At Scotland Yard - Jones, Elizabeth & Johnny

At long last the Stars are almost Right. Soon Nyarlathotep's plans will come to fruition. Then the world will be changed irrevocably -- but not quite yet. Pesky human investigators have learned much, but can they survive long enough to make sense of what they know?

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

At Scotland Yard - Jones, Elizabeth & Johnny

Post by Raiko »

New Scotland Yard - Victoria Embankment
8:25pm - Thursday 29th January, 1925

The drive to Scotland Yard takes a little over ten minutes, it has started to rain which means the "pea-souper" fog is finally clearing.

As Jones leads Elizabeth and Johnny into the building the Duty Sergeant (Meadows) hands him a note, "Inspector Barrington phoned about five minutes ago, he left you this message."

The Note wrote: FAO Sgt Jones,

Phone Call from Insp Barrington at 20:19 -- 29[sup]th[/sup] Jan.

Phoned Gavigan, not at home tonight, at his country house for two days.

Heading over there tonight to clear up this mess.

Raiko
Admin
Admin

Re: At Scotland Yard - Jones, Elizabeth & Johnny

Post by Raiko »

OOC,Feel free to head off to other locations if you wish, don't feel that you need to stick around at The Yard
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, Meadows," says Jones, pocketing the note. "I don't suppose he mentioned the address or telephone number of the country house, in case I need to reach him?" To Elizabeth and Johnny he said. "I'll drop off the evidence for analysis first. The sooner they start, the sooner they'll finish. We can also get your prints for elimination while we're at it. Then I'll requisition what I need and finish the interview. We have tea and biscuits if you like."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Mr. Handy wrote:"I don't suppose he mentioned the address or telephone number of the country house, in case I need to reach him?"
"I think it's probably on file from earlier in the investigation. I'll have someone dig it out for you straight away."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thanks again," says Jones. "I'll be in the fingerprint lab." He leads Elizabeth and Johnny further into New Scotland Yard. "This way, Miss."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by imme »

Elizabeth follows Jones down the corridor. "Thank you, but no refreshments are necessary. I am just very glad to be out of that hotel." She pulls her coat a little tighter.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The forensic technicians take the evidence from Sergeant Jones. They'll compare the fingerprints that he recovered with those on file, they should know whether they have a match tomorrow with luck. They warn him that it's unlikely that they'll be able to recover fingerprints from the letter, but it's always worth trying. If the typewriter that was used to write the letter is found they think they'll be able to confirm the match.
OOC,fingerprint recovery from paper appears to rely on either super-glue vapour or very greasy hands. Unfortunately super-glue doesn't exist yet, so it depends on what the author has been eating.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Jones to the technicians. "I'm sure you'll do the best you can. At least the fingerprints from the crime scene itself are rather clear." He nods to Elizabeth and Johnny. "If you're ready to proceed, I'll go requisition a revolver for myself and whistles for the two of you - and one for your friend Caroline as well, for when we meet her."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

"Thank you," says Johnny, "that will be a great comfort."

He pauses thoughtfully for a moment before continuing, "Sergeant Jones, your Inspector seemed keen for Miss Downing to be sent home as quickly as possible, but I feel that I must caution against such an action."

"The situation in New York is every bit as dangerous as here in London, when we departed, we had little choice. And if you don't mind me saying, you seem to be making better progress in your investigations than the New York police."

"If Miss Downing were placed on a ship back to New York, then I fear that you would be condemning her and the rest of us to the same fate that her friend Jackson Elias met."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're welcome, Mr. Wong," says Jones. "Thank you, and you're quite right. Returning to New York is not an option, not with the killers there still at large. I don't think Inspector Barrington is aware of the full situation yet, or I doubt he'd be in favor of it. At the time, a voyage to London probably seemed the safest thing. Once we rout out the rest of the killers, it will be safe again, though until then we'll need to be careful."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The duty sergeant Meadows rushes across to Jones, he speaks in an urgent whisper, "Sorry to disturb you, be we've just received word of a shooting at the Blue Pyramid Club. The first constables on the scene have reported that one of the doormen was shot dead. The doorman was armed as well."

"The report is rather confusing, apparently the only real witnesses have claimed that a Russian spy saved a dancing girl from being killed by rest of the staff!"

"Also I thought that DC Woods was watching the club, but no one's heard from him since he reported the earlier incident."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, Inspector Barrington and I couldn't find him when we visited the Blue Pyramid Club earlier," says Jones. "I did have a bad feeling about that at the time and spoke to him about it. We were called away to the Ritz before we had a chance to go looking for him properly, but he hadn't gone inside. I'll head back to the club immediately. Does anyone know exactly where Woods was supposed to be watching from? There might be some indication there of what happened to him." He turns back to Elizabeth and Johnny. "It should be safe to bring you both there, as there will be plenty of constables there. However, anyone there will see you with us, and if they're involved in all this, they may report it to the author of that note. It's up to you if you want to come with me or remain here at Scotland Yard until I return. You'll be safe enough here, that's for certain."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,I'm expecting that Imme will post a reply in the next 24 hours. So Johnny will wait and see what Elizabeth wants to do before saying anything. BTW: Let's assume that Jones has already got the revolver and the whistles.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Ah, yes. Well, thank you, Jones, but from what I have heard of this place, the clientele are precisely the type of people who we may not want to come in contact with. But ... I am eager to hear more about this incident, since," Elizabeth swallows, then continues, "since I think this 'Russian spy' may in fact be a friend of ours!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jones raises an eyebrow. "It certainly is a small world," he says. "A Russian knight in shining armour who rescues a damsel in distress? That sounds awfully familiar. My guess is it's one of the Rukov brothers. Do you know them?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Elizabeth looks embarrassed. "Well, yes, in fact. We have been traveling with the Rukovs since New York. They have been involved in all of this from the very beginning."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Ah," says Jones. "That does make sense. You'll have to tell me how you joined up with them sometime, but I had better get over to the club quickly. If you do wish to come with me, you can tell me on the way. Otherwise, it will have to wait for my return."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

New Scotland Yard - Victoria Embankment, London 8:35pm - Thursday 29th January, 1925

Johnny nods politely, "We shall accompany you to the scene Sergeant, hopefully our friend is safe, as well as the damsel that he rescued."

"Please, you must take care though. From our experiences in New York we know that these particular criminal gangs have no qualms whatsoever about attacking the police once they realise that the game is up."

"The police in New York were heavily armed, but they were slaughtered when they raided the criminal headquarters in Harlem."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you for the warning, Mr. Wong," says Jones, distributing the whistles. "You are right, and I will be cautious. I fear that DC Woods may have already met with such a fate. We'll have to keep alert for any sign of danger. Let's go. We can take the same car that I drove here, though I must admit I'm not much of a driver. Do your duties in your service to Miss Downing include being a chauffeur?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

If Johnny is surprised by Jones' suggestion, he doesn't show it.

"Yes Sergeant, I often drive Miss Downing and I'd be happy to drive you both now. It's been a while since I last drove a police car though."

He takes out a cigarette, "Is it ok if I smoke?"

"Shall we be going?"

Return to “Raiko's Masks of Nyarlathotep Game”