Page 1 of 1

The Chieftain's Spear (Faroo, Kinaktok, Unulaq)

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:21 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Faroo, Thorrin, Kinaktok and Unulaq quickly pack their belongings onto their sleds. Faroo had lost a number of his dogs to an undead plague, but Arrluk offers his own sled dogs to replace them. Just as they are about to leave, Three of the Elders approach. Elder Pamiruq is holding the chieftain’s spear in both his hands. He straps it to his son’s sled and then smiles at Kinaktok.

We have decided… One of you three will be chief to the Dorset people. Unulaq has already slain an Ijiraat bear but we all agree that Faroo and my son should be given a chance to best him.

Pamiruq eyes pass from Faroo to Unulaq and then back to Kinaktok.

Take the spear… We leave it to you three to decide who returns with it!

Re: The Chieftain's Spear (Faroo, Kinaktok, Unulaq)

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:45 am
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq frowned and muttered quietly, "Now is not the time to test our friendships and loyalties with this. We have enough to worry about." He nodded and forced a smile to his face, then called out to his dogs to get moving and gave a quick shake of the reins. He headed onward in the direction where he remembered hiding the dagger.

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:42 am
by Midnightlight
Kinaktok nods to his father before mounting his own sled and having his dogs take after Unalaq quickly. "It would be nice of you to realize that I do not care about becoming Chief, Father." escapes from his mouth in a whisper as he leaves.

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:52 am
by Ash
I will be Cheif, if you so wish it of me.

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:41 pm
by Midnightlight
Kinaktok only nods before focusing on the broad horizon.

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:20 am
by Ash
Let us leave this place and begin our quest.

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:21 pm
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq let the cold air rush at his face once more. It always served to wake him up and keep him alert in the past. He looked down a moment at Thorrin riding within the dog sled and knew that despite the head start he had, Kinaktok and Faroo would have no trouble catching up to him because of the extra 200 pounds on his sled. He hoped that the knife was still there on the beach where he left it, but he doubted it would be. If it were not, perhaps Sedna would see it in her will to leave a trail to find where Tornuaq had disappeared to.

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:22 am
by Ash
So where exactly did you leave the knife Unalaq?

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:11 pm
by DSIGFUSS

The three sleds ride heavy into the darkness of the snowy plains. Their only guide was their memory of the Thule fishing grounds where Tornuaq and Unulaq had originally found Thorrin and the Viking knife. By the will of Sedna, a hundred Beluga whales had beached themselves on the shore along with the Viking bard Thorrin. Why the goddesss took such a vested interesrt in the Norseman…. no one knows. Thorrin had betrayed his people and stolen the one thing that could lead them to the Odin’s rune.

Unulaq caught Thorrin’s eye as he turned to make sure the others were still following and he could see the weigth of the world on his shoulders. He was truly frightened. Whether for himself or his friends, the Dorset Hunter could not be certain.

A blizzard begins to fall heavily on the hunters, but time was of the essence so they pushed on through the thick cold and snow.

ooc- Everyone roll Spot hidden and Sled

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:27 pm
by ImpInTraining
dice roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2385118/]Spot (78) ; Sled (49) (1d100=50, 1d100=20)[/url] - success in both
Unalaq called out over the winds rushing past them, "It is on a beach, Sedna willing, laying where I left it buried under some stones. I had originally led Tornuaq into believing I threw it in the icy waters. Even then, he tried to retrieve it nearly freezing himself to death. You can see the importance of hiding it from him. It has some sort of call upon those who come into contact with it, beyond the point of self-preservation." He shook his head and frowned as he said "I had assumed the pull was over later and made the mistake of telling him it wasn't in the waters after all. I had no idea it still called to him. I hope he didn't find it."

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:44 am
by Ash

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:11 am
by Midnightlight
rolls,[urlhttp://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2387962/]Spot Hidden[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2387966/]Sledding[/url] Both succeed.
"He was that desperate for it?" Kinaktok calls back, urging the dogs to pull closer, Unalaq's words barely heard past the howling winds.

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:32 am
by Ash
Spoiler:
1d100=53

Sleding along hopefully

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:54 am
by DSIGFUSS
Moving at top speed, Unulaq and Kinaktok bring their sled teams to a skidding stop as they react to the danger in front of them. Thorrin tumbles off the front of Unulaq's sled and draws his sword. Just meters ahead of them, hidden in the thick blizzard walks a host of Viking. In the moonlight both Unulaq and Kinaktok catch a glimpses of the enemy before them. Horrible twisted faces and rotting flesh clothed in the metal rings and scales of the Viking warriors all turn and stare blankly at the Dorset hunters. The stench of the undead is overwhelming. The evil power that raised such creatures washes over Unulaq and Kinaktok like a thick malevolent sea.

ooc- Unulaq and Kinaktok make Sanity checks. If you pass, post normally. If you fail, you are overwhelmed with fear and cannot act.

