IC: Return to Soho - Maksim & Nethaniel

At long last the Stars are almost Right. Soon Nyarlathotep's plans will come to fruition. Then the world will be changed irrevocably -- but not quite yet. Pesky human investigators have learned much, but can they survive long enough to make sense of what they know?

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: IC: Return to Soho - Maksim & Nethaniel

Post by Laraqua »

"Warehouse break in?" asked Nethaniel, buying time by repeating him. "Only place I broke into was my own shop and, er, well, not a warehouse! Why? Your warehouse got robbed? You here because your warehouse got robbed? Look mate, did you try the Russians? Them Ruskies are always getting themselves in trouble." He chuckles nervously, eyeing the door. "What say you let me go and we leave this all behind us?"
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Mikey wags his finger, "Never said you broke in, asked what you knew about it. Alright lets try a different tactic. You work for Miss Downing, right?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Yeah, sorta," says Nethaniel. "I mean, yeah. Yeah. I help her out and such. You wanna chat to her? Get her side of the scoop? I think the bobbies have her at the moment. Shouldn't be too hard for your bobby friend to call in on her."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Alright now we are getting somewhere. We know that Miss Downing tipped off the coppers on our warehouse, my question is why?" Mikey says.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Your warehouse?" Nethaniel sputters. "No wonder you're bloody well pissed! You ain't connected to them Egyptian Murderers though, are ya? So you were both sharing the same dodgy old warehouse? Well that was all Elizabeth's idea. I'm sure if you let me go she'll pay up the difference, like. She seems to be made of money that one. We didn't have no interest nor trouble with whoever dodgy folks you work for. Just got something against them murderers who've been trying to murder us and smuggle ... weird stuff."

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"No we don't have anything to do with the guys running around killing Egyptians. We have an arrangement to use the warehouse. So compensation will be forthcoming, but tell me more about this weird stuff." Mikey says.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Ah well, the Egyptian killers don't just kill Egyptians but anyone who crosses them," says Nethaniel. "Bad idea to cross 'em, which we did, but we're a bit looney like that. They been after us ever since. Took a good friend of ours, sweet bird, stolen away just like that. We've a mind to get her back but don't know how to do it exactly." He pauses. "If you're the kinda dodgy that dealt in that warehouse, well, you got the skinny on any gun dealers about the place? I know a bloke who could use some guns. Big guns preferably. Miss Downing's got plenty of pounds if you got the interest."

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"So wait a minute, I was questioning you a minute ago, and now you're trying to buy illegal guns from me?" Mikey scratches his head and looks confused. "What exactly are you proposing?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Nethaniel smiles. "Well, that's just it, mate. Before I wasn't sure who you were. Thought you were one of them mental killers with the cult but it turns out you are just an ordinary criminal on the babble, if you know what I mean. Since they scare me more than you do, I am happy to take a chance and get some guns. We were lookin' to meet some Irish criminal, not you probably, but maybe you'll do. Go with what's convenient, right? I'm just a bookseller. I'm no good with all this cloak and dagger.... Besides, it looks like your issue is with Miss Downing, not with me. If I told you the things we had to deal with, you wouldn't Adam and Eve it so best not to go into any further detail or else you'll think I've gone Mum and Dad!"

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"So you want to meet some criminals? So you tip the cops off to our stash?" Now it was Mikey's turn to laugh, "For a book worm you're not the brightest candle in the box are you?"

"Assume for a minute I can possibly get you what you want, I need to know whats going on, so I can get the right stuff. Capish?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Capish?" asked Nethaniel, startled. "You with the Mafia? Umm, we didn't tip the cops off to get you to meet up with us, that would be right stupid. No, we tipped the cops off to this cult's stash which happened to be in with yours. We didn't know anything about that. Then you happened across us. Weren't what we were expecting, lemme tell ya. We got enough trouble with the bobbies and the crazies. I dunno what we need to deal with the crazies. Them Russians might know better about that, assuming you didn't kill 'em with that gunshot which, if it wasn't you who did it and it wasn't me who did it, then who did it? Them crazies are probably watchin' this hotel. Might be up to something."

He pauses, takes a deep breath. "These crazies worship a big scary Wotzit and are prepared to kill for it. Murders their game and they love it, or seem to. Some crazy Russian came up to me in my shop and asked me about what I knew about Elias Jackson and the next thing I know I'm in the British Museum running from some crazies who'd just chopped up Gwen's friend. Dear old Gwen, poor bird, she got kidnapped but that was later. We got her out of that museum, at least, but your bobby friend probably knows all about that. I got a crossbow, by the way, think the Russians have a handgun or two. That's about it for weapons. Could use a few more since we're planning a raid to save our dear friend, Gwen. 'Course we've got to get a bloody move on before they top her."

"So what'd you wanna know exactly? About this cult? What do you need to know to sell us things? As I said, Miss Downing'll be able to arrange any compensation you need, assuming I'm alive and all. Otherwise them Russians ... cor, y'know what Russians are like? Bloody and vengeful. They'd be real terrors if you tried any rough stuff."

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Tell me more about this cult." Mikey says, thinking. "I think I can get you some hardware, but I want in on this. No one comes into our territory and does this without paying their dues."
OOC,so not sure what access I'd have to guns, I think I'd recommend a rental agreement for the guns. Probably cheaper and they probably won't need them afterwards.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I'm new to this whole cult-chasing business, mate," says Nethaniel. "Miss Downing and the Russians would be better chatters.... Wait, there's Menkheper. He's one of them. One of them cultists. One of them that we caught. He's with one of the Russians outside."

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Then lets go have a chat with your friends, shall we?" I grab him by the back of his arm and help him up and walk towards the door.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,do you keep your hand on his arm or only help him up?

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

As we walk towards the door with my hand on his arm, "Ok, now you aren't going to try to run are you?"
And I let go of him, but stay right on his shoulder.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Run?!" sputtered Nethaniel. "Do I look like a bloody nonce to you? Don't wanna get shot in the back, mate. I'll walk just right with you."

The trio head to the elevator.

"I can't head out into the foyer with you," says Owen, hitting the button to call it. "Don't want people to notice us all together, especially if you two get into trouble later on. I'll be seeing you later at the usual place, all right?"

OOC: The usual place is the main pub. He's less describing a meeting place and more pointing out that you two will doubtless see each other again. Hopefully.

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

The two of us get in and ride down to the lobby. If nothing looks unusual there, we will move up to the door and look out onto the street.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The Bentley can be seen parked on the other side of the road through the lobby windows. There's a police officer stationed by the front doors of the Ritz Hotel, however, though he's looking quite nervous judging by the brief glance you get when the double doors are opened to admit another visitor.

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Making sure I have all my weapons put away, "So what's going on out here?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore