The Great Viking Hunt (Ogtuk-luk, Kirima and Qannaq)

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

The Great Viking Hunt (Ogtuk-luk, Kirima and Qannaq)

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Kirima, Oddlog, Qannaq and Torngusac all gathered inside Qannaq's hut as they prepared for their scouting mission.

The Elders had agreed that if the Vikings were getting too close, the Dorset tribe would be forced to abandon their village
and retreat into the mountains.

Qannaq would serve as their guide. His venerable hunting and tracking skills were unparalleled in the tribe.

Torngusac, though only a boy, would serve to translate the Viking beserker's words should they proove usefull.

Kirima would serve as the eyes and ears of the Elders. Though Qannaq was wise beyond his years, the Elders knew that Kirima would serve their purposes more effectively on the plains of Baffin Island.

As everyone was preparing to disembark a small white arctic fox walked into the hut. Qannaq and the Thule Boy seemed completely unalarmed at the foxes brazeness. Oddlog, however, licks his lips hunfgrily until the fox lifts its head.

It's eyes glow red in the light of Qannaq's fire.

Oddlog draws his sword and stands in front of Kirima shouting.

djöfull!!! djöfull!!! djöfull!!!!!

Torngusac smiles at the fox and translates...

Devil!
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Re: The Great Viking Hunt (Ogtuk-luk, Kirima)

Post by ryansommer »

"Hold, friend" says Ogtuk Luk. "This is Kadzit, he is not an enemie of ours. Perhaps he can help"
Kirima
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

Post by Kirima »

"Kadzit? What is that."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"That is the name of this Ijiraat" Ogtuk-luk says. "Kadzit, do you bring news that may help us in this hunt?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc - hey ryansommer. Check your pms. I wanted to play out a conversation with you that happened before you step into the hut. Keep going with the the whole Kadzit thing though..

Oddlog cries out something in Norse pointing at the Ijiraat fox named Kadzit and Torngusac translates.

These red eyed devils are shape shifters... They sunk my boat and killed my friends... We barely made it to shore as they tore us to ribbons beneath the sea.

Kadzit grins and responds in an elderly woman's voice

I've no doubt of that Viking... Your people have come to this island with blood soaked hands, seeking more blood to quench your thirsts. If your friends were anything like the brutes who murdered the Thule (Inuit tribe on the shore/ allies to the Dorset) and my Shaman, then they deserved their fate.

Oddlog seemed to have understood Kadzit's words as he spat at the fox's feet which was odd as both Karima and Oddlog heard the Fox speaking fluent Dorset.

ooc- to know why roll an Inuit Mythos check.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"What has happened is in the past. The Ijiraat were attempting to protect their people; our peopel. Kadzit is not attacking now, so please, stand down."
Ogtuk-luk knees: "Tell me, Kadzit, what brings news have you?"
Kirima
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Kirima »

[OOC, what is my Inuit Mythos % and where can I find my character sheet? :P ]

"Oh wonderful!" Kirima claps her hands in delight, "a talking fox."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc - oops, I forgot to make your character.. you can switch some points around if you want to, but I put Karima in the Eskimo character thread.
Kirima
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Kirima »

[OOC, Inuit Mythos 30% (1d100=40) Can that roll be a vague notion?!]
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OOC- Oh for sure. You just don't know the spooky spirit worldy stuff. There is a paragraph in the Eskimo Homework on Ijiraat that anyone can read.

http://callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.p ... fd208ea696.

if you want to.... Both karima and Ryansommer can take the Quiz. If you score 80% or higher on it, you get a bonus 10% to add to your skills. Just submit your answers to me by private message. :geek:

The fox is an Ijiraat... A shape shifting species that lives on the island. The Ijiraat and the Dorset people have lived in peace for centuries. The Ijiraat can take the form of any arctic animal that it chooses. The only way to tell an Ijiraat from a native animal is by the red in its eyes.

Karima and Ogtuk-luk have been present for a good number of conversations amongst her people since the trouble started so she has heard some things about the Ijiraat.

The Dorset people have been attacked twice by Ijiraat bearing the mark of Loki, Norse bad guy god. (according to Thorrin) The Dorset people do not know if all of the Ijiraat have turned against them or why.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Kadzit does not bear the mark of Loki like the Ijiraat who are responsible for the attacks." Ogtuk-luk turns to Kadzit; "Please, friend, show them your belly so they can see that you do not bear the mark of Loki."

Ogtuk-luk waits for Kadzit to roll over before continuing: "I do not know why, but Loki seems to be taining the Ijiraat on the island. Those that bear her mark have been corrupted and cannot be trusted. Kadzit, does not bear the mark and should be considared an ally."
Kirima
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Kirima »

ryansommer/OOC,How do you know this stuff? Do I not know because I haven't done any homework? ;)
'So, what is the message which Kadzit brings for us?'
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: I know it from the previous chapter. Kadzit was one of the characters I interacted with back then.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OOC- Yeah! and you haven't done your homework. lol

Kadzit grins..

Message? I have no message to bring you yet children of the frozen rain?

The fox purs in Oddlog's direction and winks suspiciously.

I will follow the Thule boy wherever he goes. He is the last of his people and I owe it to the Shaman of his tribe to protect him. I will accompany you... unless you wish not to be so hmmm?
Kirima
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Kirima »

"No, I insist that you do come with us, ...Kadzit. I am sure a magic fox is a gift from the gods. Um, can you change shape to another animal?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Of course young Malina... I can change into any animal native to this island. Though, I have not done so in a long long time. The shifting is for the young and I am old and set in my ways. Most of the Ijiraat settle by the time they reach 200 or so… I have been a fox for nearly 300 years, but if you require it of me, I can change.

Kadzit moves close to the boy.

If we find the witch Gelga who killed my Shaman friend! I will change! I promise you!

Oddlog grins when he hears the name Gelga. He makes an hourglass gesture with his hands and then moves close to Kirima, breathing heavy.
Kirima
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Kirima »

Oddlog smells of sweat and fish. Kirima casually makes a side-step away from the hairy man.
"Let us also hunt this G...," she remembers the Viking's reaction to the name, "this Witch."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Agreed, young Kirima." Ogtuk-luk said. "We should make sure we are well supplied, before we leave."
Kirima
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Kirima »

"Ogtuk-luk, I shall see to the provisions right away; I'll gather enough food for two weeks, or longer?"
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Two weeks should be fine. If we are out longer, we can hunt for anything else we need." Ogtuk-luk says.

Return to “Chapter 5: The Good The Bad and the Eskimo”