Faroo however failed to notice the hoarde of Viking zombies. His dogs charge through the mass of writhing horror. Faroo expertly guides his team to the otherside. A short but terrifying sled ride through the center of the undead Viking army. His sled comes to a skidding hault on the other side of the hoarde.

From all around all the hunters hear the zombies groaning...

MELKOOOOOORKAAAAA! MELKOOORKAAAA! MELLLLLKOOORKKAAAAA!

ooc- The zombie hoarde is 20 feet wide and 50 feet long continuing on either side of the blizzard beyond the party's view. In this 20 foot by 50 ft square there are close to 20 zombies. Unulaq, Thorrin and Kinaktok are on one side of the zombies and Faroo is on the other. Faroo has encountered these creatures before and does not need to make a sanity check. Go!

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:32 am
by Midnightlight
As Kinaktok's eyes lay upon the horde of the undead, he drops from his sled and stares at the creatures, stunned.

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:19 am
by Ash
Faroo reaches for his spear and knife and begins to hack through the horde

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:26 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Sanity failure: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2404805/]Sanity (53%) (1d100=94)[/url] :P
Unalaq blinked, maintaining his hold on the reins as he stared at the hord of undead creatures. He had seen some strange things in the past week, but this took the cake - and his rational mind. His eye twitched and his jaw dropped in horror.

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:16 am
by DSIGFUSS
As Faroo leaps into the hoarde the zombified Vikings directly in front of him stop moving forward and regard the Dorset Hunter. A ferocity Faroo had seen before on the plains with Mannitok washes over the two directly in front of him. The rest of the zombies ahead in the twisted marching band continue walking leaving 10 or so to stand between Faroo and his Dorset brothers.

ooc- Faroo, combat rolls please. Strike, parry, damage, damage bonus (1d100, 1d100, 1d8, 1d4)
ooc - Kinaktok and Unulaq. Roll Sanity checks to act. (Thery lose 2 Sanity each) I will adjust character sheets.

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:21 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2412753/]Sanity (51%) (1d100=35)[/url] - whoo-hoo... I can act!
Unalaq pulled out his spear and charged the closest zombie creature, thrusting fiercely and squarely into the midsection of the beast impaling it in what should be a very painful attack. "What sort of creatures are these?" He asks in further disbelief... hoping someone can explain it to him in a manner he can better accept than what seems more obvious.

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:05 pm
by Midnightlight
Spoiler:
1d100 → [19] = (19)
I can act, right? If not, I'll edit my post after. How would I attack?

Kinaktok readies his bow and searches frantically for an arrow. "All I know is they smell horrid!"

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:43 am
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - These zombies are slow, so everyone gets their regular attack. Faroo gets to attack twice and parry once, since he never had to make a sanity check and has the surprise on the zombies.

ooc- Unulaq.. 1d100, 1d100, 1d8, 1d4
ooc - Faroo... 1d100, 1d100, 1d8, 1d4
ooc- Kinaktok. If you are using your bow. 1d100, 1d100, 1d6, 1d6

For those people not used to rolling for combat. The first 1d100 is to strike under your weapon skill. The second 1d100 is for parry using your weapon skill %. The next number is the damage and the last number is for your damage bonus. you might want to check to see if I guessed it right. If you are using a bow there is no damage bonus but you get two shots and no parry. Just two strikes and two damages. I have you roll everything at once to cut down on the back and forth. OK?

ooc- who had the chieftain's spear. I think Kinaktok has it. If you are forced into melee with the zombies.

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:44 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Little confused. Guess I need to roll again? I mean, I forgot to parry last time, but the numbers you're giving me are different from my character sheet. For the bone tip spear it should be 1d6+1 (+1d4 for damage bonus)... is that incorrect? Or am I suddenly using my club? Which would be 1d8+1 (+1d4 for DB). Whatever it is, if you want to roll it for me, I'm cool with it. Like if you want to speed things up (if even just for this round).

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:35 pm
by Midnightlight

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:05 am
by Ash

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:35 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:31 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Faroo lunges forward in an attemopt to reach his Dorset brothers only to be stopped by two zombies intent on devouring his brains. He thrusts his spear forward and throught he head of one of the undead Vikings. The creature slumps to the ground as if the un-life had suddenly failed him. The second zombie to Faroo's left reaches for the Dorset hunter's neck , but Faroo bats the slow swinging rotting hand aside with the blunt end of his spear.

Meanwhile, across the hoarde, Unulaq rushes in to help Faroo while Kinaktok lets loose his arrows. The first arrow barely find purchase and the second bounces harmlessly off the undead’s mummified skin. Then Unulaq crashes into the zombie line as the group swarms around Faroo. His massive whale bone club smashes against the brittle skull of the closest Viking zombie. The impact sends red-green splatter in all directions as his undead victim falls to the snow.

ooc- http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2437933/ - Unulaq's rolls

Thorrin, his gleaming steel sword at his side begins to sing.

