Chapter 2: Synopsis

At long last the Stars are almost Right. Soon Nyarlathotep's plans will come to fruition. Then the world will be changed irrevocably -- but not quite yet. Pesky human investigators have learned much, but can they survive long enough to make sense of what they know?

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Chapter 2: Synopsis

Post by Raiko »

This is a copy of the chapter two part of the main synopsis on the wiki.

I'm going to make sure that I keep the wiki timeline up to date throughout this chapter, I'll also make one post per game day in this thread (cutting and pasting text from the wiki).

The wiki timeline is a better place to look though, as is fully hyperlinked to the rest of the wiki article (npcs, locations, etc).

List of Events in Chapter Two

Tuesday 27th January 1925
  • Arrival in Liverpool
Wednesday 28th January 1925
  • A Train to London
  • Egyptian Murders?
  • Andrei's Leaving?
  • The Euston Station Hotel
  • The Ritz
  • The Penhew Foundation
  • The Scoop
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Re: Chapter 2: Synopsis

Post by Raiko »

Tuesday 27th January 1925

Arrival in Liverpool
The SS Devonian arrives at the port of Liverpool, in Northwest England, delayed by a full day due to the storm. Andrei has not been seen by the others since he witnessed Elizabeth and Timour at the Eclipse Party. He spent the rest of the voyage locked in his cabin studying the notes of Jackson Elias.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Wednesday 28th January 1925

A Train to London
The investigators travel from Liverpool's Lime Street Station to London Euston, aboard the Merseyside Express. Andrei continues to sulk during the four and half hour train journey, creating an uncomfortable atmosphere in the compartment.

Egyptian Murders?
Arriving in London the investigators learn of another set of serial killings. The story of the Egyptian Murderer's 25th victim is on the front page of The Times.

Andrei's Leaving?
Andrei announces that he will be staying at the Euston Station Hotel, while the rest of the investigators are preparing to board taxis to The Ritz. He marches off to his hotel without looking back, Maksim chases after him. Everyone else departs for The Ritz.

The Euston Station Hotel
I'll add details here if and when everyone is reunited!

The Ritz
The rest of the party have afternoon tea at the Ritz while waiting for Maksim to turn up. Eventually, when Maks never appears they split into two teams: Johnny and Timour will hire a fast car and then check out The Scoop newspaper, mentioned in Jackson's 'London Notes', while Elizabeth and Caroline visit the Penhew Foundation.

The Penhew Foundation

The Scoop
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Thursday 29th January 1925

Tewfik's Spice Shop, 3pm
Caroline, Nethaniel, Gwen and the Rukov Twins stake out Tewfik's Spice Shop briefly before Nethaniel, Timour and Gwen enter the store to meet Tewfik whereupon Timour swipes a black book by the cash register and Gwen gets an appointment with Tewfik to discuss Egypt at 10.30AM at a tea shop across from the British Museum. Maksim and Caroline faux-flirt under a lamp post and wait for Tewfik to leave so that Maksim and Timour can tail him - he takes them to the Blue Pyramid Club in Soho. Gwen, Caroline and Nethaniel burgle the property but don't leave soon enough - a truck arrives with a bunch of cultists who kidnap Gwen. Caroline and Nethaniel barely escape, hopping into Maksim's car as the daring Rukov duo return.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/

Return to “Raiko's Masks of Nyarlathotep Game”