shaman Protector -and points frantically at Kirima.

Heimskur Skraeling Hún er deyjandi! Geta þú ekki sjá? Ef hún þú deyja. Gera þú heyra mig Skraeling?

Kirima's eyes were white, her pupils rolled back into her head. Her hands move slowly over a grass Thule doll the Dorset girl had managed to find and cradle in her arms. She seemed to be combing its hair in her delerium.

Close by, Mannitok moaned in pain as the blood poured ever more swiftly from the wound on his leg.

ooc- Ogtuk-luk, make an Inuit mythos and an Idea check.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Ogtuk-luk cannot 'Intuit Mythos" as his skill is 00. I rolled on the 1% chance I got lucky, though.
DSIGFUSS,Ogtuk-luks [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2686439/]rolls[/url]
Enraged by the Viking's audacity, Ogtuk-luk's only concern is for the young girl and his wounded friend. "Stay away from her" he reiterates before moving to Mannitok and tending to his wounds.
Kirima
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Kirima »

Kirima yawns and stretches like she has been in a deep sleep.

Return to “Chapter 5: The Good The Bad and the Eskimo”