A sjötti ÉG vita : hvenær sumir en vildi skaði mig
í rún á a rakur tré rót.
á hans höfuð einn munu ljós
en ills af en bölva þessi hann gestur á minn.

kenaz kenaz kenaz
ku ka ki ke ko
kun kan kin ken kon
ok ek ik ak uk
kaunnnnnnnnn

As soon as the words cross Thorrin's lips a zombie close to Unulaq drops and turns to human flesh. The Viking looks blue and bloated as if he had recently drowned.

ooc- Viking zombies only attack at the end of the round if they were adjacent to you at the end of the previous round. They are slow uncaring assholes.

ooc - Imp you were totally right about the numbers being wrong. I guessed and guessed wrong. I rolled for you but in general I prefer my PCs doing their own rolling to keep the idea that we are playing a game alive. If you are away I will roll. Just let me know. This time I totally didn't mind cuz of the confusion that was all my bad.

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:43 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:43 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- actions please gentlemen!

Unulaq now has two adjacent zombies.
Kinaktok-2,
Faroo -3
Thorrin -0

So whatever zombies are left of those zombies adjacent now will get an attack at the end of the round.

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:28 am
by ImpInTraining
It had been a long time since Unalaq had to worry about being attacked en mass. He knew, however, that he was quickly in danger of being surrounded if he continued forward to close the gap with Faroo. He decided against it and started backpeddaling to get closer to Thorrin and Kinaktok. He swung his mighty bone club again at the nearest zombie, but his retreat distracted his intent on attacking.

Unalaq's attack. (1d100=79, 1d100=95, 1d8+1=3, 1d4 =1)

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:19 am
by Ash
Faroo feeling outnumbered backs up onto his sled, swinging his spear as he goes to fend them off.

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhh (1d100, 1d100, 1d8, 1d4=[98], [68], [8], [1])

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:06 pm
by Midnightlight
Kinaktok falls back to his sled, even though it's a meager distance between the two undead closest to him. He readies another arrow, aiming it at on undead
Spoiler:
Zombie #5
. He readies an arrow quickly and releases it, letting it fly. As it hits, he readies one more arrow, and aims at undead beside the one he hit, letting it fly as soon as he has it aimed.
Spoiler:
Sorry for making everyone wait. On with the game! Also, in case you were confused.

Arrow 1 = Zombie 5
Arrow 2 = Zombie 6

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:57 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Faroo slashes wildly with his spear, cutting into rotting flesh but finding no purchase in his attack. For every arm or shoulder he wounds the zombies press their advance. The Dorset Hunter hops onto his sled, his dogs barking wildly to free themselves from the tethers that hold them to the sled. Faroo’s dogs had met these creatures before and had not fared well. Their eyes were filled with fear and Faroo was certain they would flee if they were released.

ooc- Faroo is on his sled. If he wants to go he must make a successful Sled roll.

On the other side of the Horde, Thorrin’s voice, beautiful and terrible as the Arctic sea, sings as his sword arcs and weaves about him. A zombie falls to the snow and reverts back to its human form. The Viking man looks up to Unulaq as he falls in front of the Dorset hunter. He was not blue and wrinkled as a drowned man might appear, but was alive.

Unulaq swings his club wide, surprised by the sudden resurrection of the Viking and his club just grazes an approaching zombie inflicting no significant wounds that might slow the creature down.

Kinaktok lets loose two arrows, the first sinks deep into the skull of the closest undead. Being no more than a few feet from the arrows release, the zombie’s feet actually lift up into the air and lands still onto the snow trailing blackish blue blood in its wake. The second arrow plants itself inside the next closest zombies chest. The zombie flitters about for a few seconds before falling onto its side and spewing out more than few gallons of brackish salt smelling water. The zombie does not move more than few inches after it falls, though it seems to stare off hungrily towards the sea.

Then the zombies push forward. As Faroo retreats for his sled, three zombies lunge for whatever flesh they can sink their teeth into. The first trips over a fellow zombie and hasn’t the presence of mind to correct himself. It tumbles onto the snow only be trampled by those zombies behind. The next two move closer to Faroo but Faroo pushes one back with his spear. The third Viking zombie sinks his teeth deep into Faroo’s shoulder just as he mounts his sled. (Faroo takes 6 damage -3 for fur armor) = 3 damage.

Attack on Faroo: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2445243/

Thorrin backs up to the sled alongside Kinaktok. Zombies rush in from all sides. The now human Viking crawls towards the sleds but is torn apart by the undead mass. He calls out for help but his cries only last for as long as his throat remains clear of rotten teeth and broken nails.

