Pub Visits: Jones, Elizabeth, & Johnny

At long last the Stars are almost Right. Soon Nyarlathotep's plans will come to fruition. Then the world will be changed irrevocably -- but not quite yet. Pesky human investigators have learned much, but can they survive long enough to make sense of what they know?

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Pub Visits: Jones, Elizabeth, & Johnny

Post by Laraqua »

New Scotland Yard - Victoria Embankment
9:22pm - Thursday 29th January, 1925

Jones gathers up Downing and her friend and sends a constable out to fetch a car. It doesn't take long before one is brought around and they can safely get inside. There's no sign of any gunmen on the road at least. Perhaps for now they are safe. More likely the gunmen simply had to flee for fear of being caught by the police. There's still several constables milling about, interviewing witnesses and flagging down cars.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Pub Visits: Jones, Elizabeth, & Johnny

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Jones to the constable. "Mr. Wong, would you please drive? As before, I can ride shotgun, and Miss Downing can sit in the back. Do either of you know the route to the pub, or just its address? I think the sooner we leave, the better."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Euston Station
9:36pm - Thursday 29th January, 1925

Wong takes the wheel of the car and heads toward Euston Station, the Railway Inn, and they drive in silence with Elizabeth merely mentioning that they may need to wait because they were meant to be there by noon tomorrow. After a short period of time, Johnny's chosen rendezvous point can be seen a hundred yards ahead. There is space to park on the street nearby and Wong eases the car into a space.

Inside the Railway Inn is noisy and crowded, the air thick with tobacco smoke and the smell of ale and sweat; a sign on the door announces that rooms are available. There's no sign of any of the others inside. There is a small, scruffy and well used pin-board tucked away inside a cosy side room where three patrons sit playing dominoes by a blazing coal fire. The board mostly contains notices about the pub's darts league, and small advertisements for local businesses, plus an appeal for athletic players for a local amateur football team (all ages welcome), though there may be something else there.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Maybe your friends left a message for you here," says Jones, looking through the bulletin board carefully. "We could also leave one for them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"That's Maksim's handwriting," says Miss Downing, pointing to one hastily handwritten note. She exhales, relief evident on her face. She really hadn't known what to expect when she arrived here. Cultists? Her friend's dead body? No word from anyone and nothing but a long wait that eventuated in a lonely lack of knowledge? This, however, was something at least. They had been here. They would return.
Found Gwen's location.
Gone for books.
Back later.
MR.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Ah, yes," says Jones, "MR for Maksim Rukov. It seems he'll return here once he's retrieved whatever books he's talking about. That shouldn't take too long, so perhaps we should await him here. What can you tell me about Gwen?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Not a lot," said Miss Downing. "I met her shortly after she had been rescued from the British Museum. She's a friend of Nethaniel's. She...." She turns pale, memories of that hotel room scene pressing upon her mind. "The cult took her." She takes a deep, shuddering breath. "The Black Pharoah cult.... I wasn't there but some of the others were. When they arrive I'm sure they can tell you some more. Right now I would love to have a cup of coffee or even tea."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Of course, Miss Downing," says Jones, signaling for the bartender by raising a finger. "I'd be happy to buy some for you, and for Mr. Wong. I could use a cuppa myself." He knows all too well what these killers are capable of doing and is glad that Elizabeth doesn't know all of the grisly details. Still, he is not without hope. "There is still a chance, if we can reach her in time. They obviously wanted her alive for some reason, which means we can still save her, and your friends seem quite adept at rescuing damsels in distress."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Maksim Rukov enters the pub with a stranger in tow. The Russian looks around briefly before his eyes latch onto Elizabeths, darkening when he gives Jones a sideways glance. Miss Downing gives a sad little smile and raises a hand in a feminine greeting.

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Mikey stays in the back, waiting for introductions, but he recognizes Jones.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Good to see you again, Mr. Rukov," says Detective Sergeant Jones. While he knows it's likely to be Maksim based on the note, he can't be completely certain which of the twins he's addressing; after all, his brother could have entered ahead of him. "No worries, we're all on the same side here. Won't you please introduce me to your friend?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Maksim looks across at the man. "Uh, what was your name again? This guy is ... Detective...." Maksim looks confused and dour. "Sorry. Long day."

