OOC: Chapter 2 - LONDON, Starts 28th Jan 1925

At long last the Stars are almost Right. Soon Nyarlathotep's plans will come to fruition. Then the world will be changed irrevocably -- but not quite yet. Pesky human investigators have learned much, but can they survive long enough to make sense of what they know?

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: OOC: Chapter 2 - LONDON, Starts 28th Jan 1925

Post by Raiko »

We had a big family get-together this last weekend, so I've not had chance to contact people yet, but I should be PM/IM/emailing all the other players later today.
Once I know who's interested (or not) I'll try to get the game going again. :)

Gomez looks like he's getting his game going now, but I'll PM him as well.

In the event that the other game stalls after a few months, as PbP sometimes does, and mine carries on after London, you could alway rejoin this game in the next chapter.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Quick update:

I'm now sure that I'll be restarting this game, as enough of the existing players are onboard.
My initial target will be to make sure that we have a satisfactory conclusion to the London chapter, but I hope that the game will continue beyond there.
I'm hoping to be a position to post most weekdays when there are posts to answer, but I've sometimes struggled with that in the past, so I'll probably aim for a more relaxed pace this time of one or two posts per thread per week by me. Hopefully we will all always have time to keep up that way.

If I'm ever off line for more than a couple of days I'll use PMs, emails, etc to make sure everyone knows that I'm back.

So far I know that the following players are interested in continuing:
Laraqua, DSIGFUSS, Coffee Demon, rbiddle (who missed out on Gomez's game starting).

SuAside is undecided, Mr Handy is in Gomez's new game and I've not heard from Decrepit yet

I'll wait another few days to see if Decrepit replies, and in the meantime I'll update Imme and Grafster with the current situation, they were both too busy before, but with a slower pace they might be interested on looking in at the conclusion of the chapter. Mr Handy dropping out means that their thread now has no active player characters, so it should be easy for me to get Johnny and Elizabeth to the right place at the right time. :)

I'm concentrating on getting this story told to the best of my ability for the existing players, so I won't be recruiting any new players until at least the conclusion of this chapter, I'm happy and able to continue even if we only have the four players who're already committed.

If Decrepit replies to my messages then I should be restarting the game this week, if not then I'll resume anyway next Monday. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Another update:

Imme has been in touch with me, sadly she's too busy to rejoin us. This is more or less as expected, as she was very busy last time and planning to drop out at the end of the chapter. I'll work something out with Coffee Demon to make sure that Andrei we find the best way for Andrei's story to be told. Elizabeth will be an NPC until the end of the chapter.

I've finally actually been writing up a decent synopsis of this chapters events! It doesn't go into too much detail, but does cover all events, and once it's posted I'll include hyperlinks to the relevant forum posts for the start of each event. :)

I'm working from memory to start with, but I think I remember everything. I'm currently almost up to where we were when we resumed last October, so most of the chapter is done.

I hope to be ready to post the updated synopsis tomorrow. Then I'll look into what I can do to summarise chapter 1. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Had to leave work at lunchtime on Thursday, and had a day off yesterday, so i didn't get to spend that lunchtime finishing the synopsis. I'm planning to do some more work on it this evening though. So should definitely be ready for strting the game back up on Monday.

I'll PM, IM & email you all when I've put the first new IC posts up. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Just finish a first draft updated synopsis, which I've posted.

I'll get the first new IC posts up at around the same time tomorrow, possibly sooner if I get time to post from home tonight :)
Last edited by Raiko on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed dice roller test! Do not use for now.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Posted in the Penhew Foundation thread, will post in the Soho thread later today.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'll post in the Soho thread tomorrow at lunchtime instead. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've posted in the Soho thread now.

I'm going to aim to post in at least one of the IC threads each day so long as you're waiting for me to reply.

When I have time I'll post in both. If I'm ever away for more than a couple of days I'll send out PMs / emails after posting so you know I'm back.

If anyone will struggle to post at least twice a week then let me know and I'll slow the game down if needed.

@Coffee: riddle won't be able to post until tomorrow, so I'll wait until then to post again.