Unulaq backs up towards the sleds as well as the mass of zombies closes in. Two zombies swing wildly but only one connects just barely breaching Unulaq’s furs. (1 damage)

Attack on Unulaq: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2445299/

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:04 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:00 am
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq was in a state of disbelief. Was this how it was to end? Devoured by dead Vikings? He gave a quick glance to Thorrin encouraging the Norse man to keep it up, before he turned back and swung his mighty club for another attack. "Faroo, run!" he shouted.
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2447255/]Unalaq's attack / dodge / damage (1d100=8, 1d100=98, 1d8=2, 1d4=1)[/url]

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:55 am
by Ash
sled (1d100=86)

Faroo tries to sled out of there and fails so he makes an attempt to Parry further attacks

parry (1d100=68)

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:59 am
by Midnightlight
Kinaktok readies another arrow, aiming it dead center at one of the zombies closest to him. Letting it go as soon as it's cocked, hereadies another arrow and aims it down at the one next to it.
Spoiler:
Roll 1 = Zombie #3

Roll 2 = Zombie #4

This is not looking good?

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:13 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Faroo tries to get his sled team moving but his dogs are too distracted by the wave of zombies closing in all around them. The sled lurches forward and crashes into a large lump of rock and ice.

One zombie bites down hard on Faroo's furs but can't sink his teeth past the Dorset's armor. Another claws at Faroo's arm but the hunter pushes the rabid Viking away with his spear. The third flail aimless as Faroo sled begins to move and finds nothing but air as the sled lurches forward. With dogs barking furiously the zombies begin to move towards them instead as they had done before when Faroo last encountered them.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2456725/

Unulaq swings and his whale bone club smashes one of the zombies heads like a baby seal pup. Thorrin keeps singing and another zombie falls to the snow, another blue and bloated man in its place.

Kinaktok lets lose his first arrow and a zombie drops at his feet. The zombies are now right in Kinaktok's face and the hunter finds it difficult to draw his final arrow. he lets it loose, but a zombie scratches at his arm sending the arrow flying off above the hoarde. (The zombie digs deep into Kinaktok's skins and tears at the hunter's furs. ( 3 damage)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2456737/

ooc - Faroo make a luck check. If you fail your sled turns over. Zombies 25 18 and 10 are eating your dogs. Zombies 1,2 and 9 are now adjacent to you.

ooc - Unulaq - zombie 17 is on Thorrin, and 19 and 20 are on you.

ooc- Kinaktok - if you want to continue fring your bow you must make a DEX x5 check. zombies 4 and 16 are on you.

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:14 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - I'll update the map on Monday when i get to work. I have it on my comps there.

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:21 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:42 am
by Ash
Faroo prays
luck (1d100=66)

He attacks the zombie nearest to him. Zombie 9 to his right.

Spear Thrust.

Rahhhhh (1d100, 1d100, 1d8, 1d4=[44], [12], [5], [4])

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:24 pm
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq turns his attention on the zombie to his left (#19) and swings his great bone club with a fury.
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2461054/]Unalaq's attack (1d100=12, 1d100=29, 1d8=4, 1d4=3)[/url]

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:07 am
by Midnightlight
Spoiler:
Kinaktok struggles to feet after falling and readies his bow again. The scratch throbs and burns like a raging fire, but he does his best to steady his aim. He fires two arrows almost consecutively, first aiming for the undead creature on his left, then the one on his right.

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:21 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Kinaktok lets loose an arrow and another undead Viking falls at his feet. His second arrow sticks firmly into the next zombie's shoulder as the creature presses it's attack. The zombie scatches at Kinaktok's hides shredding a large piece of the fur and tearing the flesh uderneath the Inuit's own shoulder. (Kinaktok takes 3 damage)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2483781/

Faroo, in dire circumstances, drives his spear through the head of the closest undead. The beast slumps to the snow as another takes his place, reaching for Froo's throat. Faroo raises his spear and holds the zombie's gnashing teeth at bay. As Faroo struggles with the undead on top of him, a host of zombies finish tearing his sled dogs to pieces; their entrails lay like so many coils of rope in their rotting hands.

ooc- Faroo make a grapple check or take -20% to your next combat check and loose your parry.

Unulaq’s heavy bone comes crashing down on the closest zombie’s head, splattering blackish blood and seawater all over the Dorset Hunter’s furs. Then on his upswing Unulaq knocks a jittering undead attacker aside, preventing its teeth and claws from finding their mark on Unulaq’s flesh.

Across the battlefield, Thorin’s voice reaches each and every ear. His haunting lyrics send the minds of all who hear it reeling and rolling through various levels of terrified bliss. Another zombie falls to the snow made flesh…. his curse broken. The Viking left behind, unlike the first, has more time to react to his surroundings.. He lurches forward onto Thorrin’s legs and grips them tightly, tears of confusion and bewildered dismay filled his eyes. He screamed in horror as the zombies continued their vicious attack.

Thorrin grabs the man by the shoulder and tries desperately to drag him free, leaving Unulaq alone to fend off three of the horrific and hungry creatures As Unulaq bats the first aside, two rake their fingers across Unulaq’s legs trying desperately to take the Dorset Hunter to the ground so they may proceed with their feast.. (Unulaq takes 4 damage)

Thorrin has a panicked look in his eyes as he tries to get his fellow Viking to safety. Unulaq sees zombies heading for his sled dog, attracted to the wild barking. They will reach them soon if the problem is not addressed.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2485903/

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:36 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:22 am
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq kicked free the sled brake and called out the command to get the dogs moving. "MUSH! MUSH!" He let the sled lurch onward without them. He knew he'd have a lot better luck finding some wayward dogs than to bring them back to life after they were half digested.
ooc,let me know if I can still attack during this round.

