IC: Return to Soho - Maksim & Nethaniel

At long last the Stars are almost Right. Soon Nyarlathotep's plans will come to fruition. Then the world will be changed irrevocably -- but not quite yet. Pesky human investigators have learned much, but can they survive long enough to make sense of what they know?

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: IC: Return to Soho - Maksim & Nethaniel

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: Is he going to open the front doors and ask the bobby personally (which I'm assuming)? Or is he asking someone else?
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC: he is opening the door a bit and asking the bobby.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The police officer turns to regard the two men, tears streaming down his face and lip trembling. "I - I just ... the lights went out and there was this ... this shape ... like fog ... there was something there." He points with a shaky finger further down the road. "It was a nothing but I ... I glimpsed something. I just...." His face is ashen and his whole body trembles. "I'm sure I saw ... or was it? Or was it?"

Nethaniel sighs. "Blimey, he's gone mental!" Then he looks in the direction he was pointing. "And the car's gone."

As though right on cue, a sleek black vehicle comes racing around the streets, cornering hard and rushing back down the road. Nethaniel breaks loose and races out to the side of the road to flag it down. "Oi, Maks! Maks!"

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Shit," Mikey says as the snake wiggled past me. I reach to grab him.
ooc,that would be successful normally. but I'll play it how you like. If I had no chance to grab him that is cool also.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Mikey manages to grab hold of him but not before he's mostly opened the door and shouted out to Maksim, causing the car to screech to a half a dozen feet past the hotel before Mikey can jerk the lad back into the hotel lobby, much to the consternation of the other guests inside.

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"So much for counting on your word. Who is this Maks guy anyway?" Mikey whispers in his ear, ignoring the people in the hotel lobby. Also trying to get a glimpse of what Maks is doing in the car.
ooc,has Mikey ever met Maks, or know who he is.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"You wanted to meet with 'im," said Nethaniel, with all the hurt innocence of a collared pickpocket. "He was about to scarper! How would we get 'im then? He's one of the Russian blokes who work for Miss Downing. C'mon, if there's some invisible shapeless thing about I'd much rather be in his car. Now c'mon."
OOC,No, you haven't met him, but you do know that he helped kill a couple of the Egyptian Murderers who killed one woman in the British Museum and aimed to kill another.

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"You better be straight with me," taking a look around the lobby, and then out the door, Mikey pushes Nethaniel towards the car. He takes a quick glance down towards where the 'shapeless' creature supposedly was at. Then heads for the car and jumps in the back seat.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Both of the seats that face the hotel are empty so Nethaniel hopes into the passenger seat and Mikey finds him say beside a beautiful black woman wearing a man's jacket over skimpy and exotic dancers' clothing. The man hunched behind the wheel is also handsome in that peculiarly Hollywood kind of way and who barely glances back at him before slamming his foot down on the accelerator and changing gears in quick succession as he high tails it out of here. The lack of interest is disconcerting. The man hardly seems surprised.

Perhaps people in their position are used to surprises?

"Hullo Maks, this here's...." Nethaniel frowns back at him. "Bugger me, I forget his name what with all the guns and knives they'd pointed at me. IRA fellow. Nice enough chap when you get past the knife. Got a bit of an issue with that Chabout Warehouse we got raided but seems a tad interested in helping us out for...." He scratches his head. "Dunno, but we might be able to get guns off 'em and settle Miss Downing's account or something."

Maksim heaves a heavy sigh and shrugs. "Pleased to meet ya, Mikey." He has a Russian accent but most of his English pronunciations have a tilt toward New York American, creating a slightly blended accent.

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Mikey takes in everyone in the car. "Yea, thanks for the lift. Now can someone tell me what the hell is going on?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"That's a really long story that's better off being told in the pub," says Maksim. "So I take it Miss Downing wasn't there?"

OOC: You know that she's in police custody at this stage.

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"No, the cops have her in for questioning. And a pint sounds really good about now." Mikey replies.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Maksim hunches over the wheel, staring ahead as the streetlights brush through the interior of the car again and again. "Since when did Miss Downing become a suspect? Probably after some Russians as their monsters. Nothing like foreign criminals to keep the Brits happy. Shame I helped save that woman at the British Museum. Might make pinning it all on me a little rougher." He sighs and shakes his head. "Have to go on without her then. My names Rukov, Maksim Rukov but you can call me Maks since otherwise my twin brother may get confused. And this is Yaleesha. Her beloved has been kidnapped by these Egyptian Murderers. We know around where to go."

"Uh, what happened to Menkheper?" asked Nethaniel.

Maksim gives a little shrug, his cold smile clear in the rearview mirror. "He decided to leave all in a hurry while we were waiting here. His nerves got the best of him, I think. He ran into a dark and foggy alley."

Yaleesha shivers.

Nethaniel looks aghast. "And that gunshot?"

"Backfire, I'm sure," says Maksim.

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Doesn't sound like the smartest fellow." Mikey leans back, "But from what Net up here says, we could be an enemy of enemy situation. But something scared the hell out of the copper in front of the building. What the hell are we dealing with?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Maksim smirk turns a little sour at that. "Wouldn't believe us if we told you."

Nethaniel grins. "Just you wait till we get to the pub, mate. Things we'll talk about will make ya think you're with bloody nutters."

"Unfortunately, we're not," says Maksim.

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"So shall we pick up Miss Downing, or go have a pint?" Mikey questioning what the hell he is getting into.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Maksim shrugs. "I need a pint first. Then we can grab Miss Downing. Odds are she's already lawyered up and is waiting for us at the meet up point."

"Do you have a gun, sir?" asked Yaleesha, gazing at Mikey with big, soulful eyes. It's hard not to be aware of just how very, very naked she is beneath that suit jacket. "It would be good to have more guns on us."

"He's got a knife," says Nethaniel, with a strange laugh that is half hiccup.

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"A knife is all I usually need. But I have a gun if I need it, and can probably get some more if we need them. But a pint and a bit more explanation on what we are dealing with would go a long way. I just thought it was some lunatic Egyptians?" Mikey says, patting the empty pocket he usually keeps his .38 in, and wishing maybe he had it on him right now.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"There's at least thirty of those lunatic Egypatians," said Maksim. "And a number of white Englishman besides."

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Thirty plus, I'm afraid of no one, but I'm not idiot enough to face 8 to 1 odds." Mikey shakes his head, "Do we have any more people?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “Raiko's Masks of Nyarlathotep Game”