@Decrepit & SuAside: I'll try to avoid treating your characters as NPCs for at least another couple of posts as I'm unsure if you're rejoining. I'll only post on your behalf once Coffee Demon or Rbiddle are waiting for you to post.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by SuAside »

Aw chucks, guess I'm back in for the time being...
But I'm not making the same commitment as before (meaning that I might quit at some point, not that I won't post enough).

Also going on holidays from 10th til 17th oct. Hiking & motorcross/enduro on Cyprus.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

SuAside wrote:Aw chucks, guess I'm back in for the time being...
But I'm not making the same commitment as before (meaning that I might quit at some point, not that I won't post enough).

Also going on holidays from 10th til 17th oct. Hiking & motorcross/enduro on Cyprus.
Thanks for coming back. :)
And no problem if you decide to quit later. I'm happy playing out the rest of this chapter, even if it ends up with only one active player.

Once the London Chapter is over, I'll continue with anyone who's interested, and will recruit fresh players if needed to bring the numbers on to at least 4-5.

Rbiddles let me know that he's a little too busy at the moment, so Helen is an NPC again, she'll remain available for Rbiddle if he changes his mind, so long as she's alive and sane.

I've got a bit of free time this week, so I'll make another post in each IC thread. At the same time I'm tidying up my PMs, the synopsis and the character sheets so that I've hopefully got things in a better state for continuing play. :)

Friday's will probably be my worst day for posting, as I rarely work a full day and tend to spend the day rushing round doing real-life stuff.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've managed to spend some time this weekend reading though some of the older stuff, including pages that I'd rescued from the old wiki. I think that I've got enough details to put together a more comprehensive synopsis/timeline later in the week. The only period that appears to be poorly done at the moment is the time after your visit to Erica Carlyle’s house (where Timour had his devastating dream), and your departure from the USA. This period included brief visits to Boston and Arkham for most of the investigators, while Johnny led some cultists to Chicago before doubling back and meeting the others in Boston. Timour recoved and rejoined the rest in Arkham.

I'll review the IC threads and my PMs for these periods, and fill in the blanks. Then the wiki-formatted text just needs tweaking into bbcode and reposting here. :)

I've also been looking back over the Mythos related research that Andrei and Nethaniel have completed during the game (and prior to it in Nethaniel's case). I'll update Coffee & DISFUSS about exactly what each character had done ASAP, again this should be later this week. I admit that I got a little sidetracked with this as I’ve purchased the current version of the Miskatonic University sourcebook as a pdf since we last handled Mythos research – I’d been using a friend’s copy of an older edition at the time. The newer edition contains the better Mythos research rules that DSIGFUSS or Coffee Demon had asked me to use at the time.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by coffee demon »

Sounds good, Raiko!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

I'm liking the posts thus far!

If you'd like, Raiko, I could run both twins. I've played with Timour for awhile and I'm always present so it might allow some continuity of play if his newest player isn't still with us.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Thanks, I'm enjoying posting again. :)

And it's okay, SuAside is playing Timour again. :)

Rbiddle was playing Helen, an NPC turned PC. She can just be an NPC again unless rbiddle returns.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Cool. SuAside would play a better Timour than me.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Laraqua wrote:Cool. SuAside would play a better Timour than me.
I'll try. ;)
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

I'll be out of the country for a lil' over a week. It's unlikely that I'll be able to post.

See you on the other side.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Ahh, Europeans. Getting out of the country must be such a frequent and fun activity.

Australians travel often but its so rarely cheap due to airfares alone! Probably why we so often stroll as tourists through third world nations.

Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

SuAside wrote:I'll be out of the country for a lil' over a week. It's unlikely that I'll be able to post.

See you on the other side.
Have a great time! :)
Coffee Demon is also away for a week, so your thread will be on hold for a few days.
Laraqua wrote:Ahh, Europeans. Getting out of the country must be such a frequent and fun activity.

Australians travel often but its so rarely cheap due to airfares alone! Probably why we so often stroll as tourists through third world nations.
It's easy and relatively cheap for Europeans to travel around Europe, especially in the age of budget airlines. :) but sadly many of the places we Europeans would really like to visit are actually around your side of the globe! ;)
So then we face the same problems with high airfares. :'(
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Like where?

Return to “Raiko's Masks of Nyarlathotep Game”