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:45 am
by Midnightlight
Kinaktok steadies his bow again and prepares to set loose another small volley of arrows. He aims left, to the corpse in front of him, fires, and proceeds to do the same for the zombie in front of him.
OCC,Is there a limit to my arrows? I'd assume there is. Could I know how many I have? Also, can I forage for arrows from fallen zombies?

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:34 am
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - yes you may forage for arrows. I'll say you started with 32 arrows. Typical D&D style. Your arrows are mostly made from driftwood and stone or ivory. If you have a weapon skill in bow, that skill is also your bowyer/fletcher ability. You'll need to find a river or coastline to find wood though. Baffin island is the land of flat stones. Not too many trees on the snowy plains. We'll count how many you use at the end of each battle. Give Faroo a chance to post and then we'll move on with your escape from this jibbering Viking hoarde.

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am
by Ash

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:10 am
by DSIGFUSS
Kinaktok's first arrow goes flying over his target's head but the second sinks deep into the eye socket of the zombie to his right. The undead Viking falls back and pulls another to the ground moaning in protest as he tries to find purchase in his death throws.

ooc- Unulaq please roll a sled check and yes you can either attack or parry.

ooc- Faroo, the zombie on top of you will remain so. You can however, still attack without any parry. You will not be able to escape however until the zombie grappling you is killed or you make a successful grapple roll. You are in trouble!

ooc - Is Kinaktok moving?

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:28 pm
by ImpInTraining
Drive Sled - fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2500623/]Drive Dog Sled (49%) (1d100=80)[/url]
Swing Club - success,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2500624/]Swing big ass bone club (60%) (1d100=17)[/url]
Break head - success,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2500625/]Club damage (1d8+1+1d4=12)[/url]

Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:47 pm
by Midnightlight
OCC,Should I be moving? Could I kneel from my position and fire at the zombie on Faroo? Is there a chance I'd hit Faroo?

Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:17 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- Midnight - There is always a chance you might hit Faroo if you fire into open combat. If you miss horribly there is a chance. Though the zombies move slower than normal combatants that chance would be lowered. You can move freely around the zombies as well. There are no attacks of opportunity here. You just move away unless they have you. Then you must succeed at a grapple roll to escape.

ooc- Oh crap Unulaq! Man I've never seen so many failed Dog sled rolls. Nice bad ass club though.

ooc - Faroo we need your next move based on the failed grapple roll.

Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:28 am
by Ash

Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:17 am
by ImpInTraining
ooc: Incidentally, I wasn't so much trying to ride away on the sled as I was trying to help the dogs just get themselves away. So maybe the failed dog sled roll was fate keeping me straight?

Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:21 pm
by Midnightlight
OCC,If I could, I'd like to move towards the center of the map. Is that ok?

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:39 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- The failed dog sled roll in this case is to get your dogs under control so they can move according to your will. Since you fail, the dogs will react according to their own instincts.

ooc- So now Unulaq, could you please make a luck roll to decide the fate of your poor dogs. Lol

ooc- Yes Kinaktok can run wherever he likes. If he runs past a zombie there is a reduced chance that he will be able to hit you as you move past. A very reduced chance. They are slow!

Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:31 am
by Midnightlight
Kinaktok ducks his head and runs past the undead, towards the rough middle of the circle.
OCC,Kinaktok runs in between 14 and 15 and runs toward the center of the picture.

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:51 am
by ImpInTraining
Poor dogs,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2520254/]Luck for dog sled (1d100=80)[/url] - failed.

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:22 am
by Ash
Faroo fails to grapple so he reaches for his knife and stabs the nearest zombie.

1d100=23

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:29 am
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - Zombies 21 29 and 30 move in on Unulaq's dogs.
ooc- Zombies 19 22 and 23 are still attacking Unulaq
ooc - Zombies 15 swings at Kinaktok
ooc- Zombies 24 and 27 move in to attack |Kinaktok but will not attack til next round.
ooc- Zombie 26 attacks Thorrin as he attempts to drag the confused resurected Viking to safety
ooc- zombie 4 attacks the newly resurected Viking soldier
ooc- zombie 4 attacks the newly resurected Viking soldier
ooc - Vikings 32 33 and 34 move in towards Unulaq's sled.
ooc - Vikings 27 28 and also move into Unulaqs sled

ooc- Zombies 1 and 2 try to bite Faroo. They now both have a hold on him.
ooc -Zombies 10, 18, 25 and 31continue to feast on Faroo's dogs

Kinaktok ducks under the slow swing of the closest zombified Viking and into the open snow between the two separate undead hordes readying his bow to fire a volley. Two zombies already commited to Kinaktok lumber behind the Dorset tactician but fail to close the distance before Kinaktok raises his bow.