"This is Detective Sergeant Jones," says Elizabeth smoothly, recognising which Rukov brother it was from both the absence of a moustache and his general demeanour. "This is my assistant, Johnny Wong and I am Miss Elizabeth Downing. How do you do?"

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Hey there, I'm Mikey." Mikey replies.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Hello, Mikey" says Jones. "How do you do? I gather from the note on the board that you've found out where your friend Gwen has been taken. We may still be able to rescue her, but we'll need to move both quickly and intelligently. What have you learned?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

As if on cue, the door opens a third time to admit four more individuals. Timour Rukov, a more muscular version of Maksim who sported a handsome moustache, Caroline looking nervous and visibly relaxing as she spotted and waved to Elizabeth, Andrei Zatisov who seemed more confused and subdued than ever, and an unfamiliar woman who followed them.

Timour Rukov crossed the pub to join them. "Ah, we have some extra reinforcements. Good. Let's go get our cars and attack this Gavigan in his home. We've wasted enough time. We need to save Gwen."

Maksim gives the others an apologetic look. "We shouldn't talk in here anyway. We'd be better off talking in the cars. Maybe put someone from each team in each car?" He sighs. "Then again I've only got Nethaniel (he says that word with extreme irritation) and Yaleesha."

"Excellent brother, you brother the dancer," said Timour, clapping him on the shoulder. "I'll have her in my car. She can explain to me what you've found."

"We're not going to assault anything without a proper conversation," says Elizabeth. "But you're right that we shouldn't discuss things here. We'll book a hotel room and have a quick chat."

Timour glares at her. "Time's wasting. Gwen will die."

"Please let me introduce Detective Jones," says Johnny pointedly.

"That won't be a problem," says Andrei gloomily. "He only needs to read the books and then he will understand."

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

ooc,do I know where Gwen is?
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Is there enough time for me to read the books?" asks Jones. "We do need to rescue Gwen quickly. I could read them during ride up to Gavigan's estate, if that's where she is; I'll just need to bring an electric torch. I may also be able to arrange some police backup. Inspector Barrington and I had actually been planning to head up there this evening, and we'll be bringing about half a dozen armed constables with us, hopefully Flying Squad chaps. The Inspector and I intend to take the lead and act as though it's a social call, with the men and anyone else coming with us hanging back out of sight - but not out of earshot. He wanted to bring Miss Downing and Mr. Wong along, but I think he'll be open to the rest of you coming too."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"I don't know no Gwen," Mikey responds, "but if she is being held by these Egyptian a-holes, I'm all up for helping save her."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Timour grins and claps his hands together, ignoring the sour look from the more cautious Maksim and the weary look from Elizabeth. "Great. No time like the present. That Yaleesha gal can come in my car."

"All right," says Elizabeth. "You're right in that we've delayed too long. We have three cars and each is driven by Timour, Maksim and Detective Jones so.... Timour's car can have Johnny, Nethaniel, Maksim's car can have myself, Caroline, and Mike. Detective Jones' car can have Andrei, Yaleesha, and the lady to whom I have yet to be introduced." She looks at Helen. "I'm sorry. I don't know your name?"

"My name is Helen," says the other woman who stands back a bit from the group.

Timour looks a little disgruntled that Yaleesha won't be in his car but he doesn't disagree, hoping to get the cars on the road and back into the action without hours of endless bickering slowing things down.

"Are we agreed?" asks Elizabeth.

"We had a hostage, Menkhepher, mentioned some Irish buggers might sell us some guns," says Nethaniel, casting Maksim a sideways glance.

"Where is he?" asks Timour, his voice rising with anger.

"Gone," says Maksim simply, with a shrug.

Yaleesha merely shudders.

Timour gives Maksim an incredulous look and queries him in Russian, "Are you insane? We could have plucked further information from him. I should've been the one to kill him myself!"

Maksim gives him a level look and responds in Russian. "He had told us everything he could tell us. When the fog came, it was either him or us."

Now it's Andrei's turn to shudder.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Menkhepher was the bartender at the Blue Pyramid Club, I presume," says Jones. "It's, ah, too bad he got away." From everyone's reactions he suspects that the man is dead, but he does not want to press too hard for fear they might spell it out. "I'll need to stop back at the Yard to pick up the Inspector and the men. He's had enough time that they should already be assembled when I get back."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Raiko's Masks of Nyarlathotep Game”