IC: Return to Soho - Maksim & Nethaniel

At long last the Stars are almost Right. Soon Nyarlathotep's plans will come to fruition. Then the world will be changed irrevocably -- but not quite yet. Pesky human investigators have learned much, but can they survive long enough to make sense of what they know?

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC: Return to Soho - Maksim & Nethaniel

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Oh bloody hell...

Nethaniel gulps deeply and follows the officer, too frightened to make another attempt to escape.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

The constable unlocks the door (not a good sign) and opens it to reveal an empty hotel room. "She must be in the shower," says Constable Owen, nodding his head for Nethaniel to enter. Once he does, Constable Owen shuts the door behind him and locks it before slowly turning around. "Now, I'd advise you not to scream or do anything rash. I just want a little talk with you. That's all. A little talk and then I'll let you go. I might be a bent copper but I'm no killer so if you play nice, you get nice treatment. All right? We're probably not even after you. We got a few questions is all. That okay with you?"
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nethaniel nods his head submissively, gripping his briefcase tightly to his chest and shivering slightly as he takes a seat on the bed.

What sort of questions? What bloody good thing would I know? I deal in myth and mythos, not murder constable? Is Miss Elizabeth a bloody suspect? I only know her through our mutual association with Professor Jackson Elias. I assure you, she is no suspect is she? She is only concerned for the general safety of...

Oh bloody hell..

Nethaniel rests his briefcase on his lap and begins to clean his glasses..

What would you like to know constable. I'm afraid you've given me quite a scare then haven't you with this interrogation business of yours and all. This all seems quite unofficial if you don't mind me saying so? Very cloak and dagger i must say.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Constable Owen nods, looking pleased with himself as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Very cloak and dagger indeed, sir, but such is life the way things are. Queen and country and all that. So ... what was all that lark about raiding a warehouse and what has that to do with the mysterious death cult, hmm? Miss Downing and company said they were connected when she tipped off the police. And don't pretend you have no idea or I'll have to get cross with you and you wouldn't like that."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nethaniel scoffs in that oh so English way.

I'm sure that I don't know constable. The only warehouse I have any knowledge of being raided is my own bloody shop. If Miss Downing is s a suspect then perhaps I should be looking in her direction for the culprits who kicked down my bloody door right?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Was it a police raid then? If not, probably not the same style as the one I'm talking about." Constable Owen sighs and claps his hands together. "Wouldn't scream if I were you. Tends to startle the locals. Wouldn't want to have to blame something on them crazy cultists."

That bathroom door opens to reveal a man in a rather ordinary suit with a cruel smile, ice blue eyes and a smattering of freckles. There are two things that draw his attention the most. The strap of leather that he wraps around his hands, toying with it as though testing its tension, and the sharp knife between his teeth.

"Well, looks like I've learned all I can here...." Constable Owen heads over to the door that leads out. "Maybe I should leave you two to it? Or you just remembered something?"

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Mikey steps into the room and nods over at the Constable. The blue eyes seem to contrast the red hair on his head. He puffs his shoulder and chest and it makes him look even bigger.

Mikey smiles so Nethaniel can see his teeth clinching his lucky knife, Vera. Then he snaps the leather strap...
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Nethaniel just stares at Mikey for a long moment, obviously momentarily shocked speechless.

Constable Owen cocks his head to one side. "Did you hear that? It sounded almost like a ... gunshot." He keeps close to the door, casting a wary glance at Nethaniel as though expecting him to make a break for it. "Go check the window."

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Mikey takes the knife out of his mouth. "I didn't hear anything." But edges over to the window and takes a quick look outside, not sure what to really look for. He looks for anything that looks out of place.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Mikey sees nothing but he's getting a bad feeling about this. Nethaniel's friends car is still parked out there, though, which is a good sign. Unless it was his friend who fired the gun?

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Mikey takes a step towards Nethaniel and away from the window. "So what do you think that was?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I don't know," said Nethaniel, looking confused and a bit scared. "I have no idea what's happening."

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Mikey walks up to Nethaniel and yanks him to his feet. "I think you know more than your telling. Maybe we should take a nice little walk down to the street, huh?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC: sorry double post.
Last edited by BenTheRat on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Uh, sure?" says Nethaniel, looking utterly confused now. "Maybe? Why? What's happening out on the street?" He cranes his neck to see out the window though obviously from this angle he isn't going to see anything at all.

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC,Now I'm confused, I thought the gunshot came from outside. Do I know what info we are trying to get out of Nathanial?
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show BentheRat,the gunshot did come from outside. Odds are Nethaniel is either too scared to think straight or is playing the fool in the hopes of being able to escape. Possibly a bit of both. Your gang want to know the connection between Miss Downing, the Egyptian Murders and the raid on your warehouse, ideally getting information on all of the above - possibly even some good old-fashioned blackmail materials - and getting a lead on taking out whoever raped and killed that maid. Here's the trail of thought your boss had: Our warehouse just got raided by cops! Our crooked cop tells us that Miss Downing tipped them off. We should get revenge and show that you can't do that to us. Our crooked cop tells us she's connected to some Russians who took down the Egyptian Murderers at the British Museum. Since they're big damn vigilante heroes, might simply try to intimidate Miss Downing into paying some compensation. Find the hotel she's staying at and chat to a nice Irish born maid with a regrettably British name. Nice maid is later brutally raped and murdered. Decide that the plan has changed. Take it out of the Egyptian Murderer's hides. Best to double check that Miss Downing's involvement is strictly vigilante and not opposite ends of some conspiracy. Since Miss Downing is down at the station, best try to collar any of her friends and gather more information and then decide if a partnership is worthwhile. Maybe extort some cash out of them to make up for the lost goods as a side project.

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Mikey sets Nethaniel back on the bed. "Maybe we are going about this the wrong way." Mikey puts his knife, Vera, back in the sheath and then pulls up a chair spins it around sits down facing the bed. "So tell me, what was your involvement with the maid?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Look mate, do I look like a brutal murderer?" asked Nethaniel, the final shock seeming to shock him back to some semblance of sensibility. "Wait! If you're asking me about that bird then you can't be the one who did her in then? You're looking into this?" He looks back at the cop, Owen, who had been about to leave but who had taken up position by the door when the gunshot occurred. "Why not do it officially? Why shack me up in here and scare the bloody blazes outta me? All I know is some bloody crazy killer cult's behind the Egyptian Murders and they been trying to kill us too."

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Look Mate," mimicking him. "I've walked down a prison row and half of them there looked just like you. So if you are telling me you don't know anything about the murder, tell me about the warehouse break in."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “Raiko's Masks of Nyarlathotep Game”