Unulaq swings his bone club in a fierce arc smashing the head of the closest zombie as if it were a hide water skin filled with blood and sea water. The undead humor splashes over the snow and the zombie falls limp at Unulaq's feet. As Unulaq finishes his swing he can't help but see the horror that unfolds about his sled team. Three zombies tear into his lead dog, ripping into his stomach and pulling free the tangled fleshy ropes within. Two dogs leap to their pack leader's defence but their teeth tear at skin that holds no strength and inflict damage to the undead attackers. Another dog whines with fear as three more approach the canine smorgasborg. The dog's reins are now so incredibly tangled that any forward movement on their part would seem imposssible. Then Unulaq is quickly reminded of the danger he is in. Two zombies reach for his throat. One gets caught on the bedding and supplies stacked onto his sled but the other bites down on his left arm. Unulaq takes 3 damage.

Thorrin begins to drag the healed Viking away from the slaughter as he cries out in his native tongue. A zombie falls to the snow and bites hard into the Norseman's calf and holds the leg with a vice like grip, salivating bile and unearthly spittle as he climbs his way up the Vikings chest. Thorrin drops his comrade and draws his sword singing in low rumbling murmors.

fehu fehu fehu
f f f f f f f f f
fu fa fi fe fo
of ef if af uf
f f f f f f f f f

Meanwhile two zombies clawed at faroo, trying to sink their teeth into the Dorset hunter and tracker. Faroo stabs his bone knife into the neck of one, doing little to harm the creature. The second bites down and through Faroo's furs finding purchase on the meat of his shoulder. The pain is hot and sharp. Faroo takes 5 damage. Faroo's own dogs are now fodder for the zombies ahead of him. Their yelps die quicky as the four zombies tear them apart and in a state of clumsy euphoria begin to suck the marrow from their bones. More appear to have joined the feast as the line of zombies from the west smell the blood and approach to ease their hunger.

ooc- I'll put up another map tommorrow.
I need combat rolls for everyone.
Unulaq has 2 zombies on him. Soon to be 5 on his dogs. ( 1 is dead and 4 are freaked out)
Kinaktok is open in the center. There are two zombies charging him but will not get to attack Kinaktok to next round.
Faroo has two zombies on him. In order to escape you must make two successful grapples. You can still stab with your knife.
Faroos dogs are gored!!!! :evil:

Kinaktoks dogs and sled seem to be untouched though the dogs are definitely panicked.

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:58 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:50 am
by ImpInTraining
"RUN!" Unalaq commanded Thorrin and hoped the man understood as he waved him off with a hand. "RUN!" he called again across the battlefield. There was no way they would beat the odds here without some sort of help. "Meet up later! Keep heading to the water!"

Unalaq grabbed on to the other Viking's arm, the one just previously healed, and helps tries to help escape the massacre, hoping against hope that they could run faster than the lumbering zombies.
ooc,passing up on my attack to try to escape. Should I roll dodge or something?

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:09 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - yes. A successful dodge will allow you to avoid all adjacent attacks.

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:38 am
by ImpInTraining
Dodge - success,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2673917/]Dodge (50%) (1d100=5)[/url]
Call me, Mr. Dexterity!

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:08 am
by Ash
Faroo makes two grapples and fails the second. Is he dead meat at last?

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:32 am
by DSIGFUSS

ooc - I think I lost Kinaktok. L

Kinaktok fires two arrows into the slow moving head of the approaching zombified Viking and it stumbles to the snow, brackish sea water oozing from its wounds. Kinaktok takes advantage of his freedom of movement and runs south east towards the sea as Unulaq had suggested. Once out of reach, he stops and notches another arrow, hoping to help Faroo in the face of an overwhelming horde.

Unulaq drags the cured Viking as he flails about, desperately trying to get his bearings of his new surroundings. His eyes are wide with terror from the shock of being suddenly resurrected and now surrounded by his blood thirsty kin.

Thorrin smiles grimly at Unulaq and waves his sword in a flurry of motions, half sword play and half dance, the bard’s blade cuts through the undead like hot bone through blubber. Sensing the intentions of the zombie ahead of him he then slashes at the reigns connecting the remaining sled dogs to the sled. The dogs tore away from the zombies and sped off into the dark.

All eyes then turned to Faroo as one of the zombies tore into his shoulder coming up with no less than a pound of flesh. (8 damage.) Faroo howled in pain and scrambled for safety. He was able to momentarily free himself from the undead Viking with half his shoulder in his stench filled mouth but the second pulled him closer... clawing at his legs and biting into his thigh through his thick hides. (4 damage) Faroo was helpless to escape. In horror filled agony, two more of the zombies closed in tearing at his chest and neck

, removing precious flesh and bone as if it had never belonged to Faroo. (6 damage) As if his frail form was meant for massacre at the hands of these undead demons.

Then finally.. Faroo’s screaming ceased and the sounds of tearing and crunching were all that was heard from the young hunter the venerable Qannaq had once said held so much potential.

Rolls.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2723553/

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:37 am
by ImpInTraining
"RUN!" Unalaq exclaimed to the Norse men, knowing they didn't understand him... but hoping they'd follow his lead. He started running to distance himself from the zombie hoardes. He knew it wasn't the bravest thing to do, but fighting that number against them was a fool's errand. Now he sought only to find safety from them, or a defendable position where they might stand a fighting chance.

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:26 am
by DSIGFUSS
Unulaq and the now panicked Norseman race away from the frenzied zombie horde. The Dorset hunter has little to no trouble outrunning the undead Vikings and soon they turn back to the center of the combat to feast on the fallen sled dogs and Faroo. Kinaktok runs in the opposite direction and he too clears the horde in no time at all. After freeing the dogs, Thorrin slashes again at an approaching zombie, beheading the creature with his ensorcelled blade. He then sprints over the fallen corpse and joins Unulaq grabbing the free shoulder of the raised Viking to speed Unulaq’s progress away from the chaos of the horde.

When all is finished, Thorrin and Unulaq come to rest close to 100 feet away from zombies. He cannot see Kinaktok but at last sight the Dorset strategist was in the clear. They had lost all three of their sleds to the Viking zombies. What dogs had escaped, there was no sight of them.

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:50 pm
by ImpInTraining
Exhausted and frustrated, Unalaq fell to his knees and cried out in anguish to the skies above. He knelt there for a while, panting, recovering his breath, and trying to fathom what had just happened. The image of Faroo fallen in battle would haunt him for the rest of his days.

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:31 am
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- Unulaq Roll Spot Hidden

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:41 am
by ImpInTraining
Spot Hidden - Success!,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2751337/]Spot Hidden (70 or 78%) (1d100=26)[/url] - can't remember what that +8% was for next to that stat... but it doesn't matter.

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:27 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The snowfall slows for a brief moment and under the light of the near full moom, Unulaq spots Kinaktok limping away from the zombie horde with three of the undead demons on his tail and gaining ground. Kinaktok appears to be injured. Ahead of Kinaktok, a hundred feet or more, Unulaq swears he sees the silouette of a woman dancing. Then, once again, a flurry of snow picks up around the Dorset Hunter and the image is lost to him.

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:31 am
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq pointed in the direction of the dancing woman and said "We should go that way." He knew the Norse men probably didn't understand him, but he didn't really think about it. He hoped to head off the zombies that were tailing Kinaktok.

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:48 pm
by Midnightlight
ooc - Sorry for being gone so long guys. Did you miss me?

Kinaktok continue to struggle forward, the cold winds hampering his own vision. He risks a look back, stopping for a moment.

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:16 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Here is a basic map. Showing everyones locations.

Kinaktok has not seen the dancing girl. Roll Spot Hidden to see her.

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:53 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Holy smokes, that's a lot of Zombies. I'm going to assume getting around them is out of the question. What do the arrows represent? Wind direction? Or are the hoards of zombies actually travelling somewhere?

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:36 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Yes, the hoard of zombies is moving east. It's been pretty blizzardy out there so you could not really see an end to their numbers. Upon first glance it appeared as though they were moving in a long chain. When the snow broke for a short tim and Unulaq saw the dancing girl in the distance, Unulaq could see that the zombie hoarde was close to 100. You guys killed like 15 or so in the battle. There is an end to them though just not right in front of you. Going around them woul take 2-3 turns. If you want run through them. You would need to make 5 successful dodge/parries. to avoid getting hit and dragged into zombie warfare tactics. :)

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:44 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,and the dagger we seek is still off to the south, right? Seeing as how the zombies don't seem to be chasing us, I can safely assume we are not being spotted right now. I'm not prone to battle with a bunch of undead, not in this game system where the combat system doesn't favor the heroes. So our options are either head east a ways, then cut across behind the parade of zombies and head back north-west to see if we can locate the dancing girl, or we can continue south and forget about all this nonsense. Just out of curiousity, does Unalaq know what is off to the west from here that the zombies might be all interested in?
Curiosity got the better of Unalaq. They'd have waited this long for the dagger, they could wait a little longer. He simply must find out what was going on with the dancing girl, and help Kinaktok if at all possible. He directed the two Norse men east-south-east to parallel the zombie parade and cut across once they had all made their way past.

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:49 pm
by DSIGFUSS
OOC,I should have specified. the dancing girl and Kinaktok is south. The map is flipped. Just how I made the encounter. Works out though cuz you want to go that way anyways. :) I'm assuming that you wanted to run "right" around the zombies after the horde walks past you. I'm hoping Midnightlight posts soon. I should give him a chance considering how long I took.
Thorrin seems to get the idea immediately from Unulaq's frantic but precise hand gestures. He says something in Nordic to the other Viking and he nods. The Viking bends presses his wound and motions for the two to leave him.

Thorrin and Unulaq dart south west keeping their distance from the horde. The snow was thick but Unulaq's keen hunter eyes could see the end of the zombie parade a short distance to the west. Additionally the horde was thinning near its edge.
ooc,IF you want to cut through now you only need to make two dodges or three parrys to avoid the horde. :evil: It will save you 2 full rounds of running to get to Kinaktok.

ooc- If I mistook your meaning when you ran please correct me and I will change the post.

The map should look like this for directions..

--- S
E------W
--- N

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:07 pm
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq considers the risky move of cutting across now that the hoard has thinned out some. He knows he could probably avoid their slow attacks easily enough, but he had to think about others as well. The Viking the had picked up was wounded, and perhaps not as agile as Unalaq. So he elected to proceed with caution and continue around to the end of the zombie parade.

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:03 pm
by Midnightlight
Kinaktok continues to struggle south, knowing full well that he was still being trailed by the living remains. His mind was racing so quickly, he still managed to realize that his chances for survival would be much better should he do his best to join up with the survivors of the last skirmish. Not wanting to be killed, Kinaktok still moved south, as fast as he could, minding his pain as it came along.
Spoiler:
Sorry guys. Just been a bit busy is all. I will most likely be around though!

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:40 am
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - Kinaktok. Please make a DEX x5 check (80%) and a Spot hidden check (60%)

ooc - Thorin and Unulaq are going around the zombie horde. They will be safe but it will be 2-4 rounds before they reach Kinaktok depending on how Kinaktok fairs.

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:00 pm
by DSIGFUSS
OOC- OK! I think I lost Kinaktok. So I'll take it from here.

ooc- Pass DEX x5 and failed spot hidden check. roll : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3090111/

With his wounds, Kinaktok still manages to keep ahead of the lumbering Viking zombies but not by much. Every time the undead seem to be gaining on the Dorset strategist, Kinaktok finds some reserve energy and forces himself forward ahead of the creatures.

Meanwhile.. Unulaq and Thorrin race across the snowy plains looking for an end to the horde. The zombies don’t seem to be bothered by the pair as long as they keep there distance.

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:09 pm
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq was glad they didn't have to deal with more of the zombies... but he wondered if it was because they simply weren't being seen by the zombies, or if there were some other driving force. With a shrug, he continued to push on looking for the end of the gory parade.

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:23 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- roll spot hidden

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:55 pm
by ImpInTraining
Assuming you meant me,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3102581/]Spot Hidden(78%) (1d100=74)[/url] I succeeded.

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:23 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Unulaq spots two figures in the distance through the falling snow. One is female and he swears it is the Dorset tribe's Shaman Yuralria. She is dancing provocatively atop a mighty drift of snow. Another figure is charging towards the undead hoard amassing around Unulaq with a gleaming metal sword in hand.

Then as if to distract him from the confusion swirling about him, Unulaq hears a soft pushing sound as if the air had been suddenly drawn from a seal skin pouch. The snow seems to dance at their feet as it slides slowly north along the surface of the plains. The air is then suddenly stilled, casting a suspicious silence. A strange humming begins to rise as the northern lights stretch quickly across the sky like an ethereal ribbon floating in the long dark silky hair of the goddess. The greens and whites of the aurora borealis flash and blink their understanding with amazing purpose and wondrous insight. All can’t help but stare and understand as force filled waves of blinding clarity wash over all who bare witness to the lights.

A mountain then appears in the sky, made from the fiery green ribbons the sky dwellers craft like carvings in bone. It is Sivanitirutinguak. A river flows from the sea and into its base, an unnatural force to be certain. It was as though the gods themselves were pushing the water from the shores of Qikiqtaaluk or pulling the river from the root of the Sivanitirutinguak.

A longing passes over Unualq as if his mother were calling them home to the mountain. A home long forgotten but as warm and familiar as any hut they had ever laid their skins and a mother perhaps not forgotten but surely missed. He looks to his left and sees that Thorrin is staring up at the sky as well with a similar look on his Viking face.

Then the snow begins to rise in the north for miles around them. The snow lifts from the ground in much the same manner as it had fallen in large sullen flakes… The image of Sivanitirutinguak is soon covered by a blanket of thick drifting snow that seems to be picking up a speed as it floats effortlessly north. And then with a sudden flash of green and white, the drifting snow thunders towards them. The line of undead monstrosities fall to the snow in cascading mounds of rotting flesh. Each viking zombie returns to the death from which it had been torn away.

The snow thickens and washes over everything in its path until there is nothing but blackness and cold visions of starless skies.

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:24 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Everyone please make a 1d100 Sanity roll and post your roll here. I will check to see if you pass or fail as there are penalties associated with the vision you just experienced.

Then Proceed to Chapter 6 when it is ready.

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:54 pm
by ImpInTraining
Unalaq attributes what he sees to the powers of the Shaman, respectfully... and doesn't overthink it.
Sanity check - success,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3910414/]sanity (53%) (1d100=50)[/url]